PlayStation Plus in July: Rocket League, Geometry Wars 3, Entwined, more

Styx: Master of Shadows, Mousecraft and Rain also join the service

Hi everyone. I hope everyone has got over the excitement of E3? I’m sure we can all agree the next 12 months are going to be very exciting in the gaming universe – and it’s also a very exciting time for PlayStation Plus! Not only are we celebrating our fifth anniversary but it’s also time to let you know about all the goodies coming your way this July.

Oh, and before I forget, from this month onwards the PS Plus monthly games will be updating on Tuesdays not Wednesdays so make sure you grab them as soon as they become available.

Rocket League (PS4)

First up this month on PS4, the hugely anticipated action sports title Rocket League – an arena-based, futuristic vehicle sports game that will test your driving and stunting skills like never before. Take matters into your own hands in this visceral vehicle sports game. Soar high into the air to score amazing goals, perform incredible saves using the vehicles’ acrobatic abilities, and demolish enemy players at supersonic speeds.

Entwined (PS4, PS Vita)

Make sure you pick up the memorable Entwined on PS4 and PS Vita this month. Witness the tale of a bird and a fish who are in love but can never be together. Test your reflexes and hand-eye coordination skills to guide them both simultaneously over the course of nine unique lifetimes in a journey to unite their souls. Feel the emotional flow of the journey through a mesmerising soundtrack and abstract art style and set high scores to leave your friends trailing behind in challenge mode.

Styx: Master of Shadows (PS4)

Next up, Styx Master of Shadows, a stealth game with clever RPG elements. Guide Styx through the winding Tower of Akenash, prowling through the shadows with aide of a host of special abilities. With magical Amber running through your veins, what you lack in might you more than make up for with stealth, as the golden elixir – often heavily guarded – raises your perception, sharpens your senses, and even offers the ability to turn you invisible for short periods of time.

Mousecraft (PS4, PS3, PS Vita)

Next, Mousecraft – a smart puzzle adventure from the team at Curve. Discover an epic tale of a crazy cat scientist who is striving to unlock the potential of a mysterious mouse-powered machine. Help a group of mice in their relentless quest for cheese, guiding them to their goal by stacking different types of Tetromino’s along their path.

Rain (PS3)

Rain is the enchanting tale of a boy who chases after a girl with an invisible silhouette. After discovering that the girl is being hunted by ghostly creatures, he embarks on his own journey to save her. Upon entering the world he discovers that he has also become invisible and he must learn to navigate through the unknown, using the rain to guide and protect him.

Geometry Wars 3: Dimensions (PS Vita)

After its successful launch on PS4, we are very pleased to announce that Geometry Wars 3: Dimensions Evolved is coming to PS Vita this July! This release brings the game’s new 3D grids, challenging new boss battles, and more to the powerhouse portable.

Also, don’t forget that DRIVECLUB: PlayStation Plus Edition is now available

In summary

Leaving PS Plus:

7th July: Metal Gear Solid V: Ground Zeroes (PS4)
7th July: Skulls of the Shogun: Bone-A-Fide Edition (PS4)
7th July: Call of Juarez: Gunslinger (PS3)
7th July: Cloudberry Kingdom (PS3)
7th July: Futuridium (PS4/PS Vita)
7th July: Super Exploding Zoo (PS4/PS Vita)

Entering PS Plus:

7th July: Rocket League (PS4)
7th July: Styx Master of Shadows (PS4)
7th July: rain (PS3)
7th July: Mousecraft (PS4/PS3/PS Vita)
7th July: Geometry Wars 3: Dimensions Evolved (PS Vita)
7th July: Entwined (PS4/PS Vita)
Available now: DRIVECLUB PS Plus Edition

Don’t miss out! Make sure add any of the games scheduled to leave the service to your download list now to ensure you get to play them!

Not a PlayStation Plus member? Then join today from just £5.49/€6.99 per month. To find out more visit our PlayStation Plus site.

Remember, if you’ve not got access to your PS4, PS3 or PS Vita then you can also buy through our online store.

Did you enjoy this?

281 Comments 0 Author replies
Show oldest first
Tagged_Deaf 1 July, 2015 @ 4:31 pm   1

Okay line-up for me, I’d thought so.

Never played any of three games (Styx, Rocket League and Mousecraft) so gotta give them a try!

jerrikoe 1 July, 2015 @ 7:22 pm

Well Rocket League is a completely new game, making its debut on the PS Store in the PS+ IGC lineup. I loved the beta, you should definitely give it a try.

CluckNuggets 1 July, 2015 @ 8:26 pm

Really? Looks like Supersonic Acrobatic Rocket-Powered Battle-Cars to me. In fact it’s made by the same developer and publisher!

