Posted

New Rocket League maps, vehicles, game modes and trophies coming in August

A mix of paid and free DLC to expand the smash hit sports mash-up

We’re extremely excited about the success of Rocket League since its launch in PlayStation Plus on 7th July – we couldn’t have done it without you! For those of you who haven’t played Rocket League, it’s still available for free on PlayStation Plus until 4th August so join in the fun!

With that in mind, we thought we’d bring you more good news with a complete rundown of what to expect in our upcoming “Supersonic Fury” DLC pack.

As we mentioned in our launch post earlier this month, the Supersonic Fury DLC Pack includes two brand new Battle-Cars: the over-the-top American muscle car, Dominus, and the souped-up Japanese street racer, Takumi. Both of these vehicles offer six different Decals for Garage customisation (12 total) and are ONLY available for play in the DLC.

#07 - 20140604-0190#08 - Co_Op (5)

Besides the new Battle-Cars, the DLC Pack also includes two all-new Rocket Boosts (“Nitrous” and “Burnout”), two new Wheel sets (the soccer ball-themed “Cristiano” and the very-cool “Spinner” set), five all-new Paint Types (“Brushed Metal, Carbon Fiber, Metallic Pearl, Pearlescent,” and “Wood”), and a handful of new Trophies. This entire collection will be available in early August priced €3.99.

E3_2015_Mediakit_018

In addition to the Supersonic Fury DLC, we will also release a FREE game update that offers an assortment of new content, including our first new map, Utopia Coliseum, and more than 70 new country flags. The long-awaited “Spectator Mode” will be in there too, allowing viewers to watch live games in real-time from any angle in the arena. Spectator controls are very similar to that of our existing “Replay Viewer’s”, so start practicing now and get ready for the drop!

Further enhancements, like updated Goal explosions and Demolitions, are planned for the free update as well, along with the brand new song, “Firework,” from the critically-acclaimed electronica group, Hollywood Principle.

#07 - 20140604-0190#08 - Co_Op (5)

It is our sincere hope that this mix of paid DLC and free add-on content is what Rocket League fans have been waiting for, and it’s just the beginning of what is plenty more to come. Thanks once again for your continued support and we’ll see you again very, very soon.

51 Comments
0 Author replies
turbogeek421 30 July, 2015 @ 15:03

This is the first game I’m playing after I finish Batman AK New Game+. Until then, https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ySFWsvOA0KI

SGTV-Steebs 30 July, 2015 @ 15:07

Bring it on! I love me some Rocket League. Will be buying the DLC to support the devs :)

VictorAnalogy 30 July, 2015 @ 15:07

I’ll be buying this. I feel like I owe Psyonix money after all the fun I’m having for free. :D

StevenJamesHyde 30 July, 2015 @ 15:16

Cool, I shall be buying. Is update 1.03 out yet?

Additional suggestion as a way for me to give the devs money – consider releasing a collectible steelbook version of the game, like Ether One and Tower of Guns are doing

Carnivius_Prime 30 July, 2015 @ 15:28

Bring it on. Getting such a n enjoyable game for free made me feel a bit like I stole it. Take my money please. :)

could you do trophies free?

6.1

And how are you going to earn them, Sherlock, if they are connected to the cars and arena you get in the paid DLC? Magic?

DoYouLikeMyID 30 July, 2015 @ 16:14
6.2

@maniakplm The new map/arena (Utopia Coliseum) is part of the free update, not the paid DLC.

6.3

how do you know what this trophies might be? New map is free.

Show more replies
Vladislav77 30 July, 2015 @ 15:44

Ohhhh , why this DLC isn’t free for ps plus?

7.1

Because you got the game for free.

7.2

we paid for the game with ps+ sub. it’s not for free. it’s very cheap for us but not free.

Congrats on the big success you guys! Looking forward to the DLC and hopefully MUCH more content in the future. And the spectator Mode is awesome. Means more tournaments! :D

Guys, when are you going to finally fix Far Far Away? I’ve been playing non-stop for weeks and I am one trophy away from the platinum, but my wheels are stuck at 9km. Also, if you fix it and the number becomes 500km when everyone else seems to have gotten it at 60-70km, I will probably lose my [DELETED]

Stonesthrow 31 July, 2015 @ 00:30
9.1

You have to play offline Exhibition for this and just keep driving around the field while boosting or whatever. I know it takes a long time, it took me about a week of just driving around the boosts and I thought I’d never get it but the other day it finally popped. I’m pretty sure it has to be offline Exhibition since that’s the only place where the stats are being saved. It also shows up in your ‘what’s new’ after some time (driven 250km, 500,..) so that should be a nice confirmation. I think I got about up to 1 km for every type of wheels, and my favorite wheels are up to 30 km (to give you a rough estimate), the numbers are a bit weird but don’t mind that and just keep going . It’s boring as hell but you’ll get there eventually. Besides this annoying trophy it’s an easy and fun to get Platinum.

9.2

Pro-tip: 2 rubber bands on your PS4 controller, one holding the left stick pushed to the right and one holding R2. Do this after going into an offline no-bots exhibition game. Because the score ties at 0-0 you will go into overtime and it will continue forever (until you wake up in the morning and hopefully the trophy will have popped). You’ll need to make sure your controller is plugged in so it won’t run out of charge.

spacedelete2 30 July, 2015 @ 15:55

Rocket League is absolutely brilliant. one of the few indy games that are better and more fun than many AAA games. i hope you guys got paid very well for bringing this to PS Plus and i hope you guys make a lot more money because you deserve it. as the game is so fun i will buy the DLC just to show my support.

