A full list of all available PS4 themes

Personalise your PS4 dashboard with static or dynamic themes

Hi everyone. By popular demand we’ve compiled a full list of all the themes that are currently available on PS4. We will update this list regularly as new themes are added, so set your bookmarks!

Don’t forget, to apply a downloaded theme on your PS4 just go to [Settings], [Themes] and select the theme you wish to use. It’s as simple as that!

Finally, please bear in mind that some themes may not be available in all SCEE regions.

Free themes

Paid themes

#07 - 20140604-0190#08 - Co_Op (5)
#07 - 20140604-0190#08 - Co_Op (5)
98 Comments
0 Author replies

Any chance we can have the Rocket League theme on the EU store, please?

EU store: 35 themes
US store: 655 themes

Good job!

2.1

TBH they have sooo many half-assed themes I’m not even mad :P

RyanSufc1997 23 July, 2015 @ 14:41
2.2

35+ 31. All the MLB ones.

BirdieYumYum 23 July, 2015 @ 14:44
2.3

really !?

Show more replies
Huono_peleis 23 July, 2015 @ 14:16

I NEED THIS IN MY VITA!

crimsonidol-de 23 July, 2015 @ 14:47
3.1

I don’t think an overview for the ~10 themes they offer is necessary.
Still it would be nice if they did the following:

1. Make all themes visible in the stores (web and both of the Vita: the one in the settings and the one that
can be accessed via the PS Store-App ) –> The three Hyperdimension-themes are only visible in some sections
2. Fix the themes that are available: The Uncharted one doesn’t have a preview picture in the store, the 2€ Oreshika-theme can’t be downloaded (purchase works, download not)
3. Bring over more game-based themes. I guess only a few people care about themes like generic “logo of baseball/basketball/soccer-team” themes but would like to get themes like the ones for Freedom Wars, DanganRonpa, htoL#NiQ etc.

But why do I even write this. No one ever seems to care for the Vita. :(

residentSteve 23 July, 2015 @ 17:51
3.2

But the vitas dead.

3.3

@crimsonidol-de Actually the Freedom Wars themes are out in EU now. There’s a Panopticon theme and the Kouken Girls theme. The Panopticon theme can be downloaded meanwhile Kouken Girls is broken. Search it on the Vita store.

Show more replies
4.1

It’s the default one in black. It should be in your available themes by default. :)

4.2

It’s part of the default Flow theme. When selecting a theme, just select Flow and you can choose from 8 different colours.

Stonesthrow 23 July, 2015 @ 14:37

Been almost exclusively the LBP3 one here. Order’s Whitechapel I love the “upper side” but not the actual chapel that’s displayed on the apps bar. Might pick up the AC one since it has a nice view of the city and need to check out the ESO one too. Definitely picking up the Journey one again too. Too bad I can’t have my Heavy rain “rainy alley” that I almost always used for ps3 :p

Stonesthrow 23 July, 2015 @ 14:40

Of the free static ones my fav is prolly the FFXIV, had some nice art and music. Witcher 3 is ok too. But I hardly use static ones :p

BirdieYumYum 23 July, 2015 @ 14:42

I want the Mad Max theme !!!! Not available in my region :(

7.1

@ALL EUROPEAN USERS THAT WANT THE MAD MAX THEME

Do not click the link, it is broken. Just search for it online, in the store. That’s how I got it.

7.2

It’s not even available for “Australians” on our Store. Which is a kick in the teeth really…smh. Not that i really give a rats about Fury Road, but if a Mad Max Theme from the Game comes out and not released here, I am not going to be very happy. lol

Han_the_Dragon 23 July, 2015 @ 14:49

As others said, there’s really next to no themes in the PS4 EU stores compared to the US store. And while we don’t get almost any art (anime/abstract/landscape/…) themes but we get MLB themes for some reason (is this series even popular or well known somewhere in EU? I don’t think so..)..

