Posted

Double Discounts sale starts today, with extra savings for PS Plus members

PS Plus’ 5th anniversary celebrations kick off with some great deals

Hi Everyone. This week we’ve got huge savings on some of the very best PS4 games for everyone – but best of all, if you’re a PS Plus member you get double the discount. Not yet a member? It’s not too late – sign up today to take advantage of these great deals!

Please note, we also have a range of deals on PS3, PS Vita and digital-only titles starting today. For a full list of those offers, go here.

I guess you could say this kicks off our PlayStation Plus 5th Anniversary celebrations; we’ve had an amazing adventure with PS Plus over the last five years and we’re so happy that you have been here to enjoy it with us. Over the coming weeks we’ve planned a few activities to celebrate, so keep an eye out for the opportunity to win a five-star trip to Gamescom, as well as chances to win five year PS Plus subscription via the PlayStation Foru.

For now let’s crack on with the savings! These will run from today until 24th June so there really is no better time to double up on a few bargains!

The Last of Us Remastered

Original price €99.99/£74.99/AU$137.95

Mortal Kombat X
Standard discount 10%; PS Plus discount 20%
Original price €69.99/£49.99/AU$99.95

The LEGO Movie Videogame
Original price €59.99/£54.99/AU$84.95

Remember, if you’ve not got access to your PS4, PS3 or PS Vita then you can also buy through our online store.

Did you enjoy this?

Comments

80 Comments 0 Author replies
Show oldest first

“That’s not all though, we will also be rewarding those that have been with us since the very start with a little gift. I won’t spoil the surprise now but keep a look out for more details of this in the coming weeks.”

I’ve been a member since the start except for an hour or so earlier this year when it didn’t renew because of a card change, hope that doesn’t rule me out lol.

It was actually less than 10 minutes 😛

cthulhu85 10 June, 2015 @ 12:53 pm

I hope it’s Towerfall: Dark World finally being released in EU, even if that seems highly unlikely to ever happen.

Envirasu 10 June, 2015 @ 1:01 pm

I’m wondering the same thing. I’m fairly certain I signed up at the start; I still have all the pre-IGC freebies e.g. the Sega titles, Burnout Paradise etc. I may have stopped for a few months at some point, though. Guess time will tell.

heh, I know that feel. I’ve been a member since they started selling that here in Sweden…which was a month(or more) later I believe than the rest of the bigger countries in Europe 😛

I’ve been a member since the revamp in June 2012. I hope that’s what they mean, otherwise bleh.

solarwind12 10 June, 2015 @ 3:49 pm

Am thinking it’ll just be for those of us who subscribed from pre igc days, be harsh if it’s solely day1 or a few days lapse causes problems, then again i been with plus (not darned igc lol) since Hour1, so maybe it Should be strict, also fingers crossed it’s something unique.. obviously it’s not on this AC, lol remember back then when mini’s where part of it all, at least i got my (3year) Killzone beta from it though, serious, the beta lasted 3 years and Was good, had full game am just saying.. can’t wait to see excatly what’ll be. IF ps4 was like ps3’s avatar/background i’d like for a unique one o those, but will take another lenghty beta instead, perhaps Uncharted4 this time?, can only hope i guess.

Thought tropico would be on offer this week, saw it advertised on Monday night. Great game (and something a little different) for those who don’t have it.
Anyway, may finally get around to metro for £14.99, Heard really good things about those , but doubt I’ll be able to finish them before batman…..
Also is Diablo like the baldurs gate games on ps2? used to love those, looking for something similar on ps4.

There’re demos for both the Metro games on PS4 now, so you might want to try those out to see if you like the games. There’s also a demo for Diablo 3 on PS3. Diablo is similar in style to the Baldur’s Gate games, but I personally found it very repetitive and dull in comparison. Lots of other people think differently, though.

Chocobo115 10 June, 2015 @ 12:52 pm   3

Will maybe pick up Bastion. Hope to see Shovel Knight and Axiom Verge on sale in the future.

Awesome.
Even for me that im going to buy a PS4 for this summer?

