Posted

Limited edition Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain PS4 coming to Europe

Take a look at the stylish new themed PS4, available this September

With the next instalment of the incredible Metal Gear Solid series less than three months away, I’m delighted to announce that a Limited Edition Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain PlayStation 4 will be available across Europe, Australia and New Zealand on 1st September.

130610_4_forRHQ_NOcamera

This exclusive bundle will include a limited edition 500GB PS4 that comes in a distinctive deep red with gold line detail, inspired by the look of Snake’s Bionic Arm.

A special metallic grey Dualshock 4 Wireless Controller, resembling the handgun held by Snake, is also included and both the PS4 and Dualshock 4 feature the unit emblem of Diamond Dogs, a private military organisation led by Snake. You’ll also receive the Day 1 Edition of Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain which comes packed with bonus downloadable content.

PS4_MGSV_H

In addition to the limited edition bundle, we’ll also have a Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain bundle which includes a PS4 and DS4 in Jet Black and the Day 1 Edition. Both bundles will be available on 1st September – the same day as the standalone game.

130610_4_forRHQ_NOcamera

Check out these brand new screenshots and prepare yourselves for Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain on PS4.

DN_011 DN_020DN_CO-OP_004
#07 - 20140604-0190#08 - Co_Op (5)
DN_011 DN_020DN_CO-OP_004

mgstpp_preview_01_web

Did you enjoy this?

Comments

69 Comments 0 Author replies
Show oldest first

The most tempting thing about this for me, is the Yoji Shinkawa artwork on the PS4 box. Really miss his designs on the actual game cover.

Sweet, thanks for the release. Though I already have my white PS4 (Toro HDD cover incoming :D)

would totally get this if I didnt have a PS4.

KoopaTim 9 June, 2015 @ 2:14 pm   3

Man, for once I’d wish early adopters would get a cool looking console like this.

Amigaguru 9 June, 2015 @ 2:14 pm   4

how limited is this one then?, hopefully less than 70.000 units. (mortal kombat X CE was 70k lol)..

looks incredible btw. i will pre-order for sure but then again i am a MGS fan

ThugETH 9 June, 2015 @ 2:17 pm   5

Love the pad but the console colour is horrible. They should’ve etched a sweet faceplate like the Bloodborne one: http://postimg.org/image/o33bkw6od/
With some sweet Yoji Shinkawa artwork on it.

Stonesthrow 9 June, 2015 @ 6:45 pm

Agreed on the coloring. ^^

SkyMason 10 June, 2015 @ 2:49 pm

I think it looks pretty neat. That bloodborne cover on the other hand looks pretty tacky and cheap!

Lunastra78 9 June, 2015 @ 2:24 pm   6

This red/gold + gunmetal grey mix is not too pleasing on the eyes.

It would look better if the other half of the PS4 was red as well, and the controller was the same red/gold color scheme.

jerrikoe 9 June, 2015 @ 9:15 pm

I don’t know how you play but my PS4 usually sits somewhere near the TV and the DS4 in my hand is like 3, 4 meters apart from there. So you should have no real issue with your eyes I guess. 😀

Flotmeister 9 June, 2015 @ 2:26 pm   7

Where/When can you order one of these (the limited edition of course)?

bigbossarg 9 June, 2015 @ 2:31 pm

OMG PLEASE PLEASE SOMEONE LET US KNOW, i won’t leave this laptop until someone comes out and confirm when the preorders start, and where, i will explode if don’t get to buy one.

( i also have the special limited edition mgs with the bionic arm on pre order, for mgs i m willing to go all out)

bigbossarg 9 June, 2015 @ 2:36 pm   8

When are we getting the important information such as “where we can pre order, and when?” Thank you thank your

DaytimeDreamer 9 June, 2015 @ 3:05 pm   9

What we need to know right know is:

1) When pre-orders are opening.
2) Which retailers will have the LE bundle.
3) Any day 1 goodies or pre-order bonuses.

SOOO excited this is coming to Europe!!!

aKaSoG 9 June, 2015 @ 3:33 pm   10

Soooo i first thought “mmmm Playstation Red… nah, that cant be good”

But actually seeing it! im completely jealous!