MrSaintz 3 July, 2015 @ 3:29 pm

Yeap, Supersonic Acrobatic Rocket-Powered Battle-Cars all the way…no news…

Grillbar 4 July, 2015 @ 9:59 am

well rocket league looks like its basically super sonic acrobatic rocket powered battle cars for ps3. like so much that i would just call it a re-skin and a name change. ps+ has been kinda disappointing in the last few months. i thought they would step it up a bit when xbox launched there ps+ equivalent but they really have not.

ShadowDoGGG 4 July, 2015 @ 2:33 pm

American overlords couldn’t get it this week as the 1st began on the Wednesday. So we have to wait a week again. Love it Sony, I really do. Why aren’t we all boycotting Sony?

CluckNuggets 4 July, 2015 @ 7:36 pm

Because they make sexy games consoles and sexy games, that’s why!

SHEPOWY 1 July, 2015 @ 4:31 pm   2

Celebrating 5 years of PS Plus with one of the poorest line-ups in a long time. Seems legit.

tired-hippo 1 July, 2015 @ 4:45 pm

Its not a great line up…but cerainly not the worst (mostly because there have been some cack ones of late).

jasper2308 1 July, 2015 @ 4:51 pm

Rocket League makes this line-up great.

Calvinhermse 1 July, 2015 @ 5:06 pm

Poorest line-up in a long time? Please, it’s a pretty good line-up if you ask me.

CyraxPT 1 July, 2015 @ 5:06 pm

Eh, i wouldn’t say one of the poorest but it’s far from amazing, especially considering that Sony was celebrating 5 years of ps+ and the first week of sales is also poor (at least for ps4 users).
    Oh well, don’t mind giving Stynx and Rocket League a try, but god damn if including Entwined isn’t pathetic…

CyberEsquilo 1 July, 2015 @ 5:22 pm

Well, let’s see what happens when the time comes to celebrate 10 years ….

Calvinhermse 1 July, 2015 @ 5:23 pm

Geometry wars 3 looks like fun too, I had a blast with it when it was in PGR.

IvanLang 2 July, 2015 @ 4:06 am

For the players.

MrSaintz 3 July, 2015 @ 3:32 pm

Stynx seems ok, not amazing but at least I’ll download this one for a try, not like what happened in June…

MrSaintz 3 July, 2015 @ 3:35 pm

Stynx!!! 😀 I meant Styx….this is not good mistake, now I’m afraid the game will “stink” …

Pashta 7 July, 2015 @ 4:38 pm

Styx is a GREAT game.

Kind of a disappointing line-up considering we got awesome games like Metal Gear Solid and Call of Juarez last month.

idlehands1985 1 July, 2015 @ 4:33 pm   4

Was kinda hoping super meat boy would be released this month oh well maybe August

Alphaembryo 1 July, 2015 @ 4:34 pm   5

Click on one of the two comments below that corresponds better on how you feel about this ps+ update.
Please, click only one (and vote one time only), so that the results are representative of our feelings towards it. Thank you.

Alphaembryo 1 July, 2015 @ 4:34 pm

>> I enjoy this month’s ps+ update.

Alphaembryo 1 July, 2015 @ 4:35 pm

>> I don’t enjoy this month’s ps+ update.

SHEPOWY 1 July, 2015 @ 4:41 pm

Shouldn’t you be more worried about your finances than PS Plus seeing as you’re from Greece? 😛

Lance_87 1 July, 2015 @ 4:57 pm

This crap again?

johnnycide 1 July, 2015 @ 5:16 pm

I appreciate that Alphaembryo does this. SCEE had a poll for a couple of months but soon removed it when people could see how unpopular some games were. At least theres a possibility that someone may see this and think.

AkodoRyu 1 July, 2015 @ 5:38 pm

Pretty sure poll is still available. I’m like 90% sure I’ve filled poll for games 2 months back or last month.

Kalimist-020- 1 July, 2015 @ 6:06 pm

so how many ppl click this while not even owning a PS, dont have to sign in to vote u know.

Golwar 1 July, 2015 @ 6:16 pm

You probably found a poll on the US site.

In Europe they are scared by opinions. That’s why the ignore the comment section at least since last summer and why they tend to do the opposite, of what the polls suggest, if they dare to run a poll.

johnnytravels 1 July, 2015 @ 7:24 pm

@johnnycide: Oh my god, has Germany finally managed to convince everyone that Greece is to blame…?
    And in the same vein: shouldn’t you basically not get involved in European politics seeing that you’re from Britain?

johnnycide 1 July, 2015 @ 8:02 pm

I think you may have misdirected your comment. I would never make political remarks on here, let alone ones which belittle someone. That said, I hope Greece manages to turn the situation around, as the Greeks I’ve met have been an extremely pleasant and agreeable bunch.

hayzink 1 July, 2015 @ 4:35 pm   6

seems like a good line up to me

wanted to try styx but not enough to buy it so ill be happy to try that out, happy with the rest too

