Posted

Metal Gear Solid: Ground Zeroes leads June’s PlayStation Plus line-up

Skulls of the Shogun, Call of Juarez: Gunslinger and Super Exploding Zoo also inbound

Yes, it’s that time of the month again. A fresh batch of new PlayStation Plus games are coming your way in just seven days from now, so if you haven’t already done so make sure you pick up all of May’s goodies before they disappear!

Let’s crack on with the great games coming your way this June……

Metal Gear Solid: Ground Zeroes (PS4)

First up this month, we’re excited to offer Hideo Kojima’s brilliant Metal Gear Solid: Ground Zeroes. Imagine classic Metal Gear gameplay but with no restrictions or boundaries, where you can use intelligence and cerebral strategy to sneak your way through entire missions, or go in all guns blazing.

With Metal Gear Solid 5: The Phantom Pain on the horizon, there’s no better time to jump in and get reacquainted with Snake.

Skulls of the Shogun: Bone-A-Fide Edition (PS4)

Next up, a mash-up of turn-based strategy and fighting-game flare, scientifically engineered for lightning-quick rounds, thoughtful strategic play, and an out-there tongue-in-cheek sense of humour.

You play General Akamoto, Japan’s greatest shogun, who’s been stabbed in the back on the eve of his greatest battle – and transported, to the Samurai Afterlife. But an impostor has taken your place, and it’s up to you to shatter his plans and regain your honour!

Call of Juarez: Gunslinger (PS3)

Experience the epic, violent journey of a ruthless bounty hunter on the trail of the West’s most notorious outlaws. Blurring the lines between man and myth, this adventure made of memorable encounters unveils the untold truth behind some of the greatest legends of the Old West.

Call of Juarez

Super Exploding Zoo (PS4 and PS Vita)

From the team who brough you Hohokum, Super Exploding Zoo is a lunatic blend of part arcade action, fiendish puzzles and sly strategy. Round up herds of exploding animals and rampage through 80 destructible levels, seeing off hordes of greedy alien marauders by blowing them up!

Cloudberry Kingdom (PS3)

Next up, enter fiendish platformer Cloudberry Kingdom, the land where good heroes go to die, and Bob is the best of them all. Bob sits on the precipice of retirement, recliner ready, but first he must get back what he lost years ago. Jump and dodge your way through billions of levels on a last ditch mission to conquer infinity. The quest was never over. The princess was never saved. A challenge is waiting, are you ready?

Futuridium EP Deluxe (PS4 and PS Vita)

Finally this month it’s an old school shoot ’em up with a modern twist. Futuridium EP Deluxe offers fast-paced, non-stop, hard-as-nails action, wrapped in a stylish retro vector aesthetic. This one is not to be missed!

In summary

Leaving PS Plus:

Entering PS Plus:

Don’t miss out! Make sure add any of the games scheduled to leave the service to your download list now to ensure you get to play them!

Not a PlayStation Plus member? Then join today from just £5.49/€6.99 per month. To find out more visit our PlayStation Plus site.

Remember, if you’ve not got access to your PS4, PS3 or PS Vita then you can also buy through our online store.

Did you enjoy this?

Comments

235 Comments 0 Author replies
Show oldest first

Liamario 27 May, 2015 @ 4:32 pm   1

It’ll be nice to have GZ on the hard drive.

counterUAVbaby 27 May, 2015 @ 4:33 pm   2

PS3 games suck again! Fail!

killah_fury 27 May, 2015 @ 4:35 pm

Buy a PS4 then 🙂

counterUAVbaby 27 May, 2015 @ 4:37 pm

@killah_fury No no way! For 1 hour at least game?! Hell no!

joyrul96 27 May, 2015 @ 4:46 pm

You guys had great PS3 games nearly every months on PS+ free compared to PS4,just recently one month and this is bad, who cares it’s only few months.

counterUAVbaby 27 May, 2015 @ 4:53 pm

@joyrul96 Every month on PS3 is bad.

Bovrillor 27 May, 2015 @ 5:10 pm

Gunslinger is really rather good IMO. Funny dialogue and responsive accuracy-based shooting. Don’t discount it as ‘just another COD clone’

Malicious_Gam3r 27 May, 2015 @ 5:12 pm

They’ve already given away a ton of great ps3 games, eventually they were going to run out of good games they could get hold of. With games slowly starting to stop releasing on ps3 it’s not going to get any better. You’ll probably get a small resurgence with Farcry 4, Arkham Origins, Saints Row 4 and some others but PS+ on ps3 is pretty much done with AAA now. They rely on what publishers will give them and they’ve used most of the big hitters already.

counterUAVbaby 27 May, 2015 @ 5:19 pm

@Bovrillor It can be finished in 2 hours the least and its just boring, I prefer CoD all day!

