New on PlayStation Store: Ultra Street Fighter IV, Magicka 2, The Escapists, more

New digital discounts and Assassin’s Creed deals begin today

It’s time to get reacquainted with your plinks and option selects – Ultra Street Fighter IV lands on PS4 this week, featuring the definitive character roster and over 100 costumes. Dust off your pads and sticks and get stuck in.

Also available this week, co-op wizard action Magicka 2 casts its spell on PS4 and The Escapists tasks you with busting out of prison.

Finally, don’t forget to check out this week’s discounts that include Resogun and CounterSpy, lots of deals on Assassin’s Creed titles and additional savings on FIFA and PES 2015.

PlayStation StoreOut this week

£4.99/€5.99/AU$8.95
  • Torque Tour Pack
    £1.69/€1.99/AU$2.95
  • Dragon Age: Inquisition

• Jaws of Hakkon
    £11.99/€14.99/AU$23.95
  • Dying Light (out 28 May)

• The Bozak Horde
    £7.99/€9.99/AU$14.95
  • The Escapists (out 29 May)

• Alcatraz

• Hyde Night Hunter Skin
    £1.69/€1.99/AU$2.95
  • Parnell Night Hunter Skin
    £1.69/€1.99/AU$2.95
  • Behemoth Glacial Skin
    £2.49/€2.99/AU$4.55
  • Assault Night Hunter Skin Pack (out 29 May)
    £3.99/€4.99/AU$7.55
  • Farming Simulator 15 (out 28 May)

• ITRunner

£2.49/€2.99/AU$4.55
  • Steve Vai -For The Love Of God
    £2.49/€2.99/AU$4.55
  • Lovely Day – Bill Withers
    £2.49/€2.99/AU$4.55
  • Zen Pinball 2

• Portal Pinball (Unlock)
    £2.49/€2.99/AU$4.55

PS3 DLC

• Dragon Age: Inquisition

• Jaws of Hakkon
    £11.99/€14.99/AU$23.95
  • The Evil Within

• The Executioner
    £3.99/€4.99/AU$6.49
  • Zen Pinball 2

• Portal Pinball (Unlock)
    £2.49/€2.99/AU$4.55

PS Vita DLC

• Hyperdimension Neptunia U

• Bonus Quest
    £0.79/€0.99/AU$1.45
  • Difficult Quest
    £0.79/€0.99/AU$1.45
  • Zen Pinball 2

• Portal Pinball (Unlock)
    £2.49/€2.99/AU$4.55

Free for PlayStation Plus subscribers until 3rd June

159 Comments
5 Author replies

Hey Jawad

Well they say that the Third time is a charm,

So was still wondering if we will be getting the Arcade Archives coming to the EU at any point in the future?

Jawad Ashraf 27 May, 2015 @ 15:29
1.1

I do not know details of EU plans unfortunately, sorry.

supersmith2500 27 May, 2015 @ 15:15

Loving the new layout.

But Riptide has the wrong icon.

Jawad Ashraf 27 May, 2015 @ 15:29
2.1

Fixing that now.

Riptide isn’t in the store. It’s now the date you listed it as.

renaultmilton 27 May, 2015 @ 15:16

Ohh… Nice new look! I love it! :D

burntbreadman 27 May, 2015 @ 18:17
3.1

I’m kinda liking the new layout too.
I would like to see the game titles in the DLC section bold. So I can quickly scan to see if anything has been released for a game I’m interested it. It will make it seem clearer and less off a wall of text XD

Ideally (though going a step more complicated)
Drop down boxes on each dlc with a detailed description on what it is would be nice. Even if it’s a direct rip from the psn store description.

loving the new layout.

This post has been out 10 seconds and shadowdragon not out yet?

4.1

Hopefully he said to never ever post again, last week.

and still no towerfall dlc :(

Fred Dutton 27 May, 2015 @ 15:23
5.1

I’m chasing an update now.

Uppercut_83 27 May, 2015 @ 23:21
5.2

still chasing?

5.3

Yeah bring it on allready ! Wonder what can be the reason cause there will be not much text to translate in this game.

Show more replies

Interesting new look we have here, not too bad.