Other then that, I have to ask what happened to the FFX/X-2 PS4 themes? If this post is titles as a “full” list of the few themes available in the EU store, I was expecting it to have all the currently available themes…

(Note for the post creator: If this compilation was done based on the actual store theme section, then yes, the FFX/X-2 themes aren’t in that section, but that’s because someone forgot to add them there since those themes have been available since the ps4 version of the games was released, and since then have been only accessible through the FFX/X-2 game page in the store).

Sorry for the rant..

Porcupeth00 23 July, 2015 @ 14:57

Mad max.. not available in my country

Bulbatron22 23 July, 2015 @ 14:57

Any chance of getting the Resident Evil Remaster theme that I believe some other regions got?

Classic_Shooter 23 July, 2015 @ 15:09

Here is a good idea Sony, how about you let us. The people who bought the console. Let us put or own frigging wallpapers on.

11.1

Can’t believe the PS3 is capable of that but not the PS4…

11.2

PS3 and Vita didn’t actually get custom themes or backgrounds for quite a while after release and were added in updates.

11.3

Max, it’s 2015, PS3 released years ago so that’s not an excuse. We’re just asking for some simple wallpapers, they’re only holding back to make us pay for some stupid themes.. just like the lack of backwards compatibility, they’d rather make us buy remasters.

Show more replies
TheNarrator 23 July, 2015 @ 15:10

nice, thanks for giving us a full list of them, tis useful :)

a request! can we have more (er, free) themes with their own cool music. nice to have some different tunes when we’re on the menu screens 8).

On the 20th Anniv Playstation theme you get the old PS1 startup jingle but it plays under the normal PS4 startup sound. Can you switch the PS4 sound off without switching the theme sound off?

xXBurakkunaitoXx 23 July, 2015 @ 15:18

When are we getting Avatars on PS4?

XR-NOFEAR17 24 July, 2015 @ 07:11
14.1

Never.

Wired_Gantz 23 July, 2015 @ 15:27

Not enough Toro themes. Mankind needs more Toro!

Instead of a list ..

i would actually prefer a preview of the theme .. what it looks like moving etc

Like this post :

The author made video previews of both themes they offer.

Gave him a thumbs up for that which he replied to:
Daniel Seto 15 May, 2015 @ 4:40 pm 10.1
No problem :) I know I always want to see the themes in action properly before buying them so I made sure to include proper previews for them here

If only sony themselves would think like that … the themes section would be a lot better.

I wonder why you didn’t make something similar for the PS3 themes back in the day. I’m forced to use PSDLE in order to see all of them lol

No preview, no buy. Most of them are mediocre anyway.

And for 2 euros, the dynamic Journey theme could have been much, MUCH better than the piece of junk they are selling.

MoistGeorge 23 July, 2015 @ 16:39
18.1

Yeh no sure why we can’t even preview them but i guess that’s just Sony being Sony, their entire store is just poorly designed and very lackluster in general. Oh well it saves us money in the end for not having as much impulse-purchases i guess ;)

Also that Journey theme was very dissapointing yes… It could have been glorious but instead it’s mediocre at best.

The AquaKitty themes are actually pretty neat, i picked up the Creamy Cove one a few days back. Great soundtrack and awesome retro menu clicks :)

thewanderer34 23 July, 2015 @ 17:42
18.2

Have a look on YouTube as people sometimes put the theme’s up there.

18.3

No previews they know we wouldn’t buy if we saw how bad they were. Fortunately some people upload videos on youtube for us to preview.

supersmith2500 23 July, 2015 @ 15:40

So what about themes that Europe couldn’t get due to lack of ability to pre-order PSN games such as Grim Fandango, PS Now and Resident Evil?

Would love to see these themes being released in the future:

– The Last Guardian
– Pixels (is a Sony Pictures property and Sony owns it)
– FIFA Football teams
– Horizon
– DC Comics themes
– MARVEL themes
– Star Wars Battlefield
– HyperDimension Neptunia
– Persona 5
– Uncharted

As well as being able to use our own wallpapers.