@Malicious_Gam3r Ther are lots PS3 games that can be given Watchdogs, South Park: The Stick of Truth, Splinter Cell Trilogy, Splinter Cell Blacklist, Saints Row IV, Battlefield 4, Plants vs. Zombies : The Garden warfare, Call of Duty games, Gran Turismo 6, F1 games, FIFA, Pro, and I can go on and on! They are just greedy!

Massamo84 27 May, 2015 @ 5:46 pm

you do know have to pay companys to get so called free games on psn right not everyone willing to do that yet

counterUAVbaby 27 May, 2015 @ 6:06 pm

@Massamo84 Yes I do know that, and also I know that Sony has the money to do so! That’s why we pay them!

G-IH-O-S-T 27 May, 2015 @ 6:27 pm

This guy…
    You haven’t been subscribed for as far as I can remember.. yet you’re here to complain every single time and people never called you out on it.
    10/10

counterUAVbaby 27 May, 2015 @ 6:42 pm

@G-IH-O-S-T I haven’t been a subscriber since February, and look who is talking the unsubscribed member of PS Plus!

counterUAVbaby 27 May, 2015 @ 6:43 pm

@G-IH-O-S-T I complain, because I like and I want to and also because I’m a PS3 owner. I have a product of them! And no one called you to suck on Sony!

masayers 28 May, 2015 @ 3:53 am

I am still confused why people keep calling these ‘free games’. Simply put if you have PS+ your paying to loan games, you never own them. If you stop your sub you lose access to them. PS+ is a pay upfront grab-bag of games.

For PS3 users who lets not put too finer point on it kept the sony entertainment division out of the poor house for a decade, the quality of games available has dropped exponentially in terms of quantity, and many would say quality too. Prior to the launch of PS4 we got more AAA games and newer ones.

PS4 owners may be satisfied right now but if they are happy to crap on PS3 owners when their new thing comes along…. how well do you think they will treat you when push comes to shove?

As someone who went from proudly saying I have PS+, now I use my PC and have better games, better graphics and a lower cost to game. All that being said now Xbox gold is a superior service for customers compared to PS+.

Antaios 28 May, 2015 @ 7:14 am

Call of Juarez: Gunslinger is excellent.

SwissColony 28 May, 2015 @ 9:35 am

Seriously? I wish I had a PS3 so I could play Call of Juarez. That got very good reviews.

Fethennour 27 May, 2015 @ 4:35 pm   3

I’ve been waiting for Futuridium, thanks.

zalwelgoedgaan 27 May, 2015 @ 4:37 pm   4

Do you like or dislike this line-up? Please choose one vote.

zalwelgoedgaan 27 May, 2015 @ 4:38 pm

I like it.

zalwelgoedgaan 27 May, 2015 @ 4:38 pm

I don’t like it.

dimikiller 27 May, 2015 @ 4:41 pm

MGS: ground zeroes is great, but not enough to make this a good line-up for me…

dark_angel69 27 May, 2015 @ 4:49 pm

You should do a third option and write “I have mixed feelings”

I’m liking for Gunslinger and Cloudberry, despite being more of a PS4 user.

Seishoujyo 28 May, 2015 @ 2:52 am

I have mixed feeling yeah, because MGS is very good and a very good choice on PS4 for the PS+ but the indies are terrible. And the problem is I already have MGS so i won’t only suscribe for those indies sorry.

But I won’t be happy with Killzone, Assassin’s Creed Black Flag, Infamous etc I already have those games. You know what Sony ? Just let me play my multiplayer for free like on PS3, because I really don’t care about your PS+ service, games you already have or terrible indies, and I m sur I m not the only one.

Alphaembryo 31 May, 2015 @ 12:34 pm

Good job zalwelgoedgaan putting the poll up. I was very busy this week. 🙂

JoshHood 27 May, 2015 @ 4:39 pm   5

Damn, Futuridium was only on sale a couple weeks ago, so I bought it then 🙁
Only Ground Zeroes and Super Exploding Zoo for me this month I think!

Ps4 lineup is good, how does Juarez compare to Red Dead?
I’m not too sure about the rest, not impressed but won’t write them off till I try them.

counterUAVbaby 27 May, 2015 @ 4:43 pm

No way at all. They can’t compare each other.

Bovrillor 27 May, 2015 @ 5:14 pm

Depends on your feelings on First Person vs Third.

