Posted

Minecraft gets LittleBigPlanet DLC, Minecon pack & free updates this week

Heaps of new content incoming for Mojang’s DIY world-builder

Hello! I bring DLC news for PlayStation players and a whole heap of extra updates – read on!

LittleBigPlanet meets Minecraft!

Good news for LittleBigPlanet fans! A brand-new mash-up pack featuring Sackboy, Sackgirl OddSock, Toggle, Swoop and many more, is on its way to Minecraft on PlayStation.

LittleBigPlanet_PS4_Screenshot_1

Mash up packs let you change the way Minecraft looks. This one lets you LittleBigPlanet-ify your Minecraft world with textures, characters and creatures from Media Molecule’s adorable platformer. It even comes with a pre-build landscape and some catchy tunes taken straight from the game. What more could a LittleBigMinecrafter possibly want?

The LittleBigPlanet Mash-up pack will be available to download from 1st July. It’ll cost £3.29/€3.99.

LittleBigPlanet_PS4_Screenshot_3LittleBigPlanet_PS4_Screenshot_6

The Minecon 2015 Skin Pack

Even more DLC news for y’all! To celebrate the awesomeness that is this week’s Minecon 2015, we’re releasing a free bundle of skins. This pack is extra-special because it features Alex and Steve wearing a selection of smart capes.

The Minecon 2015 pack will be available just until 15th July, so grab it quickly from PlayStation Store! You’ve got nothing to lose but your bandwidth!

MineCon2015_PS4_Lineup_4xSteveMineCon2015_PS4_Lineup_4xAlex

Minecraft getting flatter, woodier, more optionier!

That’s not all though, we’ve also got some free updates for you! Everyone love those, right?

From tomorrow, Minecraft on PlayStation will be updated to version 1.17, bringing a heap of exciting tweaks and additions. Here are a few highlights:

• Offended by mountains and caverns? Worry not, strange crafter, because now you have the option to customise your super flat worlds so they’re only as vertical as you desire.
  • New blocks! Oak, Spruce, Birch, and Jungle wood types. Fences, Gates, and Doors! Create the log cabin of your dreams with 1.17.
  • A heap of new game options! Change the game mode, difficulty, time, player spawn position, ambient cave sounds, and weather without leaving your game session. Very handy.
  • Classic crafting! Now console players get to craft items just like their PC buddies on Java Minecraft. Some players find this style of creation more satisfying. Check it out.
  • New stuff! Iron Trapdoors, Inverted Daylight Sensors, Book & Quills, and Stained Glass have arrived. Use them wisely, and for good, please.

Phew, that’s a lot to get stuck in to. Download and be merry!

PS3_TU25_03_StainedGlassPS3_TU25_04_DoorsPS3_TU25_05_Beacon_V3
51 Comments
0 Author replies

Hi Owen. Will this be for psvita too?

Pleasepleaseplease

1.1

All PlayStation versions.

It has to be due to the cross-play.

I hope so…ATM I cannot find the lp skins on the store….

1.3

The skins won’t be available until the store update tomorrow.

Show more replies

I meant LittleBigPlanet skins

I think this all comes out tomorrow, guessing the update will be available before the store updates with the skins. Oh and looks like LBP skins are only in the mashup pack.

3.1

Yea, same as the Skyrim, Mass Effect and Xmas Mash-Ups.

3.2

Also, if it’s anything like the previous mash-up packs, it *won’t* be cross-buy

That caught a lot of people out so I thought I should mention it.

3.3

PS3 and Vita are the only ones that are cross-play and cross-buy.

It really annoys me because I have to purchase again if I want it on PS4.

ShadowGandalf 30 June, 2015 @ 19:29

I just want Redstone to work properly. I have an official Redstone book, but things in there don’t work on ps4 version.

CoolRichy007UK 30 June, 2015 @ 19:39
4.1

I got 3 minecraft books :D

CoolRichy007UK 30 June, 2015 @ 19:38

Finally we get the tu25 update and a mashup pack only for ps4 ps3 vita so xbox will never get the lbp pack good its about time we had packs xbox will never get :D

DiazVice1999 30 June, 2015 @ 20:33

The LittleBig Planet Skin Pack is EPIC!
Too bad it’s not free but still worth it!
Good job 4J Studios!

sleepybird18 30 June, 2015 @ 20:47

Please stop showing me this. I going to have ro rob a bank to get them. LOL.

CoolRichy007UK 30 June, 2015 @ 21:35
7.1

Good luck with that

Super_Star_900 01 July, 2015 @ 06:24

Will this be out at midnight or maybe morning

OH YEAH LBP!!!!!!!!!!

Yeah great but where is the infinitive world? I think PS4 is enough strong to handle a pixelated game,you can play on a 8 year laptop 60fps /w infinitive worlds.I think PS4 is time to have that update,either all consoles.just make it.

10.1

The size of worlds depends on the amount of memory a system has.

