Posted

New on PlayStation Store: Assassin’s Creed Syndicate, NFL 16, more

Plus, SkyScrappers, Overlord, Forced, Laserlife and new discounts

It’s another busy week here on PlayStation Store as the latest iteration of the much loved Assassins Creed franchise hits the shelves. If you fancy taking on the role of a stealth assassin stalking the streets of Victorian London then this is definitely one for you!

If you are looking for something a little more energetic then make sure you pick up Madden NFL 16 or Just Dance 2016!

And if that’s not enough for you then make sure you check out our Halloween Deals, bringing you some spooky savings off some top horror titles! We’ll have a full list of discounts here on PlayStation Blog tomorrow.

PlayStation StoreOut this week

(Out 23/10/15)
    €24.99/£19.99

• BlazBlue Chronophantasma Extend
    (Out 23/10/15)
    €39.99/£34.99/AU$54.95

PS4 DLC

• Life Is Strange (Out 20/10/15)

• Episode 5
    €4.99/£3.99/AU$7.55
  • Metal Gear Solid V (Out 20/10/15)

• Various Costume Packs
    €0.99/£1.45/AU$0.79
  • Hustle Kings (Out 20/10/15)

• Puzzle Exhibition Pack
    €3.99/£3.29/AU$5.95
  • Tales of Zestiria (All out 20/10/2015)

• Seaside Resort Costume Set (Female)
    €4.99/£3.99/AU$7.55
  • Seaside Resort Costume Set (Male)
    €4.99/£3.99/AU$7.55
  • Seaside Resort Costumes Set
    €6.99/£5.79/AU$10.45
  • Rocksmith 2014 (Out 20/10/15)

• All Time Low Song Pack
    €7.99/£6.49/AU$11.95
  • All Time Low Individual Songs
    €2.99/£2.49/AU$4.55
  • Zen Pinball 2 (Out 12/10/15)

• Additional Scenario 4
    €2.99/£2.49/AU$4.55
  • Rocket League (Out 21/10/15)

• Back to the Future Car Pack
    €1.99/£1.69/AU$2.95
  • LittleBigPlanet 3 (Out 21/10/15)

• Back to the Future Level Kit and Costume Packs
    €1.99/£1.69/AU$2.95
  • Tales from the Borderlands (Out 21/10/15)

• Ep 5: The Vault of the Traveler
    €4.99/£3.99/AU$7.55
  • Dead or Alive 5 Last Round: Core Fighter (Out 13/10/15)

• Halloween Costumes
    €1.99/£1.69/AU$2.95
  • The Jackbox Party Pack 2 (Out 21/10/15)

• Season Pass
    €26.99/£21.99/AU$40.95
  • Just Dance Unlimited (All out 22/10/2015)

• 1 month
    €6.99/£5.79/AU$10.45
  • 3 months
    €14.99/£11.99/AU$22.95
  • Assassins Creed Syndicate (All out 23/10/15)

• Season Pass
    From €29.99/£24.99/AU$44.95
  • Helix Credit Small Pack
    From €9.99/£7.99/AU$14.95
  • Helix Credit Medium Pack
    From €19.99/£15.99/AU$29.95
  • Helix Credit Large Pack
    From €49.99/£39.99/AU$75.95
  • Disgaea 5: Alliance of Vengeance (Out 23/10/15)

• Scenario: Disgaea D2: Laharl Episode
    From €3.99/£3.29/AU$5.95
  • Character: Kunoichi
    From €1.99/£1.69/AU$2.95
  • Character: Girl Laharl
    From €1.99/£1.69/AU$2.95
  • Guitar Hero Live (All out 23/10/15)

• Hero Cash Packs (Various Values)
    From €2.99/£1.99/AU$3.75
  • Party Pass
    From €5.99/£3.99/AU$7.40
  • Blazblue Chronophantasma Extend (Out 23/10/15)

• Various Items and Costumes
    From €1.99/£1.69/AU$2.95
  • Party Pass
    From €5.99/£3.99/AU$7.40

If you’ve not got access to your PS4, PS3 or PS Vita then you can also buy through our online store

Free for PlayStation Plus subscribers in October

137 Comments
0 Author replies

I take it Marvel Puzzle Quest will be next week then?

