Posted

New on PlayStation Store this week: King’s Quest, N++, The Swindle, more

Plus, get ready for the PlayStation Store Summer Sale

First up this week, King’s Quest – Chapter 1: A Knight to Remember, the first part of a five-chapter game series that boldly reimagines one of gaming’s most groundbreaking franchises.

An aging King Graham reflects on a life of adventure with his granddaughter, Gwendolyn, taking players back to his teen years and his quest to become a knight of Daventry in King Edward’s royal guard. Discover a wondrous world full of whimsical characters, charming puzzles and perilous dangers.

Elsewhere, sharpen your reflexes in preparation for fiendish platformer N++. Utilise your ninja skills traversing through tricky levels and evading homicidal enemy robots. And if you’re just too good for the standard levels, why not create your own in the level-editor?

Also out this week, acclaimed procedural platformer The Swindle, and the fourth part of Square-Enix’s popular Life is Strange saga.

As ever, we will also have new discounts to share with you tomorrow – check back then as we kick off the annual PlayStation Store Summer Sale.

PlayStation StoreOut this week

£4.99/€5.99/AU$8.95
  • Unite in Speed Tour Pack
    £1.69/€1.99/AU$2.95
  • Evolve

• Medic Victory Skin Pack
    £3.99/€4.99/AU$7.55
  • Hustle Kings (29/07/15)

• Snooker Exhibition Pack

• Red Fury
    £36.99/€44.99/AU$67.95

PS3 DLC

• Minecraft

• Greek Mythology Mash-up
    £3.29/€3.99/AU$5.95
  • King’s Quest (29/07/15)

• Season Pass

• 10% off, ends 11 August

• The Swindle

• 15% off, ends 11 August

Free for PlayStation Plus subscribers in July

126 Comments
7 Author replies

whinge whinge moan moan whinge moan cry sob whinge.

There….I’ve saved you all the bother.

zalwelgoedgaan 28 July, 2015 @ 13:13
1.1

I LOVE YOU SONY!! **SLUUUUUUURRRP**

There… I’ve saved you the bother as well.

spacedelete2 28 July, 2015 @ 13:17
1.2

do you know the definition of irony ?

@zalwelgoedgaan So you want to tongue everything you’re not dissatisfied with? No middle ground for you? Are you in prison? :-)

Show more replies
Porcupeth00 28 July, 2015 @ 13:08

Once again another japanese game gets delayed due to specific EU certification process (Sword art online PS4)
Thanks SCEE.

supersmith2500 28 July, 2015 @ 13:51
2.1

It’s now due 4th August according to Bandai Namco’s tweet which is next week.

Porcupeth00 28 July, 2015 @ 14:09
2.2

I know, US gets it today.

You know you can just download it from the US store if you can’t wait… not sure what the big issue is here..

Solid_Snake1987 28 July, 2015 @ 13:09

In the N++ post two weeks ago they said:

“As a special treat for PlayStation players, it’s a whopping 20% off for PlayStation Plus members for its first two weeks on sale.”

However looking on the store it’s only 10% off. Is that a mistake or have they changed their minds in the last two weeks?

3.1

I was just posting about this exact same thing. Why is it now 10% off :(

KaneTheGoth 28 July, 2015 @ 16:41
3.2

It’s been confirmed by Fred as 10% now.

lordvorador 28 July, 2015 @ 13:09

Will Deadpool for PS3 be available in EU as well or is this only for the US

frimo_online 28 July, 2015 @ 14:15
4.1

The US only got a relisting. It’s not a new release or anything. We’ve had it for ages. It went missing for like 3-6 months last year at some point, but that’s it. You can grab it from the EU store right now.

Jawad Ashraf 28 July, 2015 @ 14:19
4.2

It was re-released last week on PS3 for Europe.

lordvorador 28 July, 2015 @ 14:37
4.3

Yea I meant relisted. I know it’s a older game.
Thanks for the info frimo_online and Jawad . Don’t know how I missed it last week . But going to pick it up now

Hey Jawad, do you have any information about the EU release date for Phantom Breaker: Battle Grounds Overdrive (PS4)? It was supposed to be out worldwide on the 21st but came out in US on the 23rd and there’s no info about EU :/

Jawad Ashraf 28 July, 2015 @ 14:19
5.1

Nah, not yet.