Red Dead is unquestionably the deeper game, with a colossal story and fairly slow pacing.

Gunslinger is more like Bulletstorm, you rage through classic western scenarios with a comedy slant and an emphasis on skill-kills and unlocking special moves (a bit like the current-gen Wolfensteins). There’s minimal gameplay interruption, which for those of us with jobs and too many games, makes it a blast. The score challenge modes are a welcome bonus.

Meanwhile, in Red Dead, I feel like I’ve been playing forever but I’m still walking dogs and picking up horse poo.

Aceterix 27 May, 2015 @ 5:33 pm

Chalk and cheese, but wonderful chalk and exquisite cheese.

johnnycide 27 May, 2015 @ 4:41 pm   7

Better, much better.

There was me expecting a big month having heard all the rumours floating around with regards to E3, oh well, maybe next month. Don’t get me started on those PS3 games though, what a joke when compared to what there once was. 🙁

MonoAudioStereo 27 May, 2015 @ 4:41 pm   9

Line up for PS Vita honestly suck. Stupid me counted on games like SS Delta or Sword Art Online.

Bovrillor 27 May, 2015 @ 5:15 pm

We don’t all want Jap RPGS and Fighting games.

I’m glad to see a Tower Defence game come to Vita – it’s the perfect platform for them but we see so few!

johnnycide 27 May, 2015 @ 5:27 pm

There are comparitively few people who enjoy JRPGs. Many find them gaudy, shrill, melodramatic, and a chore to play.

vivan000 28 May, 2015 @ 7:11 am

“Tower Defence”? Are you nuts?

WayfaringWalrus 27 May, 2015 @ 4:42 pm   10

Urgh.

ZeFlash 27 May, 2015 @ 4:42 pm   11

This time last year we got Muramasa and Dragon’s Crown. PS+ has sucked since then. PS+ really has went downhill since the PS4 was released

jessesam14 27 May, 2015 @ 4:42 pm   12

By the time they put out one good month where the PS Vita finally gets some love I am already playing Pokemon Red on my Vita (FW 3.36). Because some people actually care about the system.

Dr-AgonFist 27 May, 2015 @ 10:34 pm

Nintendo cares for the Vita, how?

jessesam14 28 May, 2015 @ 8:43 am

I never mentioned Nintendo, did I?

It is merely a statement that while Sony sees the Vita as a dead system not every ‘developer’ does.
    And by the time they realize that, if they are going to at all, most gamers have their own way of playing the games they want on their Vita.
    I do not support this kind of playing in any way, but it has to be a wake up call for Sony.

Indies… all I see are indies…

TheShoes 27 May, 2015 @ 4:50 pm

Then you must be blind.

Golwar 27 May, 2015 @ 4:54 pm

@TheShoes
    Oh, you are right. Indies + a budget title from Ubisoft + a MGS demo. So much better!

TheShoes 28 May, 2015 @ 12:38 pm

For £2.90/month it’s fantastic value, but all you entitled gamers do is b*tch and moan about it all the time and it does my head in. Don’t like it don’t subscribe, simple as that.

Stonesthrow 28 May, 2015 @ 3:51 pm

@TheShoes Just because you’re happy two-shoes doesn’t mean everybody else’ll be.. I seriously hate these comments moaning about other people moaning, can’t you see how ridiculous that is? Now I’m guilty of the fact as well, moaning about you moaning about him moaning and there’s no stop to it. You think you’re some kind of PS blog white knight with these kind of comments? Let people be entitled to their opinions, whether negative or positive. I hate this attitude on the internet of late where anyone who doesn’t optimistically give positive reactions or opinions gets trashed on for being a cynical hater Oo
    He’s just stating a fact, there’s no denying that PS PLUS has been all about indies since ps4. And there’s no doubt that PLUS is fantastic value, but it’s not as simple as unsubscribing anymore since it’s mandatory for online gaming.

I had my hopes when they announced the Xmas line up… but since then it was down the hill again… i have all the games that i wanted to play but i want to see that sony cares for the ps4 owners… good games are coming to ps3 and what do ps4 gets? Remasters in HD for a good 40 euros… Add those to the line up i doubt it costs more to buy the rights on a remastered game….

RyanSufc1997 27 May, 2015 @ 4:44 pm   14

Just want to say, I 100%ted Unfinished Swan and Never Alone. Two exceptional games, and Ether One is one fantastic (yet buggy) game too, so I am very happy with last months line up.

This month is good too, but IMO last month was worth the year alone, so thank you!

joyrul96 27 May, 2015 @ 4:44 pm   15

Chris Howe, for the next months PS+ you should really consider this, Sleeping Dogs Definitive Edition for next month. And Knack for the month after.