Porcupeth00 23 July, 2015 @ 15:44
19.1

Yeah JP has a Neptunia theme, bring it over!

thewanderer34 23 July, 2015 @ 17:41
19.2

We won’t get marvel theme’s as they will need “localisation” or Sony Europe doesn’t have the right “licence’s” .
A bit pathetic of Sony considering how much content on rival console’s is available worldwide !
It’s the 21st century Sony ! Wake up !

supersmith2500 23 July, 2015 @ 20:07
19.3

@thewanderer34
But we got themes based off Warner Bros. Pictures’ movies right?

Show more replies
MoistGeorge 23 July, 2015 @ 16:32
20.1

Seems to be the Magicka Theme : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S9EyvaMOxek

Doesn’t seem to be dynamic so not very interesting sadly.

Shame, I thought it could have been a Civilization theme.

X_Blood_Curse_X 23 July, 2015 @ 16:37

I just want to use my own background image, customisation is so half-arsed compared to PS3

RodrigoSharingan 23 July, 2015 @ 17:00

The ones i use are the Far cry 4 Tiger and that bloodborne one. Its a shame we dont have like, not even 20% of the themes US has, and what its worst, my country for ex doenst even have the Mad Max, or the other movie ones. And i cant even belive that for some reason we have like 15 themes of MLB that nobody cares about…

I just wished there were more free good themes, but we are in Europe, so… :(

madmanwithabox12 23 July, 2015 @ 17:04

Dat phantom reply tho

CaptainWitwicky 23 July, 2015 @ 17:13

I’m mad, because it seems I can’t get the Mad Max theme. Why?! What could possibly be a good valid reason not to give themes a worldwide release? I keep being suprised everytime I run into something digital that is restricted, what’s the point of it being digital and readily available to all if nothing is available for everyone…

24.1

I’m guessing it still costs, none of the movie ones are available here apart from LotR which makes sense because it’s made here. It used to cost publishers to have videos on their games which was why you hardly saw them, don’t know if it’s the same now.

24.2

@ALL EUROPEAN USERS THAT WANT THE MAD MAX THEME

thewanderer34 23 July, 2015 @ 17:38

Still no Nepal disaster relief theme ! Shame on you sony . Bet you’ll be on here begging for money the next time a natural disaster hit’s Japan.
Just carry on putting up post’s which reinforce the fact that Europe is now a forgotten market for Sony.

While we’re on the topic of themes, please fix the paid oreshika theme for vita!

I want the Theme from Shaft.

Andre-Veelt 23 July, 2015 @ 18:51

I don’t understand how on earth we in EU have so few themes for PS4?!?! :s

i know it’s appalling. :(

Let us put or own wallpapers on PS4 !!!

BensNotWriting 23 July, 2015 @ 19:11

You all know which theme we need.

I have to admit the U.S. Playstation network receives far better content and deals. It is really starting to annoy me.

For example, I want to pre-order Everybody’s Gone to the Rapture and I want to get the theme for doing so. Because I am in Europe, I cannot. It’s as if the people who make the decisions for the European region do not want my money.

jamie-sixtyfour 23 July, 2015 @ 20:06

So many of the themes are poorly done. I’m looking into Magicka 2!

Wouldn’t definitely love the Rocket League theme on the EU store though.

jamie-sixtyfour 23 July, 2015 @ 20:07
32.1

Ugh, would not wouldn’t.

jamie-sixtyfour 24 July, 2015 @ 12:10
32.2

Last night I installed the Tembo the Elephant and while the backgrounds are nice they clash way too much with a system icons.

I don’t understand why this is a problem with so many of the themes available.

ALL of the film and promotional themes are garbage. I can never read any test with them.
Toro theme is great and so is the lbp 3 one. They made an effort with those at least.