RedMustang72 1 July, 2015 @ 4:40 pm

Styx is a pretty decent stealth game, bought it some time ago, graphically it’s not pushing any limits, but it’s decent…not a bad story and a good challenge too…at times.

hayzink 1 July, 2015 @ 4:45 pm

It looks alright like you say not spectacular in the looks department but should still be fun

P4NCH0theD0G 1 July, 2015 @ 7:41 pm

Styx is great and then horrible when you notice that you cannot do certain things you would expect a nimble little Orc to do easily. Like round a corner when hanging from a ledge. Or move from one ledge to an adjacent one. But sadly, when you’re hanging somewhere, any break in the ledge, even if it’s just a tiny hole or 90° edge poses an insurmountable obstacle.
    And the fact, the even hanging from ledges has no command, but is go over the edge slowly, then press back…
    Also, there wasn’t a single update or patch to it, while the PC version received several, and no, it’s not as bug free as you might think…

cognac-vsop 1 July, 2015 @ 4:35 pm   7

Golwar 1 July, 2015 @ 6:10 pm

Rocket League (PS4) – No Metascore rating yet.
    Styx Master of Shadows (PS4): 70%
    rain (PS3): 72%
    Mousecraft (PS4/PS3/PS Vita): 72% (for the PS4, 68% Vita. Only one 50% rating for the PS3)
    Geometry Wars 3: Dimensions Evolved (PS Vita): 85% (for the PS4)
    Entwined (PS4/PS Vita): 59%

It’s beyond me how people manage to find anything good to say about that constant drop in quality.

But that’s what happens when a company achieves a 70-90% market share. Enjoy it while it lasts Sony. You obviously haven’t learned any lessons from your last fall.

Sidone 1 July, 2015 @ 8:05 pm

I agree. Games wich score a 70 are bad. So therefor everything is bad. And don’t come with the bullcrap about “but sony promised…”.

Because I’m such a nice guy Sidone, I’ll offer you some tutoring for free.
    We use a decimal system you must know. In that system 9 is bigger than 8, 8 bigger than 7. In ratings, a 100% system is the regularly prefered system, with 100% being considered the best possible rating and 0% the worst.

So if we previously had many games around 90% or at least 80%, the average rating dropped in time to 7x% and now it is mostly just around 70% or even lower.
    So if some person, capable to use basic logic, says that the quality of games being offered, decreased over the years, this is pretty much a correct summary of facts. And nothing else.

Of course their are some poor sods, that lack such basic abilities as usage of logic, and thus they tend to whine and troll in the most bemusing ways. Thanks for delivering another example of that tragic drama. We suffer with you. We really do.

mosessaur 2 July, 2015 @ 1:25 am

I agree with Golwar! Regardless that I’m going to play styx while waiting for phantom pain release.
    But yes. Sony is pretty much enjoying its winning! No one can deny the drop of the lineups since last year.
    It is true that now from time to time they deliver some good lineups but still not as good as before.
    And I am wondering why they don’t push any of the exclusive games to the lineup. So far I have only seen Uncharted 3, God Of War original, Infamous (2 on PS3 & First Light on PS4) and Kill Zone mercenaries on Vita.
    I was hoping for Heavy Rain, Second Son, Shadow Fall and many of the exclusive titles!

MrSaintz 3 July, 2015 @ 3:43 pm

I think the fact the PS+ is mandatory subscription for almost all Online playable games for PS4 is in fact a good reason why Sony is dropping in the quality of their offerings in a consistent basis.

While people are moving to the new console, ps+ is no longer a good value for money like it was in PS3, is just something you need to keep if you want to go online.

unbiased 1 July, 2015 @ 4:36 pm   8

happy 5th birthday have some great games to celebrate… looks again, err sorry just some tat we scraped up from the barrel
Is that it for ps3 now, no more good games to give?
Microsoft wins again this month, flame away

Lianz2005 2 July, 2015 @ 8:04 pm

Yeah, looks like ps3 users are now an afterthought. What happened to the days when we got far cry 3, BioShock or DMC?

INS1GHTFUL 1 July, 2015 @ 4:36 pm   9

Happy to get geometry wars 3. I bought mousecraft and entwined and neither are great. I gave up both after about an hour. Just my opinion others may enjoy them.

Overall not a good month. But even one new game that I want is ok and justifies the £3 and a bit that I paid for the sub

INS1GHTFUL 1 July, 2015 @ 4:36 pm

Edit: that was approximately how much is paid for one month

unbiased 1 July, 2015 @ 4:37 pm   10

nice of them to make styx half price a week ago too, just in time for ps plus, feel sorry for people who just bought it

Inherentdragon 1 July, 2015 @ 4:47 pm

Exactly my thoughts too.been interested in that one and with the sale I nearly bought it but held off..good job too!

frimo_online 1 July, 2015 @ 4:52 pm

Classic SCEE. Used to happen far more often though, so not complaining about the sparsity of this occurrence.