What if i subscribed near the beginning, but not quite at day dot? BibleThump

spacedelete2 10 June, 2015 @ 12:58 pm   6

5 year anniversary of PS Plus and all you give us this month was indie shovelware and a glorified demo. remember when PS Plus used to be good ? I do.

Clouduot 10 June, 2015 @ 1:00 pm   7

When is Bastion arriving on Vita? It was previously announced that this was a cross buy title. Is this still happening? If so you have a sale here

yorkshire101 10 June, 2015 @ 1:01 pm   8

yay my birthday is on monday so guess i knw where ill be spending my money im sure ill find something to tide me over untill Batman

CoolRichy007UK 10 June, 2015 @ 9:40 pm

Happy birthday

CoolRichy007UK 10 June, 2015 @ 9:45 pm

Well i pre ordered my batman game from psn £79.99 if you say you get it cheeper on ebay etc you buy it from ebay . digital games rocks they never scratch never break and last 4 ever

Faustofausto 10 June, 2015 @ 1:05 pm   9

So only PS4 Plus users deserves a huge* discounts?

*huge= at the US Store 50% off for Plus users is a regular deal.

INS1GHTFUL 10 June, 2015 @ 1:06 pm   10

Bastion and metro last light for me. Diablo 3 is a maybe. Good sale though
I’ve been with plus since day 1. Looking forward to the reveal.

counterUAVbaby 10 June, 2015 @ 1:07 pm   11

Instead of giving something great for free on your 5th Anniversary, you give us sales on indies! Congrats Sony. Roll on 6th Anniversary where we will get nothing at all!

Yes look at all those indies on sale! Bastion, and surgeon simulator.

counterUAVbaby 10 June, 2015 @ 1:27 pm

Yes they are indies, dant.

NorthernFusion 10 June, 2015 @ 1:32 pm

Please be quiet. Adults are talking.

dr_nick33 10 June, 2015 @ 1:40 pm

Seriously? You are complaining? What an absolute waste of space.

CoolRichy007UK 10 June, 2015 @ 9:48 pm

ps4 just keep getting worse just let the usa run the eu psn they got better games and dr nick33 is right i think mr fusion had to many sweetys

Porcupeth00 10 June, 2015 @ 1:10 pm   12

The deals would be better if the original prices weren’t so outrageous to begin with..

zalwelgoedgaan 10 June, 2015 @ 1:14 pm   13

Any chance for discounts on PS+ subscriptions?

Capzilla 10 June, 2015 @ 1:18 pm   14

Please stop with all these discounts, why would anyone ever buy anything at full price again when within a few months they can get it for half the price?

Are you serious? Even at 50% off these discounts only bring prices in line with the US PSN or physical discs, it’s really nothing. Besides, the games at 50% off are more than “a few months” old now.

Capzilla 11 June, 2015 @ 11:23 am

It’s a luxury complaint: I’ve spent €70 on these games while most are still on my backlog, so that sucks (for me).

adumr82 10 June, 2015 @ 1:30 pm   15

Double discount on the last of us yet I can still get it cheaper for a US account, was like £8 from CD keys this week.

killaruna 10 June, 2015 @ 2:22 pm

so then get it brah. how have you still not gotten last of us yet?

adumr82 10 June, 2015 @ 6:55 pm

Because I got the Joel edition on ps3 so don’t feel like being ripped off for the ps4 version

Thanks for the heads up on CDkeys, also check out gamedealdaily, TLOU has been $12usd for months, that’s £8.

Smash_41 10 June, 2015 @ 1:37 pm   16

I highly recommend White Night. Great game for less than a tenner.

darkdudes_2 10 June, 2015 @ 1:41 pm   17

I though lately about buying the last of Us remastered edition, so i am grateful for the good price 🙂

IAMHUZO 10 June, 2015 @ 1:47 pm   18

and i bhought Borderlands : The Handsome Collection on Saturday…

howboutthisthen 10 June, 2015 @ 1:48 pm   19

Will there be a double discounts sale on PS3/PSV?

I hope the celebration on five years of PS+ isn’t just for the console that’s only been around for 18 months!

adumr82 10 June, 2015 @ 1:50 pm   20

Does that mean drive club is nearly ready?

