New on PlayStation Store: Guilty Gear Xrd, Steins;Gate, PS Plus update, more

And new savings on titles from Telltale Games

It’s time to rock it out in Guilty Gear Xrd ~Sign~, finally available in European territories from today. Feast your eyes on an unbelievable looking Guilty Gear where Sol, Ky, May, alongside brand new characters, have been recreated in beautiful detail.

Crush your enemies and eat their skulls! Skulls of the Shogun: Bone-A-Fide Edition is a fast-paced turn-based strategy game, supercharged with fighting-game flare and double-stuffed with a serious sense of humour! Enter the Samurai Afterlife and join forces with undead warriors, magical monks, and mighty mustachioed samurai generals! It’s also included in PS Plus this month, so grab it!

Speaking of PS Plus, the June update rolls in some great new content. Whet your appetite for The Phantom Pain with Metal Gear Solid V: Ground Zeroes, procedurally generated platformer Cloudberry Kingdom and lots more.

And finally, grab a Telltale Games title on offer beginning today, as well as Saints Row IV, also on sale this week.

PlayStation StoreOut this week

ps4

ps3

• Steins;Gate
    (out 5 June, not available in Russia, Ukraine)
    £34.99/€44.99/AU$62.95

£2.49/€2.99/AU$4.55
  • Make It Wit Chu – Queens of the Stone Age
    £2.49/€2.99/AU$4.55
  • I Appear Missing – Queens of the Stone Age
    £2.49/€2.99/AU$4.55

PS3 DLC

• Rock Band 3 (out 4 June)

• Rize Of The Fenix

• Little Sister – Queens of the Stone Age
    £2.49/€2.99/AU$4.55
  • Make It Wit Chu – Queens of the Stone Age
    £2.49/€2.99/AU$4.55
  • I Appear Missing – Queens of the Stone Age
    £2.49/€2.99/AU$4.55
  • The Libertines Song Pack (out 4 June)
    £6.49/€7.99/AU$11.95
  • Sublime Song Pack (out 4 June)
    £9.49/€11.99/AU$17.95
  • Slash Song Pack (out 4 June)
    £6.49/€7.99/AU$11.95
  • Biffy Clyro Song Pack (out 4 June)
    £9.49/€11.99/AU$17.95
  • The Allman Brother Band Song Pack (out 5 June)
    £6.49/€7.99/AU$11.95
  • Blue Oyster Song Pack (out 5 June)
    £6.49/€7.99/AU$11.95
  • Golden Bomber Song Pack (out 5 June)
    £6.49/€7.99/AU$11.95

PS Vita DLC

• Operation Abyss: New Tokyo Legacy (out 5 June)

• Operation Abyss: New Tokyo Legacy – Swim Team Xth Squad
    £0.79/€0.99/AU$1.45
  • Operation Abyss: New Tokyo Legacy – Dark Hero Portraits
    Free
  • Operation Abyss: New Tokyo Legacy – Power Recorder Set
    Free
  • Zen Pinball 2

• Portal Pinball (Unlock)
    £2.49/€2.99/AU$4.55

Free for PlayStation Plus subscribers in June

144 Comments
8 Author replies
PS_TrophyHunter 03 June, 2015 @ 14:32

Is Steins Gate Cross Buy?

Seriously doubt that as physical versions for both PS3 and vita are being released in UK…both priced around £20.76 each at Shopto

So for the price of the vita one on PSN you could spend a few quid more at Shopto and get both

It’s not. Just like the PS3 Disc and Vita version are seperate.

PS_TrophyHunter 03 June, 2015 @ 18:23
1.3

Thanks for the info :)

Terry_Burns85 03 June, 2015 @ 14:32

No Towerfall: Dark World :-(

It gets really frustrating. The patch never arrived and now this DLC delay week after week.. It is the same game in Europe as in the US, so what is the problem in just uploading it? :(

supersmith2500 03 June, 2015 @ 14:52
2.2

I think it’s still in QA. I’ll see Matt Makes Games later.

2.3

yes, welcome to psn europe, where the biggest of sony always has been , but now is less important because they need to conquer america ; here it’s a normal sight to see games or dlc come months or weeks after release in america :)

Show more replies

The Dead Or Alive 5 season pass still hasn’t been fixed. I still don’t have access to the Fighter Force costumes – they are showing as “unavailable”.