Fred Dutton 27 May, 2015 @ 15:23
6.1

Glad you like it. Full credit goes to the German PS Blog team :)

turbogeek421 27 May, 2015 @ 15:18

Love the new layout! Much easier to read.

infernalmonkey1 27 May, 2015 @ 15:18

Zen Pinball 2 Portal DLC is currently broken. Purchasing the table unlock only downloads the trial version, and not the actual unlock key.

8.1

Ah.. so it’s not just me, then.

Fred Dutton 27 May, 2015 @ 15:22
9.1

Darn, you beat me to it. Alas, I found out this morning that it has been delayed again. It’s now targeting next Wedensday, though given the history here, I don’t want to confirm that 100% at this stage. Apologies every one – I’ll keep on this until it hits the store.

AussieOutsider 27 May, 2015 @ 15:26
9.2

Ugh… so obviously we are never going to get the DLC here… thus confirming my fears that Rock Band 4 will probably have next to no support in the Euro/Aus zone.

Time to get a US PSN Account.

9.3

Thanks for the reply Fred. We really hope the songs are up next week.

As well as the missing Rock Band 3 DLC, there’s also some Rocksmith 2014 content that hasn’t made it onto the PS4 either. For a few weeks, the folks at SCEE looked like they were doing their best to make it all available, but it’s come to a grinding halt.

We really hope these delays won’t affect Rock Band 4 when it gets released on the PS4 later this year.

Show more replies

Whay about ps+ IGC in June?

10.1

*What

supersmith2500 27 May, 2015 @ 15:19

One question though,

What’s with SCEE deciding to release some games a day later. Kinda silly if you ask me.

11.1

or… or rather they are releasing it a week earlier rather than mandating it to release on the next Wednesday.

Trophy Unlocked – Beat Shadowdragon To Post (Bronze)
:-)

12.1

He’ll never bother to post here from now on.

Shadowdragoon 27 May, 2015 @ 15:34
12.2

you sure lance?

12.3

:O are you a wizard

Arghh when are they releasing any more Tales from the borderlands, I remeber when it was released and in the description it said very 4-6 weeks, its been nearly 7 months and still only 2 parts

13.1

While I’m loving that part 4 of GoT’s was out yesterday (according to the webstore, downloading it now) I reaaaaally wanna get my teeth into more Tales from the Borderlands!

13.2

yeah, and now they are stacking more and more projects, it took me about an hour (or there about) to finish the last episode and I waited months for it

AussieOutsider 27 May, 2015 @ 15:21

So… Rock Band 3 DLC? Where is it???

Last Week we were told – We were supposed to be getting it this week!!!

14.1

It’s a myth lol :P

14.2

See comment 9

PS_TrophyHunter 27 May, 2015 @ 15:21

Riptide wishes it was Final Fantasy X X-2 HD Remaster lol wrong picture :) Plus Game of Thrones episode 4 is already out I downloaded it yesterday. Can’t find the Dragon Age Inquisition DLC or Dying Lights. This store updates a mess hopefully it improves next week ;)

PS_TrophyHunter 27 May, 2015 @ 15:23
15.1

Like the new layout though

mihalekpihalek 27 May, 2015 @ 15:22

Wow new look! Nice one. I am glad that Octodad: Dadliest Catch made it to PS Vita. Love this game

Just_Joe_316 27 May, 2015 @ 15:22

And there was me actually thinking Megaman 8 was going to be the first PSone Megaman classic on the European store today, glad I brought it from the Japanese store.

Please could you release Megaman X3 as this game only came out originally on Europe and I would be very grateful.

Please could you add a PS1/PS2 section to the website instead of random “classic” games, is it right that I have to use Wikipedia to see what classics are on the store? I could only find Suikoden 2 by manually searching the title, surely hiding these games is costing sales.

Thanks

17.1

Capcom + Europe + Megaman + PSOne Classics = doesn’t compute

Just_Joe_316 27 May, 2015 @ 16:28
17.2

Indeed none of this computes but what do you do? I’m not one to use comment sections but if enough people raise a concern or show interest in something then maybe one day somebody will take note.

17.3

The blog isn’t exactly the place to beg for games, ya know…

Show more replies
Shadowdragoon 27 May, 2015 @ 15:22

Please be polite and keep trolling out of the thread to avoid the whole tread getting deleted because of 1 or two trolls.

Just posting to say Thank you to Fred for answering my questions last week. Nothing more.