I was hoping to find out last week so i didn’t buy styx. They shouldn’t put stuff on sale rhen put it in plus, it takes the [DELETED]. I bought both styx and mousecraft in that last sale. Annoyed now, and again its all indies too.

TankedThomas 2 July, 2015 @ 2:50 pm

Far too often they’ve put stuff on sale only to give it to us free weeks later. It infuriates me that they do that.
    The safe beat now is usually PS1, PS2 and PSP games, since they don’t give us those with PS+ any more.
    I wish they would, but they wanted to do this whole “two games per each of the three systems” thing, which seems to have given us less games, and a bunch of average-to-good games as opposed to a couple of great games and a whole bunch of throwaways, plus some old PS1 games.

geektopia 3 July, 2015 @ 12:57 am

Totally agree. You can’t entice customers to buy something you know will be made free shortly afterwards. Surely someone at Sony realises that only [DELETED] people off.

Can’t help but feel they’re falling back into the complacency that came in the wake of the PS2’s success. That paid for that.

OFF TOPIC: What’s with Sony beating their chest over a Kickstarter project at E3? Kickstarter is a reaction to the BS of these corporations…

SZYPAL 1 July, 2015 @ 4:37 pm   11

This is a joke…

Rochala 1 July, 2015 @ 4:37 pm   12

Not bad, better than June for me.

mrobinson91 1 July, 2015 @ 4:38 pm   13

ROCKET LEAGUE!!! On it’s own it worth a years subscription for me. One of the best games I’ve played.

Please people…don’t just say the line up is bad just because you haven’t heard of the games, try them 🙂

MadMan_Matt_ 1 July, 2015 @ 4:43 pm

So so happy with RL being there 😀

jasper2308 1 July, 2015 @ 4:46 pm

I’m not. I would’ve thrown all my money at Psyonix.

Couldn’t agree more! 😀

Rochala 1 July, 2015 @ 4:52 pm

I have the PS3 version, super sonic acrobatic something. Fun game indeed.

GeekCore- 1 July, 2015 @ 11:08 pm

I played the hell out of Supersonic Acrobatic Rocket Powered Battle Cars on PS3 with my mate.
    Been waiting for the follow up for years!

JezPSN 1 July, 2015 @ 4:38 pm   14

I stupidly got hyped thinking we’d be seeing a better than average month since it’s the 5th anniversary of PS+, perhaps with a big name PS4 game but no such luck! Games with Gold is vastly better this month

unbiased 1 July, 2015 @ 4:40 pm

i stupidly thought the same, sony finally managing to update eu and the us at same time lulled me into a false optimism

jasper2308 1 July, 2015 @ 4:47 pm

Rocket League is absolutely awesome. I recommend it fo’ sho’.

they should at least throw us a bone for the anniversary, but they can’t do that, very stingy.

SGTV-Steebs 1 July, 2015 @ 4:38 pm   15

Worth it for Rocket League alone. The Beta was insane amounts of fun, can’t wait to get it!

Gotta say, the PS4 line-up looks quite good this month. However, I wish the same could be said for the PS3…

NasteeBS 8 July, 2015 @ 12:18 am

Rain is a pretty good game actually. I see it as each system having at least one good game this month. Not sure what all the b*tching is for. Rocket League is great, not sure about Styx but looks serviceable, Rain is good, Geometry wars too.

madmanwithabox12 1 July, 2015 @ 4:39 pm   17

Rocket League looks insanely fun.

spacedelete2 1 July, 2015 @ 4:39 pm   18

more crappy indies. i guess the two PS4 games are okay but why isn’t Geometry Wars 3 cross buy with PS4 ? i want to play it on PS4.

willbillbill 1 July, 2015 @ 4:39 pm   19

For me, this looks like a great lineup. There is something for me to try out on all three platforms

cognac-vsop 1 July, 2015 @ 4:39 pm   20

at least give us some good sales man.. i finished arkham knight.. got nothing decent to play till MGS V is out.

jasper2308 1 July, 2015 @ 4:50 pm

Rocket League will get you playing for years. Believe me.

noodleboy1972 1 July, 2015 @ 4:39 pm   21

Ok for geometry wars but disappointed as Japan are getting two extra games for the 5th anniversary.Guilty gear and batman blackgate.

AbsolutionLukeh 1 July, 2015 @ 4:40 pm   22

I am going to assume all of these negative comments are from people who never played the Rocket League beta. It is absolutely bloody brilliant. CAN’T WAIT!

SGTV-Steebs 1 July, 2015 @ 4:43 pm

Seriously my favourite month of PS+ games just because of that alone… Was gonna buy it, but this is a fantastic bonus! So hyped!

residentSteve 1 July, 2015 @ 5:45 pm

Never heard of rocket league anyway I will be to busy with my xbox one playing assassins creed 4.