More Rocket League? TAKE MY MONEY!!!!

is there a english price for this DLC please

12.1

Contrary to what has been claimed previously UK prices are set by SCEE rather than devs/publishers but typically a €4 DLC comes in as £3 and change, I’m expecting £3.19 ish.

I just want an option. In the menu to turn off the grass and whatever else cooks my ps4 every time I play this.
No exaggeration ,but I have to open the window and put a fan on if I play this for longer than 20 minutes because it heats the room up so much.

13.1

Lol what you gonna do when games start using ps4’s power to it’s full potential?

Stonesthrow 31 July, 2015 @ 00:41
13.2

Check my comment 20. Turn V-sync off in options. Hope it helps ;)

13.3

True, didn’t you know the PS4 doubles as a radiator – great for the winter months :D

I want to play this game again but hate when i did play it makes my PS4 Fan go mental :-/ Oh well.

14.1

Lol same for you. Check comment 13.1

Stonesthrow 31 July, 2015 @ 00:45
14.2

Try turning V-sync off. Worked for me and the overheating issues were out of the world here..

LastMinuteSavior 30 July, 2015 @ 17:51

“…the DLC Pack also includes (…) two new Wheel sets (the soccer ball-themed “Cristiano” and the very-cool “Spinner” set)…”

CR7 is EVERYWHERE!!

Rocket League has been the best game ever released on PS+ in my opinion. I will be buying the DLC for sure because this team deserves my money.

Cosmetic upgrades are OK but what I would be interested in are additional game modes, obstacles and even multiplayer seasons.
Oh and a full compliment of teams so you don’t play everyone tines in a 36 week season.
Cheers

Easily the best free game on ps plus. Ill buy the dlc just to show support.
Nearly as good as GTI Club on ps3.A highly underrated game

Finka_Karfein 30 July, 2015 @ 21:50

Psyonix, please, consider adding in a future DLC a non-ranked mode to play with a crate instead of a ball like in SARPBC but with an option to play with friends and online. It was sad to be limited to only one single-player match with a crate. And it was so much fun :)

DoYouLikeMyID 30 July, 2015 @ 23:04
19.1

I have no idea just how many times I played that challenge in SARPBC. It was just so much fun. It would definitely be awesome to see that as an option in Rocket League. That, and some different stages like the ship and that circular map in SARPBC would be great! :D

Stonesthrow 31 July, 2015 @ 00:39

Loving the game. It’s the kind of game that simply can’t seem to get me irritated. I don’t care or don’t need to ragequit since the tide can turn in seconds and even when it’s lagging I just consider it a different kind of mode which is still fun to play :d Takumi looks pretty nice although I already have a favourite car :p

BTW, on the off chance some people might still be having overheating issues with this game (not menu related) : I managed to magically get it working after a month of overheating after just one 5 minute match, by simply turning off the v-sync in options. It’s not as smooth but atleast it runs proper now for me.

I can’t get enough of this game! But I wish they change their minds and offer a season pass… :(

21.1

Agreed, I would buy a season pass!

So, no word on fixing the game so it doesn’t over heat consoles? No thanks. Won’t be downloading till this issue is fixed by the developer.

22.1

The developer has said they fixed the majority of the heat issues in the 1.03 patch, and that they’re continuing to optimise the game

Would love to see some more variety arenas along the lines of the old SARPBC levels.
Arenas only differing in their skins has been my one minor complaint so far in an otherwise great game.

As usual, US blog has more responses to similar questions asked here.

Can’t wait to get this

This is great news :D

“Both of these vehicles offer six different Decals for Garage customisation (12 total) and are ONLY available for play in the DLC.”

But you can only play with the DLC cars in the DLC mode? Why aren’t they available to play with in the base game as well?

ChameleonVector 31 July, 2015 @ 12:40

How about just update the game to fix the overheating issue WHICH HAS BROKE MY PS4 / HDD!! I’ve emailed your pr team as you have no support options, and I’ve messaged your Fb page and had no responce. Your game overheated my PS4, whoch forced it to shut down and corrupted my HDD. I’ve had to format and reinstall everything three times, and my PS4 now runs like a glitchy bag of mess.. You knew about this issue during the beta. I advise everyone to be careful with this game. It could happen to anyone..

All these overheating complaints :/
I’ve played since it’s release, never overheated on me.
Did it overheat during online?

Anyway, I’m buying this and I hope for different arenas with obstacles n different shapes n such in the future :)

ChameleonVector 03 August, 2015 @ 19:36
27.2

Yeah, I was just playing the game in single player as we couldn’t get online from server issues and my lass tapped me on the shoulder as my PS4 fans were going crazy, I couldn’t hear them through me headset (Turtlebeach). I asked my friend if his PS4 was doing the same, and he said his was fine, then my PS4 switched it’s self off. Corruoted my hard drive and my PS4 has had nothing but issues since. Still waiting on a reply from them, which I doubt I’ll ever get..

Fantastic game but more cars and stadiums is not actually what this game needs – it needs tournaments, team systems and leaderboards – things that makes it a point to win and continue playing. It also need to punish leavers.

28.1

you just got a patch with the later sorted (the rage quiters) yesterday at 6.00pm so that sorted Pandapony

FusionStryder 01 August, 2015 @ 02:13

Should be double the price with all that content and because it’s free. Will be getting this!

When will this game come out in Singapore?

I’ll be buying this.

We close the comments for posts after 30 days.

Edit history