Thanks I guess :((

plateialumitar 30 July, 2015 @ 10:46
5.3

I was hoping to buy that on release to play with my brothers, really sucks how it was announced and then immediately just went radio silent for EU.

cognac-vsop 28 July, 2015 @ 13:12

when will you announce the August PS+ line up?

supersmith2500 28 July, 2015 @ 13:53
6.1

Most likely tomorrow.

frimo_online 28 July, 2015 @ 14:16
6.2

Failing that, could be Friday. Not seen much of a pattern these days, but was consistently the Friday before they were available not too long ago.

Jawad Ashraf 28 July, 2015 @ 14:20
6.3

Soon. They’re typically done a week before. Hold tight.

Show more replies
mereaperuminion 28 July, 2015 @ 13:12

Okay this says Yu-Gi-Oh! is out but it’s not on the store yet and I’m trying to throw my money at it but nothing’s happening

BrAdAZ360XD 28 July, 2015 @ 13:21
7.1

Haha same! Hopefully its just the store being slow to update with that specific game.

mereaperuminion 28 July, 2015 @ 13:57
7.2

Looks like none of the games are up yet. I’ll give it a few hours, I got back into The Crew anyway so I can grind for some l50 parts

Jawad Ashraf 28 July, 2015 @ 14:21
7.3

Throw money at me!

The game is delayed. Sitting at next week, at this moment, but is subject to change.

Show more replies
Max500600_NL 28 July, 2015 @ 13:13

Hey, where’s the Dishonored Definitive Edition preorder?

King’s Quest is calling me!
BTW are we going to learn August’s PS Plus games today?

spacedelete2 28 July, 2015 @ 13:19
9.1

yes when is the PS Plus line up. better be somthing good. a few remasters like Saints Row 4 or Sleeping dogs is needed. not renewing my PS Plus sub until PS Plus is good again.

cognac-vsop 28 July, 2015 @ 13:22
9.2

@spacedelete2 yeah i’m waiting for saints row 4, sleeping dogs or killzone to go free.. that would be nice. also wouldn’t mind NFS Rivals

Never mind the fact that Sleeping Dogs PS3 is around £3 used and the PS4 version I’ve seen as low as £14.99 new in places like Game. The same goes for Saint’s Row IV PS4 version is around £19.99 or less. Neither of these games were expensive when they came out “re-mastered” for PS4.

We have already had Sleeping Dogs PS3 as a plus game in the past

Will Playstation Plus games be announced today since they are released on Tuesday from now on?

cognac-vsop 28 July, 2015 @ 13:17

Hopefully that Annual PlayStation Store Summer Sale is good. I’m bored till MGS V is out, need stuff to play for August.

@Jawad, any news about Phantom Breaker on PS4? It was supposed to have a wordwide release last week I think, and NA got it from what I remember.

@Jawad, could you let Steven Isbell of the LBP team know that the Sci-Fi Pack they released today doesn’t actually work?

It shows as installed, but there is no new content whatsoever, and i’m not the only user with that problem.

Thanks.

13.1

It works fine here. The new content is just costumes and stickers – no actual levels – use the in-game filters to find content… :)
The content that is very broken is 4ThePlayers DLC – eligibility has been glitched for months – lol

13.2

Tried the filters. Nothing.

Guys, I want to bring to your attention a recent change in payment process on the store and how annoying it is, its also a big hassle to someone who is working via permanent VPN connection and virtually from another country.

For some time now any purchase I try to make from work or even from mobile store is blocked and I need to do it from home. With recent poor performance from PSN and download speeds around 10kb/s most of the time this is a huge problem, since normally I would buy from work and have everything or most of the stuff installed on my PS4 by the time I am at home…

14.1

I cannot say I have the same experience. I’m working from within a bank, with rigid VPN/routers in place, but have been able to connect to the Store and pay/buy whatever I want. You might want to check the VPN your company is using.

14.2

Dunno, for me, every time I am trying to buy something it throws out an error and locks me out for at least 24h, after that I just have to use another CC at home, damn it ;p …. really confusing, because it wasn’t always like that :(

When (or) will the Dishonored Definitive pre-order upgrade be available for EU?

15.1

I didn’t think that was a particular tricky question.

RoaringMdog18 28 July, 2015 @ 13:23

Are you guys sure Yu-Gi-Oh is coming out this week?