1.1

Make a US account and get it from there, it will be cheaper anyway because the UK store is a total rip off.

1.2

Can someone explain why the prices in the UK are such a blatant insult to consumers?
For example, LEGO Marvel on PS4, UK price is £54.99. The US store is (roughly converted) £3.99!!!!!
On average a £55 game on the US store is approx £35 on the US, and even cheaper still if you use a third party shop, absolutely disgusting that UK gamers are ripped off like this.

Even though that’s silly that big difference, you don’t pay sales taxes over US purchases. This explains (a part of) the difference. That still leaves a couple of pounds floating around though.

People should buying games from the digital store. As long as people still buy it overpriced because they can, it will not change. I buy from other stores, and only use the digital one for discounts.

Investigaelfo 20 October, 2015 @ 14:04

Tales from the Borderlands (Out 21/10/15)

Ep 5: The Vault of the Traveler

Woo-hoo! ♫♪

2.1

I see the season pass is on sale. Is the game any good?

2.2

@Mcbeanstr: Best Telltale to date.

almighty-slayer 20 October, 2015 @ 14:56
2.3

It’s great! Really good characters, funny, very touching in parts (including one particular part in episode 4). Very much one of TellTale’s best and one of my favourite games of the year. Buy it!

Show more replies

Rocket League BTTF car pack and Jackbox Party Pack 2! I wish the latter would come out today though, as tomorrow has been claimed by some sort of movie marathon. ;)

Where is the newly released Rock band 4 DLC? And, more importantly, where are the hundreds of OLD Rock Band 4 DLCs!?

4.1

100% agreed, this is getting ridiculous. Really hope Sony don’t ignore us for months on end again.

Michael080869 20 October, 2015 @ 15:20
4.2

Where is all the legacy DLC stuff from Rock Band 4 which is already in the US-store. It’s a shame…

4.3

Doubt they will reply. Haven’t seen them reply on here for weeks. I tried tweeting Fred but no reply yet.

Show more replies

There are currently underlying payment issues with the PS store that are preventing users from paying with a card or PayPal account. This has been going on since last week. There has been a large number of posts across various threads concerning this, with others reporting similar issues. No official word from Sony on the matter as of yet and it’s been nearly 7 days.

Can we get some proper concrete answers and/or solutions? Getting a pre-paid card is not a solution by the way.

I’ve had a similar issue when i tried to buy games last week. My solution? I used PayPal for checkout from my PS3. Might not work on PS4 but that’s what i did, i was getting only PS3 content anyway. I have a pre-paid card associated to my PP account, though. I can’t believe it’s still going on after all this time.

RedDevilDazzy 20 October, 2015 @ 14:18
5.2

Oh really? I didn’t know that. Thought my credit card had a glitch!

Using Paypal gave me the same issue. I’ve tried everything. It’s an issue on Sony’s side.

Show more replies

Is the SkyScrappers price correct? It is only £9.99 elsewhere

Any more news of Rock Band dlc? Still like 1000 songs missing 2 weeks later

When are the rest of the Rock Band 4 legacy DLC songs going to be uploaded? You’ve still got a long way to go before everything is available.

Chris or Fred, i have some questions:

1) Why didn’t you guys even bother to fix the discounted prices for the following games, but instead decided to remove them and pretend that nothing ever happened?

– Sonic & All-Stars Racing Transformed (PS3/Vita)
– Sonic Unleashed (PS3)
– Virtue’s Last Reward (Vita, not the Complete Edition)

And the sale is ending tomorrow, thanks for nothing…

2) Any news regarding that faulty/missing Ridge Racer 7 DLC that i kept asking for until a couple of weeks ago?

Thank you.