Noctis_91 10 June, 2015 @ 1:52 pm   21

Hi Chris is there any chance that Danganronpa 2 will go on sale soon?

Ehh, I wanted both Sherlock and Bastion for PS4, but I won’t make it within one prepaid card.

LeeRoye 10 June, 2015 @ 2:03 pm   23

Why not list the Discounted price rather showing the original price and then the % discount. It makes no sense, i want to know the price im paying now not what it used to be.

MattDark86 10 June, 2015 @ 2:09 pm   24

Not to disrupt the talk of sales, but are you guys any closer to fixing the DLC issues for Dead or Alive 5 last round? Its been 3 weeks now and the latest batch of costumes aren’t working properly for season pass holders.

7 of the costumes are working (Via DOA5s in-game store) but the remaining 9 are still unavailable.

I keep asking Jawad on the weekly store update, but he keeps ignoring me and the others asking about it.

Jawad (or Fred), I would appreciate if you took the time to help me with an issue I have.
I just bought the Walking Dead: Season 2 season pass from the previous sale, but it doesn’t show up in my download list! I can’t download the game I paid for. And yes, I did purchase the correct version (ps3 from my ps3 console).

Thank you.

Capzilla 10 June, 2015 @ 2:34 pm

“Restore Licenses” might work, always helped me out with missing content.

MattDark86 10 June, 2015 @ 2:35 pm

Good luck PKfan, at the moment, the guys here are as about as useful as a bucket full of holes.

solarwind12 10 June, 2015 @ 3:39 pm

Do you already have episode1, season 1 installed on your console?, am sure it is required, it actually says it’s required in order to play but with tou having a problem maybe it’s actually needed there before you can download any of the season 2 content, hope so as ep1 season1 is free anyway, so try that if noone else can help..

ebeneezergud24 10 June, 2015 @ 6:11 pm

I had the same problem a few weeks back you will have to download through the online store that was the only way I could get them to download to my ps4

Wolfenstein New Order with 70% off looks tempting… worth a play?

The__Ewan 10 June, 2015 @ 2:41 pm

It’s got to be at that price; that’s quite a bit cheaper even that Amazon’s retail price.

Oddly enough though, this makes the original full game the same price as the Old Blood DLC/expansion/whatever, which is a bit strange.

RedMustang72 10 June, 2015 @ 5:30 pm

I picked up The New Order for £15 via Amazon some time ago, and The Old Blood for £14 which I’ve still to play, the prices will likely drop again if retail is a priority. As for the game, yeah, it’s worth a play, I had a lot of fun with it, and well worth the £15…

buraspo 10 June, 2015 @ 2:33 pm   27

WoW gonna grab some 🙂 gr thx

crashb648 10 June, 2015 @ 2:42 pm   28

So the season pass for the Crew has been discounted again. (Good Sales today by the way)

I’m wondering if it’s safe to buy the Season pass for Driveclub?

I didn’t want to buy it and then it goes on sale.

Graffin_G 10 June, 2015 @ 3:09 pm

Yeah, i’m holding off on buying the season pass for Driveclub as well. Been burnt way too many times with buying other season passes at full price then having them drastically reduced a week or two later.

Hilaveli 11 June, 2015 @ 8:01 am

I’m also waiting for that discount. I guess we might have to wait until August as the scheduled dlc content ends in July. Although even without the season pass, it seems I have so many races within the game to play. It would be great to have access to all the cars.

I bought the game not too long ago, and I’ve been quite happy with it. Well, except for the part where other cars constantly ram into mine. Compared to the reviews which had so many bad things to say about it, I would recommend Driveclub to anyone who enjoys racing games.

didsburydan 10 June, 2015 @ 2:59 pm   29

really want to buy metro redux… but with it being on sale yet again, and the new extended trial/demo version on the store, i’m gonna bet that they are trying to get the last few sales out of it before it ends up on ps plus. i think i’ll wait.

