Metal Gear Solid: Ground Zeroes leads June’s PlayStation Plus line-up

Skulls of the Shogun, Call of Juarez: Gunslinger and Super Exploding Zoo also inbound

Yes, it’s that time of the month again. A fresh batch of new PlayStation Plus games are coming your way in just seven days from now, so if you haven’t already done so make sure you pick up all of May’s goodies before they disappear!

Let’s crack on with the great games coming your way this June……

Metal Gear Solid: Ground Zeroes (PS4)

First up this month, we’re excited to offer Hideo Kojima’s brilliant Metal Gear Solid: Ground Zeroes. Imagine classic Metal Gear gameplay but with no restrictions or boundaries, where you can use intelligence and cerebral strategy to sneak your way through entire missions, or go in all guns blazing.

With Metal Gear Solid 5: The Phantom Pain on the horizon, there’s no better time to jump in and get reacquainted with Snake.

Skulls of the Shogun: Bone-A-Fide Edition (PS4)

Next up, a mash-up of turn-based strategy and fighting-game flare, scientifically engineered for lightning-quick rounds, thoughtful strategic play, and an out-there tongue-in-cheek sense of humour.

You play General Akamoto, Japan’s greatest shogun, who’s been stabbed in the back on the eve of his greatest battle – and transported, to the Samurai Afterlife. But an impostor has taken your place, and it’s up to you to shatter his plans and regain your honour!

Call of Juarez: Gunslinger (PS3)

Experience the epic, violent journey of a ruthless bounty hunter on the trail of the West’s most notorious outlaws. Blurring the lines between man and myth, this adventure made of memorable encounters unveils the untold truth behind some of the greatest legends of the Old West.

Call of Juarez

Super Exploding Zoo (PS4 and PS Vita)

From the team who brough you Hohokum, Super Exploding Zoo is a lunatic blend of part arcade action, fiendish puzzles and sly strategy. Round up herds of exploding animals and rampage through 80 destructible levels, seeing off hordes of greedy alien marauders by blowing them up!

Cloudberry Kingdom (PS3)

Next up, enter fiendish platformer Cloudberry Kingdom, the land where good heroes go to die, and Bob is the best of them all. Bob sits on the precipice of retirement, recliner ready, but first he must get back what he lost years ago. Jump and dodge your way through billions of levels on a last ditch mission to conquer infinity. The quest was never over. The princess was never saved. A challenge is waiting, are you ready?

Futuridium EP Deluxe (PS4 and PS Vita)

Finally this month it’s an old school shoot ’em up with a modern twist. Futuridium EP Deluxe offers fast-paced, non-stop, hard-as-nails action, wrapped in a stylish retro vector aesthetic. This one is not to be missed!

In summary

Leaving PS Plus:

Entering PS Plus:

Don’t miss out! Make sure add any of the games scheduled to leave the service to your download list now to ensure you get to play them!

Not a PlayStation Plus member? Then join today from just £5.49/€6.99 per month. To find out more visit our PlayStation Plus site.

Remember, if you’ve not got access to your PS4, PS3 or PS Vita then you can also buy through our online store.

235 Comments
0 Author replies

It’ll be nice to have GZ on the hard drive.

counterUAVbaby 27 May, 2015 @ 16:33

PS3 games suck again! Fail!

killah_fury 27 May, 2015 @ 16:35
2.1

Buy a PS4 then :-)

counterUAVbaby 27 May, 2015 @ 16:37
2.2

@killah_fury No no way! For 1 hour at least game?! Hell no!

2.3

You guys had great PS3 games nearly every months on PS+ free compared to PS4,just recently one month and this is bad, who cares it’s only few months.

Show more replies

I’ve been waiting for Futuridium, thanks.

zalwelgoedgaan 27 May, 2015 @ 16:37

Do you like or dislike this line-up? Please choose one vote.

zalwelgoedgaan 27 May, 2015 @ 16:38
4.1

I like it.

zalwelgoedgaan 27 May, 2015 @ 16:38
4.2

I don’t like it.