Militaratus 9 June, 2015 @ 3:40 pm   11

Only 500GB? You could have sneaked in 1TB SSHD with a copy of P.T. in there at least. :3

THIS AINT RIGHT…….very much diehard metal gear fan and its not coming to the US, just wrong…….I missed out on the “ARM” bundle, so I didnt want the day one deal cause I knew that they Konami would do something more, and the red ps4 just for one region I really knew couldn’t last forever so why share the love for every diehard out there. The main reason I havent even got a PS4 is just for this game lol……………ok RANT done…………SNNNAAKEEE!!!!

TrueMurton 10 June, 2015 @ 7:48 am

Let’s just weigh this up.

The US get all year round as standard.

* last gen prices on all games
    * permenant price drops once a game has been out for a while
    * reductions of up to 90% during regular flash sales

Europe get a single limited edition console just once, and you want in.

How about you pay the 40% increase on every single game that we have paid this gen then we can talk…

Domatron0602 10 June, 2015 @ 8:07 am

@truemurton.

in fairness to our american counterparts when it comes to games rrp. they kind of have to work just as long to afford the game.minimum wage in america is about £4.70 as oppossed to £6.50 in the uk.

so buying a new release in usa, they have to work the same amount of hours as us to pay for something.

bottom line they get paid less than folks in the uk.

matdub69 9 June, 2015 @ 5:09 pm   13

I will be three of them if they come with a david hayter upgrade. Keifer has a great body of work but he is not snake.

didsburydan 9 June, 2015 @ 5:12 pm   14

any chance of a discount on the MGS HD collection in the near future? would love to replay them all again in the build up to MGS5.

RustyTachikoma 9 June, 2015 @ 5:38 pm   15

Screw the console. Why can’t we have that illustration as the boxart for the game??

Stonesthrow 9 June, 2015 @ 6:43 pm

Lol yea, they always use the ingame graphics for covers nowadays, it’s lame. Illustration is way cooler.

Bosyou 9 June, 2015 @ 6:14 pm   16

Playstation, Sony, Konami, PLEASE, WE NEED THIS IN THE USA too !!!
Thank you so much, we have aq huge fan community here waiting for the PS4 MGSV edition !

CoolRichy007UK 9 June, 2015 @ 10:31 pm

sorry but there is a bigger huge fan community in the uk

Switters86 10 June, 2015 @ 12:27 am

I agree! Bring this awesome console to America. Now shut up and take my money! Lol

To coolrichy007UK. Sorry but there is a “bigger huge fan community” of “deeznuts” than the UK fan community. If the limited edition sold out completely on the first day within an hour I believe than obviously there is a massive fan base here in the states as well.

Stonesthrow 9 June, 2015 @ 6:41 pm   17

Console color is ugly imo, controller extremely awesome. Bring that color to the regular DS4’s as well! ><

European_Gamer 9 June, 2015 @ 7:17 pm   18

I think that is one of the best looking PS4s but I already own a PS4 so I’m not getting it.

PS_TrophyHunter 9 June, 2015 @ 7:37 pm   19

So sexy I must have it! Might trade in my old white console for it 🙂

Shadow-King 9 June, 2015 @ 10:26 pm   20

UK release where?

CoolRichy007UK 9 June, 2015 @ 10:30 pm   21

day one for me just add the pre order to ps4 store please

oh and if you mix MGS with guitar hero you get metal guitar hero 😀

Otacon_Alonsus 9 June, 2015 @ 10:43 pm   22

When can we pre-order and which sites / retailers have it!? Count on you guys to leave out the critical information for actually getting the item.

TheBleedinClown 9 June, 2015 @ 10:47 pm

They buildin hype, got a feeling info will be released near end of the month.

When we’ll be able to pre order it??

Hideo Kojima does not approve.

Switters86 10 June, 2015 @ 12:25 am   25

Please release this limited edition PS4 in America. I for one would get it day one. If this is indeed the last game in the franchise, I think it would be a great way to pay homage to this awesome series. And I think the color scheme of the console is beautiful.

RoboAddy 10 June, 2015 @ 12:33 am   26

Any word on which Australian retailers will be carrying this?
I’m not seeing it listed anywhere so far.

KanisFIN 10 June, 2015 @ 8:26 am   27

SnakeStation! This is really cool

Alestes 10 June, 2015 @ 8:33 am   28

The Limited Edition PS4 looks very cool. I don’t have a PS4 yet, so it might become a purchase.