Jawad Ashraf 28 July, 2015 @ 14:16
16.1

Indeed this has been delayed. Typical :/

TheBigG_U_Y_ 28 July, 2015 @ 14:24
16.2

wait its even more delayed?

TheBigG_U_Y_ 28 July, 2015 @ 14:26
16.3

so is it coming out?

Show more replies
Martingutten 28 July, 2015 @ 13:24

Wow, is the price on Legend of Kay Anniversary for real? 269 Kr on PSN. It is 126 Kr on Steam you know. That is bad business SCEE. I allways try to buy my games on PSN nowadays, but not for 130 Kr more. Will have to see if SCEA is more sane, and get it from them! (do you have any idea how many sales you lose to them because of this strange anti-Europe pricing of yours?) =/

17.1

SCEE didn’t set the price for Legend of Kay it was the publisher Nordic Games.

17.2

It’s going to be $30, so not much of a difference. Anti-console pricing, not anti-Europe…

17.3

SCEE do set the price (as devs in the past have confirmed when the price was upped without them knowing). In fact I believe it would be illegal for the publisher to demand a price as it would count as resale price maintenance. Jawad or Fred are welcome to come on here and say they don’t set the prices the publishers do – an admission of guilt is always useful in a court

TheBigG_U_Y_ 28 July, 2015 @ 13:26

So can you confirm that YU-GI-OH LEGACY OF THE DUELIST IS OUT (28TH) TODAY?

Arthurlantern 28 July, 2015 @ 13:29

Any news on oddworld new n tasty for vita?

19.1

if nothing has been posted in the official Oddworld site as of today, i wouldn’t expect news anytime soon… just look at the gap between PS4 and PS3 editions.

StevenJamesHyde 28 July, 2015 @ 14:45
19.2

The Oddworld site still has it down as a vague “2015”. But you’d think that giving a more concrete date would be an appropriate way to celebrate the 1-year anniversary of me buying the PS4 version on the assumption that a Vita version would be available “soon”

The link to Yugioh doesn’t work… should I be worried??

StevenJamesHyde 28 July, 2015 @ 13:34

Cool, wasn’t expecting FoxTales quite so soon

Kinda sucky Sword art online PS4 isnt on our store but is on the US

Kung Fury: Street Rage £3.99

Thats free on mobiles pmsl.

23.1

With or without ads?

23.2

I haven’t seen an Ad on my phone since smartphones have been around :-)
Adblockers FTW.

Are we getting the Dishonoured Upgrade Deal for 50% off like the USA?

15.99 for yugioh? and are those DLC packs story related things or just cards?

Also 15.99 for N++ the developers must be high

BrAdAZ360XD 28 July, 2015 @ 13:50
25.1

Pretty sure the DLC packs are more story duels. Like the GX one contains duels from the Japan-only season 4 (like the duel vs Nightshroud and Yugi)

25.2

Seriously? to hell with that then

TheBigG_U_Y_ 28 July, 2015 @ 14:13
25.3

Are any others not working or just yugioh

Show more replies
KaneTheGoth 28 July, 2015 @ 13:47

Kings Quest, finally! Instabuy.

Right well I guess I can get on with what I got. Nothing for me this week.

mattyhew2100 28 July, 2015 @ 14:01

Bought and downloaded Never Alone: Foxtales but not showing up anywhere in-game…

Nightmare966 28 July, 2015 @ 14:15

Hi Jawad! I need to ask you about the status of two items that should have been released some weeks ago. First one is Prime Accessories for Warframe, which should have been released with Ash Prime Access but somehow all the SCEE territory is missing it. Did you guys receive it? it seems Digital Extremes did send it.

Second one is Warframe releated too: Renown Pack V for Saudi Arabia seems to be missing as well according to users.

If you could check the status of those items it’d be great, since they’re time limited and each that passes is a week closer to it going down. I’ll also leave you the official forums link to the PS4 thread of the items, in case you need some more info: https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/488025-psa-prime-access-limited-availability-in-some-regions/

Thanks beforehand! :)

Does anyone know if anything is going to be done about the two versions of Pinball Arcade Season Four on the store? Every season pass before it was cross-buy between vita and ps3. I mainly play on Vita and rarely on ps3. When season four came out it was original ps3 only. The vita release came months later. Rather than make the original version cross-buy like the others there was a new release that was cross-buy. That didn’t help me as I bought the original release thinking I could play the ps3 version whilst waiting for the vita version.

