Posted

PlayStation Store charts, July: Journey and God of War come out on top

While Rocket League’s PS3 predecessor races back into the charts

July saw a rush of new releases arrive on PS4, with thatgamecompany’s remastered classic Journey coming out on top. Elsewhere, God of War III Remastered landed at 2, F1 2015 at 6 and acclaimed mystery The Vanishing of Ethan Carter at 7.

Shout-outs to two older titles showing some strong legs: Driveclub stormed back into the top five following the launch of the PS Plus Edition, while over on PS3 Supersonic Acrobatic Rocket-Powered Battle-Cars put in its strongest sales month since – wait for it – its launch month back in February 2009. And no, it wasn’t on sale. Proof, if any was needed, of just what a sensation its PS4 follow-up, Rocket League, has been since its arrival on PlayStation Plus at the start of the month.

PS4:

1. Journey (New)
  2. God of War III Remastered (New)
  3. Minecraft (7)
  4. Driveclub (RE)
  5. Life is Strange (New)
  6. F1 2015 (New)
  7. The Vanishing of Ethan Carter (New)
  8. Batman: Arkham Knight (2)
  9. LittleBigPlanet 3 (RE)
  10. Need for Speed Rivals (RE)
  11. FIFA 15 (5)
  12. The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt (4)
  13. Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare (RE)
  14. Mortal Kombat X (RE)
  15. Rory McIlroy PGA Tour (New)
  16. Bastion (RE)
  17. The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited (1)
  18. Metal Slug 3 (RE)
  19. Grand Theft Auto V (20)
  20. Call of Duty: Ghosts (RE)

PS Vita:

1. Minecraft (2)
  2. Call of Duty Black Ops: Declassified (RE)
  3. Sword Art Online: Hollow Fragment (3)
  4. FIFA 15 (1)
  5. J-Stars Victory VS+ (New)
  6. Terraria (RE)
  7. Don’t Starve: Giant Edition (RE)
  8. Uncharted: Golden Abyss (12)
  9. Killzone Mercenary (RE)
  10. Grim Fandango Remastered (RE)
  11. Oreshika: Tainted Bloodlines (6)
  12. Unit 13 (RE)
  13. GTA: Liberty City Stories [PSP] (RE)
  14. Valkyria Chronicles II [PSP] (10)
  15. Castlevania: The Dracula X Chronicles [PSP] (11)
  16. Tekken 6 [PSP] (RE)
  17. LEGO Jurassic World (New)
  18. Grand Theft Auto: Vice City Stories [PSP] (RE)
  19. Persona 4 Golden (RE)
  20. Soul Sacrifice Delta (RE)

PS3:

1. Minecraft (3)
  2. Supersonic Acrobatic Rocket-Powered Battle-Cars (RE)
  3. Call of Duty: Black Ops II (RE)
  4. Battlefield 4 (RE)
  5. Gran Turismo 6 (10)
  6. Need for Speed Rivals (RE)
  7. LittleBigPlanet 3 (RE)
  8. Life is Strange (New)
  9. FIFA 15 (4)
  10. Diablo III: Reaper of Souls (RE)

PS one and PS2 Classics:

1. Crash Bandicoot 3 Warped (6)
  2. Suikoden II (1)
  3. Crash Bandicoot (7)
  4. Crash Bandicoot 2: Cortex Strikes Back (8)
  5. Metal Gear Solid (4)
  6. CTR: Crash Team Racing (10)
  7. Suikoden (3)
  8. Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas (RE)
  9. Final Fantasy VII (2)
  10. Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (RE)
28 Comments
0 Author replies
RodrigoSharingan 07 August, 2015 @ 15:16

I have 2 important questions.

Wen can we expect to have a avatar section on PS4? it’s kinda frustrating having to boot my old PS3 just make a small change.
and
Got a email of sony confirming that PS+ prices are going to be more expensive just in europe in september. Why are you guys doing this? It’s awful…especially for european customers, its allready bad wen US gets the best prices, games, sales, etc.. and now this? eh…

1.1

the european sony wants to make the quality of the ps + line up better but it’s an case of an eye for an eye, we get bigger en more expensive titles more regulary but in exchange plus is slightly more expensive.
as for now it’s only the 3 month sub for europe but I think all regions will get it and I think the pricing will be $8 for a month, $20 for 3 months (confirmed) and $60 for a year.

sorry for the $ signs, I couldn’t find the euro sign.

1.2

sorry for my bad english, I have another keyboard and it’s a really annoying one so I mistype a lot.

@darkswabber
I’m pretty sure that the US get the exact same games as we do, but for a lower price. This means that, if any price hike was necessary, it should be on the US price and not on SCEE.

