Posted

Limited edition Darth Vader-inspired PS4 available this November

Full details on two new Star Wars PS4 bundles due later this year

The Force is about to get a whole lot stronger with PlayStation. At the D23 Expo in Anaheim, we’ve just unveiled a very special limited edition Darth Vader-inspired PS4 that will be available as part of two Star Wars bundles available from November 17. Check it out!

The Limited Edition Star Wars Battlefront PS4 Bundle will include a custom 1TB limited edition PS4 system and DualShock 4 wireless controller inspired by Darth Vader. The fully customized PS4 features an image of Darth Vader, as well as a repeated Star Wars logo etching across the top of the system. The Darth Vader edition DualShock 4 is inspired by Darth Vader’s suit and features the repeated Star Wars logo on the DualShock 4’s touchpad.

E3_2015_Mediakit_018

The bundle also includes a physical copy of Star Wars Battlefront, as well as a digital voucher to download four classic Star Wars titles – Super Star Wars, Star Wars: Racer Revenge, Jedi Starfighter and Star Wars Bounty Hunter – playable for the first time on PS4, and sporting enhanced graphics and trophy support. I’ll give you a minute to take that all in…

To celebrate the launch of Disney Infinity 3.0 Edition, we’re also releasing a Limited Edition Disney Infinity 3.0: Star Wars PS4 Bundle on November 17 (available in limited countries).

E3_2015_Mediakit_018

The package will include the Darth Vader-inspired 1TB PS4 system and DualShock 4 wireless controller, as well as the Disney Infinity 3.0: Star Wars Edition PlayStation Exclusive Hardware Bundle Kit. The kit includes a physical copy of Disney Infinity 3.0 Edition, the Disney Infinity Base, the Rise Against the Empire Play Set Pack (featuring Luke and Leia figures, as well the Rise Against the Empire play set piece), and the PlayStation exclusive Boba Fett figure. The Limited Edition Disney Infinity 3.0: Star Wars PS4 Bundle will also include a digital voucher for the four classic Star Wars games.

In addition to these two limited edition bundles, we’re also offering a standard-edition Star Wars Battlefront PS4 Bundle which includes a PS4 system and DualShock 4 controller in Jet Black, as well as a copy of Star Wars Battlefront and the four classic Star Wars games.

The Force is strong with PlayStation

#07 - 20140604-0190#08 - Co_Op (5)
Did you enjoy this?

Comments

44 Comments 0 Author replies
Show oldest first

buczanova 16 August, 2015 @ 8:20 pm   1

Beautiful! Will there be option to buy DualShock alone? I would like to have one. Or two. 😀

zalwelgoedgaan 16 August, 2015 @ 8:23 pm   2

Will it be as loud as Darth Vader’s breating?

IREWolfman 16 August, 2015 @ 8:24 pm   3

Love buying this as my 2nd PS4. For my wife 😉

Please sell the DualShock 4 separately! It looks amazing 😀

Will it have a custom StarWars theme to match?

MaxDiehard 16 August, 2015 @ 9:20 pm   6

The controller theme design is awful, and i’d much rather have the Vader image as a sticker vinyl, y’know, for those who already have a PS4.

Stonesthrow 17 August, 2015 @ 11:32 am

Sticker vinyl kinda sucks, I would never do that to my console :p Too bad about the ugly controller though :p

ManikwithaNine 16 August, 2015 @ 9:38 pm   7

Can I get that controller separately?

Not a fan of the design of either the control or the console but I am excited for the classic games, they will be great to play again even if just on remote play.

Jury is still out on Battlefront, cos you know, EA.

swcoruscant 16 August, 2015 @ 10:58 pm   9

Will buy this, sell the copy of Battlefront (cos I already have a good deal on a preorder) and my current PS4 I think!

This is hot, smoking hot.

guitardevil6 17 August, 2015 @ 1:49 am   11

Missed a trick by not using the blue light on the PS4 as part of lightsaber…

Mojo__Man 17 August, 2015 @ 10:45 am

They should have changed the blue light to a red one instead. That fits better.

Stonesthrow 17 August, 2015 @ 11:34 am

Would be cool if it was the lightsaber blue :p But I like the image as it is :p

Please consider bringing those 4 classic games to the Vita! It needs some good Star Wars game.

SoldatMik85 17 August, 2015 @ 7:41 am   13

PS4 Hammer Controller Hammer alles zusammen Wahnsinn

Smash_41 17 August, 2015 @ 8:12 am   14

Why wouldn’t you include the 1TB console as standard. Come on Sony!

Carnivius_Prime 17 August, 2015 @ 8:43 am   15

Can I have Super Star Wars please? Is that the Super NES game?