Since these are old it will be cheap for you to provide for PS+ AND will keep alot of people happy with these AAA games 🙂

ANDROID-TM 27 May, 2015 @ 4:45 pm   16

Metal Gear and Call of Juarez are absolutely awesome. The rest i don’t know. But im so happy about CoJ 😀

Golwar 27 May, 2015 @ 4:50 pm

Did you even play MGSV? It is a sneak peak, not a game.
    The P.T. demo from Konami was more of a game than that.

Erroneus 27 May, 2015 @ 5:03 pm

“The P.T. demo from Konami was more of a game than that.”

That’s not even remotely true. We can agree that GZ is not the biggest game and was priced to high, but calling it a demo is stretching it a bit to much.

Bovrillor 27 May, 2015 @ 5:20 pm

GZ is only a Demo in the same way that episode 1 of Doom was a ‘demo’ back in the day. There’s hours of gameplay and additional content in there if you bother to invest yourself in it.

Not to mention a slice of the Story Pie that ties Peace Walker to Phantom Pain.

You could see everything PT had to offer inside an hour. I’ve seen Twitchers with 50+ hours logged on GZ striving for 100%

My only gripe with it, is that the ‘pause’ button doesn’t pause the game. Bad UI design 101!

ANDROID-TM 27 May, 2015 @ 5:29 pm

Golwar: Since i only pay 1.- for it its worth the money even if playtime is only 1h.

Golwar 27 May, 2015 @ 5:35 pm

@Erroneus
    Of course I exaggerate. My statement is as true as all those who suggest that this month’s content is ‘awesome’ thanks to GZ.

You want facts? It has a 75% Metacritic rating and the average gamer is finished with the main story in less than 2 hours. I’m not impressed.

Rochala 27 May, 2015 @ 4:45 pm   17

MGSV for a PS plus game sucks. People will be happy telling that we are not getting an indie title again, but still this one doesnt last for long, its more of a glorified demo and nothing more.

MarSSSteR 27 May, 2015 @ 4:45 pm   18

18+ is for the players: violence, jeah NOT! OR stone-age indie games for another audience: also not for me. Kirby owns!

johnnycide 27 May, 2015 @ 5:36 pm

I understand that English may not be your first language, but could you clarify your comment a little? My understanding is that you’re keen on more child oriented games to be placed on the service. Is that correct?

MarSSSteR 27 May, 2015 @ 6:03 pm

yes, child FRIENDLY 😉

dark_angel69 27 May, 2015 @ 4:46 pm   19

Never really liked Metal Gear Solid but will try this one out. I’ve played and loved Call of Juarez: Bound by Blood and The Cartel but never played Gunslinger. Will try that out too but after Batman of course. Witcher 3 is taking up all my time and I haven’t got far yet. lol. Might try out the two Vita games someday but I doubt they will get some serious gaming done unless I get the time.

counterUAVbaby 27 May, 2015 @ 4:46 pm   20

That’s not a good way to celebrate your PS Plus Anniversary at all, Sony. There is no hope that we will get the old good time back! Only Xbox Live Games With Gold know how to improve, so I can’t wait to see the June announcement for them! 🙂

Ich_Baboulen 28 May, 2015 @ 6:54 pm

Massive Chalice, Pool Nation FX, Just Cause 2 and Thief 😛

counterUAVbaby 29 May, 2015 @ 9:48 am

@Ich_Baboulen Much better from the cartooney stuff and a map! 🙂

What? Two games we’ve already had, a game they’ve kept on the service for 3 months now and a Steam Early Access game is better? While I agree indie’s all the time isn’t amazing, we do get a range of games here and there. But Gold certainly isn’t doing better. They’ve had some good months, but Plus has had better in it’s lifetime. Remember Gold only recently started giving games. In terms of overall value for the service over the lifetimes of the services, Plus outstrips Gold by far.

Could Plus be doing better atm? Sure. But Gold still has a long way to go before it matches up.

counterUAVbaby 30 May, 2015 @ 11:38 am

@Ruliya Yes, but!!!! they are forever, not like Plus that you are renting! And yes anything is better than MGS. Gold is fine at its current state.

