LittleBigPlanet 3: The Journey Home expansion coming in July

New premium Adventure Pack DLC inbound for Sackboy’s latest adventure

When we last saw Sackboy; he had just waved goodbye to Newton, Captain Pud and Nana Pud before stepping into Newton’s latest teleportation contraption to depart Bunkum for a one-way trip back to Craftworld. Or so we thought…

LittleBigPlanet 3: The Journey Home is coming next month and will chronicle the next exciting chapter for Sackboy, OddSock, Toggle and Swoop, as they discover that Newton’s contraption didn’t exactly work as planned and they end up taking a “grand detour” of LittleBigPlanet!

The Journey Home will be our first major Premium Adventure Pack DLC and will come with a new Adventure featuring brand new levels based on fan-favourite themes and characters from LBP and LBP2 totally re-imagined for LittleBigPlanet 3, some cranium busting co-op challenges for Sackboy and his new friends, a bouncy new Power-up for OddSock and a goodie bag full of new creative assets to decorate your own little corner of LittleBigPlanet with.

Gardens02Weddings02Factory01

Free DLC available this week!

It’s been six months since we launched LittleBigPlanet 3 and we just wanted to take a moment to say that we have been absolutely blown away by your continued support and love for Sackboy and LittleBigPlanet!
To show our gratitude to each and every one of you, we decided to get together to create this range of costumes for Sackboy based on Sumo Digital, Tarsier Studios and The Station for you all!

LBP Family Studio Costumes 16-10

Don’t they all just look so adorable in their own way? These new costumes will become available when the PlayStation Store updates this week and you can pick all three up for free!

LittleBigPlanet 3: An ever-growing community platform!

We continue to expand the possibilities of LittleBigPlanet 3 with regular updates featuring free new content and improvements for the community.

Your feedback has seen the inclusion of the Level of the Day feature, expanded text-writing capabilities within the Note Tool and realistic water immersion effects added to Sackboy and friends… With many more exciting free content additions on the way!

GIF7

Our eighth game update was released last week; so head on into LittleBigPlanet 3 today to check out all of our recent content additions and to see all of the latest and greatest content published by the community.

TheKingPose

Come and visit us!

LittleBigPlanet.com
Forums
Facebook
Twitter
YouTube

34 Comments
9 Author replies

I wonder if you’ll actually be able to play as the characters throughout the story this… -_-

Steven Isbell 09 June, 2015 @ 16:39
1.1

You will get a chance to play as each character during the Journey Home and they will also pair up for some really unique co-op challenges that put their special skills to the test!

I hope so! There was only 2 levels in LBP3 where you could play as all the characters. Hope the expansion rectifies this.

What was that about realistic water immersion?

Also, are there any updates on the Cross-Controller Pack?

Steven Isbell 09 June, 2015 @ 16:42
2.1

If you dip Sackboy, OddSock, Toggle or Swoop in water or place them under the Rain Material, their skins will become visibly soaked depending on how immersed in the water they are.

We are currently working on bringing the contents of the LittleBigPlanet 2: Cross-Controller Pack to LittleBigPlanet 3. It’s a bit more complicated than the other packs and is requiring some additional work to make it compatible. We are currently aiming to make this content available in LittleBigPlanet 3 by the end of July.

2.2

Thanks :)

Will the creator content in the Cross-Controller Pack be available to use on LBPV anytime soon?

Steven Isbell 09 June, 2015 @ 17:13
2.3

The creators content from the LittleBigPlanet 2: Cross-Controller Pack isn’t compatible with LittleBigPlanet PS Vita since it’s a unique pack for LBP2 much like Pirates of the Caribbean, Toy Story, Move Pack, etc…

If you own the pack though, the costumes for the pack are currently available for LBP PS Vita and LBP Karting though. (They will become available for LBP3 when we release the contents for it at the end of July).

new music instruments?

I see The Gardens, Factory of a better Tomorrow and The Wedding theme in those screenies.

Good to go back to LBP1, minus the primitiveness of it all. Hoping to see an encounter with The Collector again.

Steven Isbell 09 June, 2015 @ 16:43
4.1

That was one of our biggest desires for this entire pack!
To really showcase how far LittleBigPlanet has come along since its earliest days!

What’s the pricing of the DLC, and will it have trophies?

