UPDATE: Thanks for your comments on the launch of the PlayStation F.C. UEFA Champions League App. We are working with UEFA to address your feedback.
In order to be fair to everyone who wants to play UEFA Champions League Fantasy Football this season, scoring will now start on matchday two on 29 September 2015 to give everyone a chance to submit their team. Matchday one will serve as a “warm-up round” for UEFA Champions League Fantasy Football and there will be unlimited transfers ahead of matchday two when the transfer window opens again. If you’re still having difficulty creating and saving your team, please refer to the user guide for tips on how to create your team (including details on the permitted number of players per position/club and total budget).
Please note that this also means that the Grand Prize, End of Season and Runner-Up prize competitions within the PlayStation F.C. UEFA Champions League App on PS4 will start from matchday two on 29 September 2015. You also still have the chance to win the matchday one (15/09/15 – 16/09/15) prize within the app with scores determined by Predictor points only.**
Click here for prize competition Terms and Conditions.
With the first matches of the UEFA Champions League Group Stage kicking-off tomorrow, we’re excited to tell you about a new football app launching today on PS4, called PlayStation F.C. UEFA Champions League App.*
The free app, which is exclusive to PS4 and available now from PlayStation Store, let’s you watch classic matches from the UEFA Champions League archives, play Fantasy Football and other mini-games, and compete for amazing prizes.
For a closer look at what’s included, check out the following video:
The app offers three games to enjoy – Fantasy Football, Top Five (coming soon) and Predictor – allowing you to compete against your friends and climb the PlayStation F.C. Leaderboards on PS4.
- Fantasy Football: Pick your UEFA Champions League dream team – make big money transfers, game changing substitutions and, of course, choose the all-important team name.
- Top Five (coming soon): Who do you think will be the star players in the next match? Make your choice.
- Predictor: Can you guess the correct result of the upcoming match?
The points you earn playing these games are combined to give you an overall score on the PlayStation F.C. Leaderboard. As you earn more points, you’ll also be assigned an overall “UEFA Champions League Fan Level”, which can be improved as the season progresses.
You’ll also have the chance to win prizes at certain points throughout the season**, including tickets to the UEFA Champions League Final Milan 2016. Take a look at what prizes are on offer.
- Matchday prizes: PlayStation Vita, €100 PlayStation Store Wallet Top-up, 12 Month PlayStation Plus Membership
- Grand prize (after the end of the Quarter-Final stage): 2 x tickets to the UEFA Champions League Final Milan 2016, with flights and accommodation
- End of season prizes: PS4 – Ultimate Player 1TB Edition, DUALSHOCK 4 wireless controller, Wireless Stereo Headset 2.0, €100 PlayStation Store Wallet Top-up, 12 Month PlayStation Plus Membership
- 5 x end of season runners up prizes – PlayStation Vita, €100 PlayStation Store Wallet Top-up, 12 Month PlayStation Plus Membership
PlayStation Plus members will also be able to relive some of the most memorable moments from the UEFA Champions League archives, with a number of Classic Matches available to watch via the in-app player.
A range of matches from past seasons will be available at different times throughout the season, in 5 and 20 minute edits. The following Classic Matches are in the app to watch from today:
- Juventus 1-3 FC Barcelona – Final, Berlin 2015
- Man. Utd 4-3 Real Madrid (Agg: 5-6) – Quarter-finals, second leg, 2002/2003
- FC Bayern München 1-1 Chelsea FC (aet, Chelsea win 4-3 on penalties) – Final, Munich 2012
You can also keep an eye on the latest group standings within the app as matches are played out.
And the above is just the start. We’re planning to add more updates to the app throughout the season, so keep checking back on here and in the app for more news.
Download the app now to get started with selecting your Fantasy Football team and making your predictions for this week’s matches. Just remember to make your choices with enough time before the matches kick-off.
For further tips check out our full guide
*You must be over 18 years-old to download this app. It is only available in the following languages: English, French, German, Italian, Portuguese, Russian and Spanish.
**Prize competition only open to the following countries: Australia, Austria, Belgium, Czech Republic, Denmark, Finland, France, Germany, Hungary, India, Ireland, Netherlands, New Zealand, Norway, Poland, Portugal, Russia, Slovakia, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, Turkey and the United Kingdom . Read full terms and conditions