Witcher70 1 July, 2015 @ 4:40 pm   23

Lol. Own them all except Rocket League. Not really my cup of tea. Roll on August! Really gutted Pneuma is not on the list. still buying it though.

jasper2308 1 July, 2015 @ 4:49 pm

Have you played Rocket League. I swear to god, I have only seen one single bad comment about it and believe me, I’ve seen a LOT.

Witcher70 1 July, 2015 @ 4:55 pm

Yes i played the beta and I was rubbish !

jasper2308 1 July, 2015 @ 6:02 pm

Ite then. 😀

TheNarrator 1 July, 2015 @ 4:41 pm   24

woo, tis an awesome load of games, especially for PS4 :D. Rocket League is a super game to get, hopefully we’ll all be playing it 8D

again though, the lack of PS3 games is not great :(. guessing we’re back to just little Store games for that console from now on instead of any bigger ones at all, which is a shame.

but other than that, very cool update, nice one guys :).

Ants_Pai 1 July, 2015 @ 4:42 pm   25

Whatttt YES!!!! I was going to buy Rocket League day one, now I feel bad! This is amazing news thanks guys!!!

mrobinson91 1 July, 2015 @ 4:50 pm

Don’t feel bad 🙂 they get paid and now they’ll have a bigger player base which likely means increased revenue from future DLC and possible popularity in esports which is worth loads.

dark_angel69 1 July, 2015 @ 5:04 pm

I feel a little bad too but on the bright side it now means spending the money on the sales instead. lol

MadMan_Matt_ 1 July, 2015 @ 4:42 pm   26

Over the moon with Rocket League! Been waiting ever since the first game years ago on ps3 for the sequel . Seriously everyone. Play it

GrumpyMcGrump 1 July, 2015 @ 4:43 pm   27

great week! im especially excited about rocket league. the beta was awesome

Deak-in 1 July, 2015 @ 4:45 pm   28

tired-hippo 1 July, 2015 @ 4:46 pm   29

Some what jealous of Japan since they got arkham blackgate on vita and guilty gears on PS4

Jamesyp00 1 July, 2015 @ 4:46 pm   30

Wasn’t there a game on the PS3 Store similar to rocket league?
Iv’e been wanting to try styx for a while so this month’s alright, Entwined is pants though.

Yeah, Supersonic Acrobatic Rocket-Powered Battle-Cars, same developer. 🙂

Nightmareofkaito 1 July, 2015 @ 5:54 pm

Super acrobatic rocket powered battle cars it was called and it was awesome.

Xtro3000 1 July, 2015 @ 4:47 pm   31

Loving this month have geometry wars for ps4 so cant wait to play on vita. I dont mind the indie games ive had hours of fun playing them. Despite what everyone else os saying i still love psplus. Keep up the good work. Think of it this way 6 games for 4 pound. People need to get some perspective..

Carl-G 1 July, 2015 @ 4:48 pm   32

Some cool stuff 😉 Shame tho it’s not the PS4 version of ‘Geometry Wars 3’ to 🙁

DarkArchoNx66 1 July, 2015 @ 4:49 pm   33

Was hoping for a good Ps3 game to tempt me to come back, but this is going to be the fourth month without a subscription. Don’t care about vita at all or ps4 at the moment.

mivape 1 July, 2015 @ 7:11 pm

PS3 owners have really been getting the short stick lately. Maybe we are not worth it anymore. Maybe PS4 isn’t worth buying. Screwing over your old customers just because you are market leader isn’t the best idea. Or maybe it.

DarkArchoNx66 1 July, 2015 @ 7:57 pm

Can’t say that I didn’t see it coming, hence, deciding not to renew. We’re not worth it anymore, but Ps4 is definitely not worth buying as well. Personally, it was the experience of buying a Ps3 very early after release that made me decide to hold off from upgrading to next gen. We used to have backwards compatibility, though things took a while to improve. I don’t believe it’s been great with current next gen consoles but people might disagree. However, fallout and uncharted will soon come out, so I don’t know about a future decision. 2years was the limit I had set.

It’s the best and smart decision, subtly forcing people into spending money on a new console and paying a mandatory subscription. It has nothing to do with sentiment or respect for customers they used to be interested in taking their money. It’s also the best idea I had almost 4 months ago deciding to cancel my sub. It is an insignificant amount of money, both for me and them, but we’re talking about a service that’s barely like it used to be, and I am not gonna pay for a service that I am not receiving out of kindness, loyalty or charitable reasons.

Issune91 1 July, 2015 @ 10:46 pm

If the lineup wil continue being like this i will part ways with sony, after 15 years… sigh…

Nufis_K 2 July, 2015 @ 1:21 am

@Issune91: I’m seriously considering it as well. Ps3 and vita are dead and for the time being, ps4 is just remakes, remasters, ports of indie games you can get 5 times cheaper and earlier on pc.

