Posted

Watch the new Uncharted: The Nathan Drake Collection story trailer

Naughty Dog’s globe-trotting hero returns to action on 7th October

Every great adventure is made up of legendary tales. Uncharted: The Nathan Drake Collection packs three thrilling adventures into one amazing collection. Nathan Drake has grown from man to legend as his story permeated our studio DNA and PlayStation lore. Here’s a glimpse of that transformation:

The exchange seen here between Sully and Drake is a defining moment in the Uncharted story. Sir Francis Drake’s motto “Greatness from small beginnings” has a special place in Nathan Drake’s backstory and frames his epic journeys. He achieved greatness from humble beginnings with a lot of help along the way. Sully became a father-figure and mentor of sorts for Nate and that relationship served as a rock in the often wild, always adventurous saga that you’ll play in Uncharted: The Nathan Drake Collection.

Uncharted: The Nathan Drake Collection is the culmination of years of hard work at our studio, lovingly rebuilt by the team at Bluepoint Games. It’s incredible to watch Drake run, leap and shoot on the PS4 with enhanced graphics and gameplay.

Capturing those white-knuckle, trademark Uncharted moments has never been more fun than via the new Photo Mode tools built into the collection. Various improvements in lighting, rendering, texture mapping and dynamic audio mean all three games are looking and sounding better than ever.

New trophies and modes such as our Explorer, Speed Run, and Brutal Modes will invite long-time adventurers to replay these classics while welcoming newcomers to discover Uncharted greatness.

• Explorer Mode is an all-new mode for beginners where combat difficulty is reduced greatly.
  • Speed Run Mode adds a timer that allows players to track their gameplay time against their friends as they play sections of the game.
  • Brutal Difficulty Mode is the ultimate challenge as the gameplay will be more punishing than Crushing Difficulty (unlocked after beating Crushing Difficulty in the same game)

You can even play all three single-player games in the collection as Doughnut Drake (or any one of over 65 other characters skins) if you’re so inclined. A lot of new polish, hard work and love were put into making this the ultimate Uncharted collection.

If you want to see what Nathan Drake and his crew are up to next, you’ll only be able to get access to the Uncharted 4: A Thief’s End multiplayer beta by purchasing Uncharted: The Nathan Drake Collection. The game arrives in Europe, Australia and New Zealand on 7th October and the UK and Ireland on 9th October, 2015. Uncover the legend and pre-order today.

54 Comments
0 Author replies

Wow, they look better than I expected!! Can’t wait to play these through yet again!

Wish you didn’t have to play through on crushing to unlock the new difficulty.

Wasn’t there meant to be a demo this summer?

So two new difficulty modes and a timer is the extent of the new features? I thought after the lack of news about this games that you were going to announce something slightly game changing

without multiplayer and coop i won’t be buying it as you have removed literally half the game.i hope Sony don’t expect much sales from this. tbh you have the nerve to remove multiplayer. why exactly are we paying ps plus if your just gonna remove multiplayer modes ?

4.1

See now a sensible question have been ” do you need ps plus to play the Uncharted 3 beta?”
I’ve never played these games and if multiplayer was included I do t think I would have even bothered trying it

winkelwagentje 17 August, 2015 @ 15:47
4.2

Access to the UC4 mp bèta Will probably persuade a good number of People to get this. I dont know much about the details – how long this bèta Will run, and when it Will be accessible, for instance – but it might not be a bad alternative.

4.3

I’m buying it. Looks fantastic to me. I never play multiplayer or coop, I just get free games from Plus.

Show more replies

Sorry, but I’m not a fan of 60fps for cinematics. All the cutscenes have lost their filmic quality. What a shame the devs have to succumb to the kids of today whingeing if they don’t get their 60 frames minimum.

5.1

Didn’t Last Of Us have a setting for this? Wouldn’t be suprised to see that here too.

5.2

Indeed Keith – there was a 30fps lock on TLOU, but I’ve yet to find any mention of the feature in this collection. Maybe @Eric Monacelli could shed some light?

Even better would be both one option for a constant 30fps lock (for a marginal graphical improvement), and another option for 30fps (or ideally 24fps) purely for cutscenes.

