Posted

Your first look at the Uncharted: The Nathan Drake Collection Special Edition

Grab the deluxe version of Naughty Dog’s forthcoming compendium

Summer time is here. Time to sit back, relax and look forward to the games coming out this autumn. If you are anything like me, then you’re looking forward to Uncharted: The Nathan Drake Collection. If so, I’ve got some news that might just make your day: the announcement of the Uncharted: The Nathan Drake Collection Special Edition.

E3_2015_Mediakit_018

And what would an Uncharted Special Edition be without some collectible treasures for your mantelpiece?

E3_2015_Mediakit_018

To that end, we’re including an epic 48-page The Art of Uncharted Trilogy artbook, which includes a hand-picked selection of concept art from Drake’s Fortune, Among Thieves and Drake’s Deception – something that all Uncharted fans will enjoy.

The Special Edition also comes with an exquisitely designed steelbook and a handful of stickers.

All this, obviously in addition to the three Uncharted single player campaigns remastered in 1080p and 60fps and exclusive access to the Uncharted 4 multiplayer beta.

Launching on 7th October in Europe, Australia and New Zealand and 9th October in UK and Ireland, this is definitely something worth dreaming about over the summer.

Did you enjoy this?

Comments

63 Comments 0 Author replies
Show oldest first

demonsgalore 3 August, 2015 @ 12:05 pm   1

Best thing about it it comes with a U4 Beta code!

It’ll be a GAME exclusive so no thanks!

StevenJamesHyde 3 August, 2015 @ 12:36 pm

Not so – I’ve had it pre-ordered from 365games for a good few weeks now

masquamacus 3 August, 2015 @ 4:40 pm

I don’t know why are you mad at GAME. I bought my PS4 there and I have no regrets. GameStop is much worse.

residentSteve 3 August, 2015 @ 5:53 pm

What’s wrong with game? Great company.

navelfluff 3 August, 2015 @ 6:26 pm

I used to work for them and disagree with a lot of the nonsense that they partake in. So I’d rather not buy anything from them either.

ocelot07 3 August, 2015 @ 7:12 pm

Noting actually wrong with game. They are just over priced most of the time. Compared to other online retailers like Simplygames.

Game have to pay for their brick and mortar stores, something we would sorely miss if we lost them. They can’t really undercut themselves with their online store otherwise people would be going in store demanding the price they see in store. Yes they secure a lot of the exclusives but that’s how they make some money. People who hate on game lack understanding.

joedix88 4 August, 2015 @ 7:16 am

My only issue with them is they buy out special editions as exclusives then over charge for them because they can.

TrueMurton 4 August, 2015 @ 7:35 pm

@ocelot

Actually the price in regular stores is the “normal” price, the saving you’re seeing online is because the vast majority of online retailers are due to them not paying VAT and passing that saving to you.

Where can this be pre-ordered in the UK?

will there be a demo ?

Three stickers is a handful? Really small hands…

IcemanAFC 3 August, 2015 @ 12:35 pm   6

I am getting this. Where do I pre-order?

Assassin-_-MerKz 3 August, 2015 @ 12:47 pm   7

3 Sticker’s ? What is this ? A Special Edition for ants ? i hope “PS4” wont be printed on the front of the steelbook, also lets hope it isn’t a bare metal steelbook

Macieeek 3 August, 2015 @ 2:26 pm

I totally agree. We want a slick and neat look of that steelbook! I hope there won’t be any “PS4 Exclusive” Naughty Dog, Pegi and all that spam on a front page. This is supposed to be the best game remaster for the PS4 I hope they will take care of it and listen to us, the customers.

I wasn’t aware that the United Kingdom wasn’t in Europe anymore. Why is it being released 2 days later.

pablo-hassan 3 August, 2015 @ 1:03 pm   9

Defo getting this

WolfiePL 3 August, 2015 @ 1:33 pm   10

eh same art for steelbook as standard edition? kinda lazy. its a trilogy i think steelbook featuring Drake, Elena, Sully and Chloe would be better… artbook is ok and stickers are waste of space, soundtrack CD featuring music from all 3 games would be better

i already have the cd soundtrack for the 3rd game that i got included with the limited edition strategy guide for 3 🙂 but i agree, i think imo a soundtrack would have been better than just some stickers.