9.1

And Super Monkey Ball: Banana Splitz for Vita as well. Best case scenario these’ll be included in tomorrow’s sale, but I wouldn’t count on it.

X_Blood_Curse_X 20 October, 2015 @ 14:09

Make Harvest Moon back to nature Vita compatible please

10.1

Agreed. It’s worrying when they aren’t even supporting PS1 Classics on the handheld now.

Hey Chris. Is there any information on the Rambo baker team dlc? Thanks

Why is the Metal Gear DLC platform specific? That is, some of it seems to be for PS3, some for PS4. Weird.

12.1

Maybe they’re still uploading them?

12.2

Could be, pretty odd though. Thanks!

And where are new pinball tables for Zen PInball 2? :-(

supersmith2500 20 October, 2015 @ 14:52
13.1

Well according to Zen’s twitter feed. Balls of Glory is out tomorrow.

13.2

Balls of Glory Pinball Launching This Week

Balls of Glory Pinball is launching today on PSN in North America and will be rolling out to more platforms this week! Balls of Glory combines four hit animated TV show properties: FAMILY GUY, AMERICAN DAD!, BOB’S BURGERS, and ARCHER, representing one epic pinball experience and features voice talent and sound effects from each hit TV show. Release schedule is below:

Wednesday, October 21

Zen Pinball 2 – PS3, PS4 and PS Vita in Europe

Can we expect life is strange to be discounted tomorrow ?

I thought Tales From The Borderlands was supposed to come out today? The trailer said 20th?

15.1

The trailer does indeed say the 20th. Clearly there’s been a cock up somewhere down the line.

supersmith2500 20 October, 2015 @ 14:15

Adventure Time? No wonder WayForward is a really tiny studio.

supersmith2500 20 October, 2015 @ 15:08
16.1

Ah, it’s due out 6th November. But still, no shutshimi after weeks? :(

Carnivius_Prime 20 October, 2015 @ 14:16

I’ll take Back to the Future stuff for Rocket League and LittleBigPlanet 3….tomorrow I guess. :P

RedDevilDazzy 20 October, 2015 @ 14:17

I’m sorry Sony, but I’m not exactly happy with you at the moment. Last week I thought Three Fourths Home: Extended Edition was being released in NA & Europe. Turns out it was only for NA, well the source was wrong from PlayStation Lifestyle about Europe. I went to so much trouble, like……..restoring my PS Vita to make a US account, I hit brick wall after brick wall trying to get the game, no dice, I couldn’t get it. And to top it all off, my credit card is now invalid, and I’ve cancelled it. All would of been avoided had the game been released in Europe last week. Things happen, but come on, I don’t find this acceptable really. I wanted that game real badly, it looks good. But I’m unable to get it now, well on a darn US Accont. Unbeliveable. I’m sorry for this rant, I hate ranting, just had to express my pure frustation!

18.1

it sounds like it’s the publishers fault, not Sony

18.2

Three Fourths Home: Extended Edition is £2.67 on Steam or Deluxe is £4.99. I know you want it for Vita but the pointless unexplained delays aren’t going away.

When is Three Fourths Home out?

I’d second the comment about Rock Band 4 DLC. Today, the Aerosmith Pack 02 should of been released. Could you say if we will get it today or next week?

Also, there’s still a lot of legacy tracks that need uploading for the PS4. Could we have a time frame on when these will be completed?

Seconded. Come on, SCEE – could we have some info as to what’s going on please? Seems PS’ers in the US and anyone with an XBOX anywhere in the world is good to go. Meanwhile us Playstation gamers in the UK are still waiting…

20.2

And again, SCEE falls behind. Whilst XBOX gamers around the world and PlayStation users in North America have full access to all of the Rock Band legacy songs for Rock Band 4 on the PS4, we’re still having to wait.

Harmonix released the Aerosmith Pack last week – everyone on the XBOX has it. PlayStation users in North America have it, everyone else in AU/NZ/EU/UK don’t.

