Rocket League launches on 7th July, Sweet Tooth joins roster

Forthcoming action-sports throwdown will support PS4/PC cross platform play

The team here at Psyonix has been overwhelmed by the positive worldwide reaction to our upcoming action-sports game, Rocket League, which is why we want to give you all not one, but FOUR major pieces of information in a single announcement!

The first two are right there in the headline: Rocket League will be available for purchase in the PlayStation Store in most major territories on 7th July, while Twisted Metal’s famous ice cream truck, Sweet Tooth, joins our roster of playable cars as a special unlockable vehicle exclusively on PlayStation 4! Watch our brand new trailer below for proof!

20150603_rocketleague_04_web

What the headline doesn’t tell you is that Rocket League will also be one of the few games in history that supports PS4/ PC cross-play — meaning that owners of both the console version and the PC version will be able to team up or go head-to-head in the same matches when the game launches early next month!

And finally, we’re very proud to announce that Rocket League will be making an appearance at this year’s Electronic Entertainment Expo (E3) and will be playable in near-finished form at Sony’s own booth in the West Hall. Season Mode, splitscreen multiplayer, car customisation, and Sweet Tooth himself will all be available to check out and enjoy all three days of the show and we can’t wait to see you drop by to enjoy it!

20150603_rocketleague_01_web20150603_rocketleague_02_web

I know I say it in every post, but on behalf of the entire team at Psyonix, that you VERY MUCH for the continued sentiment, support, and suggestions during the development of this game. Without you, our sequel to Supersonic Acrobatic Rocket-Powered Battle-Cars never would have happened, and for that, we are forever grateful.

See you at E3 and see you once again on 7th July!

30 Comments
4 Author replies

Yay!
Saw Lirik/Giantwaffle play it on twitch and signed up for the beta. Got access right away and played for countless hours.
Game was such a blast. Looking forward to it! :D

Jeremy Dunham 03 June, 2015 @ 15:53
1.1

We had a blast watching/ playing against them as well. The whole studio gathered around our leisure area and just went nuts. That was a good day. Here’s to having even better ones!

Awesome, just over a month left to wait.

MadMan_Matt_ 03 June, 2015 @ 15:10

Name your price. Cannot wait to get this. Been playing ever since downloading the SSARPBC demo the best part ago 10 years ago!

3.1

Price will be 19.99 MSRP in the US. Similair prices in other countries. ;)

Awesome!!

Didn’t know it was getting a PC version.

QuietlyWrong 03 June, 2015 @ 15:31

This makes me happy.

That is all. :D

zalwelgoedgaan 03 June, 2015 @ 15:42

How does Sweet Tooth’s PS4 exclusivity affect crossplay? Is he allowed to be displayed in the PC version for legal reasons?

Jeremy Dunham 03 June, 2015 @ 15:54
7.1

PC players will not see Sweet Tooth in their version. He is viewable and playable only in the PS4 version. PC users would see a different vehicle in its place during cross-play matches.

supersmith2500 03 June, 2015 @ 16:17
7.2

In case you didn’t notice. Sweet Tooth is owned by SCE themselves as they own the Twisted Metal franchise.

zalwelgoedgaan 03 June, 2015 @ 16:26
7.3

I knew that sweetheart. Just wanted to know for sure if Sony would make an exception.

Show more replies

Nice. Keep bringing them splitscreen goodies.

I’m not too thrilled about PC players joining games. Level playing field?

Jeremy Dunham 03 June, 2015 @ 15:56
9.1

Rocket League has always been about skill and our matchmaking tech is pretty good. It will be level. :)

9.2

If anything you might have the upper hand. Cause some users will use keyboard/mouse. Kinda wish it was controller only on PC as well. :P

I don’t normally post here.. But well done guys, A Big Big fan or sarp and now an even bigger fan of RL… ^^

Can’t wait to ruin my life playing this :D

dark_angel69 03 June, 2015 @ 17:28

Can’t wait for this game!!! Couldn’t get enough of the beta. Played it every single day it was on. Was so much better when you added the text chat. I hope more games do that kind of thing. Nice to see everyone talking to one another and congratulating each other on good goals. It’s an additive game!

Jeremy Dunham 03 June, 2015 @ 17:39
12.1

Thank you. It was fantastic to see so many people enjoying themselves as well. Each day we had more players than the last, which was fantastic!

Loved the beta. Good to hear sweet tooth in in the game. How about Sackboy in his little race kart from Little Big Planet Kart racing game?

HOLY MOTHER OF

I wasn’t interested in this game at all with the generic cars until I saw Sweet Tooth, now I just want you to take my money!

This is fantastic news… Shame it’s not 7th June! I loved the beta and still play sarpbc. It’s the only game I get to enjoy with my kids splitscreen as most games take themselves too seriously these days. Wasn’t huge on the 4v4 online because it was a bit chaotic for me but I’m sure some will love it. I just hope the offline season mode has longevity because I will be playing this game for a long time for sure! Thanks for making it.

Price?

16.1

$19.99 USD. Convert at will. From their Twitter.

16.2

$20, so will be €20 too. UK price will be decided by SCEE but likely to be £16 minimum. All depends if they think this game will be popular enough to try and increase their usual exchange rate over.

I Like it!! I love online multiplayer games, especially with pc/ps4 cross platform.. :P I will try this game when it is released on ps4

swcoruscant 03 June, 2015 @ 21:32

It’s a shame that this game only seems to have one layout of map, unlike SARPBC…

18.1

More unique maps will come out eventually as free downloads.

Looking forward to doing some content with this come launch

Finka_Karfein 04 June, 2015 @ 09:10

Will get it either for PC or PS4 quite soon after the release. The first game was too much fun to skip the sequel or wait for a discount.

Worlds_On_Fire 02 July, 2015 @ 14:07

Free on PS Plus in July! Amazing. Me and @Stirkos are going to take on the world and dominate.

21.1

really looking forward to this one @Worlds_On_Fire

just want to reach out and say thank-you for your hard-working & tenacious endeavours in the latest FIFA installment

thanks for being you

all the best

Stirkos

We close the comments for posts after 30 days.

Edit history