Your first look at the Uncharted: The Nathan Drake Collection Special Edition

Grab the deluxe version of Naughty Dog’s forthcoming compendium

Summer time is here. Time to sit back, relax and look forward to the games coming out this autumn. If you are anything like me, then you’re looking forward to Uncharted: The Nathan Drake Collection. If so, I’ve got some news that might just make your day: the announcement of the Uncharted: The Nathan Drake Collection Special Edition.

E3_2015_Mediakit_018

And what would an Uncharted Special Edition be without some collectible treasures for your mantelpiece?

E3_2015_Mediakit_018

To that end, we’re including an epic 48-page The Art of Uncharted Trilogy artbook, which includes a hand-picked selection of concept art from Drake’s Fortune, Among Thieves and Drake’s Deception – something that all Uncharted fans will enjoy.

The Special Edition also comes with an exquisitely designed steelbook and a handful of stickers.

All this, obviously in addition to the three Uncharted single player campaigns remastered in 1080p and 60fps and exclusive access to the Uncharted 4 multiplayer beta.

Launching on 7th October in Europe, Australia and New Zealand and 9th October in UK and Ireland, this is definitely something worth dreaming about over the summer.

63 Comments
0 Author replies

Best thing about it it comes with a U4 Beta code!

It’ll be a GAME exclusive so no thanks!

StevenJamesHyde 03 August, 2015 @ 12:36
2.1

Not so – I’ve had it pre-ordered from 365games for a good few weeks now

2.2

I don’t know why are you mad at GAME. I bought my PS4 there and I have no regrets. GameStop is much worse.

residentSteve 03 August, 2015 @ 17:53
2.3

What’s wrong with game? Great company.

Show more replies

Where can this be pre-ordered in the UK?

will there be a demo ?

4.1

Three stickers is a handful? Really small hands…

Or really big stickers :)

I am getting this. Where do I pre-order?

Assassin-_-MerKz 03 August, 2015 @ 12:47

3 Sticker’s ? What is this ? A Special Edition for ants ? i hope “PS4” wont be printed on the front of the steelbook, also lets hope it isn’t a bare metal steelbook

I totally agree. We want a slick and neat look of that steelbook! I hope there won’t be any “PS4 Exclusive” Naughty Dog, Pegi and all that spam on a front page. This is supposed to be the best game remaster for the PS4 I hope they will take care of it and listen to us, the customers.

I wasn’t aware that the United Kingdom wasn’t in Europe anymore. Why is it being released 2 days later.

8.2

In fairness though, Uncharted 2 and 3 were global releases on a Tuesday, so it could be released tobus same day if SCEE so wished

Defo getting this

eh same art for steelbook as standard edition? kinda lazy. its a trilogy i think steelbook featuring Drake, Elena, Sully and Chloe would be better… artbook is ok and stickers are waste of space, soundtrack CD featuring music from all 3 games would be better

i already have the cd soundtrack for the 3rd game that i got included with the limited edition strategy guide for 3 :) but i agree, i think imo a soundtrack would have been better than just some stickers.

WitcherofRivia 03 August, 2015 @ 13:56

As a Steelbook collector I do not like PS4 Logo on steelbooks, same happened with Bloodborne steelbook too.
The artwork is plain and same as the regular game cover. what’s unique in this steelbook then? just that its not plastic? and stickers? we have passed the age of stickers. Nate’s ring would have been a different story though.
Take this suggestion for future releases. I am skipping this edition anyway.

it is very lazy that is why i think this steelbook should be priced accordingly but i know how greedy the retailers can be for any type of additions like these.

and i have the nathan drakes ring from the collectors edition from 3 :P

11.2

I’ve literally just said this below

They put the “PS4” logo on the FRONT….the BACK and it’s even on the SPINE

I know what bloody system it’s on.

Include a slipcase for that stuff.

They need some Mondo artwork or something. It’s great it’s gotten a Steelbook but just plain silver…they could have tried. I’d prefer the normal artwork on the Steelbook in that case

Coody-Baroody 03 August, 2015 @ 13:59

So I take it Uncharted 3 won’t have 3D support like it did on PS3? Well, like everything Sony, it makes perfect sense to have 3D in its PS3 exclusives where they were just about acceptable 3D quality images but now we have the much more powerful PS4 and just about every new tv has 3D support, now it’ll be scrapped from the game that had it when it first came out.

12.1

Believe it or not, not all new TVs are 3D native. They’re still not that mainstream as 4K is trying to take the spot now.

it’s very disappointing that uncharted 3 will not have 3d, when then 3rd game first came out i didn’t have a compatible tv but now i do have one it would have been nice to play the game in 3d for the immersion but alas it’s not going to happen :( maybe they can release it in a patch later but i won’t get my hopes up. :(

12.3

3d was a fad, its pretty much non existent now. although uncharted 3’s 3d was superb.
it was probably hard enough just to port them across and run at 60. doubling the image whilst keeping the extra clarity isnt exactly a simple job.

i already have the special editions of 2&3 so i’m not really interested in this one, unless it’s not much difference in price than the standard version, i’m interested in the stickers though maybe i can slap them somewhere in my flat lol

Any news on which Australian retailer it will be available at?