Fleexie 10 June, 2015 @ 3:06 pm   30

There are some few games I will pick up there. Definitely. Just sad that this is one of the months I prioritize my money differently so I don’t allocate so much on buying games. That said this sale along with what Steam is going to have soon, it’s going to be a matter of picking and choosing.

Anyway sadly I haven’t been a PS+ member for all those 5 years. Actually I think I have for maybe a little under 4 years, not entirely sure though.

We can always criticize when we dislike something, and we almost always does that. However this time, I think it’s time to at least say some nice words too, there are some good deals among this blog post and also on the other regarding PS3 and Vita. So yea good work, of course we can always say, we want better deals. But good work. Definitely going to get some games.

Sensational marketing bubble. Instead I would suggest “only half the discounts without PlayStation Plus”, as a headline. Infamous, nowhere near delivering the promise: bought a €19,99-“Second Son” here months ago.

aridane1980 10 June, 2015 @ 3:31 pm   32

Give me a discount on the season pass for Driveclub and my money is yours.

jarekmasta 10 June, 2015 @ 3:40 pm   33

Tomb Rider is a steal, even if I played it on PS3. I was going to grab i eventually to replay it and seems it was worth the wait! Thanks for that! Last of us is also nice, although you can grab a retail version for about 10 euro more. Pretty nice sale overall, something for everyone, even if some of the titles are on sale not the first time!

Almost all of these can be got cheaper at retail (in the UK)- the original prices are outrageous. Only one that hasn’t dropped this low I believe is Tropico 5 (though its been far cheaper on PC already)

If anyone wants to know where for a game, i’ll happily oblige (as long as it doesn’t get be banned or something)

Clubremix_Guetta 10 June, 2015 @ 5:55 pm   35

What game isn’t far cheaper on PC? Sigh.

Ricz1001 10 June, 2015 @ 6:01 pm   36

Mortal Kombat looks so tempting…..

somethingatt 10 June, 2015 @ 6:11 pm   37

How many minutes would it take out of your day to put the discounted prices on here?

Stonesthrow 10 June, 2015 @ 6:42 pm   38

Evil within tempting at that price but I’ll wait for the physical copy’s prize to drop more. Would get Last of us at that prize too were it not for the huge size, so I’ll wait for the physical to drop too. 25 is the pricedrop where they usually become tempting to me on PSN ^^ Anything over is too much for too long of a wait for a game I might not even like :p The bar keepeth rising!

Skydancerx 10 June, 2015 @ 8:19 pm   39

Well nice to see we have finally nearly the same Plus Discount Range then the US (50% and more).
But the “Sale” is still disappointing.
Why? Because of the ridiculous Start Pricing. Lego Movie has a RRP for 39,99€ (not 59,99) for the “Discount” Price a can buy the Disc.
Diablo RRP to high, Farcry RRP to high, WWE2K15 RRP to high. Evil wihtin RRP to High, Wolfenstein RRP to high. Mortal Kombat X is cheaper on Disc. So why should i buy in the Store?

xSleazyPMartinix 10 June, 2015 @ 9:18 pm   40

The one game I want to buy on the list “Ride” only has a demo available. What gives?

Why? Just tell me why you do this to us? Great job at ripping us off again…

Metro Redux is only showing a 30% Plus discount. So which is right, that or the 50% mentioned above.

dieselakita 11 June, 2015 @ 1:13 am   43

well CoolRichy007UK you carry on getting ripped of with download version yes they never get scratched and last forever well unless your like a bull in a china shop that applise to the blueray disc which you will pay a cheaper price for and you dont need to use ebay for that better price and how many digital copies have you been able to get your money back on if your not happy with that game and how much do you get when you trade a game in when your done with it as i said if your happy to been ripped off you go for it

Thoraxe_666 12 June, 2015 @ 1:39 am   44

Is this sale for Europe only? I’m in the US and none of these games are listed for sale prices…

Vylkeer 12 June, 2015 @ 11:24 am

Exactly what I was wondering. I have an US PSN as well and on the US PS Store I can’t see any of these discounts.

Vylkeer 12 June, 2015 @ 11:24 am   45

Are these PS Plus discounts available on the US PS Store? I can only notice AU Dollars, Euros and British Pounds.