Posted

Crypt of the NecroDancer is coming to PS4 and PS Vita

Addictive rhythm action roguelike from the team at Brace Yourself Games

Crypt of the NecroDancer, the award-winning and critically-acclaimed roguelike rhythm game, is coming to PS4 and PS Vita! Now you can move to the music and deliver beatdowns to the beat on the big screen with your PS4 or on the go with your PS Vita.

Crypt of the NecroDancer’s unique gameplay and captivating soundtrack have been a hit on PC, and we are extremely excited to make our console debut exclusively on the home of innovative rhythm and music games, PlayStation!

Help our hero Cadence battle her way through the NecroDancer’s dungeon in search of her missing father. On her way she faces methodical monsters all moving to the same beat she’s been cursed to follow. Randomly generated levels offer exciting new gameplay experiences every time! You can also play as other members of Cadence’s family, each with a distinctive playstyle.

Crypt of the NecroDancer’s award-winning soundtrack is composed by Danny Baranowsky, but the PS4 and PS Vita versions will also feature an exclusive playable chiptune remix of the game’s soundtrack, created by Jake “Virt” Kaufman, the composer for Shovel Knight!

We’d love to hear what you think and answer any questions you have. Hit us up in the comments below!

19332700706_637ce5949e_o19352694732_534184c978_o19352695932_ebb85649b6_o
18736259284_72436fc6c9_o18738165423_2ea78379df_o19352696342_70a7fb8fbb_o

19171162730_938c90575b_o

19 Comments
0 Author replies
SHARINGAN_JP 10 July, 2015 @ 08:06

Would get for Vita. If it isn’t addictive as you say, can I have my money back? ;p

Only one question:

When can I give you my money?

Can you integrate it with native Spotify App?

I know the game and it is awesome. Would definitely buy it on the Vita.

Is there already a release date for this awesome game?

Any info about Dance Pad Support on PS4/Vita?

zalwelgoedgaan 10 July, 2015 @ 09:33

This has custom soundtrack support on the PC, will that also be on the Vita?

CravingForCookie 10 July, 2015 @ 11:15

Amazing news! I’ve held of buying the PC version since I was hoping for a VITA version and here it is :)

It will fit perfectly with other intense music-heavy games (Hotline Miami 1+2, Velocity 2X).

Unfortunately, I’m in hospital right now (after a bad flair-up of my Crohns Disease last night), but the news that the fabulous Crypt of the NecroDancer coming to Vita has cheered me up no end…

… although the morphine I’m on may have something to do with it too!

Before watching the video of the game on youtube, i was like…well ok….. After watching, i am pumped. The reviews are also really good 8/10.

omfg this is amazing news, I’ve always been watching Necrodancer streams thinking “this looks rad” and now it’s coming to my beloved Vita… Just like Spelunky and Isaac before it I can see myself losing a lot of time to this… oh god yes!

jon_h_blake 10 July, 2015 @ 14:21

Nice! I’ll buy it to vita.

howboutthisthen 10 July, 2015 @ 14:22

Vita version for me.

Any chance of a rough release window? So many cool games upcoming for the Vita but so little info on when!

HomessaHomem 10 July, 2015 @ 16:08

My Vita cry with joy. :)

Tranquil-Fury 10 July, 2015 @ 16:50

Randomly generated levels and retro styled graphics! This bears all the hallmarks of an underwhelming ps+ title.

Please, Don’t bring this to ps+

14.1

‘Randomly generated levels and retro styled graphics!? This bears all the hallmarks of an exceptional (PS+) title. Please, bring this to PS+’ Fixed that sentence for you.

I honestly NEVER expected this to happen. Amazing suprise!

The game is so addicting. And the soundtrack is amazing, but can you really expect any less from Danny B. himself? :D

Prankster182 10 July, 2015 @ 20:56

Love this game on PC, would definitely pick it up for Vita, Seems perfect for PS+

How does the roguelike system work in this game?

This game caught my eye when I saw that it is one of the best reviewed games on Steam, but I was never able to play it on PC, so being able to play it on PS4 is great news. I was just wondering if you could give us an approximate release window and an indication of what the price may be. Thank you and best of luck with the game.

We close the comments for posts after 30 days.