Golwar 27 May, 2015 @ 4:47 pm   21

Metal Gear Solid: Ground Zeroes (PS4) – Overpriced short game, meh
Skulls of the Shogun: Bone-A-Fide Edition (PS4) – Nice indie strategy. Got it on PC, but there are far better in the genre.
Call of Juarez: Gunslinger (PS3) – Good game, considering that it is just a budget title from Ubisoft
Cloudberry Kingdom (PS3) – Oh hey, a platformer. Long time no see. About a month. And the month before. And the month before that month.
Futuridium (PS4 & PS Vita) – Oh whow. A colored Race to the Sun and you can even shoot!
Super Exploding Zoo (PS4 & PS Vita) – A puzzle game! Long time no see … see Cloudberry Kingdom for further comment.

Overall rating: Bulls…

My advise, stop wasting your and our time Sony.
You killed the IGC, by now it would be better to cancel the whole program, than to keep insulting all subscribers.

Golwar 27 May, 2015 @ 5:02 pm

And to mention the ratings too:

Metal Gear Solid: Ground Zeroes: 75%
    Skulls of the Shogun: Bone-A-Fide Edition – none yet, PC version got 72%
    Call of Juarez: Gunslinger: 75%
    Cloudberry Kingdom: 75%
    Futuridium EP Deluxe: 65%
    Super Exploding Zoo: None yet, but considering their ratings from Hohokum it’ll probably be 6x% too.

That’s an average rating of __71,16%__, scratching their old minimum quality rules.
    Not to mention that there is also no variety and AAA is gone completely. Amazing stuff, in any hindsight.

Archacus 27 May, 2015 @ 5:05 pm

I don’t plan to argue with you on worth of PS+ lineup (the fact that there is no + in the corner of my avatar says everything).

B U T

Call of Juarez: Gunslinger is NOT budget title made by Ubisoft.

Game was made by Techland and only released in several countries by Ubisoft.

Techland means guys known from making Dead Island, Dying Light, Call of Juarez (series).

Gunslinger is not bad… much better than The Cartel.

Golwar 27 May, 2015 @ 5:24 pm

I will follow you in December and I doubt that I will ever resubscribe. Their ‘active’ communication for so many many months is as much telling as the deep fall that the IGC has experienced. Plus is dead.

jarekmasta 27 May, 2015 @ 6:30 pm

@Archacus Oh please, can you stop crying about PS+? It’s 50$ a year which means 4$ a month. No matter how crappy the games were you’ll never get 6 per months for that price.The fact that you have no + by your avatar is that you are a cheap scrub. I recently upgraded my internet and got a 2 year PS+ subscription as a bonus. I may not play all of the games that come out but every now and then there is something I wanted to play. Also there’s the cloud storage for saves which is a convenient thing. The time you take to cry on this forums every time you could spend on grabbing some extra job and paying those 4$ a month and then actually your complaints we be valid.

jarekmasta 27 May, 2015 @ 6:33 pm

is because*
    would be valid*

Golwar 27 May, 2015 @ 6:57 pm

@jarekmasta
    Wait, you got 2 years of Plus for free, but you call HIM a ‘cheap scrub’? Ahem, sure.

And of course you can get so many game for such a price elsewhere too. Ever heard of Humble Bundle? You can’t even argue that they offer only PC games anymore, with their recent Nintendo bundle.
    And they have the benefit of leaving you the choice if you want their given selection, or how much of it.

Oh, did I mention mention that they offered far more AAA this year than Plus?

Archacus 27 May, 2015 @ 9:34 pm

@jarekmasta
    What’s wrong mate?

Would I stop doing what exactly? Why did you mention me? I’m not really crying over anything. I only replied because @Golwar was mistaken about Call of Juarez.

Re-read my post because it seems that you are deeply mistaken about something.

I think you should spend five years of your life making a video game, give it away for (almost) free, and then be locked in a room and forced to listen to angry people from the internet tell you how much they hate it, and — by extension — how much they hate *you*.

@ryebot
    I haven’t seen any hate here. Neither related to any game and surely not to any developer.

But if you can’t differ between criticism of Sony for only delivering the very same indie genres month after month, ignoring all their promises of variety, or the the constant drop in quality or the increased lack of games with a bigger budget, than that’s really up to you. It’s really not my problem.

But if you want I can rant about how stupid and bad some of the recent games were.
    Murasaki Baby? The terrible touchscreen control in some scenes, was the absolutely only challenge the game had to offer.
    Hohokum? I stopped playing pretty soon. Can’t even tell you when, as this weird game had no real level or tasks. I just quit.
    Race the Sun was actually fun for some few hours. But as this is about ‘hate’ … buuh!

Seishoujyo 28 May, 2015 @ 2:56 am

Couldn’t agree more Golwar. The PS+ is just not interesting, maybe it will be interesting for newcomers in 2017 or 2018 but for us it’s just lame. I won’t support this BS anymore.