4.3

MGS: ground zeroes is great, but not enough to make this a good line-up for me…

Show more replies

Damn, Futuridium was only on sale a couple weeks ago, so I bought it then :(
Only Ground Zeroes and Super Exploding Zoo for me this month I think!

Ps4 lineup is good, how does Juarez compare to Red Dead?
I’m not too sure about the rest, not impressed but won’t write them off till I try them.

counterUAVbaby 27 May, 2015 @ 16:43
6.1

No way at all. They can’t compare each other.

6.2

Depends on your feelings on First Person vs Third.

Red Dead is unquestionably the deeper game, with a colossal story and fairly slow pacing.

Gunslinger is more like Bulletstorm, you rage through classic western scenarios with a comedy slant and an emphasis on skill-kills and unlocking special moves (a bit like the current-gen Wolfensteins). There’s minimal gameplay interruption, which for those of us with jobs and too many games, makes it a blast. The score challenge modes are a welcome bonus.

Meanwhile, in Red Dead, I feel like I’ve been playing forever but I’m still walking dogs and picking up horse poo.

6.3

Chalk and cheese, but wonderful chalk and exquisite cheese.

Better, much better.

There was me expecting a big month having heard all the rumours floating around with regards to E3, oh well, maybe next month. Don’t get me started on those PS3 games though, what a joke when compared to what there once was. :(

counterUAVbaby 27 May, 2015 @ 16:44
8.1

I feel you mate!

MonoAudioStereo 27 May, 2015 @ 16:41

Line up for PS Vita honestly suck. Stupid me counted on games like SS Delta or Sword Art Online.

9.1

We don’t all want Jap RPGS and Fighting games.

I’m glad to see a Tower Defence game come to Vita – it’s the perfect platform for them but we see so few!

9.2

There are comparitively few people who enjoy JRPGs. Many find them gaudy, shrill, melodramatic, and a chore to play.

9.3

“Tower Defence”? Are you nuts?

WayfaringWalrus 27 May, 2015 @ 16:42

Urgh.

This time last year we got Muramasa and Dragon’s Crown. PS+ has sucked since then. PS+ really has went downhill since the PS4 was released

X_Blood_Curse_X 27 May, 2015 @ 16:45
11.1

I agree. Blatantly a smart business move to butter people up for a couple of years with great games, then drop a mandatory fee for online play and give us a load of garbage

theStoneSkull 31 May, 2015 @ 16:44
11.2

We are going to see a big improvement soon..
Look at Sony’s Playstation strategy on the slides here: http://www.playstationlifestyle.net/2015/05/28/sony-clears-ps-vita-legacy-platform-comment-assures-portable-business-will-continue

By the time they put out one good month where the PS Vita finally gets some love I am already playing Pokemon Red on my Vita (FW 3.36). Because some people actually care about the system.

Dr-AgonFist 27 May, 2015 @ 22:34
12.1

Nintendo cares for the Vita, how?

12.2

I never mentioned Nintendo, did I?

It is merely a statement that while Sony sees the Vita as a dead system not every ‘developer’ does.
And by the time they realize that, if they are going to at all, most gamers have their own way of playing the games they want on their Vita.
I do not support this kind of playing in any way, but it has to be a wake up call for Sony.

Indies… all I see are indies…

13.1

Then you must be blind.

13.2

@TheShoes
Oh, you are right. Indies + a budget title from Ubisoft + a MGS demo. So much better!

13.3

For £2.90/month it’s fantastic value, but all you entitled gamers do is b*tch and moan about it all the time and it does my head in. Don’t like it don’t subscribe, simple as that.

Show more replies
RyanSufc1997 27 May, 2015 @ 16:44

Just want to say, I 100%ted Unfinished Swan and Never Alone. Two exceptional games, and Ether One is one fantastic (yet buggy) game too, so I am very happy with last months line up.

This month is good too, but IMO last month was worth the year alone, so thank you!