Show more replies
FatPrincess2015 07 August, 2015 @ 16:27

Well done, thatgamecompany and Santa Monica Studio, well done.

Even though I’ve played multiple times on the PS3 (on an older account), I still love now that it’s available on the PS4.

What?! Black Ops Declassified at number 2? That game is a huge… Really bad.
See Sony we want to have a good CoD on the Vita. Go out and create a one. Pretty please ^^

3.1

I think it was really cheap (for a COD game -_-) for a while. Saw it at 10 euros while randomly browsing.

Finka_Karfein 07 August, 2015 @ 17:48

No Tales of Hearts R in the Top 20 on Vita? No Tales on PS3 Top 10? This series really needs more exposure. It’s just too great to miss out on any of the installments. Sony, push the publisher to bring the rest to the west with proper advertising #BuildingTheList

Whyyy ?Ps+ more expensive? When I first create account , there’s was no psn Croatia, so I had to make uk account. Ps+ is too expensive even now for me , and it isn’t worth it because of party chat problems, slow download aka ps store, and no aaa games!

Oh well, you guys might as well buy the yearly then.
It seems odd but I think there are strategic and financial reasons.

6.1

Heh, it does entice to get the yearly so you can’t back out sooner :p If it’s any indication we’re finally getting AAA, I might actually be relieved..

fps_d0minat0r 07 August, 2015 @ 23:40
6.2

@ Stonesthrow
If Sony were confident in their offering, there should be no reason why a 1 month sub shouldnt cost 1/12 of what a yearly subscription does.

I think they are doing this so they see fewer people subscribing for short periods of time and not worry about PS+ when they stuff them with indies.

6.3

A yearly subscription is a very bad thing, you don’t even know what you re paying for. Basically you re are saying to Sony “hey here’s my money do what you want with it”. This is why we re having only crappy indies games.

Glad to see 2 Suikoden games instead top 10.

Last-gen remasters on top? Boo, shame on you people.

Jeff-Andrew-NL 07 August, 2015 @ 23:08

I’m very annoyed by the future PS+ price increase. Why? Well I get why. You want people to stick with PS+ for over a year.. 20 euro’s for just 3 months is a slap in the face. I used to buy 3 month’s cause I could afford the 15 once every month. 45/50 euro’s is a pretty big deal for some people. I can probably manage. But still. I’d rather get the 3 months for 15 euro’s.
Is this how Sony’s going to act from now on? Hurrdydurr we’re 80% ahead of XBONE so now we can bone our costumers. Lets have them pay more for online and indies!
I know you do your best Fred. And all of you blog peeps do your best. But someone needs to wake those suits up. It’s for the players. Not just so the higher ups can afford a new vacation home or car.
Won’t be long till we have to pay 70 for a year of PS+ at this rate.

Show full comment

Won’t be long till we have to pay 70 for a year of PS+ at this rate.
Now that you’re on top you’re slowly losing your way. I jumped ship off the SS Micro$oft 4 years ago. But you’re starting to look a lot like my old captain. I mean no disrespect. But things have been steadily declining over the past year. We pay more. But we get less. There’s so many things that could be improved on. Stuff we’ve been all asking for for a long, long time.. Extra cloud saves. Especially now since the price increase… Game folders. I have about 30 games on my PS4 horizontal bar.. 30… With other apps between them. It’s a mess! And it’s easy enough to program. Heck you’re going out of your way to program price increases. Please Sony and Playstation. Get back to the company I fell in love with 4 years ago. <3

9.1

You can be sure that the next step will be to increase the yearly subscription, from 50 Euro to 55 or 60 Euro, they have no limits, and because people here are too stupid they will try this, just watch.

fps_d0minat0r 07 August, 2015 @ 23:26

This gen started so promising, but it sucks.
I miss the time when sony were second and they actually had to be #4thegamer rather than just say it while they continue doing the opposite.

I was expecting a significant price drop after the detioration in PS+ games and the network which never seems to improve.

Is it reasonable to ask what you guys have planned to prevent the usual FIFA and COD network crashes whcih you appologise for but never do anything about the next year again? Or did you spend all the money on the e-sports partnership that you dont have any left over for that?

from perspective of ps3 owner (mine) it’s pointless to resub ps+ anymore. since price is going up and we get pseudo indies and hipster junk games for exchange. Either give us better discounts on top titles or real deal monthly lineup.
Why only Europe? I want serious answer.

3 racing games in each of the top 10 for PS3 and PS4; 2 shooters in the top 10 for PS3 and none in the top 10 for PS4. Publishers, take note.

If I search for Crash Bandicoot on the Ps Store the only games I found is Crash Bandicoot 1. But every eu ps store chart contains 2 or 3 (or both). Why can’t I find them?

We close the comments for posts after 30 days.

Edit history