Ultra Street Fighter IV hits PS4 on Tuesday, new enhancements detailed

Capcom’s classic fighter will now support licensed PS4 FightSticks

Hey crew! Gio Corsi here, Director of Third Party Production at SCEA, and I wanted to give you all a quick “great news” update on Ultra Street Fighter IV PS4 with less than a week before its digital launch on 26th May!

The big update: Ultra Street Fighter IV will support PS4 FightSticks, of course. But we’ve also included Lab Zero’s drivers so that USFIV will support licensed PS3 FightSticks as well. For more details on how this will work, please check the Capcom Unity or Lab Zero sites after the game launches on 26th May.

Other reminders:

• Ultra SFIV on PS4 will be running at 1080p resolution and 60 frames per second for all your fighting glory
  • The PS4 version of USFIV will also include all DLC launched up to this point, including the most recent Vacation and Wild costume packs
  • A few of you hardcore Street Fighters out there said that there was minor input lag in the controls of Ultra Street Fighter IV for PS3. Well, don’t worry: We’ve eliminated it to make the PS4 edition the ultimate version on any platform!
  • The price is €24.99/£19.99.

We’ll see you online next week! In the meantime, check out Capcom’s brand-spanking-new trailer above celebrating the upcoming launch of Ultra Street Fighter IV on PS4. Enjoy!

Did you enjoy this?

79 Comments 2 Author replies
Show oldest first
FelixAndrews 22 May, 2015 @ 3:04 pm   1

Anyone know if the Qanba Q4 is among the supported models? I only just bought one!

A_n_g_e_L_1979 26 May, 2015 @ 9:44 pm

hey man,i presume u already have the game,so i was wondering if u already tested the Qanba. Im thinking about getting 1 also. But im afraid it doesn’t work! Any info,would be very much appreciated:)

Ziomano 22 May, 2015 @ 3:09 pm   2

This is the pricing that can even justify double dipping 😉

MattDark86 23 May, 2015 @ 3:13 pm

Wont have to wait long. I remember the PS3 version dropping to less than £10 a few weeks after its release. Even went down to £5 pretty quickly in the supermarkets.

Dont think it will take too long to go down too.

TripleNya 25 May, 2015 @ 11:06 am

@Mattdark86 This is a digital release, so I expect the price to drop in 6+ months

Thats not a bad pricetag. I’m suprised.

So… any chance of PS3 stick compatibility? Not sure I want to spend another £100…

andrewsqual 22 May, 2015 @ 3:36 pm   5

Great pricing. How big is the game in gbs?

“But we’ve also included Lab Zero’s drivers so that USFIV will support licensed PS3 FightSticks as well.”
YES, awesome news.Well, you have my 25€ :p

A shame it’s digital release only and no retail disc option. I will have to pass for this reason.

ambuckle 22 May, 2015 @ 4:03 pm   8

Will wait for Street Fighter V.

joyrul96 22 May, 2015 @ 4:31 pm   9

Day 1! Most definitive version for sure, surprised you don’t mention this includes the latest Wild Costume Pack free which is not included free for Ultra on other platforms 🙂

tat_sun 22 May, 2015 @ 5:06 pm

Second bullet point: “The PS4 version of USFIV will also include all DLC launched up to this point, including the most recent Vacation and Wild costume packs”

JohnParry 22 May, 2015 @ 5:11 pm   10

From the LabZero site:
“The EU PS3 release was moved back to April 24th by Sony Europe at the last minute without warning.”

Not wanting to wait for this one so will be getting the US version instead.

JohnParry 22 May, 2015 @ 5:13 pm

Ah, just seen that the date change is for Skull Girls. 🙂

Chocobo115 22 May, 2015 @ 5:17 pm   11

Shame about digital only. Would have bought if it was a physical release.

Cloud_AC 22 May, 2015 @ 5:22 pm   12

No Retail = No Buy. I’ll stick to my PS3 disk.

supersmith2500 22 May, 2015 @ 5:37 pm   13

Dear Gio Corsi,
Vita version would be awesome. 😀

bend2squares 22 May, 2015 @ 5:48 pm   14

THIS is the correct way to price remasters/re-releases of last gen games.

Sony take the hint and make sure God of War III Remastered is fairly priced.

Harrisown 22 May, 2015 @ 5:56 pm   15

Great price for a great version of a great game.
The PS3 fight stick compatibility is awesome too. I don’t own any fight sticks but it increases my chances of picking up one cheaply!

sumpunk 22 May, 2015 @ 11:00 pm   16

I originally had zero interest in this game, because I honestly thought my ps3 stick wouldn’t work. You’ve now sold me on it. I have a few ps3 fight sticks, including my Street Fighter IV TE stick. Good to know it’s gonna be able to get some use.

