Posted

Firewatch arrives February 2016 on PS4

Campo Santo's gorgeous, mysterious wilderness exploration game is just a few months away

Circle 9th February on your calendar, gather your friends, and put your camping trips on hold: Firewatch is launching on PS4!

Firewatch Date Announcement

Right now we’re still polishing, optimizing, writing, and developing the last bits of the game, but we can’t wait to put it out there for you to play.

If you didn’t see us at E3 this year, you can check out our trailer here. Firewatch is a first-person adventure game about a mystery in the Wyoming wilderness. It’s being developed by a group of folks who brought you games like The Walking Dead: Season 1, Brutal Legend, Bioshock II, The Cave and Mark of the Ninja.

We’ll have much more to say in the lead-up to 9th February, as well as some opportunities for some of you to get an early hands-on. Keep an eye out for more info, and feel free to toss us questions in the comments right on this blog.

24 Comments
0 Author replies
CoolRichy007UK 12 October, 2015 @ 17:51

Day1 buy for me n you can put my name in the beta as well it looks awesome

Oh wow I completely forgot about this. Looking forward to it again now! :)

Damn you and your crazy middle-endian date formats that nobody else on the planet uses!!! ;)

FatPrincess2015 12 October, 2015 @ 18:36

Day one.

Loving the look of this. The setting and the lovely orange sunsets are a big draw for me.
I’m interested in why you choose this setting guys? :)

Gloom12356776543 12 October, 2015 @ 18:51

Cant wait :D

Looking good so far. Will you be considering patching in Morpheus / PS VR compatibility at some point, because this seems like a perfect game for it?

Day zero!

Add another to the day 1 club…. been waiting for this.

Inherentdragon 12 October, 2015 @ 19:07

I had wondered where this had dissapeared to! Looking forward to it!

This is, hands down, my most hyped game in recent memory. I hope the game’s as awesome as it looks! :)

now this is the type of indie i was expecting for the ps4 not most of the trash we have had up to now cant wait for this fellas looks addictive keep up the good work and show the rest of the indie developers how to put together a great game

When I first heard that there’s a team that consists of guys who were involved with TWD (made me cry like a baby), a dude from the Mark of The Ninja team (platinumed it, loved it) and Olly Moss (love the Star Wars posters), I was automatically hyped up.

Can’t wait to actually get my hands on the game. I love everything about it I’ve seen so far: the look, the setting, the ominous vibes.. February can’t come fast enough.

retail or digital, price?

CoolRichy007UK 12 October, 2015 @ 21:16
14.1

i bet they say £12.99 ;)

CoolRichy007UK 12 October, 2015 @ 21:16

i guess im gonna watch fire i hope this is not hot stuff :P

9/2/16 for the rest of the world.

OH YEAH. I’m in!

September 2016 seems a long time to wait.

DarkLightning360 13 October, 2015 @ 11:06

This game looks amazing I’m really intrigued by the mystery can’t wait to get my hands on this Day 1 and uncover just what’s going on :)

How did I miss this trailer before!? This looks incredible. Can I ask, the woman who speaks, can we get her speaking through the speaker on the controller? That would be a much better experience I think.

just another example of a game getting announced for pc, and you think oh… please ps4.and …yeaaaaah

I love that there’s an aspiration to release this simultaneously across all regions. When will we be able to pre-order? I’d really like to show early support for the game and studio.

Sean Vanaman weren’t you working as a writer with Telltale on TWD Season 1 ? Or am I dreaming ?

We close the comments for posts after 30 days.

Edit history