Posted

DRIVECLUB BIKES announced at Paris Games Week, available now on PS Store!

Evolution Studios breaks out the superbikes in new standalone game

Keeping our superbike obsession a secret has been really hard! Normally we prefer to keep you up to speed with how DRIVECLUB is always evolving around you, but we also like to surprise you every now and then too. When better to do that than during one of the biggest games shows in the world!?

We’ve been pouring our hearts into the ongoing development of DRIVECLUB over the past year and BIKES is a standalone expansion to the DRIVECLUB universe. Before I go into the details though let’s first check out the new trailer shown at Paris Games Week:

We’re massive racing fans at Evolution and we love the challenge and the thrill of superbike racing, but we’ve always wanted to make them more approachable and fun, whilst still retaining the depth of control and authenticity you’d expect from us. With DRIVECLUB BIKES we think we’ve accomplished that, so that everyone can enjoy riding these breath-taking superbikes.

The incredible speed and superb agility of high-performance superbikes offers a completely new way to race, and as always with DRIVECLUB, there’s a lot to play for, whether you ride offline or online with your club.

12 of the world’s best superbikes: Featuring bikes from top manufacturers including Yamaha, Ducati, Kawasaki, Honda, BMW and more.

• Full BIKES Tour campaign: We’ve designed a new game mode and loads of events to help you get to grips with bikes and ultimately challenge you to master every superbike in the game.
  • Unlimited Challenges: Create and compete in new challenges to show off and test your speed, agility and skills with bikes.
  • Personalised events: Create your own events on any track, in any mode, at any time and with near limitless weather conditions.
  • Multiplayer racing: Take advantage of the extra space on every track with opportunities to overtake on every corner in heated wheel to wheel action.
  • Customisation: Personalize your bikes and your rider, including paint jobs, rider leathers and custom helmets.
  • Clubs: Everything you do in DRIVECLUB BIKES contributes to the success of your Club, unlocking new rewards, accolades, customisation and challenges.

Driveclub Bikes, Image 03

There’s a lot to play for and there’s even a second Platinum Trophy to chase down, which means that DRIVECLUB now features more trophies to unlock than any other PlayStation game in history!

We’ll have more news on the upcoming updates next week but in the meantime come ride with us! You can buy DRIVECLUB BIKES starting today from PlayStation Store as a standalone game for £15.99/€19.99. If you’re already a DRIVECLUB member, you can add on DRIVECLUB BIKES at a discount for £11.99/€14.99.

We can’t wait to see your #PS4share Photo Mode pics of DRIVECLUB BIKES! Check out the very first pics from some of the most prolific DRIVECLUB photomode players who have got their hands on the game already.

Driveclub Bikes, Image 02Driveclub Bikes, Image 04
Driveclub Bikes, Image 01Driveclub Bikes, Image 05
Driveclub Bikes, Image 06Driveclub Bikes, Image 07
Driveclub Bikes, Image 08Driveclub Bikes, Image 09
35 Comments
0 Author replies

Oh Jesus. There goes my free time.

CyberConquerer7 27 October, 2015 @ 18:16

I thought this game was brilliant enough in its current state… This brings another level to racing games. If I were with you guys I would give you a really big pat on the back.

So if you buy the standalone without owning driveclub do you get access to all the tracks from the game? If so that £2 discount for buying driveclub and its season pass isn’t looking too generous. Will be buying anyway though, loved every second of driveclub.

It’s a stand alone title if you don’t own DriveClub so you get all the tracks, but just get to race the bikes on them!

So where is it? dont see it on the store

i cant find it on the store

supersmith2500 27 October, 2015 @ 19:15

Emm, it says £15.99 not £14.99 and I still get charged full price even when I have the full copy of DRIVECLUB.

I-Am-Goat-Boy 27 October, 2015 @ 21:33
6.1

It comes up at £11.99 if you go to the store through the game.

MurcielagoLP92 27 October, 2015 @ 19:19

Would be perfect if it would be even cheaper or free for season pass ownetw

7.1

£11.99 not a bad price though

MurcielagoLP92 27 October, 2015 @ 20:44
7.2

*owners

warensembler83 27 October, 2015 @ 23:07
7.3

It should be free for people that preordered the game and weren’t able to play it for a long time.

To the people who can’t find it or get the wrong price, you want driveclub bikes – expansion. That’s the version for people who own driveclub

It’s live and £11.99 for existing owners :)

Might pick this up now or at a discounted price eventually. I think it’s a game that needs to be played in first person, but I suck at it that way. For bikes, however, I probably prefer third person by default so I might enjoy this more than the normal game. Also, bikes are cooler than cars :p

ziggy-mandias 27 October, 2015 @ 19:45

WoW outstanding discount!!