That’ll keep everyone happy then.

5.3

You’re just being sarcastic right? Right???

Show more replies

Will there be trophies linked to the “Brutal Mode” or the “Speed Run”?

…I hope not :(

winkelwagentje 17 August, 2015 @ 16:57
6.1

Since a couple of trophies in UC2 and UC3 were MP related, you’d assume they have to come up with a couple new ones. A trophy for Brutal Mode would make sense.

EPIC :P

Two words:

Goose bumps!

Please don’t include trophies for completing games on all the different difficulty levels. I can never complete the harder skill levels and it annoys me that I can’t get the platinum, please make trophies more enjoyable to get. More story based trophies.

9.1

I’m going to agree with this, I’m just not that good to get all of the trophies in Uncharted.

trophy
[troh-fee]
anything serving as a token or evidence of victory, valor, skill, etc
a symbol of success that is used to impress others

Trophies aren’t supposed to be handed to you. Essentially you’re asking for them to be easy ones right? The difficulty modes represent a big chunk of gameplay time, so I think it’s ok for trophies to be attached to them. I often use trophies as encouragement to do things in games I wouldn’t normally do.

9.3

Sometimes games can be punishing rather than fun. Some fans like that 100% feeling. Some studios even tune their Insanity difficulty so it’s achievable by more than a small percentage of gamers. You make it harder or easier, you get through by using the right tactics. Higher difficulties shouldn’t just mean that the enemy gets an instant headshot every time. Linking a trophy to that kind of game is just annoying.

My PS4 comes back from Sony tomorrow so I can stop watching game videos and start playing again.

Please add a character model viewer too. The same goes for Uncharted 4 too :)

@Naughty Dog You just lost a loyal costumer with those 3 modes. Bought, played and platinum’d the 3 games on the ps3 and if these modes will have trophies for completion then I’m out (as much as I’d like to have this collection in gorgeous 1080p/60fps).

I dislike time trial as much as collectibles and difficulty trophies (I would add online trophies but there’s none in this collection).

So can you clarify if it will contain specific trophies for that?

Yes please please please get rid of difficulty trophies. I love these games but I don’t really want to play through them multiple times. I hate getting penalised from getting the platinum trophy because I can’t complete on crushing.

12.1

that’s exactly the type of thing that SHOULD be platinum trophy worth. if you can’t complete on the highest difficulty and get a platinum then GIT GUD. otherwise what’s the point in the trophy?!

Yungstar_2007 17 August, 2015 @ 19:55
12.2

i’ve always thought that all trophies should be achievable by all players, thus on-line and difficulty based trophies should never be in a game.

12.3

That’s so pointless. Trophies are not always supposed to be achievable by all. They’re not proof for just finishing a game.

I’ll be probably getting this, since I didn’t have a chance to play Uncharted 3. And then I gave my PS3 to my brother.

However, I subscribe to the fact that difficulty trophies are not very fair, especially the ones that force you to do multiple playthroughs. Or just let players start right off in brutal.

CrazySasquatch-- 17 August, 2015 @ 19:04

Thats going straight in my pre order basket! Can’t wait.

Platinum trophies aren’t supposed to be easy guys. You shouldn’t be expecting to walk away with 100% from every game, nor should you be buying games based on their trophies. This is nuts. These games have always offered difficulty modes so there is most likely going to be trophies attached to them, like there was in the original. Understand that if you enjoy playing the game on Normal difficulty, then there are people out there that think the game doesn’t even begin until you’re on Crushing. The higher difficulty levels often bring out the full capabilities of Naughy Dogs’ AI/Combat.

Anyways, can’t wait to hold hands with Sully in 1080p/60fps!

Yungstar_2007 17 August, 2015 @ 19:57
15.1

100% of users should be able to achieve 100% of the trophies. putting in severely difficult to achieve trophies that can only be achieved by the few should never be allowed to happen. ever.

Yungstar_2007 17 August, 2015 @ 19:50

can you still select and play the 3rd one in 3D?

No 3D, no party.

