Posted

Bloodborne Game of the Year Edition launches on 27th November

Buy From Software’s phenomenal action RPG and forthcoming DLC in one package

Hi everyone. Today we’re happy to announce that Bloodborne Game of the Year Edition launches on PlayStation 4 from 27th November 2015. If you haven’t yet mustered the courage to venture into Yharnam’s dank, treacherous streets, this is the perfect opportunity to get involved, packaging together From Software’s critically acclaimed action RPG and the incoming DLC story expansion, The Old Hunters.

E3_2015_Mediakit_018

As detailed last month, The Old Hunters challenges players to explore entirely new environments, including a monolithic clock tower, filled with Bloodborne’s traditional blend of risk, reward and frightening boss encounters.

In addition to new environments, you’ll also gain access to new outfits and weapons to bolster your beast-battling arsenal, including a fearsome new ranged weapon called Simon’s Bowblade. On top of this, The Old Hunters also offers players the ability to go native and transform into terrifying beasts.

Look out for more news on The Old Hunters as launch approaches, and check out the announcement trailer below.

Did you enjoy this?

Comments

54 Comments 0 Author replies
Show oldest first

Is this included on Disc or as a code?

will the dlc be a voucher code or actually on disc and will we be able to use our current bloodborne save? usually with dark souls dlc/re-releases you had to make a new save to be able to play them

NinjaMicWZ 13 October, 2015 @ 12:37 pm

I would like to know this too, because I’m more likely to buy a new disc release of the game if the fully patched and expanded game is on the disc, that way I can always revisit it in the future in it’s most complete form.

Otherwise, I’ll just buy the DLC by itself.

KleinerBubu 13 October, 2015 @ 1:39 pm

Me too: I would also like to know if

the expansion is on the disc?
    the patches that have been already release are on the disc?
    the game of the year edition is compatible with the savngs of the old version?

MagistrateOswald 3 November, 2015 @ 1:26 pm

I asked Sony myself . They not decided yet but they will report it in the next days.

KilerWSB26 13 October, 2015 @ 12:07 pm   3

Hello Sony !

I would like to send my preorder for Playstation 5 .

Ps4 is good but Ps5 will be so much better i believe

Im waiting for any roumors about it

Thank You !

MaxDiehard 14 October, 2015 @ 11:40 am

It’s been 2 years. This generation hasn’t even properly started yet.

fps_d0minat0r 14 October, 2015 @ 6:40 pm

@ MaxDiehard
    I think he means that by the time we get all basic features back like friend notifications, PS5 will be out so might as well pre-order that and play the good ps4 games remastered in 4k resolution on the ps5.

Jeez that’s maybe the most hurried GOTY release I’ve ever seen.

Not something I’d ever expect from FromSoft…

StevenJamesHyde 13 October, 2015 @ 12:14 pm

In their defence, it makes a heck of a lot more sense than releasing it at the same time as Dark Souls 3 like they did with Scholar of the First Sin/Bloodborne. And it’s good for Sony to have something to go up against Microsoft’s big hitters as Christmas approaches

It’s publisher (Sony) decision 🙂

I’m totally fine with it. Never bought the original game and was waiting for a release with the expansion included – hopefully on disc 🙂

BeardBoss 13 October, 2015 @ 12:41 pm

Good points raised there guys. I’d rather have the content on disc too, but I wouldn’t repurchase for that privilege.

@stevenjameshyde – I wonder if that could be acknowledgement that this year has otherwise been a little underwhelming…

mazurpapa 14 October, 2015 @ 12:26 am

the old hunters will be the only DLC for bloodborne, so there’s no point in waiting

This is my goty but I need more info on the expansion.

Great news 😀

Is the Old Hunters expansion on the disc or just a code to download the DLC?

Capt_Darling 13 October, 2015 @ 12:19 pm   7

Nice. Will there be a special edition like Japan is getting?

Eager for the Bloodborne DLC and Dark souls 3.

Lince_SPAIN 13 October, 2015 @ 12:36 pm   8

I think the fans deserve the limited “Old Hunters” edition Japan is getting, the Souls games are so special I don’t associate them with generic box arts and simple “GOTY” editions, that’s some abused marketing strategy for casual games, I would double dip to get the limited edition, simply as that, generic box art and packaging + DLC voucher is not exactly making my wallet nervous when I already got the original Bloodborne Collector’s Edition.

I already own the collectors edition of Bloodborne so won’t be buying this version, I’ll go for the very respectful DLC price of £11.99. That being said, if we get the same collectors version as Japan, I could be tempted. Damn my addiction to collectors editions! For anyone who hasnt played the game before, this is a no brainer. Buy it. Even if you find it difficult at first, don’t give up, change you play, come back later. Then you’ll find how amazing this game is. My GOTY, closely followed by the Witcher. So far…

Now Demons Souls remaster please with a brand new DLC included (6th archstone now accessible)

StevenJamesHyde 13 October, 2015 @ 1:08 pm

This. Also, make Dark Souls 3 available to buy as a trilogy, with a remaster of the first included

I’m one of those people against remasters. But not gonna lie.. I would bite for a DeS remaster.

