Limited edition Destiny: The Taken King PlayStation 4 revealed

Take a look at the stylish new themed PS4, available this September

Guardians, I’m delighted to announce that a Limited Edition Destiny: The Taken King PlayStation 4 will be available across Europe, Australia and New Zealand on 15th September.

This exclusive bundle will include a white Destiny-inspired 500GB Limited Edition PS4 and a physical copy of Destiny: The Taken King Legendary Edition, which includes Destiny, Expansion I, Expansion II and The Taken King.

You’ll also get an upgrade to the Digital Collector’s Edition, which includes three exotic Guardian class items with XP bonuses, three class specific emotes, three armour shaders and an early access weapons pack.

PS4_HW_DESTTK LE_3D

As you can see, the stylish PS4 design showcases a map of the cosmos in silver, with the Guardian’s crest set in gold right in the centre – a beacon of hope in a besieged solar system.

We’ll also have a Destiny: The Taken King bundle which includes a PS4 and Dualshock 4 in Jet Black along with the Destiny: The Taken King – Legendary Edition.

PS4_HW_DESTTK_3D

If you watched PlayStation’s E3 Press Conference, you’ll know that Destiny: The Taken King adds a gigantic amount of new content. Highlights include a new Campaign adventure complete with a new story, new Guardian sub-classes with new Supers, new activities, new rewards, new weapons, new PvP maps, and much, much more. If you haven’t jumped into Destiny yet, this is a great opportunity to catch up since it gives you all content from launch. Also, existing players on PS3 can update to The Taken King on PS4 without losing any progress.

Don’t forget that PS4 owners get access to a wealth of PlayStation-exclusive content*: a co-op Strike (Echo Chamber), a PvP multiplayer map (Sector 618), three legendary gear sets (Hesperos, Azoth Bend, and Neuroghast) and an exotic scout rifle (the Jade Rabbit).

What do you think? Be sure to let us know in the comments below.

*Timed exclusive until at least Autumn 2016

19296474390_ff3cb51461_o (1)

58 Comments
0 Author replies

Very cool! I don’t need another PS4 right now, but still, very cool all the same.

That is ridiculous. The Taken King is an expansion… Not a whole new game. Me thinks Activision think too much of this game.

2.1

Me thinks someone needs to keep up with their news. Bungie has already said The Taken King is not an expansion but in fact a full game bigger than the original content.

2.2

“Bungie has already said The Taken King is not an expansion but in fact a full game bigger than the original content”

Considering the original content, that’s not as impressive as you think

xxSamuraiGirlxx 08 July, 2015 @ 13:41
2.3

@keenan07

Have you played destiny? Or remember playing it?

Because the length of it is nothing to write home about, let alone the news.

Matheus1198 07 July, 2015 @ 17:09

Excited for the Taken King. Been devoting a good amount of time preparing for it. Can’t wait to experience a whole new world.

This smacks of Malibu Stacy new hat.

andrewsqual 07 July, 2015 @ 17:12

What’s Destiny?

KaneTheGoth 07 July, 2015 @ 17:24
5.1

A game

andrewsqual 07 July, 2015 @ 23:14
5.2

Cool. ^_^

madmanwithabox12 07 July, 2015 @ 17:16

It would be nice if we got a special edition Vita for once. Why aren’t Sony doing that? This is like the 5th or 6th special PS4, yet no Vita. At least work with ATLUS to bring the P4D Vita over from Japan… <__<

residentSteve 07 July, 2015 @ 17:40
6.1

Because ps vita is dead.

madmanwithabox12 07 July, 2015 @ 19:08
6.2

It’s not, but thanks for your opinion?

residentSteve 07 July, 2015 @ 21:07
6.3

No worries :)

Wow! This looks incredible I will definitely be upgrading to the limited edition white console! Will it be available in the White 1TB model in Europe at all?