Chris Howe, for the next months PS+ you should really consider this, Sleeping Dogs Definitive Edition for next month. And Knack for the month after.

Since these are old it will be cheap for you to provide for PS+ AND will keep alot of people happy with these AAA games :)

supersmith2500 27 May, 2015 @ 16:54
15.1

Good point, we had Gaucamelee and Dead Nation twice.

15.2

Don’t think so. Sleeping Dogs has already been in plus.

Metal Gear and Call of Juarez are absolutely awesome. The rest i don’t know. But im so happy about CoJ :D

16.1

Did you even play MGSV? It is a sneak peak, not a game.
The P.T. demo from Konami was more of a game than that.

16.2

“The P.T. demo from Konami was more of a game than that.”

That’s not even remotely true. We can agree that GZ is not the biggest game and was priced to high, but calling it a demo is stretching it a bit to much.

16.3

GZ is only a Demo in the same way that episode 1 of Doom was a ‘demo’ back in the day. There’s hours of gameplay and additional content in there if you bother to invest yourself in it.

Not to mention a slice of the Story Pie that ties Peace Walker to Phantom Pain.

You could see everything PT had to offer inside an hour. I’ve seen Twitchers with 50+ hours logged on GZ striving for 100%

My only gripe with it, is that the ‘pause’ button doesn’t pause the game. Bad UI design 101!

Show more replies

MGSV for a PS plus game sucks. People will be happy telling that we are not getting an indie title again, but still this one doesnt last for long, its more of a glorified demo and nothing more.

Stonesthrow 28 May, 2015 @ 15:55
17.1

This.

18+ is for the players: violence, jeah NOT! OR stone-age indie games for another audience: also not for me. Kirby owns!

18.1

I understand that English may not be your first language, but could you clarify your comment a little? My understanding is that you’re keen on more child oriented games to be placed on the service. Is that correct?

18.2

yes, child FRIENDLY ;)

dark_angel69 27 May, 2015 @ 16:46

Never really liked Metal Gear Solid but will try this one out. I’ve played and loved Call of Juarez: Bound by Blood and The Cartel but never played Gunslinger. Will try that out too but after Batman of course. Witcher 3 is taking up all my time and I haven’t got far yet. lol. Might try out the two Vita games someday but I doubt they will get some serious gaming done unless I get the time.

counterUAVbaby 27 May, 2015 @ 16:46

That’s not a good way to celebrate your PS Plus Anniversary at all, Sony. There is no hope that we will get the old good time back! Only Xbox Live Games With Gold know how to improve, so I can’t wait to see the June announcement for them! :)

Ich_Baboulen 28 May, 2015 @ 18:54
20.1

Massive Chalice, Pool Nation FX, Just Cause 2 and Thief :P

counterUAVbaby 29 May, 2015 @ 09:48
20.2

@Ich_Baboulen Much better from the cartooney stuff and a map! :)

20.3

What? Two games we’ve already had, a game they’ve kept on the service for 3 months now and a Steam Early Access game is better? While I agree indie’s all the time isn’t amazing, we do get a range of games here and there. But Gold certainly isn’t doing better. They’ve had some good months, but Plus has had better in it’s lifetime. Remember Gold only recently started giving games. In terms of overall value for the service over the lifetimes of the services, Plus outstrips Gold by far.

Could Plus be doing better atm? Sure. But Gold still has a long way to go before it matches up.

Show more replies

Metal Gear Solid: Ground Zeroes (PS4) – Overpriced short game, meh
Skulls of the Shogun: Bone-A-Fide Edition (PS4) – Nice indie strategy. Got it on PC, but there are far better in the genre.
Call of Juarez: Gunslinger (PS3) – Good game, considering that it is just a budget title from Ubisoft
Cloudberry Kingdom (PS3) – Oh hey, a platformer. Long time no see. About a month. And the month before. And the month before that month.
Futuridium (PS4 & PS Vita) – Oh whow. A colored Race to the Sun and you can even shoot!
Super Exploding Zoo (PS4 & PS Vita) – A puzzle game! Long time no see … see Cloudberry Kingdom for further comment.