CaptainWitwicky 03 August, 2015 @ 14:35

I wasn’t looking forward to it, got them on PS3, but with this edition I’m am now!
Will it be available in Belgium?

not buying this until you bring back the multiplayer. why should we pay for multiplayer if your going to remove them ? funny thing i realised not a single PS4 exclusive has multiplayer this year. from now on i will buy all of my PS4 copies of games used so you get no money from me ever again.

StevenJamesHyde 03 August, 2015 @ 14:49
16.1

Bloodborne has multiplayer, Helldivers has multiplayer, Journey has multiplayer, Rocket League IS multiplayer

16.2

What StevemJameshyde just said. Bloodborne and helldivers, the other 2 arent exclusive.

16.3

@StevenJamesHyde Helldivers and Journey aren’t PS4 exclusive as both are on Vita and PS3 as well. Rocket League is on PC and has a chance to release on Xbox One so that ain’t exclusive and saying Bloodbourne has multiplayer is pushing it. you can invade other players nothing special.

Show more replies

Can you tell us where we can pre-order this? Still waiting on Tearaway Special Edition to be available to pre-order as well and it’s out next month :/

17.1

Yeah I’ve been looking out for that Special Edition aswell. What gives. I mean is it that hard to say on the blog when you announce it where it’s going to be sold OR the place most likely it will be sold.

They have to include a Steelbook in the Teraway one…the art could be beautiful

All well and good, but if this won’t be available from Dutch (web)shops like bol.com or nedgame.nl or gamemania.nl (which I expect isn’t going to happen) I will be [DELETED] off. Why do these special and/or collector’s editions have to be VERY hard to order next to being (very) limited?

Disappointing special edition when the real artbook for the trilogie only costs pounds 20,39 and has 240 pages instead of this sample.

Right first of all please say this isn’t sold out yet and will be going through Amazon or GAME

Secondly

Why do you continue to ruin these Steelbooks with the bloody “PS4” logo on the top left corner, even when there is a slip case with it on you guys STILL make them like that. It’s the whole point of a slipcase to put all the details on there instead.

I bet it has “PS4” on the back aswell ¬¬

Thos looks amazing and all i mpre of The Last Of Us fan. But seeing the game play of Uncharted 4 made me interest on getting Uncharted 1,2,3 especially it has split screen to play with my buddy aka bro. And made by my favorite Developers Naughty Dog itself. Expect i will be getting Uncharted 1,2,3 in the ps3 cause two reason i don’t have a ps4 yet and 2 free multiplayer! Even thought i have Uncharted 3 multiplayer only free already and try the demo of Uncharted 1 soon 2 as well. The steelbook looks stunning and all but dawn no choice going to get all 3 games in the ps3 even thought the steelbook here lools better thought.

21.1

Expect the ps4 logo ruin it and maybe need some paint not just silver

Instabought!

i’d rather have co-op & mp

£70?????????
HAHAHAHAHA, bugger off, Game.

I’ll stick with my £35 pre-order thanks.

where did you get it for £35? :S

its on Game for £70. Definitely not worth the extra £25 for a shiny case and some stickers.

StevenJamesHyde 04 August, 2015 @ 13:56
25.1

£48.99 on 365games. Game are ripoff merchants, plain and simple

get a hike i’m not paying that much for a art book and some stickers.

That is indeed not worth it. What a disappointment is this not so special edition.

game are taking the mick with that price.

Please don’t tell me after buying the game you need PS Plus to play the beta…

27.1

No disrespect, but how can anyone own a PS4 and not have PS+? I certainly don’t agree with the way Sony hid quite literally every feature on the PS4 behind a paywall, but they did. The PS3 era was different as, to be honest, PS+ was a waste of time for anyone who regularly bought games (I didn’t get one game via IGC on the PS3 that I hadn’t initially bought, even now on the PS4 I’ve only got a handful of crappy indie games since launch).
If all the PS4 features weren’t hidden behind Plus, I’d never buy it as for someone like myself who buys a lot of games IGC is useless (and PSN is slow and unreliable). However, I know I’m only getting quarter of consoles features without it.

1. backward comp. would be better, as we should have to pay for game we already own ,
and that the only game we will have again this Holliday… after until dawn which i’ll buy day one, , like every second semester on ps4 since launch not a triple A boxed single exclusive …

petrolheadzero 05 August, 2015 @ 15:01

So…. Where’s the 3d support for uncharted 3?

Please tell me this is coming to the U.S. too. I want that steelbook case

Maybe it sounds dumb but im confused does this include uncharted 4 or just the beta

No PS4 theme in this expensive edition?

We close the comments for posts after 30 days.