WitcherofRivia 3 August, 2015 @ 1:56 pm   11

As a Steelbook collector I do not like PS4 Logo on steelbooks, same happened with Bloodborne steelbook too.
The artwork is plain and same as the regular game cover. what’s unique in this steelbook then? just that its not plastic? and stickers? we have passed the age of stickers. Nate’s ring would have been a different story though.
Take this suggestion for future releases. I am skipping this edition anyway.

it is very lazy that is why i think this steelbook should be priced accordingly but i know how greedy the retailers can be for any type of additions like these.

and i have the nathan drakes ring from the collectors edition from 3 😛

Robsonmonkey 3 August, 2015 @ 5:03 pm

I’ve literally just said this below

They put the “PS4” logo on the FRONT….the BACK and it’s even on the SPINE

I know what bloody system it’s on.

Include a slipcase for that stuff.

They need some Mondo artwork or something. It’s great it’s gotten a Steelbook but just plain silver…they could have tried. I’d prefer the normal artwork on the Steelbook in that case

Coody-Baroody 3 August, 2015 @ 1:59 pm   12

So I take it Uncharted 3 won’t have 3D support like it did on PS3? Well, like everything Sony, it makes perfect sense to have 3D in its PS3 exclusives where they were just about acceptable 3D quality images but now we have the much more powerful PS4 and just about every new tv has 3D support, now it’ll be scrapped from the game that had it when it first came out.

MaxDiehard 3 August, 2015 @ 2:04 pm

Believe it or not, not all new TVs are 3D native. They’re still not that mainstream as 4K is trying to take the spot now.

it’s very disappointing that uncharted 3 will not have 3d, when then 3rd game first came out i didn’t have a compatible tv but now i do have one it would have been nice to play the game in 3d for the immersion but alas it’s not going to happen 🙁 maybe they can release it in a patch later but i won’t get my hopes up. 🙁

Footos22 3 August, 2015 @ 2:56 pm

3d was a fad, its pretty much non existent now. although uncharted 3’s 3d was superb.
    it was probably hard enough just to port them across and run at 60. doubling the image whilst keeping the extra clarity isnt exactly a simple job.

i already have the special editions of 2&3 so i’m not really interested in this one, unless it’s not much difference in price than the standard version, i’m interested in the stickers though maybe i can slap them somewhere in my flat lol

jokerispoker 3 August, 2015 @ 2:15 pm   14

Any news on which Australian retailer it will be available at?

CaptainWitwicky 3 August, 2015 @ 2:35 pm   15

I wasn’t looking forward to it, got them on PS3, but with this edition I’m am now!
Will it be available in Belgium?

spacedelete2 3 August, 2015 @ 2:41 pm   16

not buying this until you bring back the multiplayer. why should we pay for multiplayer if your going to remove them ? funny thing i realised not a single PS4 exclusive has multiplayer this year. from now on i will buy all of my PS4 copies of games used so you get no money from me ever again.

StevenJamesHyde 3 August, 2015 @ 2:49 pm

Bloodborne has multiplayer, Helldivers has multiplayer, Journey has multiplayer, Rocket League IS multiplayer

Footos22 3 August, 2015 @ 2:53 pm

What StevemJameshyde just said. Bloodborne and helldivers, the other 2 arent exclusive.

spacedelete2 3 August, 2015 @ 3:35 pm

@StevenJamesHyde Helldivers and Journey aren’t PS4 exclusive as both are on Vita and PS3 as well. Rocket League is on PC and has a chance to release on Xbox One so that ain’t exclusive and saying Bloodbourne has multiplayer is pushing it. you can invade other players nothing special.

Hyphentwelve 3 August, 2015 @ 5:52 pm

@spacedelete2 You’re not paying for the multiplayer: you’re paying for three 7-8 hour singleplayer experiences and guaranteed access to Uncharted 4’s multiplayer beta, 5 months before the full game launches.

Unless you’re searching for Team Deathmatch, you’ll be waiting for literally minutes for a game. Patch 1.05 for UC2 gives you such low health that a FAL can 2 burst you from the most ridiculous of ranges, and UC3 is no better, given how broken Rate of Fire M9s are (and that’s not even taking into account the blindfire that locks onto players). The fact is those multiplayers (and the multiplayer for Uncharted 4) weren’t marketed very well (or at all): the servers weren’t bursting, even on launch day.

Don’t get me wrong, those multiplayers can still be fun, but given that a UC4 beta will be coming around the time the collection releases, UC4 coming before March 2016, and Black Ops 3 and all the other AAA games with multiplayer coming in November/December, I don’t think it’d be worth adding for the handful of players who would play it: with all the options available, you’re really trying to tell me that a significant number of players would want to play UC2/3 multiplayer on PS4?

This collection (maybe not the special edition which is kinda disappointing) will sell well, regardless of whether or not you buy it: some (Xbox 360/PC players) will come for the singleplayer, others (those who played the games on PS3) will be coming to relive the series at 1080p/60fps, and to get a taste of UC4s multiplayer.

