Get ready to be taken to a galaxy far, far away! Today, we’re happy to reveal that the Star Wars Battlefront beta is coming to PS4 on 8th October through 12th October. The beta is a technical test and will give Rebels and Imperials alike just a small taste of the Star Wars battle fantasies you can expect to live out when the game launches on 17th November.
The beta will let you experience three modes spread across three iconic planets, including:
- Walker Assault on Hoth: Fight in epic 40-player battles as a Rebel to destroy the Empire’s onslaught of AT-AT’s by calling in Y-wing bombers. Or, side with the Empire and protect your walkers while utilizing their mighty weaponry to crush the Rebel objective.
- Drop Zone on Sullust: Escape pods are crashing down and you and your team must fight to control them. With its frantic 8v8 matches, Drop Zone is sure to put your combat and strategy skills to the test.
- Survival Mission on Tatooine: Play alone or with a friend via co-op or split-screen as you battle to hold off waves of Imperial forces including AT-ST’s, TIE fighters, elite stormtroopers, and more.
In addition to the Star Wars Battlefront beta on PS4, you’ll also get a chance to try out the Star Wars Battlefront Companion experience. Available during the beta only at www.StarWarsBattlefront.com, the Star Wars Battlefront Companion experience features the strategic card game Base Command, and lets you earn in-game Credits that unlock Star Cards, weapons, and more in Star Wars Battlefront.
In addition to Base Command, the Companion also lets players check out game stats and progression, customize load-outs and appearance, connect with friends, and more.
Whether you look forward to crushing the Rebel scum or feel like you can take on the whole Empire by yourself, we look forward to seeing all you in the Star Wars Battlefront beta on 8th October.
- What is the Star Wars Battlefront beta?
The Beta is an opportunity for the team at DICE to test various aspects of the game and its online infrastructure. Because of this players may experience interruptions to their gameplay during the Beta period.
- Do I need to register for the beta?
The Star Wars Battlefront beta is open to PS4 players. There is no need to register. The Star Wars Battlefront Companion is available during the beta to all players with an EA Account.
- When is the Star Wars Battlefront beta?
The Star Wars Battlefront beta and Companion will be available on 8th October and will end on 12th October. The beta and Companion is open to players around the world.
- What time will the beta and Companion be available on 8th October?
Time will vary by platform and region. Please come back and visit the Star Wars Battlefront beta hub for all the latest information.
- When will the beta and Companion end?
The beta will end on 12th October. Exact times vary by platform and region.
- Where can I find the beta?
The Beta will be available via PlayStation Store.
- How big will the beta download be?
The download will be around 7GB.
- Is there a level cap?
The beta level cap with allow you to advance to level five. Once you hit the level cap you will no longer be able to progress to higher levels, though you will still be able to unlock items in the beta.
- Do my stats and progression carry over to the main game?
Stats and progression will not carry over to the final game or the final companion experience.
- How many players does each mode support?
Walker Assault supports up to 40 players, 20 per side, with Drop Zone supporting 16. The Survival Mission can be played by yourself or with a friend via online co-op or local split-screen.
- Will there be a mobile app for the Companion?
During the beta, the Companion will only be playable via browser at www.StarWarsBattlefront.com. Prior to the release of Star Wars Battlefront, the Companion will be available on web and in the Apple App Store and Google Play store. Note that stats and progression earned during the beta will not carry over to the final Companion experience.
- What browsers does the Companion support?
The latest version of Chrome, Firefox, Microsoft Edge, and Internet Explorer 11.