This is AMAZING would be a nice first special edition PlayStation for me to get. So excited for the taken king too.

alice_push_lara2 07 July, 2015 @ 17:25

why no 1TB harddrive??

Stonesthrow 07 July, 2015 @ 19:40
9.1

Exactly! I could probably get over having the game double in favor of this pretty PS4, but the lack of the 1TB that is soon coming anyway, is what’s keeping me off :(

mitchbel1996 07 July, 2015 @ 17:27

What model are these? It says CUH-1116A on the boxes but visually they look like the newer CUH-1200 model.

Stonesthrow 07 July, 2015 @ 19:45
10.1

Yea this is another thing (atleast in my case) where having a 1TB would have been more advantageous. I’ve been looking to get the newest model whatsoever since I’ve had an annoying jet sound PS4 since launch and am not looking to get another broken model at any cost :d The 500 gigs just makes it appear like an older model, even if it’s still to release and probably (hopefully) isn’t.. I would’ve gone with this one instead of the 1TB if it had a 1TB too, despite of getting the game double..

would of copped this straight away if it was 1tb come on sony

Will it ever be in America

It looks nice, I want it. I’m still on PS3 xD

I don’t have time to explain why I don’t have time to explain why I want this.

What do you mean new story?

You didn’t even put a story in the last one.

Stonesthrow 07 July, 2015 @ 19:36

Show full comment

That looks quite awesome.. Just pre-ordered the 1TB lol. And I’ve been having doubts between it and the Arkham Knight LE PS4. This one would definitely take the win since I’ve been trying to go for a lighter one (Batman LE is gray) in the hope that it might attract less heat that way, plus it would look better on my white table :p Same problem with this as with the Batman LE. First of all, the game is included.. I don’t think ANYONE who is even slightly interested in the game hasn’t gotten it by now, either on release or on sale one time or the other.. Anyone who is a fan of the game and is interested in this PS4 obviously already owns it, maybe with a rare occasion of someone buying a LE ps4 of a game they have never experienced? So I don’t understand why they keep adding the game in these editions, it adds to the overall price and you just end up with a double. It’s what kept me from getting a LE PS every time! Secondly, in this case, it isn’t a 1TB.. I don’t mind paying extra for the LE beauty ofcourse, but the soon to release 1TB comes at the same price instead of with an extra game, so it’s practicality over beauty, I’m afraid :(

This really needs to be a new 1200 model with 1TB drive.
But, OTOH, it’s easy to replace drive with 2TB SSHD ie.

Sorry until Sony sorts out its online fiasco of a system your not getting another penny off me

fps_d0minat0r 07 July, 2015 @ 21:02
18.1

Are you saying that because we pay for online there should be a certain standard? You’re making too much sense…. I must now reply with generic comments 4, 17 and 22.

4 – Stop being so entitled!
17 – Its only ~£3 a month
22 – Theres more to life than gaming, so what if PSN isnt working

Long live Sony Defence Force!

ScarletSpider97 07 July, 2015 @ 21:33

so is this gonna be available in America soon or just Europe, Australia, and New Zealand. I won’t this so bad but I’m not gonna move outta the country for it.

19.1

Hi there ScarletSpider97 ^^ welcome to the EU blog :) I think you’re aware of this fact though, but what you might not be aware of is that you in the US have your very own blog! Yes it’s true, and if you’d take just a moment to peruse your own blog you would notice this http://blog.us.playstation.com/2015/07/07/limited-edition-destiny-the-taken-king-ps4-bundle-out-this-september/ So don’t worry :) it too is coming you way.

Sony be sucking up to Activision when they are broke.. true players.

20.1

So broke that the PS4 is outselling the competition 2 to 1, also thanks to these deals.

Steve_Of_The_O 08 July, 2015 @ 16:49
20.2

Not sure if it’s still outselling. It did have a better launch… Wouldn’t say it was anything to do with these deals at all though, more MS’s terrible console lead up and launch compared to Sony’s.