18.1

Did you really had to copy-paste that silly first line? Just say THANKS and begone.

Timberman80 27 May, 2015 @ 15:50
18.2

@Lance_87 Do you really have to be such a troll?? Yes, I also admit that some of the questions from Shadow is a bit of a folly, but really?? I don’t see his posting any different than all those singstar posts or eu/dollar whining. However you dont see me complaining. All he wanted was an official statement / answer, and now he has gotten one.

18.3

Well, uhm.. meh?

Show more replies

Oh, I’m kinda digging this new layout.

hitman_stephen 27 May, 2015 @ 15:23

I like the new layout! Much easier to see and navigate!

Also PS Mobile..

Raptor RPG has now been updated, it has cross-platform multiplayer, which unlocks halfway through the game. :)
Hill Cliff Horse has been remade, better graphics, larger more detailed environment!

And both have a new Ragdoll Physics options, for extra fun ;)

20.1

Too bad it’s shutting down soon. Hopefully they’re on other devices.

I enjoy the new layout, much clearer in my opiniom. :-)

21.1

Yed they keep forgetting to post ALL downloadable content… like the Citroen Survolt for Driveclub.

21.2

yet*

21.3

Actually, they didn’t even bother to post any free content, like the Witcher 3 addons or the Neptunia U ones.

Powers?
no, didn’t think so.

sorry i even asked, i just came over all entitled for a second there.
you’d think i was one of sony’s beloved american customers the way i expect to get something i was promised.
the ego on me, right? ^_^

22.1

yeah a Sony owned show which should not have any licensing issues because…. you know THEY OWN IT!!!
What is taking so long?

22.2

Hey, your post is totally shorter this week :)

22.3

i thought i’d go for short and punchy this week. ^_^

counterUAVbaby 27 May, 2015 @ 15:26

This new format, got me confused, but I will get used to it I guess!

thewanderer34 27 May, 2015 @ 15:27

Any chance of the Nepal charity theme coming to our store ? I have a couple of £’s on my account which I would like to donate.

XDerKleineX 27 May, 2015 @ 15:27

I find it strange that Octodad would be released tomorrow. The game’s done, and out in other regions, why wait an extra day?

Releasing games a day later in the EU is dumb enough as it is!

In what alternate universe did Badlands get a game of the year award?

StevenJamesHyde 27 May, 2015 @ 15:38
26.1

It won iPad game of the Year 2013 in this very universe. As for alternate universes, who knows what other awards it might have won there?

26.2

in the mobile universe, i suppose.

26.3

I’m also wondering where’s the PS3 version, it was released in the US yesterday…

Show more replies

Any chance the Arcade Archives games coming to the UK & Europe soon? Well I got a few already off the Japanese PSN Store but would still buy Scramble again because I am mad like that :D

No pigeon fancing again…no Onigiri again

Do you think maybe you could get the German blog team to properly sort out the dlc on PS4, PS3, PS Vita stores? Novel concept, I can’t believe no one has thought of before….sorting dlc with the correct games please…maybe please

28.1

If only so I don’t have to look at all those bleeding Major league Baseball themes when I (pointlessly) search for a new dynamic theme for the PS4.

RetroDaddySlim 27 May, 2015 @ 15:40

What a pathetic update. Cant give us one new crappy game for PS3, ey?

Now you list dlc under PS3 games like Game of Thrones ep.4, because you dont have anything for PS3, yet bundle of games wait for Sony approval, some wait since 2013, if anyone here can believe it.
PS4/Vita content is approved lightning speed.

Dragon Age Inquisition Jaws of Hakkon PS3 is not on store.
Get is sorted, Sony.

Better would be to invest some money we pay into supporting minor PS3 titles. No content, no money from us.
March, April, May – instead of best period, it turns out to be the worst ever PS3 period, and summer drought is ahead.

29.1

PS3 has been out for over 8 years now. Get over it.

Time to move on.

29.2

Again with this entitled pile of crap?

29.3

Developers and publishers are moving on from the PS3/360. They’re just not financially viable anymore. 2015 will be the last year AAA titles are released on those platforms.

Show more replies

Any more word on when Yakuza 5 is coming?

New layout looks good by the way!

30.1

They don’t know more than you :/

30.2

They don’t know anything yet they are the publishers of the game and Yakuza 5 is part of their 3 party program. I swear….