The funniest thing about your ridiculous comment is not how salty you are: it’s how desperate you are for multiplayer in the collection, yet you wouldn’t be able to play it as you don’t have PS+.

Can you tell us where we can pre-order this? Still waiting on Tearaway Special Edition to be available to pre-order as well and it’s out next month :/

Robsonmonkey 3 August, 2015 @ 5:00 pm

Yeah I’ve been looking out for that Special Edition aswell. What gives. I mean is it that hard to say on the blog when you announce it where it’s going to be sold OR the place most likely it will be sold.

They have to include a Steelbook in the Teraway one…the art could be beautiful

dartbord 3 August, 2015 @ 3:41 pm   18

All well and good, but if this won’t be available from Dutch (web)shops like bol.com or nedgame.nl or gamemania.nl (which I expect isn’t going to happen) I will be [DELETED] off. Why do these special and/or collector’s editions have to be VERY hard to order next to being (very) limited?

Disappointing special edition when the real artbook for the trilogie only costs pounds 20,39 and has 240 pages instead of this sample.

Robsonmonkey 3 August, 2015 @ 4:57 pm   20

Right first of all please say this isn’t sold out yet and will be going through Amazon or GAME

Secondly

Why do you continue to ruin these Steelbooks with the bloody “PS4” logo on the top left corner, even when there is a slip case with it on you guys STILL make them like that. It’s the whole point of a slipcase to put all the details on there instead.

I bet it has “PS4” on the back aswell ¬¬

Reymart_Cruz 3 August, 2015 @ 8:15 pm   21

Thos looks amazing and all i mpre of The Last Of Us fan. But seeing the game play of Uncharted 4 made me interest on getting Uncharted 1,2,3 especially it has split screen to play with my buddy aka bro. And made by my favorite Developers Naughty Dog itself. Expect i will be getting Uncharted 1,2,3 in the ps3 cause two reason i don’t have a ps4 yet and 2 free multiplayer! Even thought i have Uncharted 3 multiplayer only free already and try the demo of Uncharted 1 soon 2 as well. The steelbook looks stunning and all but dawn no choice going to get all 3 games in the ps3 even thought the steelbook here lools better thought.

Reymart_Cruz 3 August, 2015 @ 8:17 pm

Expect the ps4 logo ruin it and maybe need some paint not just silver

tiago-kun 3 August, 2015 @ 11:22 pm   22

Instabought!

AstroCyborg 3 August, 2015 @ 11:49 pm   23

i’d rather have co-op & mp

joedix88 4 August, 2015 @ 10:46 am   24

£70?????????
HAHAHAHAHA, bugger off, Game.

I’ll stick with my £35 pre-order thanks.

INS1GHTFUL 4 August, 2015 @ 11:25 am   25

its on Game for £70. Definitely not worth the extra £25 for a shiny case and some stickers.

StevenJamesHyde 4 August, 2015 @ 1:56 pm

£48.99 on 365games. Game are ripoff merchants, plain and simple

get a hike i’m not paying that much for a art book and some stickers.

That is indeed not worth it. What a disappointment is this not so special edition.

WANTED274 4 August, 2015 @ 1:27 pm   27

Please don’t tell me after buying the game you need PS Plus to play the beta…

Scuffy_P 4 August, 2015 @ 2:16 pm

No disrespect, but how can anyone own a PS4 and not have PS+? I certainly don’t agree with the way Sony hid quite literally every feature on the PS4 behind a paywall, but they did. The PS3 era was different as, to be honest, PS+ was a waste of time for anyone who regularly bought games (I didn’t get one game via IGC on the PS3 that I hadn’t initially bought, even now on the PS4 I’ve only got a handful of crappy indie games since launch).
    If all the PS4 features weren’t hidden behind Plus, I’d never buy it as for someone like myself who buys a lot of games IGC is useless (and PSN is slow and unreliable). However, I know I’m only getting quarter of consoles features without it.

Alexiel-FR 4 August, 2015 @ 1:54 pm   28

1. backward comp. would be better, as we should have to pay for game we already own ,
and that the only game we will have again this Holliday… after until dawn which i’ll buy day one, , like every second semester on ps4 since launch not a triple A boxed single exclusive …

petrolheadzero 5 August, 2015 @ 3:01 pm   29

So…. Where’s the 3d support for uncharted 3?

elitez_88 5 August, 2015 @ 6:16 pm   30

Please tell me this is coming to the U.S. too. I want that steelbook case

dutch_Tiemon 9 August, 2015 @ 10:49 am   31

Maybe it sounds dumb but im confused does this include uncharted 4 or just the beta

No PS4 theme in this expensive edition?