Vote to Play: Why you should choose Zombie Vikings

Everything you need to know about Zoink’s lunatic four-player romp

Möther Fafnir! Zombie Vikings is part of Vote to Play! You know what that means, right? It’s time for us to charm your asses off!

If you don’t know about us, we’re Zoink, an indie studio from the west coast of Sweden. You might have heard about our previous title, Stick It to The Man. At Zoink, we usually end our weeks with our traditional Pizza Friday, and maybe that’s why we decided to create what we call a ‘pizza and beer game’.

For the last year and a half, 10 little Zoink devs has worked crazy-hard to create the awesome multiplayer story brawler that is Zombie Vikings. Because of this, you will soon be able to take a cruise through the intestines of the Midgaard Serpent and fight giant poultry in a 30 level stab-you-in-the-gut-athon, stuffed with 40 unlockable weapons. Quite neat (but at the same time icky), huh?

Zombie_Vikings04

This is what we’re thinking: games are the most fun played together, and with that we don’t just mean having your characters appear on the same screen. Oh no. We’ve created a bunch of ways to interact with your friends! Like building a tower of Vikings, stitching yourselves together into one giant mega-zombie or picking each other up with a quick stab in the butt. Since you’re a zombie, the last one doesn’t hurt (at least we don’t think so).

If you’re still not convinced that voting for us is the best idea since ice cream stuffed with cookie dough, here are a couple of other reasons!

• Single player and online/offline multiplayer!
  • Hilarious writing by Zach Wienersmith, author of SMBC!
  • Collectable Viking Runes. Gain new cool abilities and mix up your style of play!
  • Five versus arenas for the times when co-op just feels too nice!
Zombie_Vikings07Zombie_Vikings05

So vöte för üs! If we win and get super famous and rich, we’ll invite you all over for a huge smorgasbord, complete with Swedish fermented herring and Dala horse decorations. So burst out from your grave, grab a can of lukewarm Berzerker™ and join the most epic hackfest of the first millennium!

Voting starts today at 4.30pm BST/5.30pm CEST and closes 24th August, at 5.30pm BST/6.30pm CEST. To make your choice, turn on your PS4 and open the ‘Vote to Play’ app. For more information, visit www.playstation.com/vote-to-play.

29 Comments
0 Author replies
AlexanderMilton 13 August, 2015 @ 16:45

Nice – go Swedes!

Whether you win or not I’m getting the game day 1. Having tried it at EGX Rezzed with a couple of strangers it was extremely fun and charming. Plus I’m a sucker for beat-em-ups and Norse mythology.

As a fan of both Zach’s work on SMBC and Zoink’s last game I really hope you guys win. There aren’t enough quality four-player co-op brawlers out there and yours looks positively fantastic.

I really enjoyed Stick It To The Man.

That alone might sway me into this general direction. I mean who doesn’t like zombies? Or Vikings? Or zombie Vikings?

(Unless you’re being eaten by a zombie. Then you’re probably a bit miffed with them.)

residentSteve 13 August, 2015 @ 18:03

Can’t be bothered with this when can we vote for AAA’s?

you will never vote for AAA`s or should i say not for a few years

5.2

Did you really need to post this in all 3 blog posts?

residentSteve 13 August, 2015 @ 20:30
5.3

Yes I did flying pig looks like you had time to read all 3 :)

Show more replies

Did you seriously expect that we would be able to vote for AAA-titles straight away?
That’s not really how the real world works, I’m affraid. “I WANT GTA V AND BLOODBORNE NEXT OR I’M LEAVING PLAYSTATION PLUS”, eh? :)

6.1

2 years since PS4 release and mandatory PLUS for online isn’t exactly straight away man.. Just saying.. I wasn’t big on PLUS on ps3 but I’m sure it didn’t take that long for some AAA to release on there.. We’re not asking for all AAA, all the time. Just some, once a year to start with for all I care. Just, not Indies ALL.THE.TIME. A lot of those AAA’s cost less than Indies now anyway Oo Their servers probably wouldn’t be able to handle all the PLUS subs downloading massive size AAA games, more likely.. Look at the Driveclub PLUS launch fiasco..

6.2

“I wasn’t big on PLUS on ps3 but I’m sure it didn’t take that long for some AAA to release on there.. ”

Uhm well to be fair, it took a good while for PS3 to get some big budget games – Burnout Paradise was the first in the PAL region and that came out about 9-10 months after IGC launched and then about a year or so for the next one which was Far Cry 2.

And the USA got ‘only’ Far Cry 2 two years after its launch…

I’m not specifically telling you this but people need to chill out with the “give us AAA games”. Still even then, the complaint wont be “bah all these indies”, instead it will be “come on! THAT game?! but it’s so old!”

I loved Stick It To The Man, so you have my vote! :D

Despite crushing my hopes for AAA yet again, this gets my first pick. First time in a fair while (underdog Rocket League aside) that I’m actually excited to give a PLUS title a try. IF this actually gets chosen O_O

threestepguide 14 August, 2015 @ 06:58

Stick it to the Man was so good. I missed that vibe since Psychonauts. Hope Zombie Vikings will win.

Carnivius_Prime 14 August, 2015 @ 09:58

A brawler with 4 players online/offline? That alone has got it my vote. My type of thing definitely.

ShadowFlightBA 14 August, 2015 @ 10:06

This would be added to most of the other free Plus games we’ve got….. downloaded and never played or only played once and never again. So no vote here, my vote goes to Grow Home, at least that we would enjoy playing.

Carnivius_Prime 14 August, 2015 @ 14:21
11.1

I feel the exact opposite of both games.

hello

You got my vote! I hope this game wins :)

lunalicrichard 14 August, 2015 @ 20:46

This game has my vote !

monkeyrabbit75 15 August, 2015 @ 11:29

Better to change your votes to armello or grow home will win and I think the other two games look better but their votes are too evenly split

15.1

No way, sticking to my vote! Last I saw Grow Home was winning but things might still change.. This so needs to win :p

hope

Ain’t gonna be voting for this. Looks a dull four player coop based game with zombie pirates (yawn). Armello or Grow Home are far worthier of the vote.

Another Zombie game. Nope…

STATIONFREAK73 18 August, 2015 @ 00:47

Sony dont play games whit me,give-me quality…My wallet its not a kickstarter for indie devs…

We close the comments for posts after 30 days.

Edit history