You’re not giving me what I paid for, so this better be fixed soon.

Can you please give us a response regarding this issue? When we pay for a season pass we expect to get the content. The silence makes us think you don’t care and won’t bother to fix it – which does not reflect well on you at all.

3.2

Unfortunately, I doubt they will respond. I’ve been on to them about it over the past 2 weeks, and they have ignored both mine and other peoples messages about it.

Its no wonder that so many people regard the European branch a complete joke. Not only Dead or Alive, but DLC issues with Rockband, Telltale games always showing up late.
And all we ever get it ‘we are looking into it’.

Even better is when they try to lay the blame on the games publisher, despite the fact people are reporting the content working without an issue on the American store, and the Xbox versions having no issues either.

Certainly makes me want to avoid buying another season pass when SCEE are going to ignore any and all problems than come up when the content doesn’t work/disappears.

Loving the new format. What’s up with the Steins;Gate prices, though? £5 more on Vita? With Harvest Moon: Back to Nature still a no-show, there’s nothing for me in this week’s additions (though I will be getting GoT from the sale).

ryannumber3gamer 03 June, 2015 @ 14:37

Hi. I have some questions.

1. Any chance of getting the Mega Man PS1 classics over here? Recently, Mega Man 8 was released in the US PS Store as a PS1 Classic and about half a year ago, Mega Man X4 & X5 was released over in the US PS Store as a PS Classic as well, so any chance we can get those classics over here?

2. Is there any chance that the Playstation Classics could be cleaned up a bit? What I mean by this is on the Playstation Store, both the PS1 and PS2 classics are all mixed up in a random order and are all mixed in with each other which makes it annoying to try search for any new classics that may have been released, or just to see what classics is currently on the PS Store. Any chance we could get the PS1 & PS2 classics separated into their own categories on the PS Store?

Thanks in Advance.

supersmith2500 03 June, 2015 @ 14:50
5.1

It dosn’t seem Capcom has any plans at the moment but I will pass this message on.

5.2

Are you pretending to be Jawad? :D

Jawad Ashraf 03 June, 2015 @ 15:29
5.3

supersmith2500 is right, though. No current plans for MM in Europe.

Categories, listings and such are tinkered and sorted through out Store team, so hopefully they will fix any issues you may experience in the near future.

Are you sure about those Steins;Gate prices? For one the Vita version seems more expensive than PS3 (and only in £, every other currency is the same) and also this is quite a bit more expensive than the retail version.

6.1

It’s twice the price of retail version o_O At least the VITA one. I was going to buy this digitally, but seriously…

Well, I guess we can wait one more day for the RB3 tracks. Want the meant to be a free track too? The name and artist escapes me at the moment…

7.1

Also, it’d be ironic genius if I Appear Missing didn’t get uploaded today.

7.2

Yeah free track is Frank Turner – I Still Believe I think.

Jawad Ashraf 03 June, 2015 @ 15:29
7.3

Will check up on it.

Show more replies
MadMan_Matt_ 03 June, 2015 @ 14:38

TOWERFALL: DARK WORLD WHERE IS IT!? Did you get that update you spoke about getting last week?

>Steins;Gate
>not available in Russia, Ukraine

Why, sony? Im tired of this…

Yet again no pigeon sharking… but received notification that Steins;Gate was posted this morning so yay

shadownobody 03 June, 2015 @ 14:39

what about final fantasy 14 heavensward?
are we getting the pre-order today?

ZoeDoTheDishes 03 June, 2015 @ 14:39

Rock Band 3 DLC AND the Jackbox Party Pack? Am I dreaming?

MadMan_Matt_ 03 June, 2015 @ 14:40

Where is Towerfall: Dark World!! Getting ridiculous now, next week it’ll have been a month next week since it came out in the US. Any news Fred on that update you were trying to get about it?

Fred Dutton 03 June, 2015 @ 14:53
13.1

The PAL code is being re-submitted by the developer shortly. Alas, that means release is still at least 10 days to 2 weeks away.

13.2

Does it really have to be that complicated?

MadMan_Matt_ 03 June, 2015 @ 15:02
13.3

Thank you! That’s not necessarily the news I was hoping for but at least it’s an update. Thanks for chasing this up

Show more replies

Loving this new layout, well done people. Definitely much nicer than before!

infernalmonkey1 03 June, 2015 @ 14:42

Wow $62.95 for Steins;Gate. It’s $39 to buy a physical copy.