I’d say currently though Microsoft have pretty much turned everything around though so Sony really shouldn’t be complacent, or expectant that their solid launch is the only win they needed.

They could have done something great with the IGC for their fifth anniversary, for example. While it wasn’t bad, it was by no means celebratory.

I’ll dumb it down for you, I’ve been playing games for a long time and play quite a bit of destiny and was paying for plus well before ps4 came out, £3 a month doesn’t bother me, paying money isn’t an issue for me, playing on a reliable network is. I don’t sit in a darkened room 24 hours a day, I have to work so when I want to play online I expect it to work not have issues on a weekly basis.

21.1

Obviously for comment 18.1

21.2

The PSN has been down just a couple of times since the Christmas DDOS attack. Sure it isn’t perfect, but not the fiasco you called it either. It’s even more stable than its competitor, which has got worse.

Joost-Erkens 08 July, 2015 @ 10:58

I just noticed that the jet black edition changed, the faceplate isn’t glosssy anymore but it is the same colour as the rest of the console.

Joost-Erkens 08 July, 2015 @ 10:59
22.1

Looks awesome btw :D

Need to do raids on Destiny. Help would be appreciated as not enough friends on list who play it

xxSamuraiGirlxx 08 July, 2015 @ 13:31

Who asked for this?

Srsly tho, it just seems like a way to get rid of the old ps4, since we have the new 1tb and the quiet efficient version or whatever coming.

But then why buy this one?

FATEvsDESTINY 09 July, 2015 @ 02:05
24.1

I’m really hoping that this one will be that quieter more efficient model except with a 500GB HDD, which is OK with me if it keeps the price $50 lower, since I would swap it for a 1TB hybrid drive anyway.
Do oyu know if it’s confirmed that this is NOT the new model?

PanosApost07 08 July, 2015 @ 14:17

Where is the slimer version….Stop making Limited edition consoles that nobody buys!

Looks awesome wish I needed a new PS4

FirenzeLeonheart 08 July, 2015 @ 16:52

MGS V PS4 Announced, (http://blog.eu.playstation.com/2015/06/09/limited-edition-metal-gear-solid-v-the-phantom-pain-ps4-coming-to-europe/) over a month ago. Still not available to pre-order anywhere.

Destiny PS4 announced, available at all retailers immediately.

Where is the justice?

Assassin-_-MerKz 08 July, 2015 @ 19:57

They put more effort into the console’s design then the game’s story. Sad

Already got the limited edition Batman Ps4 gorgeous console but this one looks quite good tbh

I’m playing destiny in ps3, and i whould love to have this.

FATEvsDESTINY 09 July, 2015 @ 02:04

Is this the new lower power model they talked about at E3?

Daniel_leagend46 09 July, 2015 @ 06:47

Dear” Sony what happening about oovoo video chat
for playstation4 console do you know anymore news when this coming out to the console please
reply thank you.

EviL_MoThEr_LiN 10 July, 2015 @ 07:47

ik koop geen ps4 ,mijne ps3 gaat nog goed en het spel gaat nog voor ps3 ook

ely_cib3r_soccer 10 July, 2015 @ 10:32

I couldn’t be calma with the revelation of the game and now the come with a limited edition. Why you do this.

When will the price of the Taken King DLC be adjusted? It shouldn’t be 89,99 euros anymore.

guys i have a question , playstation knowledge Center said (“If a PS Plus member registers a PlayStation 4 as their “primary” system, anyone who uses that system has the ability to play online multiplayer, regardless of whether or not they are PS Plus members”.) can this be applied on destiny too ? , and if there is a sub account in the same console with no plus and with a different country from the PS Primary user , can it be played online too ?

Pq eu comprei a PlayStation4 e agr hà estas promoções espectaculares!!!

EvaC_KSA you are so right i understand you very well.

Now there’s 1TB and this is going to be release in 16!

We close the comments for posts after 30 days.

Edit history