PC’s have a lot of RAM and can be upgraded, which is why worlds are seemingly infinite when in fact they’re not.

Consoles have fixed RAM, which means that worlds have to be a fixed size. Any bigger and the memory will run out, lagging and then crashing the game.

PS4 offers worlds 36 times bigger than the PS3 and Vita Editions due to the fact it has 8GB GDDR RAM.

I wish we could get spawns above the nether and have the same spawn principles it takes to build some of the worthwhile iron farmss also

6 months for glass and fences just doesnt seem right on 2 me im hoping theres more 2 it

CoolRichy007UK 01 July, 2015 @ 09:37
12.1

If you read the POST its more then glass and fences!!!!

CoolRichy007UK 01 July, 2015 @ 09:42
12.2

Oh and as the post says 1.17 out today NOT tomorrow or Friday so sony better push the update today as the post says and we dont have to wait like 3 days like the last update was and when it says 1.17 is out today it means today no delays

As happy as I am with stained glass, the lack of mesa biomes is really holding me back.

It’s unfortunate that’s it’s probably not possible to get the new wood types in existing worlds without going into creative mode…

These Pictures are inaccurate, The doors do not match up at all. They are different in the skin packs.

15.1

The doors are dependant on the Texture Pack. They’re not all part of the base game.

15.2

Also the 10 doors on the Bottom Left are Xbox Exclusive Doors.

15.3

The bottom right is the Steampunk Pack, which is on both versions with only minor differences on a couple of doors.

@MaxDiehard Read what I said, They are not matching the Texture Packs. All the Oak and Iron Doors are different in the Skin Packs (I own all current Skin Packs)

Also the Textures and Resolutions are completely off. This Image is clearly not made for the PS4/PS3/PS Vita

16.1

They’re Texture Packs, not skins.

Skin Packs are the costumes.

16.2

@MaxDiehard A Texture is a Skin for something, regardless of how you want to word it. These Images are incorrect. Stop being so bloody dense.

16.3

I’m a game developer, i’m well aware of what texture is. It’s also called a material which is applied to a model.

But i’m being game specific, in Minecraft, DLC is defined into 2 catagories.

Texture Packs for world models and all over texture replacment.

Skin Packs are textures specific to players and NPCs.

As for the image, only one of those is actually an Xbox exclusive and that’s the Halo Pack on the bottom left. The one to the right of that is the Steampunk Pack, but there are some slight changes in the versions.

The Halo one is in place of the default texture pack.

Show more replies

Is the LBP DLC available for the USA market or is it just in Europe? If it is available in USA when is the release date? I have gone to the Minecraft store and to the mashup packs and LBP is not there. Any help is appreciated.

MikeyTheGamer23 02 July, 2015 @ 21:13
17.1

The LBP DLC is available for purchase in America and its about $3.99

As I was saying in my Posts now with Pictures, Some of these Doors are not correct at all and the Resolution and Textures are off.

https://twitter.com/BTHRZeroX/status/616300527064903680 (Default, Steam Punk, Skyrim, and Plastic)

https://twitter.com/BTHRZeroX/status/616300879252193280 (Cartoon, Pattern, Natural, and Mass Effect)

https://twitter.com/BTHRZeroX/status/616301138577629184 (Little Big Planet, Festive, Fantasy, and City)

https://twitter.com/BTHRZeroX/status/616301228918743041 (Candy)

Also there are Two Texture Packs on the Blog Picture that are Xbox Exclusives!!!

So I misinterpreted things, and expected Acacia and Black Oak. Too bad…
But I should be able to change gme mode and difficulty while not having to exit the game? I don’t see where I do that.

Mr_MageeZaks 01 July, 2015 @ 22:01

I have looked everywhere I can think to look and I am not seeing any of the new in-game option settings. No setting for weather, or time of day, or game mode, or difficulty… Can anyone help. This is a great change for use with my mob grinder. I don’t have to back out of the game each time I want to use it..

20.1

You need to check the Host Privileges box when creating a new world.

20.2

That doesn’t help with existing worlds…

xxHunterKillxx 02 July, 2015 @ 00:06

It’s keep saying I have to connect to psn but I’m all ready logged in can someone please help

21.1

You’d be better off asking that on your own blog. This is the EU one.

I Love This New Update Thank You Mojang And 4J Studios

RedHotSackboy 02 July, 2015 @ 16:04

Finally I Can Die Happy Now!

MikeyTheGamer23 02 July, 2015 @ 21:11

This is awesome and all but the minecon skin pack ain’t downloading for me…it gets almost done then it says waiting to install and I left it alone and it still hasn’t downloaded so if someone could help that would be fabulous…thanks!!

ITS ERROR STOPED MEEEEE

slayerking69 03 July, 2015 @ 01:02

Be nice if I could download it.

I really want to buy this mashup. And the cape pack. I have money for the two DLCs. But i have a question…I live on Brazil and i want to know when it be launch here.. Please…I really love LBP and Minecraft.

We close the comments for posts after 30 days.

Edit history