SO dissapointed.. NO blog post about Steins;Gate or Operation Abyss: New Tokyo Legacy?

Okay.. Steins;Gate i can understand. But Operation Abyss.. Really? We had 1 ages ago. That was it. Finally a Vita game comes out, and no mention of it beside from here. We know Sony dont care much for the vita anymore, but could they at least TRY to act like they care about the few games that get’s released over here…

Fred Dutton 03 June, 2015 @ 14:48
16.1

I’m working on getting a Steins;Gate piece for launch day actually ;)

16.2

Thank you Fred! Good to hear that at least Steins;Gate gets some blog time. Always hurts to see these sort of titles getting no mention outside of the Store Update. Lots of people miss out on them.

16.3

Why would they advertise their ‘legacy’ system?

Just be glad there are plenty of Japanese third party developers that still support it.

Are we every going to see ‘Powers?’

By “we” do you mean Brits? Because it’s been available for a long time now, at least here.

Steins Gate is £39.99 on Vita, seriously ?!
It’s just under £22 on Amazon and Shopto.

andrewsqual 03 June, 2015 @ 14:45

Good to get this post out now so you have room to squeeze in the Fallout 4 post at 3pm :)

where the heavensward preorder?

20.1

I second this..when will we see Heavensward Preorder? its already up on Steam, US PS Store and JP PS Store..

shadownobody 03 June, 2015 @ 14:51
20.2

US store already have the pre-order,but it looks like we are not getting this week.

20.3

esp with the early access so close

So, what happened to Elphet and Leo for XRD?
The game’s description says that you can play as them, but hey, they aren’t there. Not even as DLC.
Deceptive much?

21.1

they’re supposed to be DLC, according to several sites.

21.2

Not cool, game description clearly says you can play as Elphelt and Leo, I thought they were included in the base game for EU. That’s false marketing.

ElectricRoses 03 June, 2015 @ 18:34
21.3

Are we certain they aren’t unlockable? I bought this game under the impression Elphelt was included as it clearly says you can play as her on the store itself. I’ll send a complaint otherwise as I only bought this thinking the DLC characters were included.

Show more replies
jon_h_blake 03 June, 2015 @ 14:47

It must be a mistake,because I’ve bought Steins gate for the psvita,the limited retail version with the artbook,for less than 44.99eur.The retail version is about 29.99eur.

TheNastyChocobos 03 June, 2015 @ 14:49

where’s Final Fantasy XIV Heavensward preorder??US and JPN have it already….we need that early access :(

No towerfall and still no answers about the release date

Where’s Towerfall Dark World?! Why is it that it’s released in US and not here?? Something needs to be done with how Playstations EU region works, because this is ridiculous!

zalwelgoedgaan 03 June, 2015 @ 14:51

When are the Summer Sales?

zalwelgoedgaan 03 June, 2015 @ 15:14
26.1

Disregard, got an answer in the other blog entry.

Shin Megami Tensei: Lucifer’s Call for Scandinavia. When?

And more importantly, why didn’t we get it? What’s the official word on this? Why does SCEE suck so much all the time?

Jawad Ashraf 03 June, 2015 @ 15:38
27.1

Tomorrow for Denmark :)

AussieOutsider 03 June, 2015 @ 14:53

Wow. Rock Band 3 DLC FINALLY shows up… Am I Dreaming?

28.1

The really funny bit is it is arriving on Friday. We are told that these scattergun releases are due to “publisher request” Now Harmonix have been hounding SCEE to release these since the first pack in January, do we really believe that after *five months* of trying to get SCEE to release the first of these tracks they decided themselves to release on Friday instead of Wednesday?

halfaworldaway 03 June, 2015 @ 21:34
28.2

Yeah and only 6 months late, ah the joys of modern technology in the hands of inept people.

Do my eyes deceive me? Is that actually Rock band 3 dlc I see?

Just thought I’d mention…..Arc System Works have announced a follow-up to Guilty Gear Xrd called “Guilty Gear Xrd: Revelator”. So far it’s only coming to Japanese arcades, but I’ve no doubt they’ll announce a console version at some point.

Makes the EU release of the original game completely redundant, at least to me. 6 months behind schedule on this one, and they were nearly a year behind schedule on Persona 4 Arena. No idea why they keep getting into this situation, do they forget EU exists every time they develop a new game??

