Posted

Rocket League gets Back to the Future DLC this month

The iconic DeLorean time machine joins the roster on 21st October

Roads? Where we’re going, we don’t need roads… But we do need a pitch!

Starting 21st October, 2015 — the same day that Marty McFly traveled to in Back to the Future Part II — the world-famous DeLorean Time Machine will officially appear as a playable Battle-Car in Rocket League!

Truth be told, we used to fantasise and joke about having the DeLorean in our game months before it even came out. We were all such huge Back to the Future fans here at Psyonix, that it was one of the few “Holy Grails” we had hoped for besides having a hit game. The fact that we’re getting both of those “best-case scenarios” in the same year is an amazing accomplishment for us – they’re things we’ll never forget!

E3_2015_Mediakit_018

Hopefully, you’ll never forget your time with the DeLorean Time Machine either, as we’ve worked meticulously to recreate its look, feel, and folding jet-wheels just as they appeared in the original motion picture trilogy. Best of all, it’s a heck of a lot of fun to play with — and comes complete with its signature “Burnt Rubber” Rocket Trail to boot!

Available in the “Back to the Future Car Pack,” the DeLorean Time Machine will retail for €1.99 starting 21st October!

(P.S. If you want to grab even more content before the DeLorean Time Machine hits the field next week, don’t forget to drop by the PlayStation Store tomorrow and pick up the “Revenge of the Battle-Cars DLC Pack”.)

E3_2015_Mediakit_018

25 Comments
0 Author replies

I wish I could swear on here because this is ******* awesome!

madmanwithabox12 12 October, 2015 @ 16:53

YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEESSSSSSSSSSSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I hope the top speed is 88mph
This game has some serious legs. For something so simple it’s done so well. Many have tried before, they all failed.
The perfect ps plus game

winkelwagentje 12 October, 2015 @ 20:43
3.1

This should be a trophy: Score a goal with the DeLorean at 88mph.

There are a hand full of iconic cars out there: The General Lee, Kit from Knight rider, Herbie, Ecto-1, The Bat Mobile but the Delorean from BTTF has to be amongst the best ever.

Day one for this. In fact if I had a flux capacitor I’d travel forward in time to get it 9 days early.

4.1

I’d love KITT and Herbie as well. DeLorean is an instant buy for me.

M

Awesome! Hope about some Ghostbusters DLC? Ecto-1 would be cool.

varas get’s it!

That does look well COOL :P

Great Scott!

Wait a minute. Wait a minute, Doc. Ah… Are you telling me that you built a Rocket League car… out of a DeLorean?

if i had to measure my excitement in jigawatts, i’d say it is probably a 1.21

Instant buy

CoolRichy007UK 12 October, 2015 @ 17:53

I said great scott 1st n seen all movies 10000 times!

Carnivius_Prime 12 October, 2015 @ 17:59

Pure awesome! Unexpected too.

And yes I would like KITT in the game too if possible. :D

ScrewThePooch 12 October, 2015 @ 19:23

It better have the hover conversion!!

warensembler83 12 October, 2015 @ 19:25

Shut up and take my money!

Can you add some other pictures to the game’s loading screen? It’s kinda boring staring at the same pic every time, even though the loading time isn’t long. Surely there are lots of cool Rocket League posters/wallpapers out there. Maybe you can even capture some highlight pics of the player’s own gameplay and show them randomly during loading.

StevenJamesHyde 13 October, 2015 @ 09:16

*sits patiently waiting for Revenge of the Battle Cars to be added to the store*

I’ve not played this since I plat it, but I will need to get this

DarkLightning360 13 October, 2015 @ 11:01

Great job Psyonix keep up the great job

SOLD!

the important thing is that this car should be free

Bought this so hard – twice – for PS4 and PC.

We close the comments for posts after 30 days.

Edit history