Overall rating: Bulls…

My advise, stop wasting your and our time Sony.
You killed the IGC, by now it would be better to cancel the whole program, than to keep insulting all subscribers.

21.1

And to mention the ratings too:

Metal Gear Solid: Ground Zeroes: 75%
Skulls of the Shogun: Bone-A-Fide Edition – none yet, PC version got 72%
Call of Juarez: Gunslinger: 75%
Cloudberry Kingdom: 75%
Futuridium EP Deluxe: 65%
Super Exploding Zoo: None yet, but considering their ratings from Hohokum it’ll probably be 6x% too.

That’s an average rating of __71,16%__, scratching their old minimum quality rules.
Not to mention that there is also no variety and AAA is gone completely. Amazing stuff, in any hindsight.

21.2

I don’t plan to argue with you on worth of PS+ lineup (the fact that there is no + in the corner of my avatar says everything).

B U T

Call of Juarez: Gunslinger is NOT budget title made by Ubisoft.

Game was made by Techland and only released in several countries by Ubisoft.

Techland means guys known from making Dead Island, Dying Light, Call of Juarez (series).

Gunslinger is not bad… much better than The Cartel.

21.3

I will follow you in December and I doubt that I will ever resubscribe. Their ‘active’ communication for so many many months is as much telling as the deep fall that the IGC has experienced. Plus is dead.

Show more replies
X_Blood_Curse_X 27 May, 2015 @ 16:47

MGS is an hour long demo and has been on sale for like £5 about 3 times. Pretty lame plus line-up all round

22.1

generic comment with regards to Ground Zeroes, generic anime avatar, generic internet moron….

X_Blood_Curse_X 27 May, 2015 @ 19:51
22.2

Cheers Blagster

Feel free to add me as a friend

Stonesthrow 28 May, 2015 @ 15:58
22.3

And that, is how you starve a troll!

loonytoon1982 27 May, 2015 @ 16:49

I don’t normally have an issue with the updates but this one is so poor that I can’t see me downloading any of the titles on offer. Don’t get me wrong, MGS is a fine title and all that but if anyone was interested in playing it, they will have done so by now. The rest of what’s on offer doesn’t justify the cost. This will be one of those months to rue having to pay to use PS4 online gaming.

23.1

Besides: as X_Blood_Curse_X points out MGS: GZ has been on sale for just a few €, which means that anyone even remotely interested will have bought it by now.

It’s funny how I usually get exited with the announcement of Plus games getting closer and how I am disappointed every time for months in a row now. God, I must be pretty stupid…!

It’s okay though, although I am disappointed in the selection of games for Plus: my backlog is big enough as it is…!

Stonesthrow 28 May, 2015 @ 16:15
23.2

This pretty much. Sadly most of my PLUS months are in rue as I’m more into AAA. They should really consider making the online free again so that the relatively mediocre PLUS selections don’t negatively effect the mandatory online costs and the other way around. It’s sad that us subscribers who are only in it for the online get the same treatment as those who actually want to subscribe for the free games as before. Make the online free again or atleast split it from PLUS to make it fair again for people that aren’t interested in PLUS.

Why the hell does the PS3 get garbage games every month nowadays?

DarkArchoNx66 27 May, 2015 @ 17:08
24.1

Show full comment

There are better games to give. Correction to provide to those paying a sub for..But I am guessing budget cuts..Unacceptable really considering the revenue Sony generates from plus alone..It’s a shame how the service used to be before Ps4 and how it currently is. Take a look at the line up on the store and compare it with the old times when we used to get the yearly games. But you gotta wonder about what they’re trying to accomplish here. As a Ps3 only used, I haven’t renewed my sub ever since it expired, and I presume I am not the only one disappointed with how things are. You would expect to either keep providing good games for Ps3 which has a much bigger library than Ps4, or start giving good games on Ps4 to lure people into upgrading. Or the simply don’t care about their PAYING customers other than giving them money. Still, a small piece of the pie since there are people out there who are mad enough to pay 80 euros/70 pounds to buy a digital game on release and support those multi national companies in every way. And things can only get worse in the foreseeable future.