And I don’t understand why some games have 67 on metacritic, Sony said the PS+ games have to have at least 70 lol.

Seishoujyo 28 May, 2015 @ 3:07 am

Jarek you make me laugh dude, so because it’s only 5 Euro so it’s ok to throw away 5 Euro into garbage ? Sorry dude but with 5 Euro I can eat for 2 days, I m not joking with this stuff, it’s a service and they ask money for it, so it should provide you something good at least.

But no, the games suck, the servers suck and the PS+ service on PS4 is weaker than before (you have no Dynamic Themes, no avatars, no free trials etc like on PS3), basically you pay more for less content and for less quality.

At least they should give you this stuff or even add a free film every month or give you some free credits to use PS Now every month, I don’t know make it valuable dammit. Because right now it’s a big pile of garbage.

You re happy with this ? Geeez. Things won’t change with people like you.

X_Blood_Curse_X 27 May, 2015 @ 4:47 pm   22

MGS is an hour long demo and has been on sale for like £5 about 3 times. Pretty lame plus line-up all round

BLAGGER 27 May, 2015 @ 7:09 pm

generic comment with regards to Ground Zeroes, generic anime avatar, generic internet moron….

X_Blood_Curse_X 27 May, 2015 @ 7:51 pm

Cheers Blagster

Feel free to add me as a friend

Stonesthrow 28 May, 2015 @ 3:58 pm

And that, is how you starve a troll!

loonytoon1982 27 May, 2015 @ 4:49 pm   23

I don’t normally have an issue with the updates but this one is so poor that I can’t see me downloading any of the titles on offer. Don’t get me wrong, MGS is a fine title and all that but if anyone was interested in playing it, they will have done so by now. The rest of what’s on offer doesn’t justify the cost. This will be one of those months to rue having to pay to use PS4 online gaming.

paveman 28 May, 2015 @ 7:44 am

Besides: as X_Blood_Curse_X points out MGS: GZ has been on sale for just a few €, which means that anyone even remotely interested will have bought it by now.

It’s funny how I usually get exited with the announcement of Plus games getting closer and how I am disappointed every time for months in a row now. God, I must be pretty stupid…!

It’s okay though, although I am disappointed in the selection of games for Plus: my backlog is big enough as it is…!

Stonesthrow 28 May, 2015 @ 4:15 pm

This pretty much. Sadly most of my PLUS months are in rue as I’m more into AAA. They should really consider making the online free again so that the relatively mediocre PLUS selections don’t negatively effect the mandatory online costs and the other way around. It’s sad that us subscribers who are only in it for the online get the same treatment as those who actually want to subscribe for the free games as before. Make the online free again or atleast split it from PLUS to make it fair again for people that aren’t interested in PLUS.

Rohit45_G 27 May, 2015 @ 4:49 pm   24

Why the hell does the PS3 get garbage games every month nowadays?

DarkArchoNx66 27 May, 2015 @ 5:08 pm

There are better games to give. Correction to provide to those paying a sub for..But I am guessing budget cuts..Unacceptable really considering the revenue Sony generates from plus alone..It’s a shame how the service used to be before Ps4 and how it currently is. Take a look at the line up on the store and compare it with the old times when we used to get the yearly games. But you gotta wonder about what they’re trying to accomplish here. As a Ps3 only used, I haven’t renewed my sub ever since it expired, and I presume I am not the only one disappointed with how things are. You would expect to either keep providing good games for Ps3 which has a much bigger library than Ps4, or start giving good games on Ps4 to lure people into upgrading. Or the simply don’t care about their PAYING customers other than giving them money. Still, a small piece of the pie since there are people out there who are mad enough to pay 80 euros/70 pounds to buy a digital game on release and support those multi national companies in every way. And things can only get worse in the foreseeable future.

Antaios 28 May, 2015 @ 7:19 am

Call of Juarez: Gunslinger is anything but garbage.

mrobinson91 28 May, 2015 @ 8:22 am

The last 2 months haven’t been great but this year there have been some good titles.

April – Dishonored
    March – Sherlock Holmes
    February – Thief
    January – Prototype 2

Stonesthrow 28 May, 2015 @ 4:21 pm

Exactly, now that they’ve got a whole other audience (those who want to play online) and getting more revenue than before, they’ve started resting their loins and PLUS actually got worse instead of better. It’s like, opposite day.. I have been a major hardcore Sony lover since the first Playstation and have not been liking their new policies and tactics. They used to be expensive but atleast they were fair.

cognac-vsop 27 May, 2015 @ 4:50 pm   25

lookin forward to MGS GZ and Call of Juarez: Gunslinger.. but it being e3 month I was expecting a lot more.. but still way better than last month..