Any news on harvest moon back to nature?

Hi Fred (and/or Jawad), with the Rock Band 3 content, there’s one song missing.

Frank Turner – “I Still Believe”

(it should be free, and was released in March in the US on the PS3 and worldwide on the XBOX)

There’s also some missing Rocksmith 2014 PS4 content… i’m waiting on the Rise Against Song Pack. 3 of the 5 songs are available, but “Prayer Of The Refugee” and “Give It All” never got added weeks ago.

Cheers!

jakeellis02 03 June, 2015 @ 15:06
32.1

Yes!! Rock Band DLC!! Still one missing though :( Can we get some updates Fred?

Jawad Ashraf 03 June, 2015 @ 15:39
32.2

The free song will be up this week as well.

32.3

Cheers Jawad. Appreciate the reply. Love the new formatting on the blog too!

Show more replies

Any chance Playstation is reviewing its refund policy to get it in line with the 21st century? Seriously Steam updated there’s yesterday because they were lagging behind EA and GOG. Time for Sony to follow suit…

33.1

*theirs

Yes, do take notice Sony.

Still nothing regarding my questions from previous weeks regarding the Ninja Gaiden Sigma “Rachel” DLC (on PS3) and the Oddworld New ‘n’ Tasty DLC? I tried asking AGAIN about the latter to the customer support but once again they demonstrated their levels of incompetence in the matter, they tried to offer me a “refund” (?) for something which was already free, and it’s no longer fully available for purchase.

Please, if possible, try to tell me something regarding BOTH issues.

ps: sorry if i post here too.

Just_Joe_316 03 June, 2015 @ 16:51
34.1

Last week I requested one PSone Classic to be added to the store which was Mega Man X3 as it’s a PAL only release and what was your response? ” Stop begging for games…”

How Ironic my second request was to add PS1/PS2 file sorting to the store too, which you have backed up @ryannumber3gamer above asking the same thing, And by the way Sony Store team, if you pay me for an hour of my time I will add the relevant menu’s to your website/Store GUI as I am a professional Website Developer.

So my response to you is to stop “Begging” for things, this isn’t the place, you should call customer services for answers to your requests and stop giving people sarcastic reply’s to their questions.

It’s very rare I post any comment in a website asking for a request, I have more important things in my life so I would appreciate not to have a rude response from somebody that doesn’t work for Sony.

Show full comment

Why don’t you take a look on the USA Store where every week the requests for classic games are “Hash Tag this, Hash Tag that.”

Being rude will get you nowhere in life like your above statement.

34.2

You must have problems to make such a silly post. I could be “rude” but your behaviour is absolutely a lot more moronic. My life is nothing of your concern.

Also, my issue regarding the Oddworld DLC is about stuff actually released months ago. And again, Jawad replied, TWICE in two different weeks, and i’m just asking for a simple update. I’ve already contacted the developers in the past.

So where can I write a happiness letter about that nifty steins;gate availability? It’s just too awesome.

Jawad Ashraf 03 June, 2015 @ 15:40
35.1

The publisher is the best person to contact in regional availability.

zalwelgoedgaan 03 June, 2015 @ 15:07

Tetris Ultimate is €10 on the PS4, why is the Vita version €15? Does it have extra content to justify the increased price?

thewanderer34 03 June, 2015 @ 15:09

Going to try again,
Any chance we will see the Nepal charity theme ? I would rather my spare store credit went to charity than generating interest on Sony’s bank account.

CoolRichy007UK 03 June, 2015 @ 15:16
37.1

Yes sony we want to donate cash

CoolRichy007UK 03 June, 2015 @ 15:19
37.2

Oh yea fred when will the uk get more themes the usa has loads

zalwelgoedgaan 03 June, 2015 @ 15:19
37.3

There was a charity here after the Japan earthquake, I wouldn’t mind donating some money again for a good cause.

Riddler_Tam 03 June, 2015 @ 15:09

Hi, just wondering when riptide gp2 is being released, it was down as the 29th of may in last weeks store update but I haven’t seen anything about it.

38.1

Hey

i contacted the developer on twitter about that last week and they said :

‏@vectorunit · May 29
There was an error on that PS EU blog. Riptide GP2 will be coming in the next month or 2. Beach Buggy Racing comes Tuesday, June 2.

So we need to wait a while longer for riptide

Bad sales, bad PS Plus games, bad Sony.

