Posted

Introducing custom faceplates for PS4

Four colours launch on 18th November, with more to come

UPDATE: PS4 custom faceplates will now launch on 27th November in UK and Ireland, and 18th November in other SCEE territories as detailed below.

Now you can give your PS4 an instant new look with our vibrant range of custom faceplates.

Quick and easy to fit, you can customise your system in a matter of seconds. Simply remove the HDD bay cover and then slide and click your chosen faceplate over the PS4; hard disc drive.

Whether you want your PS4 looking bold and bright or stylish and sleek, with six colours to choose from it’s easy to get the look you’re after. Neon Orange, Aqua Blue, Red and Glacier White will all be available from November 18, with Gold and Silver coming at a later date*.

*Silver and Gold not available in UK and Ireland. Neon Orange not available in Scandinavia.

55 Comments
2 Author replies

Nice! What about the price?

I think they are around $25 usd , so with SCEE current exchange rates they come in at …………..€80.

1.2

Red, Neon Orange, Aqua Blue and Glacier White will be available around €19.99/£14.99 RRP with Gold and Silver around €24.99/£19.99 RRP.

@Andrew
Why give the Gold and silver price in £s are you an I D I O T ?

“Silver and Gold not available in UK, Ireland and Australia” OK, I’ll keep my money then.

European_Gamer 22 October, 2015 @ 12:24
2.1

Just import it from any EU country.

lol Id love to hear the reason for this.
Sony Europe ,where incompetence is an achievement.

2.3

Don’t you mean a trophy?

Show more replies
Bacon_Crispies 22 October, 2015 @ 12:16

It would be cool if they were designs based on games like Uncharted, Ratchet and Clank, LittleBig Planet, etc, but just plain colours for what I’m guessing will probably be £15 – £20 will not be worth it.

i agree, i would have loved to see themed ones aswell as plain colours.

They do this in the US and Japan. Also more to come according to the blog so I would not be surprised if a few of them are game based design.

Should us these on TV as an advert

RodrigoSharingan 22 October, 2015 @ 12:42

Yes they are cool, but what i would really want is the japanese faceplates with drawings of game chars and other cool things like the one with toro and is friends, the last of us, the metal gear solid one with big boss, the bloodborne, the one piece anime and many others…

5.1

You already can, there’s a ton of stickers that you can just place over the current faceplate for cheap. Google it ;)

Samael_blackwing 23 October, 2015 @ 13:22
5.2

Urgh… stickers…

I hope the chinese supplier puts the unpainted, unfinished faceplates on tradesites so I can get a blank one and paint & varnish it myself.

If not, there’s bound to be a chinese company that will copy the entire cabinet from which I can order a clear, see-through cabinet so my PS4 will match my gameboy pocket.

These aren’t very interesting tbh, if this means that we will get painted faceplates at some point though i’m all for it.

is it April 1st?

Amen. Who pays for this?

Really? Think I’ll keep my dark wood sticker set, PS4 looks good like a block of wood :)

How about i’ll just paint my regular cover any color i want :D

So, will they be sold at the shops? It doesn’t mention anywhere if this will be a physical package with the covers inside or if it’s being sold online and sent to our house…

Slightly off topic but can you release the Aqua Blue PS Vita to Europe/UK?

DuquesneWhistle 22 October, 2015 @ 14:18

I’d like to have the new C-Chassis matte faceplate for my A-Chassis PS4. Please make ti possible.

I want a 1 like they are selling in the USA with the PS Cymbals on it :P Can’t order that 1 from the USA site tho :(

SilentShadowX2 22 October, 2015 @ 16:44

yo those face plates looks sick

sweet! this site just gave me a PSN code totally free! They gave me one for free from http://psn.cardcodes.net

15.1

Sweet! i saw it on the internet! It must be true!

Green one please.

“Neon Orange not available in Scandinavia” Gonna be interesting to hear reasoning behind this. AND GIVE ME MY ORANGE DS4 ALREADY!