AKbizzy 27 May, 2015 @ 4:52 pm   26

In may u call it’s garbage , now u happy with MGS -GZ ( code name DEMO ) and it’s just for 6.99€ in april sales lol

DarkArchoNx66 27 May, 2015 @ 4:52 pm   27

Since I used to subscribe up until 2 months (going on the 3d) only for ps3, I think I am gonna skip this month as well. I am not gonna say anything about the glorified demo/dlc that is MGGZ..Bad month, enjoy xD.

supersmith2500 27 May, 2015 @ 4:52 pm   28

Not a bad line-up but not one of the best. A MGS game that can be beaten less than an hour with only few missions? It’s fun but I traded it in within days later because it’s too short and only has one map. That’s it.

The PSVita games are good but I may give them a try.

For PS3, I don’t know. Gunslingers caught my eye. Techland did improve themselves with Dying Light. With it using Chrome Engine, I hope it’s not a graphical mess like in Dead Island.

Good line-up.

cthulhu85 27 May, 2015 @ 4:52 pm   29

It’s not related to the IGC, but it’s related to Plus. Is there any chance that we can get some more GBs on the PS4 storage space?? It’s waaaaaaaaay too small considering how large most PS4 saves are.

cthulhu85 27 May, 2015 @ 4:53 pm

Meaning the cloud of course, if that wasn’t clear.

cognac-vsop 27 May, 2015 @ 4:54 pm

exactly! 500gb is crazy. surprised they have not done a 1tb one yet.

cthulhu85 27 May, 2015 @ 4:54 pm

*PS4 cloud storage space

Bovrillor 27 May, 2015 @ 5:25 pm

Yeah the cloud storage space is waaaaaaaaaaay too small. Some games use up the entirety of it alone, and unlike the Vita you can’t choose which games are auto-backup-ed. Massive fail.

Also frustrating is the fact that PS3 cloud auto-upload no longer works. It tells you the files have been uploaded, you can see them in the file browser, but if you try to download them… they vanish, like they were never there. I’ve recently lost countless saves to this.

CyraxPT 27 May, 2015 @ 6:03 pm

The problem is when devs go all wild, if i remember correctly the saves for Apotheon is around 300mb. Is there a way to block some games from uploading the saves? I’m stopped playing Apotheon because i was getting tired of seeing notifications about other games not able to upload their saves…

CyraxPT 27 May, 2015 @ 6:11 pm

* I and not I’m, i wish i could edit posts! 😐

Rhinne 27 May, 2015 @ 8:33 pm

You think Apotheon is bad? You should see Little Big Planet 3 – that keeps taking up just under 600mb of my 1GB of space.

I just manually upload saves. You can choose to do so. I am not sure tho, but i think you can select wich games can upload.

cthulhu85 28 May, 2015 @ 5:11 am

I kinda get this “Déjà vu” feeling from when cloud storage was introduced to PS3, and there was so little space on it that you couldn’t really store much. The whole point kinda goes away if you have to delete half of the saves in the cloud. I’ve ended up just copying all saves to a external harddrive, but since that’s not automatically it’s kinda tedious…

@Rhinne: Yeah, LBP3 save file is insanely large. I hate that.

lol

cognac-vsop 27 May, 2015 @ 4:53 pm   31

wish we could get a racing game for PS4.. you still owe us Driveclub. NFS Rivals would be nice.

I just bought it for 19.95 used (driveclub) cba to wait for a “slightly less then full game” version.

link1983 27 May, 2015 @ 4:54 pm   32

Already have Metal Gear Solid, but loving the fact Cloudberry Kingdom is coming. Futuridium was awesome (Bought it ages ago) I got burned badly by The Cartel, so I don’t think I want to give my HDD space to this Call of Juarez. 🙁

Give Gunslinger a try mate. It’s an awesome game. Miles ahead of The Cartel.

psychobudgie 27 May, 2015 @ 4:54 pm   33

Wow. Just wow. I honestly cannot see PS+ hitting a lower point than offering up a Konami pay to play demo as a ‘free’. Wow.

Jeff-Andrew-NL 27 May, 2015 @ 5:04 pm   34

Meh.. A demo and indies. No platinum trophies either. Most of them are too time consuming for 16 lousy trophies…

CossieLover1369 27 May, 2015 @ 5:07 pm   35

I wasn’t going to pay for the Metal Gear demo. Now its free I’ll give it a go. Pretty poor show for the rest imo.

PS+ needs more PS4 cloud storage badly.