24.2

Call of Juarez: Gunslinger is anything but garbage.

mrobinson91 28 May, 2015 @ 08:22
24.3

The last 2 months haven’t been great but this year there have been some good titles.

April – Dishonored
March – Sherlock Holmes
February – Thief
January – Prototype 2

Show more replies
cognac-vsop 27 May, 2015 @ 16:50

lookin forward to MGS GZ and Call of Juarez: Gunslinger.. but it being e3 month I was expecting a lot more.. but still way better than last month..

In may u call it’s garbage , now u happy with MGS -GZ ( code name DEMO ) and it’s just for 6.99€ in april sales lol

DarkArchoNx66 27 May, 2015 @ 16:52

Since I used to subscribe up until 2 months (going on the 3d) only for ps3, I think I am gonna skip this month as well. I am not gonna say anything about the glorified demo/dlc that is MGGZ..Bad month, enjoy xD.

supersmith2500 27 May, 2015 @ 16:52

Not a bad line-up but not one of the best. A MGS game that can be beaten less than an hour with only few missions? It’s fun but I traded it in within days later because it’s too short and only has one map. That’s it.

The PSVita games are good but I may give them a try.

For PS3, I don’t know. Gunslingers caught my eye. Techland did improve themselves with Dying Light. With it using Chrome Engine, I hope it’s not a graphical mess like in Dead Island.

Good line-up.

It’s not related to the IGC, but it’s related to Plus. Is there any chance that we can get some more GBs on the PS4 storage space?? It’s waaaaaaaaay too small considering how large most PS4 saves are.

29.1

Meaning the cloud of course, if that wasn’t clear.

cognac-vsop 27 May, 2015 @ 16:54
29.2

exactly! 500gb is crazy. surprised they have not done a 1tb one yet.

29.3

*PS4 cloud storage space

Show more replies

lol

cognac-vsop 27 May, 2015 @ 16:53

wish we could get a racing game for PS4.. you still owe us Driveclub. NFS Rivals would be nice.

31.1

I just bought it for 19.95 used (driveclub) cba to wait for a “slightly less then full game” version.

Already have Metal Gear Solid, but loving the fact Cloudberry Kingdom is coming. Futuridium was awesome (Bought it ages ago) I got burned badly by The Cartel, so I don’t think I want to give my HDD space to this Call of Juarez. :(

32.1

Give Gunslinger a try mate. It’s an awesome game. Miles ahead of The Cartel.

psychobudgie 27 May, 2015 @ 16:54

Wow. Just wow. I honestly cannot see PS+ hitting a lower point than offering up a Konami pay to play demo as a ‘free’. Wow.

33.1

It’s pretty bad innit!??

Stonesthrow 28 May, 2015 @ 15:02
33.2

I read somewhere there would finally be a full game included, turns out to be this glorified demo -_-

theStoneSkull 31 May, 2015 @ 16:47
33.3

It’s only going to better!

Jeff-Andrew-NL 27 May, 2015 @ 17:04

Meh.. A demo and indies. No platinum trophies either. Most of them are too time consuming for 16 lousy trophies…

CossieLover1369 27 May, 2015 @ 17:07

I wasn’t going to pay for the Metal Gear demo. Now its free I’ll give it a go. Pretty poor show for the rest imo.

PS+ needs more PS4 cloud storage badly.

Appreciate having GZ even though it wasn’t particularly in my interest.. it’s a solid game and can be fun for a long time.

