New video goes behind the scenes with Everybody’s Gone to the Rapture

Plus, check out the dynamic theme for the PS4

Mere weeks – all that’s left before finding out how the world ended on 6th June 1984. We definitely share The Chinese Room’s excitement and anticipation in revealing what exactly befell quiet Yaughton Valley.

Part of the allure behind Everybody’s Gone to the Rapture is exploring every nook and cranny throughout the valley and finding small yet personal details of its residents. In the midst of a larger and catastrophic event players are drawn into finding out more and uncovering the story behind this close-knit community.

Creative Director Dan Pinchbeck and Environment Artist Alex Grahame took some time to discuss their thoughts on what makes Everybody’s Gone to the Rapture a uniquely British apocalypse.

And we’ve good news to share with European fans looking forward to Everybody’s Gone to the Rapture: this wonderfully crafted Dynamic Theme will be available as a bonus with purchase during the first two weeks of release. PS Plus subscribers will also be able to enjoy a 20% off discount within that period.

Don’t forget to visit gonetotherapture.com to find out more.

Rapture_WindmillTheme_Day_Function_01Rapture_WindmillTheme_Night_Function_04
19 Comments
4 Author replies

Can’t friggin’ wait for this!!

looking forward, and happy to see that the EU is also getting the lovely theme.

Jeff Legaspi 31 July, 2015 @ 18:34
2.1

Glad you’re looking forward to it!

Stop teasing and take my money.

Having grown up in a little Yorkshire village in the 1980s, I can totally relate to the setting and the time period. Four TV channels, no Internet, and if you just walked into the fields on a quiet Sunday you could just imagine that the world had ended and you were the only one left.

I get to experience an apocalypse story and revisit my childhood at the same time – count me in!

damnspynovel 31 July, 2015 @ 15:00
3.1

Agreed – it looks just like my childhood too (in Yorkshire!).

EXCEPT i don’t buy that anyone in your average rural community would’ve been able to create the flyers seen at 1:40 …

3.2

LOL yeah, damnspynovel it’s the little things you notice when it comes to full immersion – they do look a little professionally done for a small rural village. Authentic look would have them handwritten, and I won’t be able to not notice them now.

Then again, never underestimate the ingenuity of the Church Organising Committee. You agree to help that one time, and before you know it your office’s equipment has been co-opted into producing posters on demand for the rest of recorded time … well, at least that’s one problem the apocalypse solved.

Jeff Legaspi 31 July, 2015 @ 18:36
3.3

This is awesome to hear! The Chinese Room put in a lot of time and effort to create the sort of tone and atmosphere that you describe.

I think this the first time I’ve seen a post on the blog that specifically states that the additional theme and early bird discount apply to Europe as well. It really shouldn’t be necessary but as we’ve seen recently with US dates, US pricing and US only offers being posted here on the EU Blog I think they should become a regular thing.

Thanks for including us.

Jeff Legaspi 31 July, 2015 @ 18:39
4.1

No problem – we’ve had a few questions about the theme from European fans so we’re glad to share the good news!

So how much will the game cost in EU?
On the US store it’s 20 dollars without and 16 with PS+ I believe.

5.1

Probably £15.99 and £12.99 with plus.

Ha. Almost spot on! Not to toot my own trumpet…

Huono_peleis 31 July, 2015 @ 15:48

So the actual gameplay is about walking around and looking at things? Flush the toilet before you leave to get a trophy?

Dear Esther Unity for Morpheus.

If the price is fairly compared to the US I’m sure to buy it day one. I’m so looking forwards to experience it.

But can someone please tell me when day 1 is , I’ve tried everywhere to preorder but only the U.S. Store has it, it’s only a week away and not available in UK store, c’mon please Santa Monica!
GOW remastered could preorder weeks before

rainy-cloud8 31 July, 2015 @ 19:46

the story is not interesting at all .. but i gotta say the graphics are incredible ..

Can you tell us roughly how many hours of gameplay are to be had?

When can we preorder the game??

11.1

Did you Bio-boost while typing this? I also couldn’t find where to pre order, but bought game in store midnight, very peed off with the psn store as I paid full price not with 20% off!!!

Hope mizuki is ok

leifbjarnehammer 02 August, 2015 @ 09:42

Yeah, when can we pre-order this gme?

12.1

It’s not available for pre-order, but we are offering the North American pre-order bonuses (dynamic theme and 20% off discount w/ PS Plus) during the first two weeks of the game’s release!

So im right in saying it will just appear in uk store on 11th?

We close the comments for posts after 30 days.

Edit history