PlayStation Store now supports Arabic!

Browse and shop in one of the most widely spoken languages on the planet

After the positive feedback we had from announcing Arabic support on PlayStation 4 we’re really pleased to announce that PlayStation Store now also supports the Arabic language.

We’re committed to providing the best experiences for our players on PlayStation and the addition of the Arabic language on PS Store now allows you to browse and shop in one of the most widely spoken languages on the planet.

But that’s not all! For players in Saudi Arabia, PS Store also now accepts purchases made via CashU – the safe and secure payment method customised to suit, serve and support Arabic speaking countries. For more information on CashU, take a look here.

In order to access Arabic, you will need to have a PSN account associated with Saudi Arabia, United Arab Emirates, Kuwait, Qatar, Oman, Bahrain or Lebanon and follow the simple instructions outlined below…

Via your PlayStation 4

• Go to [Settings] > [PlayStation Network/Account Management] > [Account Information] > [Language]
  • Enter your password, select “Arabic” from the drop down menu and select [Confirm]
  • Select [Confirm] in the new language

Via your web browser

• Go to Account Management. You can reach Account Management in a number of ways:
    • PlayStation App: Tap [PlayStation Store] on the home screen and go to [Online ID] > [Account Settings]
    • PlayStation Store: Sign in, go to your Online ID at the top of the page and click [Account Settings]
  • Click here and sign in for the account management site
  • Go to [Account] > [Account Details] and under [Identity] select [Edit]
  • Choose “Arabic” and save your changes
33 Comments
0 Author replies
UAE-WAHDAWI 09 June, 2015 @ 11:04

Thanks sony <3

Gamesgbkiller 09 June, 2015 @ 11:07

Looking forward to see what’s the next big thing!

This is not necessarily a good thing. Sony are blocking games that doesn’t have Arabic store text and they have done this for months now. So this means you guys will get fewer games in total.

TerrorOfDeath86 09 June, 2015 @ 12:01
3.1

That’s unfortunately true, I contacted a certain publisher on why their game was not available on the Saudi store. They said that it was rejected by SCEE for not having Arabic meta-data (Description, product info and such), now they’ve to translate it to Arabic and resubmit it for approval.

3.2

Thats strange; the dutch store is a mess and contains descriptions in caps, lowercase, dutch, english, danish etc so you’d think they could just pick another language. They seem to do so completely random here!!

XR-NOFEAR17 10 June, 2015 @ 04:39
3.3

The thing above and we miss a lot of things. Just give us English like almost any game is anyway. This is just poor support that is forced into us. There is not even a choice to choose between English or Dutch. I don’t need stuf that went trough google translate and nobody understand. Most of us just want to be able to use English and get all of the games and other stuff!! Why don’t you understand this Sony?

This is great!! But so bad, maybe, will you force devs to translate their store info into Arabic as well? Indie devs will not manage, smaller devs in general will not manage.
Sure the community will help bit why force store info into a language the games doesn’t support? That’s just madness :(

What I actually wish for is an option to have PSN and the store in English instead of the language associated with my country.

Huh? Isn’t that possible now? I have English in Sweden. Just chose that language at the setup. British English even :)

TerrorOfDeath86 09 June, 2015 @ 12:17
5.2

What Rildiz is saying is you can choose the language you want for the store, for me my choices were English and Arabic. Just follow the instructions stated in the blog post above and choose English.

5.3

The options likely vary based on your country. On my PS4 I do not get the Language option at all and on the SEN website it is locked into Dutch, without the possibility to change it.

Show more replies

For anyone interested in this announcement in Arabic it’s posted in the AR PlayStation Forum: http://bit.ly/PSStore_AR

http://bit.ly/PSStore_AR متجر بلايستيشن متوفر الآن باللغة العربية. اقرأ هنا للمزيد من المعلومات

DiazVice1999 09 June, 2015 @ 13:23

And I’m here waitng for Greek to be supported by the PS4 menu and the PS Store :(
Any news about that?

I wish the rules on localisation were relaxed across the board.

SERGEANT-Q6R 09 June, 2015 @ 14:53

Thanks ^_^

Do you need Visa card for CashU or does ‘any’ card work?

PG-Wackiest 09 June, 2015 @ 18:48

Good work Sony! Always glad to see services becoming more accessible :)

Stonesthrow 09 June, 2015 @ 18:58

I actually wouldn’t mind the ps store being in English instead of Dutch (in my case), or have the option to choose so. When there’s more DLC available and things become more unclear it can be a hassle to translate and see if you got the right DLC sometimes :d I think they should atleast leave the title in English as to avoid confusion..
Then again, it always amazes me to see so many people play in their own language instead of with the original voiceovers, so it might just a personal preference :p

What about hebrew? Usually Hebrew and Arabic support comes together

CoolRichy007UK 09 June, 2015 @ 22:34
13.1

:D

While I am very happy about this, what I would prefer is an option to change my account’s country to anything else in the same region, just so I can play PSVita games, please Sony, give us the option!

Despite being Polish, I much prefer English version. That said, welcome to PlayStation Store our Arabic friends!

“In order to access Arabic, you will need to have a PSN account associated with Saudi Arabia, United Arab Emirates, Kuwait, Qatar, Oman, Bahrain or Lebanon”

Why? What point could there possibly be in actively preventing people from choosing their own preferred language just because they’re in the ‘wrong’ country?

It’s one thing to regionalise actual games availability, but quite another to force – not default, force – a UI preference. That’s crazy.

16.1

Never really thought about this. When worded like that it does seem rather backwards, especially as many countries support multiple languages. If the account is US registered for example you have the choice of American, French, Italian and Spanish.

So it’s definitely possible to do what you are asking for, its just the very simple matter of implementation.

CoolRichy007UK 09 June, 2015 @ 22:33

its good that sony added the language but its BAD that all games that come out on the ps4 not all games will goto Saudi Arabia, United Arab Emirates, Kuwait, Qatar, Oman, Bahrain or Lebanon if I was incharge of sony I would see to it all games goto all countrys

Don’t get your hopes up. In finnish language Vita store so many game descriptioins have clearly been done with Google Translate that it is not even funny anymore.

I wouldn’t be so happy about it… once Polish store got its “Polish” language, we stopped getting games or getting lots of google translated store product descriptions….

RodrigoSharingan 11 June, 2015 @ 00:40

From what i see above,
I think im one of the lucky non-english language countries that has a good/ decent store translation. Everything is translated to portuguese and doesn’t seem to be anything wrong. I do like the idea of being given the freedom to choose what language you want in your store.

We close the comments for posts after 30 days.

Edit history