NasteeBS 8 July, 2015 @ 12:23 am

Rain is good – not super amazing, but definitely a good game is you already have a subscription. Not sure if you’d like it enough to come back though, check some gameplay videos on youtube.

BionicWheel 1 July, 2015 @ 4:49 pm   34

Been waiting for this for ages… Was expecting something big with it being 5 years of PS Plus and all… I guess not… Should have known….. I’ll check out Rocket league and Rain though

Unholy_Light 1 July, 2015 @ 4:49 pm   35

Styx, really? It was on sale about one week ago and now you’re giving it for free… Great politics – back to old times, when you have given games, which were on sale just a few days earlier…

Just do what I do, don’t buy anything other than AAAs. Everything else I’ve wanted has eventually become. All these other games have either been on sale or in humble bundles. For instance I bought Mousecraft for $1 last week – it’s on Plus because it costs Sony nothing.

WizzNL 1 July, 2015 @ 4:50 pm   36

Was hoping for the same line-up as Japan with Guilty Gear on PS4 and Batman on Vita, but shouldve known it would be indies all over again. On the bright side, only 2 more months till my subscription ends.

JoshHood 1 July, 2015 @ 4:51 pm   37

Well Rocket League was already getting my money anyway, so great month for me on that alone! Looking forward to giving Geometry Wars and MouseCraft a go too, almost bought them on sale a couple of times. Rain and Entwined are great games too, for those who haven’t played them!

jessesam14 1 July, 2015 @ 4:53 pm   38

It’s just so sad to see no love for the Vita… ever… Every month I get my hopes up and then Sony crushes them like a big bully who only cares about himself.

Expected way better, in my opinion PsPlus of June was better and that says something… and even more because of the PsPlus anniversary.

adumr82 1 July, 2015 @ 4:55 pm   39

That’s the five year celebration? It’s not black flag is it?

dark_angel69 1 July, 2015 @ 4:55 pm   40

Best month this year for me! Was going to buy Rocket League day one. Been waiting for ages for it and had the store wallet ready for it too. That game alone has made this the best month for me. Played Rain on PS3 and it was an amazing game so people should really jump into it. Never heard of Styx: Master of Shadows but will try it out after Rocket League. First thing first I need to play Rocket League. Was hooked on the beta so I’m dying to jump back in!

Hopefully next month I’d like to see Batman Arkham Origins Blackgate but for now I’m really happy with Rocket League!

“He’s been killed…” I lol’d

Anyway, pretty decent lineup for me. All you crybabies whining about “crappy indies” should just cancel your subscriptions and spend your £3/month on something else.

johnnycide 1 July, 2015 @ 5:11 pm

were it not for the discounts and the fact that I play Destiny a fair bit then I would.

Nightmareofkaito 1 July, 2015 @ 5:34 pm

Well lets see I pay the same for xbl and that’s a far better option ATM, it has a nice mix of AAA and indie this month and its a good line up. So yeah if you’ve been here for more than 2 years its understandable that you want a nice mix of a games rather than the whole line up consisting of either indie carp, arcade titles and demos like recent months of plus have been, which if you compare it to a rival services lets xbl. Then recent months of plus have been disappointing at best and dire at worst.

residentSteve 1 July, 2015 @ 5:43 pm

I’m not against indie games now (but I won’t play them) but sony offer way to many imo.

SqueekyShoes93 3 July, 2015 @ 3:35 pm

Why do that if they lose the benefits of playing multiplayer due to Sony’s incredibly stupid decision to tie multiplayer to a subscription service? Or avoid getting shafted by unfair digital pricing? If it wasn’t for that, I think most people would cancel their subscriptions, and then Sony would have to innovate PS+ due to people voting with their wallets. Right now it’s like a terrible version of Xbox Live.

Inherentdragon 1 July, 2015 @ 4:57 pm   42

I’m happy with the line up,interested to see what all the fuss is about with Rocket League and been after Styx even though I agree with the comments it being on sale and all but seems to happen more just lately.Was expecting something big for five years too..and I thought we had already had Rain on ps plus? Maybe I’m wrong but I don’t remember buying it!

Inherentdragon 2 July, 2015 @ 10:07 am

Oops,my bad.just checked and I bought Rain when it was first released.Great little game.kind of reminds me of a cross between Ico and Brothers a Tale Of Two Sons.Everyone should try it.

Rohit45_G 1 July, 2015 @ 4:57 pm   43

Why are the PS3 games always so poor?

chrisse989 1 July, 2015 @ 7:42 pm

Because there aren’t much new titles coming out for it anymore.
    And quality of PS3 games was going up again a bit lately. Dishonored and Call of Juarez: Gunslinger were pretty awesome. And you can get the Abe Exodus remaster that you could get on PS4 via plus now also on PS3 I believe (maybe also on Vita?) for free. But I wouldn’t get my hopes up too much on it consistently improving each month.
    I’m more focused atm on the PSV+ games which did have a great last year (at least for me), that’s been dwindling down a bit too lately but I’m still hoping it’s going to pick up again.

lukerd1993 1 July, 2015 @ 9:16 pm

Cuz it’s time to move on my friend!