G-IH-O-S-T 27 May, 2015 @ 5:08 pm   37

Appreciate having GZ even though it wasn’t particularly in my interest.. it’s a solid game and can be fun for a long time.

Anyway, as much as I hate doing this, I’m not sure who to ask so I’m asking here too.. can there be anything done about the PS+ subscription prices? as it is now we pay $65 for 12 months and we get no sale for it at any point.
US people pay $45 as regular price for 12 months.. that’s a pretty huge difference..
to top it off they can very easily find it as low as $28 more than three times every year.
We all get the same service with the same offers, but EU pay $20 extra on their regular price (about 45% increase)… and over twice their sale price… it’s completely unfair and it’s starting to get to me after all this time :\

Can we at least get an answer as to why it’s this way? I’d probably be content with anything reasonable besides the ol’ “it’s mandatory with ps4 so there’s no need to reduce it”.

Stonesthrow 28 May, 2015 @ 3:04 pm

Yea do more sales on PS PLUS subs, bad enough it’s mandatory for online.

Dibs_96 27 May, 2015 @ 5:10 pm   38

Did you rike it?

DieFliedermouse 27 May, 2015 @ 5:16 pm   39

I regret buying Ground Zeroes on day one. It could have easily waited until now. Bum.

The other games might be decent but there’s not much to tempt me away from Witcher 3 this month.

DieFliedermouse 27 May, 2015 @ 5:17 pm   40

I regret buying MGS on day one. It could have easily have waited until now. Humph.

The other games might be decent but there’s nothing to tempt me away from Witcher 3 this month.

HughtheHand 27 May, 2015 @ 5:18 pm   41

Could you please mention if any of the vita games are Playstation TV compatible in future updates please?

Issune91 27 May, 2015 @ 5:20 pm   42

If ground zeroes was crossbuy this month would’ve been good. Dissapointed yet agajn. Thank god I went with the 3 month subscription.

ummagummachild 27 May, 2015 @ 5:23 pm   43

So the sub standard line up for vita continue.. Its my longest stretch without plus membership n i m glad to b without it.

Bry-Wiffy 27 May, 2015 @ 5:27 pm   44

I remember last august when Sony said PS+ was such great value that it refused EA Access. Almost one year later on I don’t believe that statement to be true. There has not been one EA Access game that has been made available on PS+ (except PvZ).

If Sony is really ‘for the players’ they should give us THE OPTION of EA Access. Fans who aren’t happy here are most likely the kind who would pay the extra fee to get proper PS4 games, as Sony dont seem willing to do for their own platform.

unbiased 27 May, 2015 @ 5:37 pm   45

And in america extra discounts on certain games for PS plus members but in Europe…[DELETED] all

tr3_4_ 27 May, 2015 @ 5:37 pm   46

gunslinger is the highlight i really enjoyed that game the rest are poor. i hate the new fad for procedural generated levels, its an excuse for lack of design. nearly every month we get one.

Walshieblue 27 May, 2015 @ 5:56 pm   48

First us PS3 only subscribers get 12-18 month old AAA titles and we loved it. Then we get old AAA titles. OK. Now last couple of months we’re getting PSN titles. Sigh.

counterUAVbaby 27 May, 2015 @ 8:20 pm

Not actually last couple of months, it is kinda a year!

RetroDaddySlim 27 May, 2015 @ 8:47 pm

And now not even 3 games, but only 2, and 2 old at that.
    Bought both games million years ago.
    Wonder why I pay for plus. Its not like we get any content for ps3 in the first place.

I hear today Mortal Kombat X is delayed again for PS3, untill late fall.
    Sony is so greedy they couldnt even make the deal so PS3 can get atleast 3 AAA games for entire year.
    Noone is expecting to take all attention from PS4, but to cut off PS3 completely?
    Im not getting PS4 no matter what, especially after Uncharted 4 and R&C not coming before spring 2016.

one_true_boaby 28 May, 2015 @ 2:27 am

Retro dad: it’s a strange way to behave. There is such a massive and brilliant back catalogue of PS3 games they’d have to be dummies to abandon PS3. I still buy PS3 games and play it more than my PS4. Sometimes it seems like they react to the Master Race more than they do their own users.

Bacon_Crispies 27 May, 2015 @ 5:59 pm   49

Shame about the timing as I rented and completed Ground Zeroes just last week, it was a good game, looking forward to Gunslinger as well.
Not the best month but after the indie fest last month it’s an improvement.

Khaliel 27 May, 2015 @ 6:01 pm   50

I remember some months ago, when Sony was offering REAL games.

Load all