3D was a gimmick. Get over it.

fps_d0minat0r 17 August, 2015 @ 20:07

Does crushing difficulty still need to be unlocked by completing the game on another difficulty?
If so then I’m out. I love the game but I’m not playing each one again 3 times.

I like challenging trophies, but I don’t like long tedious and unnecessarily hard trophies because the dev needed a cheap way to add replay value.

Please consider letting us start on brutal difficulty given that this is a remaster and half the people playing it are fans of the series who have already played the game.

fps_d0minat0r 17 August, 2015 @ 20:09
18.1

Alternatively, the game could read trophy data and if the player has beaten crushing mode on PS3, then they would be able to start on brutal mode.

18.2

This^.

What’s worse is we don’t know if the games will have a speed run trophy as of yet, so that could be 4 runs.

Then we have to assume that if a gamer is doing these trophies then they’re most likely going for the Plat, which means a further collectible mop up run…which could be anything from a few chapters to having to visit all chapters.

So at best 3-4 runs and perhaps even 4-5 runs if there is in fact a speed run trophy. I am not amused by any of this! :D

Same malarkey sales pitch as God of War 3.

Keep your PS3 originals folks, because those are the definitive versions.

fps_d0minat0r 17 August, 2015 @ 22:03
19.1

Ofcourse because they are the ones with online mode… which doesnt require a PS+ subscription.

“It only does everything” #really4theplayer.

No, the PS4 will be the Definitive versions. They didn’t waste time on the multiplayer and crafted a masterpiece.

RodrigoSharingan 18 August, 2015 @ 11:28
19.3

@Lucreto The masterpiece experience was already there with the PS3 version! What we are getting is just a facelift in graphics and even less content then the previews versions because of multiplayer. Why cant you guys get it?

The multiplayer of U2 and U3 was and is a give deal, it made me and many other players continue playing the game for at least 3/4 years after release! The definitive version of the game is the PS3 version that as all the content. This is just another remaster to boost sales.

More excited about this than I honestly thought I’d be. Impressed with how polished it’s looking – Drake’s Fortune especially!

Brutal Mode was anticipated, I’m looking forward to the challenge. And to echo previous commentors above; Uncharted games already hold your hand quite a lot – you just don’t get anywhere near the same sense of achievement when it’s an easy Platinum.

Thanks Bluepoint. See you all in the Beta!

People really need to get over the multiplayer thing.

Look at that trailer, look at the texture updates and character upgrades. They put some serious effort into the games and it shows. I am glad they didn’t waste time on the multiplayers because they would have to do both to make people happy. It would have taken away from the main focus of the single player.

HUGE fan, AMAZING series, CAN’T wait. Will DEF pay to go through these gems again with even slightly improved visuals/performance.

My only gripes are:
1). Golden Abyss very disappointingly & oddly missing from this “NATHAN DRAKE COLLECTION”.. (Escape Plan is a clear example of Vita to PS4 port with touch pad controls that works very well). No excuse here really, at LEAST can/should be future patched in.

2). No multiplayer. I can understand they wanna focus on U4 multiplayer beta to start, but it’d be pretty nice & welcome if they would patch in U2 and/or U3 multiplayer AFTER the U4 multiplayer beta ends, leaving this amazing collection with ZERO multiplayer support to extend life.

I will get this as soon as i finsish gta5, gow 3, dying light, borderlands handsome, persona 3, disgaea 4 (well at least to lvl 1000), mortal kombat x, gow ascension and the many many others in my backlog. Seriously I am stoked there are more good games than i have time to play.

Can I expect 3 platinum trophies?

I’m not saying that the games should be easy or easy to get trophies. I’m saying that I’m paying the same price as everyone else for these games and I’m never gonna get the platinum trophy. Like others have said it’s just so the developers make you play it over and over again, I’ve got other games that I wanna play not spend ages playing the same game. Why can’t they make a dynamic skill level which evolves with the player and then they can put in more interesting trophies.

Please tell me that there’s a 30 fps lock option, that’s the way I allaways play may campaign’s I don’t like 60 fps on third person games

*not may, it’s my XD

We close the comments for posts after 30 days.

Edit history