Issune91 1 July, 2015 @ 10:50 pm

Because they forced the ps4 owners to get plus for online and they no motivation to give anything good considering people will get plus just for multiplayer. I had a feeling this would happen.

JynXten 1 July, 2015 @ 4:58 pm   44

The Rocket League beta was amazing. So many Debbie Downers on here are going to get a nice surprise come next week.

LordRastan 1 July, 2015 @ 4:58 pm   45

well, kind of disappointing… we still miss some retail games on vita…. and ps4 has improved, but there are some first batch games wich would be on igc by now (killzone, knack…. )
And on vita you still have many games to put on service: assassins, batman arkham, tearaway, little big…
Anyway… the worst part is you are celebrating the 5th anniversary with a poor line up…

any chance of getting some free games, even psp/ps1, for the anniversary?

DieFliedermouse 1 July, 2015 @ 5:06 pm

Please stop asking for Knack just because it came in a box. It was a terrible game.

Witcher70 1 July, 2015 @ 5:20 pm

Did you actually play Knack? Because that game is a LOT of fun.

Inherentdragon 1 July, 2015 @ 5:34 pm

Agreed,I bought the ps4 package with Knack cuz it was the only one I could find at the time,didant expect much from it but it had me hooked! Pretty frustrating in places though.

loonyspoony 1 July, 2015 @ 5:00 pm   46

While it’s not the poorest lineup so far it’s still not great, will try Rain, Rocket League and Geometry wars. Shame we don’t appear to be getting bonus games like Japan, two retail games available for one week, would have been nice.

Jimster-71 1 July, 2015 @ 5:02 pm   47

Rocket League :D:D:D

Even if you don’t like the look of the videos, download it and try a couple of games. I got totally hooked on the beta. It’s fun, skill based gameplay that’s reminiscent of classics like Speedball 2 or Sensible Soccer.

johnnycide 1 July, 2015 @ 5:03 pm   48

Yet another abhorrent month. Are SCEE even trying anymore? I appreciate that indies can be superb (Velocity, Rogue Legacy, Shovel Knight) but really? More competitive multiplayer drivel, a critical darling which hardly sold, a couple of vita games which most of us didn’t know existed and even fewer cared about, a game that received a huge plug at a previous E3 only to die on it’s arse once people realised it was terrible and Styx, which must have sold about 3 copies judging by the amount of buzz around it.
This is poor, I mean it’s not Sportsfriends poor, but it’s poor.
I always thought Plus was excellent value, but this is terrible. Xbox owners are getting black flag and we’re getting screwed again.
Post E3 would have been a great time to keep up the momentum, but it seems to be another month of “this will do”.
It’s getting to the point where I’d honestly not care if the IGC didn’t exist, or at least jettisoned the PS3 and Vita altogether. After all, they’re “legacy” consoles, aren’t they boys?

followthatfish 1 July, 2015 @ 5:09 pm

All these scolding words when they’re giving away for free the most purely fun game I’ve played in probably over a decade: Rocket League.

If you would have tried the beta and didn’t like it, you must genuinely hate fun.

DieFliedermouse 1 July, 2015 @ 5:12 pm

I don’t see what SCEE have to do with it – the US are getting the same thing.

johnnycide 1 July, 2015 @ 5:13 pm

No, I just genuinely hate football.

johnnycide 1 July, 2015 @ 5:18 pm

Then they have my sympathy.

HyperionGuardian 1 July, 2015 @ 5:21 pm

they get the money through ps4 subs now, they dont have to pull out AAA titles now, its plain to see

question i ask myself is if ps4 was free online would i have have a active plus ? A. NO

followthatfish 1 July, 2015 @ 5:52 pm

It doesn’t matter if you genuinely hate football, it’s not a football game.

Porcupeth00 1 July, 2015 @ 5:53 pm

Black flag is not good. You’re not missing out.

johnnycide 1 July, 2015 @ 6:11 pm

I quite liked Black Flag.
    If rocket league involves leagues, teams, a pitch, a ball, goals, and competitive multiplayer then it’s close enough to football to make me avoid it.

Porcupeth00 1 July, 2015 @ 6:32 pm

If you liked Black flag then you already played it so why would you want it on PS+ instead of something you haven’t played?