Steven Isbell 09 June, 2015 @ 17:15
5.1

We will release more details about the pack’s full contents and pricing closer to release!

renaultmilton 09 June, 2015 @ 16:40

In the teaser, I thought that was Winnie The Pooh DLC. *Facepalms*. But can’t wait! :D

Steven Isbell 09 June, 2015 @ 16:54
6.1

OddSocks are a wonderful thing…

And we still know nothing about Little Big Planet HUB…….

Awesome news! And a great incentive for me to finally pick LittleBigPlanet 3 up for my PS4 :-)

Please don’t, the game has so many glitches it’s not funny anymore.
I loved 1 and 2 but 3 is a mess.

8.2

Don’t listen to that guy, I love the game and definitely recommend it. I haven’t had a lot of glitches and when I did, there was one game breaking bug(Which is fixed). The new tools are great and the characters are pretty fun to use!

there will be good news for lbp musicians?

Did LBP3 sell enough to warrant a sequel?

its like going back into lbp1 and lbp2!!! ON PS4!!!

Steven Isbell 10 June, 2015 @ 09:58
11.1

Soooo many layers and much bigger levels!

Also, Bouncing OddSocks… Bouncing OddSocks are amazing fun too!

Awesome, more new LEVELS, me wife will love it.

Mebay also a LBP sale on old LEVELS DLC’s??? To boost LBP3…

LittleBigPlanet 1 (PS3):
– DLC: Metal Gear Solid Level Kit
– DLC: Pirates of the Caribbean Level Kit

LittleBigPlanet 2 (PS3):
– DLC: LittleBigPlanet™2: The Muppets DLC
– DLC: LittleBigPlanet™2: Cross-Controller DLC
– DLC: LittleBigPlanet™2: DC Comics™ Premium Level Pack

LittleBigPlanet (Vita):
– DLC: Hero Rush
– DLC: Avengers: Ultimate Escape
– DLC: S.H.I.E.L.D. – Interceptor
– DLC: LittleBigPlanet™ PS Vita: DC Comics™ Premium Level Pack

Show full comment

Awesome, more new LEVELS, me wife will love it.

Mebay also a LBP sale on old LEVELS DLC’s??? To boost LBP3…

LittleBigPlanet 1 (PS3):
– DLC: Metal Gear Solid Level Kit
– DLC: Pirates of the Caribbean Level Kit

LittleBigPlanet 2 (PS3):
– DLC: LittleBigPlanet™2: The Muppets DLC
– DLC: LittleBigPlanet™2: Cross-Controller DLC
– DLC: LittleBigPlanet™2: DC Comics™ Premium Level Pack

LittleBigPlanet (Vita):
– DLC: Hero Rush
– DLC: Avengers: Ultimate Escape
– DLC: S.H.I.E.L.D. – Interceptor
– DLC: LittleBigPlanet™ PS Vita: DC Comics™ Premium Level Pack

Stonesthrow 09 June, 2015 @ 18:49

Got most of the outfits I wanted but still need some level packs, discount sale please ;)

Will we get some new animations, more music sequencer instruments and a new special tools bag item?

nuclearXpotato 09 June, 2015 @ 20:20

YES, A THOUSAND TIMES, YES! Sumo Digital, I may have had negative opinions on the whole LBP HUB thing, but you’ve done too much to make me have any bad ideas about you guys, first there’s this beautiful masterpiece of a DLC, you guys really know what the community’s been wanting. And then there’s all the LittleBig things that got “leaked” (I hope those screenshots are true) of LBP HUB where the old English Seaside background was revitalised to be a boardwalk theme. This DLC is exactly what I wanted out of LBP HUB, but if I’m getting it now, I’m fine. You’re taking us through some of the most memorable themes of LittleBigPlanet 1, 2, and then some, and on top you tell us OddSock (The obviously most majestic of creatures) is getting a power-up that make he/she/it bounce around like a bouncy-up-and-down-thing, this is almost too much, you’re going to give us all that we’ve wanted.

Now, here’s a few questions…

Is LBP HUB -if it gets released and not turned into a DLC- going to be avail...

Show full comment

Now, here’s a few questions…

Is LBP HUB -if it gets released and not turned into a DLC- going to be available on PS4?
Were those screenshots that I mentioned real (if you aren’t aware of what I mean, just Google “LittleBigPlanet

HUB Beta”, it’s the one with the ice cream and the King)?

And most importantly, what’s the price range on this?