30.3

I know, but Yakuza 5 is a Sega title, and now they suddenly decided to disavow their own franchises… don’t be surprised if one day they decide to delist all their games from PSN.

Wow, really nice new layout guys, makes it much easier to read! And so many great new games out this week! :D (PS: GoT Ep.4 was out yesterday, not Friday)

RyanSufc1997 27 May, 2015 @ 15:44

Great Layout, two suggestions – Header font for PS4 DLC ect sould really be a serif font, it looks out of place. Second, Keep up the great work!

Is the PS plus announcement today?

SERGEANT-Q6R 27 May, 2015 @ 15:47

HI Jawad
1-Any news about pre-order call of duty black ops 2 for Qatari store
2- I can’t found destiny DLC

SERGEANT-Q6R 27 May, 2015 @ 15:47
33.1

Black ops 3

Loving the new layout! (Thanks, Germany)

@Fred What happened to Octodad?

It was due to release yesterday and you said so yourself that we would be seeing more Tuesday releases.

supersmith2500 27 May, 2015 @ 16:32
35.1

It’s tomorrow now. So much for false info in the last post when Young Horses said 26th May worldwide. It needs to change. Why should us have to wait an extra day?

Lachlan4567 27 May, 2015 @ 15:51

How come the Inquisition DLC will be AU$23.95 ?
There were several news articles last month celebrating how EA charged equally on this one.
$20 on xbox and PC while being $24 and a month late on PS ,hardly seems fair.

36.1

It recently came to light that publishers only set prices for US and Europe and the local SCEE offices handle the conversions for the “sub-territories”

This is why so many game prices differ in UK, Aus and NZ from what the publishers themselves say they should cost.

Any news on FFXIV Heavensward pre-orders? I sure hope it will be out before the 19th, so we PS4 players can enjoy the early version too.

LitespeedEXE 27 May, 2015 @ 18:12
37.1

We have two weeks they can possibly announce it in to give people time to preorder before early access. Otherwise, it’s either going up during E3 week (2 days to preorder in time), or the day after launch (no early access at all)…

Some news on this would be good, please!

Great store update of which 70% of the content isn’t released until tomorrow. Oh how I dream of a universal store (not unlike LIVE) where everything is released on the same day world-wide and not managed solely by the EU.

thewanderer34 27 May, 2015 @ 16:03
38.1

I was hoping for a universal store on PlayStation when the PS4 was announced. Getting increasingly fed up with waiting for thing’s to appear on this store and they never do.
How much localisation is needed on a theme or an avatar !

38.2

I feel your frustration. the XBOX has had a universal store for over nine years. While I respect the EU has a lot more territories to contend with unlike the US and JP, Microsoft never had any issues. However, Microsoft did have the foresight to understand how stupid it would be to set up all these individual territories requiring individual submissions and QA instead of having just the one governing oversight. It’s a mistake Sony refuse )or are unable) to rectify.

38.3

It does seem more than a little daft. Before last month digital only games released on a Wednesday and retail on a Friday, not always the week they are supposed to (or even the year they’re supposed to due to QA delays)

Then we had the surprise Tuesday releases, confusing but if announced properly would have been manageable. This week we have games released each day Tuesday through Friday, with many not matching their publisher set dates.

I guess adjusting prices against the wishes of developers or holding their games in a QA limbo wasn’t enough, it must also be possible to drop a release back by two days for no reason whatsoever.

I hear and know that Sony’s support of indie developers is fantastic, but if I was a developer I would have to think long and hard about working with Sony when I can’t control my own price out release date.

Show full comment

Let’s stop this madness early, you don’t want to unify the stores, that much is clear. But to make your point by deliberately breaking the EU one so we accept the original flaws is a little childish for a multinational is it not?

spikewestphal 27 May, 2015 @ 16:01

Nice store update but when I click on the dragon age inquisition jaws of hakkon not on the ps store so is it out now or friday

RetroDaddySlim 27 May, 2015 @ 16:15
39.1

I know, man.
I said that earlier about Dragon Age Inqusition Jaws of Hakkon, but all I got is troll responce.

As usual, Sony saying or writting one thing, but actual store content is nowhere to be found.

Same thing with Game of Thrones Ep.4.
They say coming out on 29th, but PS4 version is already available, while PS3 version is not.