MrEibmoz 22 May, 2015 @ 11:36 pm   17

Own every version of SF4 on every platform yet I’m still psyched about grabbing this one!

Vanilla SF4 is still the best though 😉

Tagged_Deaf 23 May, 2015 @ 12:47 am   18

Should I? Should I have a break from doing some fatal selfies and go back to spamming some Thailand fireballs??

BankeA 23 May, 2015 @ 1:37 am   19

HOLY [DELETED]. PS3 stick compatibility!!?? They did it, they really did it. Thank you again Lab Zero!

Instant buy.

HollywoodGravy 23 May, 2015 @ 7:15 am   20

What would have been really good, would have been releasing this BEFORE the bank holiday and not after.

Chronospherics 23 May, 2015 @ 4:32 pm   21

I want this but can’t justify a digital copy of a fighting game. It’s all about the ability to take a copy to friends houses / tournaments, and that’s just not compatible with a digitally distributed version of the game.

It seems that most of the UK FGC are sticking with the PC or XBOX360 versions of the game, and I don’t blame them.

Im quite the opposite, ever wonder, digital is best for fighting games.
    If your buddy doesn’t own his own copy, is he really into enough?
    I also think that most tournaments either supply console with game, or neither, ive never heard of a tourney where you must bring your game and controller, but no console.

My idea of digital being better, is that fighting games go in and out of the console when a buddy comes over.. we play some street fighter, some tekken, some DOA, then i put in my SP game again.
    I sold my disc copies, and bought digital cause of this. Less CD swapping strain FTW.

Really good price, and i am SOOOOO happy about the PS3 Fight stick use.
What are the odds these driver will be on Street Fighter 5 too?

Harrisown 25 May, 2015 @ 9:46 pm   23

Is it worth waiting up till midnight to download this?
I hope it does play hide and seek all day tomorrow before turning up at so,e random time towards the end of the day.

BlackBwoy 26 May, 2015 @ 2:27 am   24

It’s 02:27, where is it?

MrEibmoz 26 May, 2015 @ 5:21 am

It wasnt preloaded so Id say around 4pm it will go up. That said I wouldnt be surprised if Tues was copied over from the USA post and the EU one doesnt go up till out store update on wednesday. 🙁

Still waiting, luckily Magicka 2 is downloaded so that will keep me going until it shows up

Harrisown 26 May, 2015 @ 9:08 am   25

Well I hung around for a couple of hours last night but gave up at 2am
Still nothing now so I think maybe lunch time.
Might just go play the Ps now version…

cadaver138 26 May, 2015 @ 9:44 am   26

getting a bit annoyed with this now, you’d think street fighter being new gen exclusive to sony they would of put this up for pre-order, or actually got it out by now.
whats the logic here? no pre-order for street fighter but dmc4 can be pre-ordered, and a month before release.
assassins creed can be pre-ordered and thats in pre-alpha.
well, i guess i’ll just go make a cup of tea and wait some more. *sigh*

Harrisown 26 May, 2015 @ 10:03 am

Lol I was just browsing the store and thinking that the people who decided to re-release DMC4 are OUT OF THEIR MINDS.
    It wasn’t even good a billion years ago. Flogging a dead horse.

Unicronic 26 May, 2015 @ 10:57 am   27

I am going to wait for Ultra Hyper Mega SF4: Final Tournament Edition

geromegalindo 26 May, 2015 @ 1:42 pm   28

I don’t see it on PSN on my PS4, How do I get it?

Light_23-LCie 26 May, 2015 @ 2:18 pm   29

Why is there no news or update to where the game actually is? Its not like people are waiting to play it or amything. Mortal Kombat is a perfect game right? Why do we need street fighter…..

Sarcasim intended.

maverick2056 26 May, 2015 @ 2:35 pm   30

Agree the fact that the game isn’t there is a problem, but the lack of information is what will cost sales, this blog is monitored constantly and if they do not know why it isn’t available or what the problem is then just let us know that, being quiet and hoping we will all just go away is ignorant and the people running this blog on sony’s behalf should address their career choice, after all we are only the customer it’s not like we’re important or anything.

ShinRaiga 26 May, 2015 @ 2:38 pm   31

Jeez Louise. Okay, so the game is not available yet. It’s not the end of the world. Some of you guys need to chill. Even if it doesn’t show up til midday tomorrow, is it really that much of a detriment to your life? Relax.

I’ll see you guys in Endless lobbies! 😉

DSTgeeza 26 May, 2015 @ 2:57 pm   32

This release all seems a little rushed!!!