Anyway, as much as I hate doing this, I’m not sure who to ask so I’m asking here too.. can there be anything done about the PS+ subscription prices? as it is now we pay $65 for 12 months and we get no sale for it at any point.
US people pay $45 as regular price for 12 months.. that’s a pretty huge difference..
to top it off they can very easily find it as low as $28 more than three times every year.
We all get the same service with the same offers, but EU pay $20 extra on their regular price (about 45% increase)… and over twice their sale price… it’s completely unfair and it’s starting to get to me after all this time :\

Can we at least get an answer as to why it’s this way? I’d probably be content with anything reasonable besides the ol’ “it’s mandatory with ps4 so there’s no need to reduce it”.

Stonesthrow 28 May, 2015 @ 15:04
37.1

Yea do more sales on PS PLUS subs, bad enough it’s mandatory for online.

Did you rike it?

DieFliedermouse 27 May, 2015 @ 17:16

I regret buying Ground Zeroes on day one. It could have easily waited until now. Bum.

The other games might be decent but there’s not much to tempt me away from Witcher 3 this month.

DieFliedermouse 27 May, 2015 @ 17:17

I regret buying MGS on day one. It could have easily have waited until now. Humph.

The other games might be decent but there’s nothing to tempt me away from Witcher 3 this month.

HughtheHand 27 May, 2015 @ 17:18

Could you please mention if any of the vita games are Playstation TV compatible in future updates please?

If ground zeroes was crossbuy this month would’ve been good. Dissapointed yet agajn. Thank god I went with the 3 month subscription.

counterUAVbaby 27 May, 2015 @ 17:25
42.1

I would have been better, if you wouldn’t buy membership at all.

counterUAVbaby 27 May, 2015 @ 17:25
42.2

*It

ummagummachild 27 May, 2015 @ 17:23

So the sub standard line up for vita continue.. Its my longest stretch without plus membership n i m glad to b without it.

I remember last august when Sony said PS+ was such great value that it refused EA Access. Almost one year later on I don’t believe that statement to be true. There has not been one EA Access game that has been made available on PS+ (except PvZ).

If Sony is really ‘for the players’ they should give us THE OPTION of EA Access. Fans who aren’t happy here are most likely the kind who would pay the extra fee to get proper PS4 games, as Sony dont seem willing to do for their own platform.

And in america extra discounts on certain games for PS plus members but in Europe…[DELETED] all

gunslinger is the highlight i really enjoyed that game the rest are poor. i hate the new fad for procedural generated levels, its an excuse for lack of design. nearly every month we get one.

47.1

No no no no that game is awful make it go away.

Walshieblue 27 May, 2015 @ 17:56

First us PS3 only subscribers get 12-18 month old AAA titles and we loved it. Then we get old AAA titles. OK. Now last couple of months we’re getting PSN titles. Sigh.

counterUAVbaby 27 May, 2015 @ 20:20
48.1

Not actually last couple of months, it is kinda a year!

RetroDaddySlim 27 May, 2015 @ 20:47
48.2

And now not even 3 games, but only 2, and 2 old at that.
Bought both games million years ago.
Wonder why I pay for plus. Its not like we get any content for ps3 in the first place.

I hear today Mortal Kombat X is delayed again for PS3, untill late fall.
Sony is so greedy they couldnt even make the deal so PS3 can get atleast 3 AAA games for entire year.
Noone is expecting to take all attention from PS4, but to cut off PS3 completely?
Im not getting PS4 no matter what, especially after Uncharted 4 and R&C not coming before spring 2016.

one_true_boaby 28 May, 2015 @ 02:27
48.3

Retro dad: it’s a strange way to behave. There is such a massive and brilliant back catalogue of PS3 games they’d have to be dummies to abandon PS3. I still buy PS3 games and play it more than my PS4. Sometimes it seems like they react to the Master Race more than they do their own users.

Bacon_Crispies 27 May, 2015 @ 17:59

Shame about the timing as I rented and completed Ground Zeroes just last week, it was a good game, looking forward to Gunslinger as well.
Not the best month but after the indie fest last month it’s an improvement.

I remember some months ago, when Sony was offering REAL games.

50.1

Now we getting demos I CAN’T WAIT :p

Load all

We close the comments for posts after 30 days.

Edit history