It’s the Rocksmith debacle all over again. Will we need to get third party government departments and file complaints against SCEE yet again to get some answers and action?

almighty-slayer 20 October, 2015 @ 14:19

Um, isn’t Tales from The Borderlands supposed to be out today? :/

21.1

Yep. Clearly someone messed up. No-one seems to be saying anything about it either.

Guess we just have to wait for tomorrow.

zalwelgoedgaan 20 October, 2015 @ 14:26

SkyScrappers on Steam: €13 (discounted right now, €11,70)
SkyScrappers on PSN: €22

lol

No BlazBlue Chronophantasma Extend for PS4?

No Primal Carnage for the EU? We really struck gold with SCEE. Europe pay more and wait longer. We’re so lucky.

Its on the way , along with Breach and Clear……Sony EU ,Taking care of its largest install base as usual -_-

Another Rock Band post here, As people above has said there are 1000+ songs missing, More annoyingly track packs (A large bulk of my legacy DLC is made up of these) Harmonix started distributing these a week before you uploaded anything (Again SCEE are slow)

I would look at your quality control team, they really seem to struggle doing what Microsoft and SCEA can fly through.

Also, When it was announced you could pre-order the game there would be 10 free songs and a theme as a pre-order incentive. Well, We didn’t get the pre-order but Harmonix said they were looking at this rolling out across Europe back in August. Are you working with Harmonix on this?

Show full comment

Sorry guys, but this whole thing has been a huge mess and you are to busy ignoring us or blaming publishers when it comes to things like this. As a consumer I don’t care about what he said/She said I just want a result and if not that an explanation. I would have a lot more faith in a company that would own up to its mistakes than I do for any company whose policy it is to go completely silent and ignore the problem.

What about the Rock Band Legacy DLC? Europe is missing like a thosunad songs compared to the US? Why does it take so long? Any answer is appreciated.

26.1

^ confirmed. Especially in the email department.

zalwelgoedgaan 20 October, 2015 @ 14:34

(Test) You’ll get auto-moderated if you mention the game SkyS****pers, so be careful.

27.1

Huh, just write the letters separately, just like writing N O B O D Y

CoolRichy007UK 20 October, 2015 @ 14:57
27.2

will just post it in french they cany mod you then

27.3

that’s not a french flag, lol…

Discounts Tomorrow! :(

“Tales from the Borderlands (Out 21/10/15)”

Please tell me you’re joking!

29.1

SCEU never joke, they will happily change the date to hide how slow they are at updating the store!

FallingStickman 20 October, 2015 @ 14:50

The princes for new games still crack me up :D 70 Euro for Syndicate…

CoolRichy007UK 20 October, 2015 @ 14:54

£89.99 for assasins creed syndicate gold ARE you nuts sony good thing i pre ordered it for £69.99 when it was added to psn store . People if your thinking bout getting assasins creed syndicate pre order it before friday before the price spikes up to £90 whats next assasins creed egypt out december 1st 2050 £150

StevenJamesHyde 20 October, 2015 @ 15:46
31.1

After the mess that was Unity, pre-ordering an Assassin’s Creed game is every bit as mad as paying £90 for one

31.2

If gamers are willing to pay the price, publishers will try to increase their prices. £95 or £105 for Star Wars Battlefront Ultimate Edition. A bunch of digital items and some early access which costs the publisher almost nothing (helping them beta test too) is worth £45. Don’t pay it and things will become sane again.

So where is Primal Carnage? Isn’t it supposed to be out this week?

CoolRichy007UK 20 October, 2015 @ 14:56

Also out tomorrow for zen pinball 2 balls of glory pack x4 pinball tables . Family guy american dad bobs burgers and archer it says so on Official zen studios twitter

I just finished Life is Strange 5th episode. Amazing game! If anyone hasn’t play them yet, should do so now. Now I’m waiting for Tales from the Borderlands. Is (Out 21/10/15) a typo? I thought it was meant to be today?

Any news on “Bang! – The Video Game” in the Norwegian Store? It was supposed to be out on 16.10.2015, but still missing?