I have the Final Fantasy X From Zanarkand theme. I don’t see me changing it unless I get an Okami one.

You forgot to mention the free Dishonored theme that went up on Wednesday I believe.

StevenJamesHyde 23 July, 2015 @ 22:13
35.1

That’s not a theme, it’s a ShareFactory skin. It’s store placement and name is very misleading

35.2

No it’s not I downloaded it yesterday it is 100% a theme. A static one but a very good one.

Most themes currently available are fantastic. With some minor exceptions that do nothing other than changing the background image.

Also, who’s decision was to bring all of those baseball teams themes? Seem unusual to have these themes available in Europe where the sport is much less popular.

Doubt I’ll find a new one as good as the theme that came with the Future Press Bloodborne guide

Sooooomeone’s in the SF5 beta…
Same here let’s go!

Cheers for posting all the themes. I’m unable to view them on my PS4, just leads to the PStore with two folders one saying Sharefactory Themes & another called Themes, in all are empty. When themes were first released I was able to download a few (20th anniversary in some others).

Now the only way I’ve been able to get themes are by links/codes that add them to my download history

NlGHTGROWLER 24 July, 2015 @ 05:48

Many of available themes are poor quality themes. Will there be released Toolkit for making custom themes or is there any chance for taking part in PS4 theme development?
Here You can see my PS3 themes:

XR-NOFEAR17 24 July, 2015 @ 07:20

When will we be able to set our own backgrounds like on the PS3 and PSVita? And when can we start using own/fan made themes for the PS4 like we also can on the PS3? The PS4 is nothing but a joke with the options it has now, the PS3 still can do a lot more in general.

hey hey,

Love themes I really do. Why oh why do they insist on destroying such beautiful artwork with an awful logo or banner for the game ! So many themes are ruined by splashing the title on it.

Psychonaut038 24 July, 2015 @ 09:45

2 years past and almost non themes. Shame on you sony.

Many thanks for Paper Sculpture, very beautiful and usable theme!

I purchased the theme “3D HQ galaxy of master cube” but I can’t download it? It says I’ve purchased it on the store and I’ve got an email saying I purchased it. I wasn’t given any option to download it and when I go back to the theme it doesn’t give me any option either.

Any help?

45.1

Same here dude, just bought the theme, i’m not able to download it anywhere!? PLEASE HELP US! That theme is a scam!

45.2

Go into your Settings menu and choose Themes, this should show you all themes you have available and give you the option to download them if not already…

our themes that we have compared to the us store is appalling, they have over 600 themes including final fantasy x, ambient themes like waterfalls, animals and our store hasn’t changed since themes were launched, we have measly 70 themes compared to other regions, get your finger out and do something about it SCEE, i’m getting fed up of waiting for improvements when there isn’t one.

TheBeanPole 24 July, 2015 @ 17:15

Want aquarium, space, landscape dynamic themes. Ps4 uk themes are so boring. US store has over 650, we have about 30 plus a load of baseball themes which is bizarre as I know of no baseball being played any where other than US. I’m sure there must be someone in SCEE laughing. Sabotage!

Dave-The-Rave 24 July, 2015 @ 19:14

Can we get more Dynamic abstract themes like the Rectangular Theme. Static themes look bad, especially the ones with too much stuff going on which makes things hard to read. I like the clean simple ones with some nice animations like the one mentioned above and the original theme.

Goodacre0081 24 July, 2015 @ 19:43

I love how you didn’t list any of the utter garbage that floods the theme selection you have on the storefront. just let us set out own wallpaper and we wouldn’t care about the crap themes for sale.

MikeCDorsey 24 July, 2015 @ 20:20

This is an awesome compilation of all the ps4 themes in great details, but why can’t we view these PS4 themes in the detail on the PS4? I would be nice to know what they look like before we pirvhase one, I’m just saying.

Load all

We close the comments for posts after 30 days.

Edit history