CoolRichy007UK 03 June, 2015 @ 15:15
39.1

Bad comment lol joke

MarkieDSade 03 June, 2015 @ 15:10

Please fix the problem with the Fighter Force outfits for the Season Pass owners of Dead Or Alive 5 Last Round on the PS4! I am not getting what i paid for (and that was a lot)!!!

BTW, Fallout 4 Trailer just dropped https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lnn2rJpjar4&feature=youtu.be Looks awesome.

Jawad Ashraf 03 June, 2015 @ 15:40
41.1

Hype!

CoolRichy007UK 03 June, 2015 @ 15:15

I WAS right wander will be £20 and the theme will be £1.39 i just have enough dough left to get both. Oh and fred will there be more games like wander soon for the ps4 anything but gta5 type violence

FantasyMeister 03 June, 2015 @ 15:15

Thanks for confirming the PAL region price for Wander, I’ll pick it up as soon as it’s released (June 4th last time I checked).

CoolRichy007UK 03 June, 2015 @ 16:25
43.1

It better be out4th june same as usa and not 5th june a day after usa if its out tomorrow im buying it

Steins;Gate is amazing for Vita! If you like 999/VLR, Danganronpa etc. then pick it, it’s very dark!

supersmith2500 03 June, 2015 @ 16:29
44.1

Got mine pre-ordered, I should get it this Friday. Btw, you should check out the anime on Netflix if you love the game. It’s excellent. : D

Stonesthrow 03 June, 2015 @ 15:24

Thank Buddha for Witcher 3. These PLUS titles will go straight to my backlog again, never to be played.

CleverTwigboy 03 June, 2015 @ 15:26

Wait, why is Steins;Gate Vita so expensive? It’s only £21 more or less everywhere else….. Sony pls ;-;
(No but seriously? I don’t get it, it’s nearly double the price.)

PLEASE PLEASE tell me someone has some idea at Sony as to when the digital pre order for final fantasy xiv heavensward will be available here in the UK and the rest of EU as the early access starts June 19th and I need to know whether or not to order a disc version, thanks in advance.

TheNastyChocobos 03 June, 2015 @ 15:45
47.1

hopefully next week,i dont know nobody says anything about it neither Sony or SE,if you can buy the disc version better go for it,dont risk it with PSN

47.2

u can buy it from se store, they send codes to enter in the psn store. that are our last hope

47.3

found that few minutes after add replay…. from official ff14 forum

“Greetings,

Now that digital pre-orders of the PS3 and PS4 versions of Heavensward are available on the North American PlayStation Store we’d like to give you an update on the situation for pre-orders in Europe.

We are happy to confirm that the digital versions of Heavensward for PS3/PS4 will be available to purchase on the European PlayStation Store from Friday 19th June!

By purchasing either the standard or collector’s editions of Heavensward for PS3/PS4 between 19th to 23rd June, you will be able to play Heavensward content throughout the early access period, as well as receive the pre-order bonus items.

We’ll follow up with further details at a later late, but rest assured that those who wish to order the digital PS3/PS4 versions on the European PlayStation Store, and obtain the pre-order bonuses, will be able to do so!”

Any chance of fixing the Pinball Arcade Season Four issue? There are two bundles available for around the same price. One works on both PS3 and Vita, the other PS3 only. Unfortunately it was the PS3 only version that came out first. I bought that one expecting the same cross-buy as season’s 1 – 3.

I now have a season of Pinball Arcade I’ll rarely play and a Vita waiting for the content I paid for.

Freedom Wars theme? Come on. Bring it.

RetroDaddySlim 03 June, 2015 @ 15:45

Why is Run Like Hell! TREASURE BUNDLE listed as PS3 game?
This is not PS3 game. Its a Vita game, even game ID in your link is showing Vita game ID.
And in game page, it say clear the game is compatible with PS Vita only.
Sony should correct this so people on PS3 dont buy the game they cant use.

About Tetris Ultimate, it was said to come for PS3 aswell this week, but only Vita version got out.

What about Assassins Creed Chronicles China, is this game still coming to PS3?
You guys announce it in february, but UBISOFT later said to abandon last gen development.
It would be nice to know if we can expect this game or not.
Thanks.

50.1

I didn’t even know China was supposed to come out on old-gen.

Load all

We close the comments for posts after 30 days.

Edit history