There’s no way I’m buying the season pass twice.

Here’s the original store release

Here’s later cross-buy release

Show full comment

There’s no way I’m buying the season pass twice.

Here’s the original store release

Here’s later cross-buy release

Same game, same price, only one is cross-buy. Sony won’t answer the email, they want me to call the help desk. Farsight say they’ll look into it then I hear nothing back

Any updates on Harvest Moon: Back to Nature?

SeventhFonist 28 July, 2015 @ 14:33

It would be GREAT if Sony would fix Kings Quest Complete Collection preorders. For some reason it shows that we bought the “season pass” which is chapters 2-5 and does not allow us to play the first chapter. I was finally able to download it but it is now saying that I must update the application in order to use it. Completely useless and a waste of my time. I wanted to get playing this before I have to work today. Guess I won’t get to. The first and last time I will ever preorder anything from the PSN store.

was interested in N++, but not for that price, and i very rarely complain about the price of indy games. $15-$20au sure but not $30

33.1

Price is going UP with each expansion!

infernalmonkey1 28 July, 2015 @ 14:39

Wow $30 AUD for N++ is absolutely mental for a digital-only release.

Jawad didn’t the developers for N++ say there would be a 20% discount for plus members? Cause the discount on the store is not 20% off

The Swindle looks right up my alley. When will Dishonored Definitive Edition be up for pre-order?

Leathalscott 28 July, 2015 @ 14:47

Did Yugioh get removed? guess its not this week then oh well.

BrAdAZ360XD 28 July, 2015 @ 15:05
37.1

Delayed till 31st July (Friday) according to Konami EU Twitter

So that “whopping” PS+ discount for N++ is actually 10%? Not buying then…

Previous news on EU blog:
“Yes, N++ will be coming to your PS4 on 29th July, 2015. As a special treat for PlayStation players, it’s a whopping 20% off for PlayStation Plus members for its first two weeks on sale.”

I also feel the need to chime in and point out that the devs did promise a 20% PS+ discount but we only seem to have a 10% discount.

I plan to buy it anyway but I’ll be annoyed if I buy it now and the discount is increased later today…

Any word on when Onigiri is coming? It was suppose to be on ps4 a very very very long time ago. So I’m guessing I should just download the PC version then.

I checked the store, as I do every week, to see if terminator for pinball arcade PS4 was out. Yeh it finally was. So i bought it now I cant download it from the webstore or from within the game.

Hi Jawad, any update on the N++ Plus discount? The developers said it should be 20% not 10%.

Also anyone who has purchased the Never Alone Foxtales dlc, how much extra content is included? I’m guessing there will be more dlc (tales) at a later date hopefully. I think I’ll hold off buying it until tomorrow when hopefully there will be loads of goodies to pick up in the summer sale as well.

Not only we’re getting 10% discount instead of promised 20%, but we got no pre-order and no 10% coupon code when getting 2 titles off the digital summer games like US… Not to mention the regular prices are higher too with this conversion rate.

44.1

That promotion is US only!!!

44.2

Yes that’s what I’m saying in general about how EU Store lacks promotions. The 20% off for N++ however was promised here on EU blog for the first two weeks on sale.

According to a dev on twitter that was US only even though the post on this blog clearly says 20% off for two weeks ON SALE not for Pre-order

Pure pool Snooker pack…!!! :)))

46.1

Not according to the publishers Ripstone, first they heard of it…they tweeted me “it is coming” but it is not out this week…according to them…

Jawad Ashraf 29 July, 2015 @ 10:14
46.2

It won’t be coming out this week, sadly. The date was changed after this post was put together.

Where’s Abyss Odyssey: Extended Dream Edition?

PS_TrophyHunter 28 July, 2015 @ 16:19

Is the DLC for Witcher 3 coming out this week as it was not released last week when it was suppose too?

48.1

Not this week. As for last week’s one, the new animations were released last Thursday so EU has all 15.

Can we clarify Pure Pool Snooker DLC? Ripstone, the publishers, have tweeted me back saying it is not getting released tomorrow.

woestijnkroket 28 July, 2015 @ 16:29

European store updates are on Tuesdays from now on? just like US???

50.1

Yeah, it moved a few weeks ago. But the deals are still on wednesdays

Load all

We close the comments for posts after 30 days.

Edit history