DieFliedermouse 27 May, 2015 @ 16:26
39.2

Maybe if your comments were a tad more respectful, you’d get a kinder response.

39.3

Rule #1 when it comes to Store weekly updates: do not expect immediate availably of content after the post has been made. Sometimes the content is made available a couple of hours before the post, sometimes a couple of hours later.

Love the readibility of the new layout. So clean and easy to see! Great work!
Since I don’t know where to ask this, I’ll ask on this and on the discounts post. Any chance of getting a discount on Akiba’s Trip PS4 since it recently launched on the PC for half the price? (Although I would enjoy more on the PS4).

RetroDaddySlim 27 May, 2015 @ 16:15

@spikewestphal
I know, man.

Same thing with Game of Thrones Ep.4.

dark_angel69 27 May, 2015 @ 16:17

I love the new look too!!! Much better and easier to read. The previous way was a bit messy so I couldn’t go through the whole thing without feeling a little bored. lol. But I love it now.

I was just wondering, could you add the PS Now Beta section in the post? I just got a few games on it today but I have no idea if I missed out on games last week or the week before as I haven’t used it those days. Would be nice to see to see here on the blog what the new games gets added to it.

42.1

They have no reason to yet.

PS Now Beta isn’t publicly available here in the UK yet.

Paypal support for Vita please

darkhearthowlin 27 May, 2015 @ 16:33

Can’t find the dragon age dlc for the ps3 wasnt it due today?

44.1

According to the official Dragon Age twitter account it will be release in Europe on the 28th, i.e. tomorrow.

44.2

Hah, and i was told to “shut up” unless it was released and i posted a direct link… meh

darkhearthowlin 27 May, 2015 @ 18:16
44.3

Thanks for letting me know guys

When will Shin Megami Tensei: Lucifer’s Call be availabe in Scandinavia?

If it’s store localization holding things up once again I can only say that it’s laughably amateurish to even have this requirement. Everyone with the ability to navigate PSN in the first place will have adequate command of the English language to make a purchasing decision. If SCEE has stupid requirements, YOU should solve this for small publishers in the name of customer care – Even though this concept most likely is entirely alien to you guys at SCEE.

Why do you disrespect Scandinavian customers like this? SCEE is just abysmal at times, most times even…

XR-NOFEAR17 27 May, 2015 @ 17:05
45.1

The Dutch translation is awful… Its just done with google translate. I wish I could select English instead of getting this garbage forced to me. And like Scandinavian we keep missing out of stuff because of this [DELETED] too.

GoT on Friday?? That sucks, I was looking forward to that today.

spikewestphal 27 May, 2015 @ 17:10
46.1

On Friday I have downloaded and compleated episode 4

46.2

So its live now?

46.3

Yes, at least in my country. But only for PS4.

Just a friendly reminder, there is still Rocksmith 2014 legacy DLC missing! Very few songs, shouldn’t be too hard too fix those and finally be on level with the rest of the PS4 world (and other platforms). Thanks!

47.1

Seriously, how useless are you, SCEE? How do you not fail to drop the ball every single time? Just finish getting the content up – how hard is it? How much longer do we have to bang our heads against the wall over this? I’ll make sure the Trading Standards complaint is updated.

Rockband players – I feel for you, knowing the Rocksmith DLC library is about a quarter of the size of the RB one… You’re in for a loooooong winter.

madmanwithabox12 27 May, 2015 @ 16:56

Yes to this layout. Good job. I thought for a second I was on the NA blog. (@_@)_b

Nothing for me this week. I’ve been thinking about Octodad, but can’t help feeling it’s going to be fun for a hot minute and then quickly wear off.

madmanwithabox12 27 May, 2015 @ 16:57

Isn’t Badland supposed to be out on Vita as well? Or has it vanished into the aether, much to the chagrin of the developers?

49.1

Yeah same with the PS3 edition. Both have been released in the States, yesterday.

supersmith2500 30 May, 2015 @ 00:57
49.2

It was an error with the Store blog entry. All versions are available in the PS Store.

When are you going to fix the season pass for Dead Or Alive? I still can’t access the latest costume pack (Fighter Force) with it. I paid for the season pass so I should be entitled to its contents.

Load all

We close the comments for posts after 30 days.

Edit history