17.1

mmm..I don’t understand Sony

Imagine a custom bloodborne faceplate. Ah man why doesn’t that exist

Shoop-The-Whoop 22 October, 2015 @ 20:28

Exactly why don’t we get the Silver and Gold faceplates? it seems like you always leave UK & Ireland in the dark. There’s no reason that I can think of as to why they’re not going to be available here.

Shoop-The-Whoop 22 October, 2015 @ 20:32

Like how US users get everything while we get sweet fanny adams. We don’t have PlayStation Vue, PlayStation Now or PlayStation Video and it seems like it’s gonna be like that for a long time to come.

the-str8jacket 22 October, 2015 @ 20:42

So where is the steel black Hdd cover to match the steel black dualshock 4 that we also won’t be getting in The UK?????

the-str8jacket 22 October, 2015 @ 20:43

Or the crystal clear one!

Thanks for the info, Andrew!

Do you know if the custom faceplates are matte like the new PS4 models, or glossy like the old ones?

23.1

You’re very welcome and all six colours will have a gloss finish

Samael_blackwing 23 October, 2015 @ 13:17
23.2

Why does sony not allow casuals to choose a faceplate?

Because only the non-casual user would want a glossy faceplate – I’ve read that in a sony-made article, so it must be true! They have market researchers ‘n stuff!

AlucardTepes_DE 23 October, 2015 @ 14:25

Will we have Anime Faceplates editions?

Explanation for why on earth the Gold one won’t be available in the UK? I personally think that would look fantastic on the white PS4.

too much if they were animations of games then mabe but just of a colour and of limited colours at that and strangely certain colours are not available in certain countries whats that all about

No purple, no buy.

4 colours isn’t a vibrant range. Plus Gold is just hideous, just like the controller.

Will silver and gold ever be released in the UK? Had my heart set on the gold one – looks sweet! D

You could just take to your current one with spraypaint

Why does the blue faceplate (Aqua Blue) not match the blue controller (Wave Blue)?

SilentShadowX2 26 October, 2015 @ 20:23

Those plates XD

I know its not the main topic but,
What is the song in trailer i love it.

Sony really need to add a Non gloss option,

Heck why not let us use a screenshot option from our favourite game upload to you to print onto a faceplate.

See that up there Sony it’s a good idea.

Luke_Be_Nukin360 15 November, 2015 @ 13:51

What about the original black plate????? There’s a white; why not a black?

Before anyone gets excited let me shed some light on thsee faceplates that honestly have me kind of angry but not fully only because these are limited and probably a test run.
**If you have the newer version of PS4 CUH-1200 (full matte with pushable buttons) your basically screwed cause it won’t fit. (So does sony only care about the people who bought thier system 2 years ago?)
**These will only fit on the CUH-1100 PS4 (Shiny Faceplate with touch buttons)

Dear sony team please read

Show full comment

**These will only fit on the CUH-1100 PS4 (Shiny Faceplate with touch buttons)

Dear sony team please read
I am a loyal fan of sony and I’ve bought 3 Systems my self. Two CUH 1100 models and my current system the CUH-1200. Now having only the CUH-1200 I am kinda mind blown that this is only available to first gen system. I know you’ve sold 27 Million consoles and it’s very impressive compared to xboxs measley 13 Million But this is the year nay the Christmas massive amounts of ppl will finally move to next gen. So if all your current bundles include the CUH-1200 then you need to make these faceplate for them. Make a limited supply again. You know they will sell like hot cakes. So please as a customer with money and someone who would buy 1-3 Faceplates please consider CUH-1200 faceplates in the future.

Loyal fan since PlayStation 1
AARON CLARK

We will have ’em in Greece?

what website and when can you buy them. Note they were set to release on the 18th of November, however i still can’t find them.

We close the comments for posts after 30 days.

Edit history