FirstDegreeBacon 10 June, 2015 @ 8:43 am   29

Buying. I’m not a MGS fan but I love the design and want a second ps4 for the lounge. Gun metal and blood red are my two favorite colours looks incredible

Alexiel-FR 10 June, 2015 @ 2:58 pm   30

know for sure it will be exclusive to game in the UK , cos in France it’s Exclusive to the biggest video game seller called Micromania . so unfortunately we will not be able to preorder it on amazon or other websites…

Alexiel-FR 10 June, 2015 @ 2:59 pm   31

from what i know , preorder’s starts in july . ( at least in my country but i assume it will be the same for UK, Germany etc…

El_Mago_de_Oz63 11 June, 2015 @ 5:15 am   32

Hello I’m from Mexico and I just want to say that play station have to bring this ps4 to America at least to the us, I really want to buy it

JUST TAKE MY MONEY! Give us a pre order date and where we can preorder from in the UK.

The fanbase in the UK is absolutely massive for MGS. Not nice for other people to miss out on it however.

Hiddennomak 15 June, 2015 @ 8:06 am   34

Im Waiting to Release

Hiddennomak 15 June, 2015 @ 8:10 am   35

SSSSSSSNAKE???????

SirCam-ron 18 June, 2015 @ 2:18 am   36

Sony, you absolutely have to release this in North America, it’s what I’ve been waiting for. Seriously, I’ve held out on buying a PS4 in the hopes this would be see the light of day here in the States. If you don’t, I may have to jump ship to XBone!

Navy4SeaLs 18 June, 2015 @ 5:36 pm   37

It will be coming to Portugal this limited edition of the MGS PS4???

Broseac 19 June, 2015 @ 10:53 am   38

Please help: When and where will we be able to pre-order this in the U.K. please?

Mr-VAUROS 20 June, 2015 @ 12:11 am   39

YOU MUST RELEASE THIS BUNDLE IN NORTH AMERICA!!! WHAT’S THE REASON WHY IT WOULDN’T BE RELEASED? WHAT MAKES EUROPE AND ASIA DIFFERENT FROM USA? WE SPEND MONEY ON THINGS LIKE THIS JUST LIKE THEY DO, IF NOT MORE SO BECAUSE WE LOVE BUYING THINGS WE DON’T NEED.

I’LL BE WAITING ON THE ANNOUNCEMENT OF THIS CONSOLE BEING RELEASED TO THE USA…

steve_luth_420 20 June, 2015 @ 5:49 pm   40

I Agree ^^ i’ve waited since the ps4’s release date for a new metal gear game to be released to by myself a PS4. now that theirs a MGS ps4 bundle, and its not even being released in the states is just a huge slap in the face. im not going to spend 600 bucks so i can get something shipped to me that should have been released here in the first place. this is a true abomination to American gamers!

Who’s excited about metal gear online?

viper1000 20 June, 2015 @ 6:25 pm   42

PLEASE BRING TO U.S I to have been waiting out on buying a ps4 until this game was released and love the design. Sony make it happen. Its not that hard.

C72ISTIAN 21 June, 2015 @ 1:33 am   43

Metal gear solid is my all time favorite series and this being the final installment of the series I just gotta have it I’m an all time fan, you have to make it available to us in North America I just gotta have it

Young_Maserati 21 June, 2015 @ 10:15 am   44

PLEASE BRING IT TO AMERICA I WILL BUY IT IN A HEART BEAT PLZ. EVERYBODY GETS ALL THE COOL STUFF. THIS IS BEAUTIFUL. I WILL NEVER GET SELL THIS LOVE THIS COLOR SCHEME. AT LEAST SEND US A MESSAGE OR SOMETHING HOW TO GET ONE.

Is this based on the original hardware, or is it the newer updated Playstation 4 with the lower power usage and lower weight? Anyone know anything?

The glossy finish suggests that it is the original hardware as the new one comes in matte finish? Any thoughts?

LLcoolBrent 25 June, 2015 @ 7:27 pm   47

Sony, surely we can get a 1TB version of this??!

That would probably make it more expensive? Either way, one can probably benefit more from adding an Terabyte SSHD if required? A 1TB option would perhaps complicate the whole Limited edition business a little, but maybe it should be an option. At least it has the newest hardware config:)

no official pre-orders out yet?

benjad96 1 July, 2015 @ 12:59 pm   49

I just pre-ordered this at eb games in Australia. I’m not even a MGS fan.

OREOphosphate 1 July, 2015 @ 7:32 pm   50

When will it be up for pre-order in the uk?

Load all