Widow3cdo 13 October, 2015 @ 1:10 pm   11

Since many people already have this game, how about mentioning the game that comes out in 10 days on the blog? You know, that racing game that still isn’t on the store to preorder, TRACKMANIA TURBO, I did a search for it and no blog posts yet, do I have to order the disc version?

Errr… I’m sure this will just be a DLC-only voucher. Why bother unless it’s packaged on the disc. Regardless, one of the best games for PS4 (before MGSV existed).

Fred, sorry if i ask here: but i have two questios:

1) Last week you guys posted new sales on the Store. However, some games have either vanished from the post, or just give the full price when put in the cart. Some examples include:

– Sonic & All-Stars Racing Transformed (PS3/Vita)
– Sonic Unleashed (PS3)
– Virtue’s Last Reward (Vita, not the Complete Edition)
– The Last of Us GOTY (PS3, which was eventually fixed)

I hope there’s a fix coming for these three games before the end of the sale.

2) Any news regarding that faulty/missing Ridge Racer 7 DLC that i kept asking for until a couple of weeks ago?

This should be reported to trading standards and the ombudsman service because this is misleading marketing as it is abundantly clear that Fallout 4 is the only legitimate heir to the Game of the Year throne.

StevenJamesHyde 13 October, 2015 @ 2:38 pm

It only needs to win ‘Game of the Year’ award from one publication in one category (e.g. Left 4 Dead had a GOTY edition of the back of an obscure “Multiplayer Game of the Year” award). I’d think that a “PS4 Exclusive Game of the Year” award from somewhere is pretty much nailed on

StevenJamesHyde 13 October, 2015 @ 2:39 pm

Still, releasing it before anyone’s even declared their GOTY choices is a bit presumptuous

Bovrillor 13 October, 2015 @ 3:15 pm

Actually, it doesn’t need to win any awards at all to be marketed as a ‘Game of the Year’ collection.

It’s just a marketing term for ‘complete with DLC’

This came up before and someone pointed out a whole bunch of games that were lacking any awards yet still had GOTY releases.

Bovrillor is correct.

However there’s a fun fact: sometimes the GOTY edition doesn’t include all DLC, just look at Borderlands 2.

madmonkey01 21 October, 2015 @ 1:30 pm

is fallout 4 good? the rest of us havnt played it yet.

BlaqMagiq24 13 October, 2015 @ 2:36 pm   15

Any chance this is coming to North America? I want the DLC on disc.

MaxDiehard 14 October, 2015 @ 11:42 am

You’re better off asking on your US blog. SCEE and SCEA are different entities.

raducucosmin84 13 October, 2015 @ 3:04 pm   16

hey Fred,

will we be able to preorder the DLC and/or the GOTY edition?

Strangeheaven 13 October, 2015 @ 3:13 pm   17

I also would like everything intact on the disc. I don’t want to download patch after patch plus the expansion. Make sure everything is on the disc.

Strangeheaven 13 October, 2015 @ 3:16 pm   18

If the expansion is a download voucher, I won’t bother buying this edition. Everything must be intact and fixed on the disc.

didsburydan 13 October, 2015 @ 5:09 pm   20

while it is definitely my favourite game of the year so far…. where and when did it win the “GOTY” title? a bit presumptuous, no?

em1l1aa1l1me 13 October, 2015 @ 7:00 pm   21

Will we be getting a collectors edition just as japan? Or just the game of the year-edition.

the_man72 13 October, 2015 @ 8:23 pm   22

Definitely will pick this up saves on Buying the DLC for it lol

BreakerDM 14 October, 2015 @ 12:20 am   23

you know what from now on I am just going to wait for the complete version seeing that many people are getting ripped off paying for only part of there game good thing I didn’t get this at launch but am regretting that with other games like Destiny.

MaxDiehard 14 October, 2015 @ 11:43 am

Uhh, this is the complete edition. That’s the point of GotY.

StevenJamesHyde 14 October, 2015 @ 12:14 pm

Think you may have missed the point, MaxDiehard – BreakerDM appears to be expressing the sentiment that he’s just going to wait for the complete edition *of everything* from now on, due to the frequent practice of DLC being cut from the main game. I don’t agree in the case of Bloodborne, but can see the point

Seishoujyo 14 October, 2015 @ 1:17 pm   24

60 Euro for the GOTY I think it’s really expensive, you can find the game for 30 Euro and the DLC will cost 15/20 Euro max, how can you justify selling this for 60 Sony ? Seriously… Should be 40 Euro.

michaelnemma2016 18 October, 2015 @ 9:15 am   25

H

NoLifeDGenerate 9 November, 2015 @ 7:05 pm   26

Why is there still no confirmation whether or not the DLC is on disc or a lame voucher???