Bloodborne expansion The Old Hunters launches on 24th November

Prepare yourselves for a new nightmare

Hello, Bloodborne fans. Thanks to the tremendous support from all of you, the passionate Bloodborne community, we are very proud to announce that Bloodborne has now sold through over 2 million units worldwide.

It is on the heels of this milestone that we can confirm that the highly anticipated expansion for Bloodborne is almost upon us. The wait is almost over, and a new nightmare is almost here…

Starting 24th November, download the Bloodborne DLC expansion The Old Hunters and experience the nightmare of the hunters who once guarded Byrgenwerth’s darkest secrets.

newweapon 1080

Set in a nightmare world where hunters from the past are trapped forever, explore brand new stages full of dangers, rewards and deadly beasts to overcome. You’ll find multiple new outfits and weapons to add to your arsenal as well as additional magic to wield and add more variety to your combat strategy.

With new story details, learn the tale of hunters who once made Yharnam their hunting grounds, meet new NPCs, and discover another side of the history and world of Bloodborne. Here’s a brief glimpse of just some of what lies in store for you when The Old Hunters launches on 24th November, including Simon’s Bowblade weapon, and new boss enemy Ludwig.

Stay tuned for more about The Old Hunters expansion here on PlayStation Blog.

newmap_blood 1080 newmagic 1080ludwig_blood 1080
Did you enjoy this?

32 Comments 0 Author replies
Show oldest first
DC_Cha_Cha_Cha 15 September, 2015 @ 9:39 am   1

VERY excited about this!! 🙂

Spade_The_Prinny 15 September, 2015 @ 9:47 am   2

First i was impressed about the trailer then i was impressed about the price 😀

Can’t have too much Bloodborne! So excited for this. And the price is lower then i expected.

X_Blood_Curse_X 15 September, 2015 @ 9:58 am   4

I agree with the above, £11.99 seems a decent price, whats the catch? Lol

im so looking forward to this but i made the big mistake of starting new game + but not progressing very far. if this is similar to Dark Souls 1 and 2 then I’ll have to spend time getting through the game again to unlock the new DLC. and ive still got MGS and Witcher to play!! too many massive, amazing games this year! its a good problem to have

I don’t envy your situation haha! I’ve been playing some more Bloodborne since my MGSV got delayed (Bloody!) I’m on NG+ too, around Rom but I’m struggling to incentivise myself to keep going as my Hunters Axe is already super-powered and I’m attempting to upgrade my Saw Spear. If you get time between MGSV/Witcher, we should co-op and get through to the end!

This looks fantastic!
Can’t wait for it to play. Bloodborne is still my nr 1. GOTY candidate for this year.

MilanYildirim 15 September, 2015 @ 10:17 am   7

I’m super hyped about this. Please tell me save does go on from our Bloodborne character. I don’t want to start from beginning

Will there be al retail release of the full game and expansion?

LeftMonocle 15 September, 2015 @ 11:19 am   10

I originally loved the deviation from other souls like games. But I really hope they add 50-100 new weapons, different armor types and magic ability’s.

The game needs build-variety, lots of it.

Any new trophies? The price is good, so definitely getting this day one. Will be a nice distraction for Star Wars Battlefront

Great game with great content and with this expansion at this reasonable price other companies should learn from FromSoftware
Day 1 for me

climhazzard1 15 September, 2015 @ 12:31 pm   13

We get to fight Ludwig? YEAAAAH BOIIII

The hubb bought me Bloodborne recently but it’s still sealed. I want to play it but then I don’t. Any time a game is considered hard I just think of playing Ninja Gaiden. A controller smashed against the wall, stomping around throwing a proper strop behaving like the hulk and then it all ending in tears with me sobbing on the bed.

Having said that I did take out that knight at the beginning of Demon Souls (the red one) with that little sparkle wand. Killing everything over and over…4 hours later a friend asked if I wanted to join them being so proud I hadn’t died only to discover I hadn’t fought the first boss. I didn’t die but I really didn’t like the whole invader aspect of the game which started around the third boss. I stopped playing for that reason. It’s best to just play those games offline

Your Ninja Gaiden story sounds like my experience with MGR: Revengeance. I eventually completed it, but it cost me a controller and several bruises on my head… (don’t ask)

I don’t think any of the Souls games (or Bloodborne) have those kinds of ridiculous difficulty spikes – they don’t ever (or hardly ever) feel unfair, and Bloodborne in particular gives you just enough confidence with every failed boss attempt to keep you hanging in there. Once you get the hang of timing your dodges/interrupts, you’ll have a much easier time. So go on – join the hunt.

Cheers for that

I was intimidated by Demon Souls when it first came out but by the time it was offered on IGC I had made the error of playing Dragon’s Dogma as a mage. Crap bandit archers could one shot me so it was this constant save move save move until the first major city. I was able to persist in beating one of the drakes at level 15 which was probably one of the longest fights ever in a game. It took over an hour

Sometimes I like a challenging game but I like beating the computer not pvp stuff and ultimately the DS games had pvp. I’ll eventually give it a go but playing it offline

Mostly the same boat at you Izorpo, I play mostly without invasions but I like helping others out every now and then. From what I know, people just heal a lot in PVP and it should be a duel not a marathon y’know.

Bloodborne was my first game since Demon’s Souls in the series I played and it’s honestly one of my favorite games of the era. It’s simple compared but in a way it makes it more focused and then your skills really determine your mettle rather than overpowered weapons or armour. Play it when you can, it’s FANTASTIC when you triumph

RodrigoSharingan 15 September, 2015 @ 5:53 pm   15

Omg this made my day. I cant wait..

Standalone like TLoU: Left Behind? I already sold my Bloodborne copy.

Just smacked my head on the shelf jumping out the chair after reading that title. It’s bleeding a little, but I don’t care

I hope Bloodborne’s the 1st DLC quality would be the same level compared to that of Dark Souls II DLC trilogy.

Hopefully PS+ members will get a launch discount.

Painted_Lady123 16 September, 2015 @ 5:10 pm   20

So excited cannot wait 🙂

roshia_no_kata 16 September, 2015 @ 7:11 pm   21

>Our eyes are yet to open… P.W.

Well, someone should say that anyway. And yes – it’s “hype” for me too. Although was expecting some new CHALICE dungeons (my fav. in BB). Alas and alack?

Hopefully the retail copy is a copy of the game and the expansion on disc and not a copy of bloodborne and a download code for the expansion.

pablo-hassan 20 September, 2015 @ 12:22 am   23

Adding content to my personal game of the year EXCITED!!!

Thehahaninja 29 September, 2015 @ 12:05 pm   24