Smash_41 1 July, 2015 @ 6:37 pm

@johnnycide then why would you want it again. Surely a NEW game you haven’t yet played is a much better service.

johnnycide 1 July, 2015 @ 6:42 pm

It’s a better game and im sure many pwople would prefer it. I’m lucky enough to be able to buy most of the games I want at release, but many subscribers can’t. That being the case I’d prefer to see a good game I already own on plus over a game that I don’t own but feel was a wasted choice. Obviously, Rocket League has proved populardespite my distaste for sports games, but what of entwined, rain, or mouse craft. Two of those are just plain trash, and were not selling.
    We are being given content that didn’t sell. Which means it’s not wanted. That’s my issue.

johnnycide 1 July, 2015 @ 6:53 pm

My comment didn’t post but I said that I’d prefer a good game I owned already to a bad game that I didn’t.
    I can afford to buy most games I want at launch, but many can’t.

Smash_41 1 July, 2015 @ 6:56 pm

But none of this months offerings are “bad” games.

johnnycide 1 July, 2015 @ 7:05 pm

Well then put that down to a subjective argument as opposed to an objective one.
    In my opinion there is not one good game of the six.Rocket League is an attempt to make the most tedious game on the planet bearable. It will fail to win me over. Entwined is pointless, rain is the same whimsical nonsense we seem to have had a glut of lately. Styx is a serviceable but not good stealth title and geometry wars is a remake which is only on vita. For those reasons I would prefer to see something like Wolfenstein, or Hotline Miami 2 on ps4 than any of those titles.

SwissColony 2 July, 2015 @ 9:07 am

It’s not only about you. You may hate football, millions don’t. Also leave the Vita out of your rants. It’s a brilliant little console which I use far more than my PS4!

There’s more to game than AAA. Like you say yourself, you can afford AAA so buy them and use PS+ to try new games and maybe broaden your taste.

dark_angel69 2 July, 2015 @ 10:19 am

I hate football too (a LOT) but Rocket League is really addictive. It may look like a football game but it’s really not. You need to play it and see for yourself what a great game it is. I would never buy FiFa or any other football games. But rocket League is something I’ve been looking forward to for a long time. You don’t have to play as a team. Can play 1 v 1 if you prefer. Playing with others just makes it even better. It’s full of funny, crazy, lucky and intense moments. Just full of madness. The team doesn’t work like passing the ball to each other. Most people are more against each other, trying to be the one to hit the ball and bashing into each other to blow others up rather than working as a team. At least try it first and then come back and say you hate it.

vavires 2 July, 2015 @ 4:22 pm

why give a game 90% of the ppl played?
    i dont need black flag.

johnnycide 2 July, 2015 @ 7:32 pm

@Swiss colony
    As an ex vita owner I believe that my criticisms of the console are fair. Sony abandoned it before leaving it as a dumping ground for shovel ware, and a priepheral for the ps4. The best digital titles on the Vita are mostly available cheaper elsewhere, in superior versions.

@dark angel
    I appreciate your enthusiasm but I do not have the time nor inclination for pvp games. This is something I will not change my mind over. Seeing as esports are-in my opinion at least- preposterous, I don’t feel the need to practice a game which I know I will dislike.

Sp4rkyM4rk1337 2 July, 2015 @ 7:39 pm

Subscribers to Xbox Live Gold got nothing for many years. It was only until the ‘Games With Gold’ programme that Microsoft started to really give back, and even then it took new management to bring it up to the standard originally set by PS Plus.

PS Plus and GWG are very alike nowadays. Both services offer their fair share of indie and blockbuster games. Both services will have unhappy and happy subscribers every month because it is impossible to please everyone. Both services are good value for money in my opinion.

Don’t forget PS Plus has offered Injustice: Gods Among Us Ultimate Edition, inFAMOUS: Second Sun and Metal Gear Solid V: Ground Zeroes on PS4. Many blockbuster titles have been offered on the PS3 side too. There’s also the portable content which the competition does not offer.

I would be giving SCEE some praise today since the EU will be getting content at the same time as the US. For years we were promised parity and now we are finally getting somewhere. One step closer to getting those prices in line. Certainly wouldn’t be giving them praise for the ‘legacy’ comment, though. That was a huge kick in the face.

johnnycide 2 July, 2015 @ 9:13 pm

completely agree with you on the parity with the US releases. It’s something that should have happened long ago, but welcome nonetheless.
    With regards to your comment on PS4 games being of high quality, while some games have been exceptional, we’ve been given some absolute tosh as well. Unfortunately for every Velocity or Infamous: first light, there have been several more Hohokum, sportsfriends, and contrasts.
    I could list the amount of truly great ps4 offerings on one hand, but would quickly run out of appendages should I attempt to list the selections which have left many of us cold.

Lance_87 1 July, 2015 @ 5:03 pm   49

mmmm, i would’ve expected Geometry Wars 3 and Entwined on all systems. but hey, at least the Vita version of the former is totally new.

Flying_Pig 1 July, 2015 @ 5:10 pm   50

Pretty happy with the line up – especially Geometry Wars.

That plus Entwined, MouseCraft and Rain make me a happy piggy.

Load all