£89.99 for the Gold Ed of AC Syndicate or $89.99 (so what, £60?) … Either make the conversion rate FAIR or raise US prices. It’s that simple… you don’t want people to bypass this and make a US account..but you don’t do anything to make the normal option attractive.

36.1

its as though they dont want you to buy the download edition in the uk which i never do as you will always get a much better price for the hard copy it does not make sense

36.2

That’s the annoying part, I’d rather have digital games so I might actually use PSTV a bit more haha but its as you said – no incentive to buy digital UK

infernalmonkey1 20 October, 2015 @ 15:13

Is EA demented? $130 AUD for a bloody American football game?!

EA? Sony sets the prices. EA can only suggest a RRP

I’ll add another Rock Band comment to the list… Could we PLEASE have at least a ETA or something? Every ad mention the huge DLC library but nothing works! Harmonix says nothing, SCEE says nothing… I get that the studio is a lot smaller than before, i don’t expect everything to be ok instantely, i just want dialogue between Harmonix, SCEE and us

Tales of B and Life is strange yay! Can finally start replaying them completely after.. Any chance for a sale on the Telltale Back to the Future on ps4 soon? I really want it but given their record, this time I should wait for one of those plentiful Telltale sales..

Assassins Creed Syndicate £55 youve got to be joking getting my hard copy for £39.75

You hate us ( ≧Д≦)…. No Yakuza 5 avatars nor themes for us, for the rest of mortals.

And the game for the end of novembre, with lucky (╬ Ò ‸ Ó)……

Another voice to add to the chorus; where’s all the rest of the Rock Band DLC that everyone across the pond on both platforms already has and our friendly neighbours here in the EU with XBones have.

Please SCEE!!! Can we have more Rock Band 4 DLC??? Only PS EU is the exception… ;'{

43.1

Even though I personally don’t play rock band I understand people’s frustration. But really at this point do you think they care? EU is obviously getting shafted on a lot of things not just rb.

looking forward to some nice discounts tomorrow

Is it not possible to sort out the DLC section into something more manageable?
I don’t even look at DLC now because there are quite a few game that have dozens of DLC items added and it’s overwhelming. Is it not possible to have a single icons for New Dead or Alive 5 DLC, New Rockbound DLC, New Disgaea 5 DLC, New Singstar DLC instead of hundreds of items listed individually?
Or what about just having a section called “New DLC For My Games”?
I’ve stopped buying DLC since it’s got this cumbersome.

45.1

If you are using PS4 it’s easier to click related items but I 100% agree, the store is a mess.

45.2

You’re onto something with the ‘New DLC for My Games’ section, sadly I doubt they’ll ever listen

45.3

It has gotten a bit ott, but as long as I can remember SCEE have always been a bit sloppy like this, whereas SCEA used to organise new release DLC for a particular title into its own folder. There are so many mistakes each week it’s just coming across a bit careless now.

What about the missing 1000+ RB4 songs and packs in the european PSN store? What about the new Aerosmith Pack for RB4? In the US PSN store are already 1900+ Songs available. In the european XBL store are already 1900+ songs available. It’s really a shame, that the european store team is so slowly and we didn’t get an answer about the missings songs.

Please Tokyo jungle for the store!

47.1

You again? It’s a lost cause…

47.2

@lance_87 if its a lost cause why is it still so popular with the ps3 owners
the ps4 owners should be given a chance to own it I for one would be happy
to buy it for ps4 its well worth the money trust me

Willofthewarrior 20 October, 2015 @ 17:49

Will Tales From the Borderlands be out at midnight?

48.1

Probably more like 11am tomorrow. That’s what time the store usually updates for me.

Willofthewarrior 21 October, 2015 @ 00:20
48.2

Twas up at midnight, good work Sony

Willofthewarrior 21 October, 2015 @ 00:21
48.3

It seems the store updates around 20 minutes past midnight

whys the store not been updated yet

@willof the warrior hope so as its the only game i been lookin forword to all day

Load all

We close the comments for posts after 30 days.

Edit history