Light_23-LCie 26 May, 2015 @ 3:19 pm

I wish it was. I might actually be playing now if it was

TWO-TEN-UNDERDOG 26 May, 2015 @ 3:35 pm   33

Throw us a freakin’ bone here… surely in this day and age they can say a time?

Light_23-LCie 26 May, 2015 @ 3:47 pm

It literaly take. 20 seconds to jump on twitter and tell us whats going on.

Fred Dutton 26 May, 2015 @ 4:06 pm

Hi everyone. Really sorry to keep you waiting. The team has been battling some technical issues all day. The good news is that you should see it live on the Store in the next 30 minutes (around 4.30pm BST).

TWO-TEN-UNDERDOG 26 May, 2015 @ 4:11 pm

Cheers Fred. I can go get a beer now.

Light_23-LCie 26 May, 2015 @ 4:29 pm

Thanks for the heads up Fred. You must understand we all just wanna throw fireballs at eachother 🙁

johnnytravels 26 May, 2015 @ 4:56 pm

Ha, and for a moment I believed you!

Harrisown 26 May, 2015 @ 4:05 pm   34

I knew this would happen.
Crap like Magika 2 turns up right away but street fighter is just hiding in the bushes…..watching me….
I just want my life back.
I can’t refresh the store anymore.
I even did i via remotely when I was making pasta….

KobraKid1083 26 May, 2015 @ 4:10 pm   35

So 30 minutes then? That’s cool. At least now we know what’s been going on.

PS_TrophyHunter 26 May, 2015 @ 4:28 pm   36

Can’t wait £19.99 is the price most remasters or re-releases should be priced at so I will happily condone your actions and hand over my cash and purchase on day one 🙂

ShinDevil001 26 May, 2015 @ 4:44 pm   37

Fred Dutton, thank you!

UltraTov 26 May, 2015 @ 4:44 pm   38

Lovely, this is a nice surprise. Been outta the game for ages. Cheers guys, see you online!

ShinDevil001 26 May, 2015 @ 4:45 pm   39

Yet long to wait?

cadaver138 26 May, 2015 @ 4:45 pm   40

oh great lord Dutton, can we have a direct link as soon as its live?

ShinDevil001 26 May, 2015 @ 4:54 pm   42

USF4 in PS Store!!))

TWO-TEN-UNDERDOG 26 May, 2015 @ 5:12 pm   43

Anyone from the UK see it? Cos’ I got SFA here.

Harrisown 26 May, 2015 @ 5:46 pm   44

I’m getting like 300k on my fibre connection 🙁

OnikenUK 26 May, 2015 @ 6:38 pm   45

Stupidly, I was at 10gb/14gb downloaded and it was going so slow I thought restarting the PS4 might help. I lost all my progress and now I’m downloading from the beginning again. Please fix the download speed I want to play tonight 🙁

Harrisown 26 May, 2015 @ 6:47 pm   46

I garrante I could download 14 gigs on steam in 25 minutes.
So painful watching this just stuck at 30 minutes for the last 90 minites

BluRay2999 26 May, 2015 @ 7:14 pm   47

I’m not even able to purchase it. Getting PSN Error E-82000171
Did a purchase last week and everything went smoothly. I’m quite sure it has to do with the technical problem that the PSN team had.

TheNoble_Ali 27 May, 2015 @ 12:35 am   48

Okay Fred and Jawad….WHAT is going on with this port? It’s mean to be the “best version” but it seems like it’s in fact the “worst version”. There is so much that is wrong with this port which you cannot even deny. There are:

– Awful and slow laggy menus.
– Blurry textures (look at training stage).
– Shaky netcode which seems worse than PS3.
– Reports of possible frame delay.
– PS3 fighting stick lag.

This is completely unacceptable and I’m very disappointed in this as I and so many people out there have paid our hard earned money, (£20 – which is lot of money for a 7 year old game) hoping that it would be the best version yet as marketed in the trailer. Yet we were all deceived. Sony published this game so how on earth did it get past quality assurance? Can you please speak to Gio Corsi or Ocean Interactive and get them to sort this poor excuse of a port. Thank you.

TWO-TEN-UNDERDOG 27 May, 2015 @ 10:43 am

I have to agree. Terrible menus with slow and clunky response. Questionable netcode. Plus…now I’m not sure if this is the game or my pad, but horrendous delay at times or sometimes zero input from certain button presses, I’ve not had any issue on any other game ever so I assume it’s SF4. The Xbox 360 version is superior in every way. You guys need to sort this out.

DSTgeeza 27 May, 2015 @ 12:35 am   49

I had trouble with the direct link so I found it under fighting games in the games section of the store.

My dl says 2 hours but I am dling from Japan.

DSTgeeza 27 May, 2015 @ 3:06 am   50

After 3 hours finally Dled. But no luck with online play.

Load all