How about help people like me who’s full version of drive club downgraded to the PS plus edition, even though in my purchase list its the full game I bought in april at the sane time as the season pass, psn customer service are shocking they don’t even known what day it is never mind help me

DeathWhisperer7 27 October, 2015 @ 20:58

Yea it’s $20.50 as an expansion and $27 for standalone in Saudi PS store why we have to pay higher prices for every thing >.< it's not fair…

EternalWolf86 27 October, 2015 @ 21:16

It wont let me download the Expansion, says it’s “unavailable”, will only let me purchase the standalone version. Is the expansion not available to people who bought the disc version, which I have? I really dont want to have a standalone copy of Bikes when it’s playable, or at least should be playable, from Driveclub and forcing me tp switch back and forth between games is kinda ridiculous…

14.1

I’d like to confirm this too before buying a disc version of the game. Did you try going to the store from within the game as mentioned above?

warensembler83 27 October, 2015 @ 23:06

Show full comment

I don’t like to be negative here because there are too many self-entitled users, but anyway my 2 cents: This should be free for people that pre-ordered the game. This 5€ discount doesn’t really look like a benefit after our experience with DRIVECLUB. I know that you’re a gaming company and you’re supposed to make money out of your releases. However, I’m a worker too, and I spent a chunk of my salary in buying your game, because it looked amazing. In fact, it was amazing… when you were able to play it. I couldn’t really play it for like a month (officially it was after a week or two, but that wasn’t the case, at least in EU, because the servers were broken all the time), and when it worked, everyone I knew had abandoned all hope for it, so we moved on after having played the solo campaign. So, even if the bikes look great, I still feel betrayed as a customer. A similar thing happened last year with AC: Unity: I love the franchise, but I’m not going to buy any of their games in a foreseeable future after feeling ripped off with a game that didn’t work properly and the frustration experience that I bought in exchange for my hardly earned money. I’m sorry for the rant, but I felt like telling you this after I saw the announcement.

rafaelmendes23 28 October, 2015 @ 18:58
15.1

When you bought the game, were you buying a racing car game, or a hybrid with motos included?
Unless you can see the future, I’m guessing you bought a car game, and you knew well that. So, why are you asking this specific DLC for free?

The only thing you can complain about, is the fact that the game was broken on release. And in that, I tottaly support you.

I too think early buyers should have been compensated with some free stuff, but not with this one.

Is there a plan to eventually add 600cc Supersports, naked bikes and the like? Even some entry level 250-300cc sport bikes would be nice… It’s a huge jump to start on a 1,000cc monster right now from the getgo

To anyone who owns the full version of Drive Club and is only getting the stand alone version of Bikes show up in store (like I did) download the update 1.23 and the add on will show up.

OK! I love Driveclub, play it most days… I’m just not a fan of superbikes!

Driveclub reminds me of ridge racer. In other words a very unrealistic dull arcade racing game. Can’t imagine it would be any better with bikes.

19.1

And your GOTY is Rocket League.

Fun times.

19.2

Oh look, here’s another opinion based on a single race. You did not even manage driver lvl 2.. Big Brother PSNProfiles.com see’s it all!

I guess it is the BIKES add-on is responsible for the 12GB+ download that I was just forced to install, only to find that the new content – other than the new intro movie – is then subject to what is presumably an unlock purchase from the store.

Taking up 2% of my storage for significant new content that I have not requested and do not want is bad form.

In the UK the Unsolicted Goods Act could potentially provide the basis for demanding the removal of the content or making it accessible at no charge. Here in NZ I guess we just have to accept that the content providers can consume our storage and hold it to ransom in this way.

The flip side for the content provider is that this makes me disinclined to want to have anything to do with that provider EVER again.

Bad form DRIVECLUB. VERY bad form.

I expect Evolution to provide a way for me to REMOVE this content that I DID NOT ASK FOR and DO NOT WANT.

20.1

It’s not. It is added to the total 12 GB game content. You do not download 12 GB, only the few bits and bytes that are added. Most Driveclub updates aren’t bigger than 500mb’s.

20.2

To be clear, yes, it says 12GB, but the download starts at 11 and something GB.

There was no 12gb downloaded. My console was without internet for a week, upon launching it downloaded maybe 1gb even tho it showed it had downloaded 10 out of 11gb.

ManikwithaNine 29 October, 2015 @ 19:44

I thought this was gonna be free. I would have sold driveclub a long time ago but it ain’t even worth anything

We close the comments for posts after 30 days.

Edit history