When are Sony going to do something about PS+ save game storage? A game like LBP3 takes up HALF of online storage for PS+, which should be unlimited like on Xbox One and not silly 1GB.

As long this issue is going on, LBP 3 can’t be recommended.

rocky_girl3222 09 June, 2015 @ 22:17

It would be cool if this was lbp4. Also, do the old charcters from the past games remember sackboy? I also think sackgirl should be introduced.

Sackboy-6784 10 June, 2015 @ 04:18

Do we get the LBP1 and LBP2 Costume Bits for Oddsock,Toggle,Swoop?

Steven Isbell 10 June, 2015 @ 09:54
18.1

There will be new costumes for OddSock, Toggle and Swoop that have been inspired by past LittleBigPlanet titles.

(If you look closely, you can see them in the screenshots above. ;) )

Sackboy-6784 11 June, 2015 @ 05:55
18.2

Thanks steveni! But i have a Great idea. Can you add the LBP1 Pod Background?

RedHotSackboy 11 June, 2015 @ 16:17
18.3

Man i loved the LBP 1 Pod Background!

mrbiggs2002 10 June, 2015 @ 04:35

Looks absolutely stunning! Are we going to be able to free roam around each creators land?

You know, I pointed that out the 1st few days after the release of LBP3? (no one ever listens to me)
My Adventure (Abandoned)
The gang returns to the Gardens where they are welcomed home, as heroes for their defeat of the Titans! But not is all well, as they learn everyone is happy; Except one who is not happy at all, Frennc. Then the King (pleased by his brave efforts for saving Bunkum) shows SackThing something Ancient, upon which the night of The Blue Moon its radiance lighting the lands and, a doorway opens! Curious as he is; SackThing then enters, and runs into a dilemma. (Thrown back in time to before CraftWorld came into existence, here he meets new friends and an all new Journey to save it from a new enemy.)

Sound familiar? It should, its my story.

Steven Isbell 10 June, 2015 @ 09:56
20.1

Sounds awesome!

If you ever complete this Adventure, you should definitely share it with everyone looking to get a nostalgia-kick in LittleBigPlanet! :)

Looks awesome! I’m wondering though how valuable this will be for those who have items imported from LBP1 and 2; aside from the increased resolution and detail, would it really be that important to get the same items a second time?

Personally I’ve always wondered why we can’t pop in a disc of LBP1/2, synch it with a gamesave of the PSN Profile currently in use, and then get the Adventures of those two games in. Maybe that’s what LBP Hub will be for? To be frank I’ve also always been sad that the stuff in the PSP and PSVita titles never made the jump to consoles either.

But hey, I’ll take what I can get, and this looks really, really cool regardless. Here’s hoping Avalonia will be there!

I’m trying to import my items from LBP 1 LBP 2 But I still missing many costumes, objects and ornaments. For example I do not have any purpose of paragraph lights.

Forgiveness is not much English and I’m using google translator.

SakuraLBPDragonX 10 June, 2015 @ 20:23

This is awesome! =3 I can’t wait until this Adventure DLC Pack! =D You guys are doing an amazing job! :)

I believe you can make LittleBigPlanet 3 the best! Like how LBP2 is right now ;)

Steven, are we gonna see Negativitron?

rocky_girl3222 13 June, 2015 @ 03:19

Fan-made LBP4 story. Sackboy and his friends are taking an early stroll in craftworld until they hear a loud KABOOM and CRASH. They go to see what had caused the noise, then see a women pilot (or man) on the floor he gets up to see them staring at him. He/she introduces themself and tells them they need to find all the pieces to his/her ship so he/she can get back on the road. When they are in progress of finding the pieces to the ship, an evil looking pilot comes up and tricks them into breaking the pieces of the ship. While she/he scolds them, the evil pilot tells her/he that its their fault they destroyed the pieces and the evil pilot trys to take over craftworld and bunkum and a new place called wixin. They try to stop the evil pilot from destroying the imagine fear. When they say their final goodbye’s. They have archived their goal.

xGhost7304x 20 June, 2015 @ 04:30

I wanted a crown but now I know you need to earn it I thought you need to buy it well now I know

when is lbp3 dlc coming home coming out july when

Nullmage1336 05 July, 2015 @ 09:36

Hello, how much will cost the DLC ” The Journey Home” ?

We close the comments for posts after 30 days.

Edit history