Please stop showing theses lyingPS4 pics with the blue LED on, we all know the console spends 10 seconds at most with the blue led on.

I like the case design but not the controller. I can see what they were trying to do, to make it resemble Vaders chest piece but it looks odd.

Which of the two controller photos is it then? The black button with the red Circle, or the red button with the white circle?

Also I know they’d never do it because changing the colour is a no-no, but instead of the red circle, they missed a trick by not having the X as clashing red and green lightsabers.

didsburydan 17 August, 2015 @ 9:17 am   18

ugly

Futureshark 17 August, 2015 @ 9:44 am   19

Would also be getting quite rigid for a white console with a Stormtrooper etching too, but Vader is always cool.

BUT lets take a second for the little announcement regarding the 4 classic SW games here…

One of those is a SNES game (how about Super Empire & Super Return of the Jedi? Are they also coming?)

Will we see other third party SNES titles coming? And is there now a PS2 Emulator at Sony HQ that will allow PS2 classics to run on the PS4?

I imagine PS4 would easily be able to run these games, probably speed up the frame rate a bit too etc.

I must know more!!!

counterUAVbaby 17 August, 2015 @ 9:53 am

”The other 3 are PS2 games!! So are we actually observing the birth of some sort of emulation or backwards compatibility for the PS4 for previous consoles titles?”

No, it’s just remasters.

Futureshark 17 August, 2015 @ 11:28 am

I suppose the giveaway regarding the 4 classic games being Remasters is the “trophy support” bit, however I believe on the Xbone the Rare Replay set also has achievements, including those for the old Speccy games (e.g. Sabrewulf & Underwurlde), and I believe those count as emulations rather then remasters. So perhaps these games are emulated versions where the trophies have been somehow retrofitted in (via some shell around the ROM?? I’m not an expert) and the enhanced graphics bit just means “Widescreen” modes available?

spacedelete2 17 August, 2015 @ 10:41 am   20

3 of those Star War games are PS2 games. please give us PS2 classics for PS4. its the last feature the PS4 needs.

Stonesthrow 17 August, 2015 @ 11:30 am   21

That has to be the coolest case art I have ever seen, on any console 😮 Might’ve liked it more without the Star Wars in the background but I’m not sure. Controller I don’t like, awkward coloring, although I do like the Star Wars letters on the touchpad there :p I might actually get this, been waiting for the new models (CUH-1216A) to get more widespread so I definitely get one of those. Is this a CUH1216A with 1TB?

Stonesthrow 17 August, 2015 @ 12:05 pm

It’s also peculiar that the image is sideways so it works out when the PS4 is standing up but not that much vertically if you place it with the front forward. I however, have the back of my PS4 pointed right in proportion to my television, in an attempt to get more airflow. So it pretty much works out perfectly for me.

Stonesthrow 17 August, 2015 @ 12:06 pm

vertically = horizontally -_- EDIT FUNCTION ALREADY PLEASE?!

nDrakeGames 17 August, 2015 @ 11:37 am   22

Please Sony, sell separately The Darth Vader edition DualShock 4!! (Petition: http://chn.ge/1HRlaCt )

All these limited editions are a bit overkill.

kvasir18 17 August, 2015 @ 1:16 pm   24

Which retailer will be carrying this in Spain?

Legend-of-Pring 17 August, 2015 @ 4:37 pm   25

Would love to see a Vita version of Battlefront or do we not mention Vita anymore. Seems like a forgotten console these days….

It will be in Russia?

JoystickJedi 18 August, 2015 @ 6:00 pm   27

Now available on game.co.uk for UK customers! £385

muchi-pork 19 August, 2015 @ 11:24 am   28

Will this be a CUH-1200 revision console? If not, when will we be getting them in the UK. Thanks

ButcherTheWeak90 25 August, 2015 @ 8:59 pm

I got this email from GAME in reply to this same question

“Thank you for your email.

The consoles will be newly bundled by Sony, so this will include the new model PS4.”

So I’m praying it’s true and that it they’re not just guessing

KingpinHadnot 19 August, 2015 @ 7:20 pm   29

Cool I have no interest in buying a new ps4 but I’d love to buy the controller by itself. Please Sony

JoelJordan3 25 August, 2015 @ 9:49 pm   30

I want a Ps4 with the desing of Stormtrooper!!!! 😀

DaveHwang 26 August, 2015 @ 7:32 pm   31

How much the price,..??
We hope also available in Sony Philippines region Manila for the PS4 Darth Vader Limited Edition,
Thanks.

Calvinator1015 15 September, 2015 @ 4:52 am   32

This looks amazing!! I want one but I’m not allowed to get a job right now damn