Posted

PlayStation Plus in November: The Walking Dead Season 2, Magicka 2, more

Beyond Good and Evil, Mass Effect 2, Dragon Fin Soup, inviZimals also inbound

Hello fellow Gamers! In the spirit of Halloween we’re bringing you the spooks with November’s line-up of spooktacular (see what I did there?… okay, I’ll stop) monthly games.

Here’s what you can get your hands on come 3rd November:

The Walking Dead Season 2

This title needs little introduction; it’s Season 2 of the critically-acclaimed Walking Dead series from the masters of episodic adventures, Telltale Games. Season 2 continues the story of Clementine, a young survivor in a world gone to hell. The dead have risen to feast on the living, and the living cannot be trusted. You will be tested by situations and dilemmas that will test your morals and your instinct for survival.

Magicka 2

Dressing up as a wizard this Halloween? Why not become one with the world’s most irreverent co-op action adventure, Magicka 2. Experience a Midgård almost wiped free of Wizards after the Wizard Wars. Up to four Wizards and their guild Vlad can rid the world of evil, armed with a dynamic spellcasting system.

Be careful not to fall too deeply under the spell of Magicka 2, or be consumed by your choices in The Walking Dead Season 2, as there are still more games to play if you own a PS3 or PS Vita.

The stellar action RPG sequel Mass Effect 2 (PS3), award winning action adventure Beyond Good and Evil (PS3), fast-paced tactical RPG Dragon Fin Soup (PS4, PS3 and PS Vita) and animal battle adventure InviZimals (PS Vita).

Last chance!

These titles are leaving PlayStation Plus on 3rd November, so be sure to add them to your download list now so you don’t miss out!

Community

Are you passionate about PlayStation Plus? Then why not join the conversations in our dedicated forum.

Congratulations go to our PlayStation Plus October Champion:

SanaitoDecemNoc, the first ever person to get the Super Meat Boy platinum achievement during our Super Meat Boy Challenge.

Do you have what it takes to be number one? Take part in our upcoming tournaments and challenges via the community forum.

Introducing the Topic of the Month: You’re in a zombie apocalypse; your only item for survival is the weapon you were using in the last game you played? Sound off in the comments section below.

Not a PlayStation Plus member? The fun awaits you from just £5.49/€6.99 per month. For more information, visit our PlayStation Plus site here.

Remember, if you’ve not got access to your PS4, PS3 or PS Vita then you can also buy through our online store.

301 Comments
0 Author replies
zalwelgoedgaan 30 October, 2015 @ 16:31

Do you like this? Vote only yes or no.

Not the worst line up we have had but seriously Sony, isn’t it time to put out a AAA title to the PS4 users. This was the 2 year launch anniversary, you could have managed something better than this.

Why would they? This is November, CoD BOps3 + SW Battlefront, we all know that those two games will sell alot for the ps4 and they’re multiplayer focused… You know what is required for online multiplayer? That’s right, PS+, they don’t need to cater their audience when they have the upper hand.

Now let’s take a trip to Japan… You know what isn’t selling well (compared to other regions)? PS4! You know what will they get this month? Thief 4. Now, mind you that i’m not interested in that title but i find it funny how they get AAA titles and we don’t, if i remember correctly they also got Killzone SF and Guilty Gear XRD (not sure if they got more than that, perhaps Knack on release).

Kind of funny if we stop for a moment and start thinking about how people cheered (me included) for Sony when they were actually being [DELETED]…

“OUR CONSOLE IS DRM FREE!!! (but now you have to pay to play online)”

“WE WELCOME THE INDIE DEV SCENE TO OUR CONSOLE (so that we can use some of the titles on plus...

Show full comment

“OUR CONSOLE IS DRM FREE!!! (but now you have to pay to play online)”

“WE WELCOME THE INDIE DEV SCENE TO OUR CONSOLE (so that we can use some of the titles on plus)”

Uh…

aaron_bush_96 30 October, 2015 @ 17:35
2.2

yeah, get EA to bring out BattleFront 2 remaster or ps2 port, for ps4/ps3/psvita and make it free for psplus. and $25 on store

@CyraxPT

We need Plus for Online so we have to renew it and that’s the reason for them not to give us better RENTED games?

There’s people who bought a PS4 for exclusives, like me, i play on PC, my Plus expires in November, i don’t play Online on the PS4, i play on it for singleplayer only, exception was Destiny, but only got to level 14 before i got bored, and i’m not renewing the sub in November not worth it for me, and i’m sure there’s a lot of people with multi platforms that feel the same, from what i’ve read the past months not even a good amount of fanboys are happy.

Shoving indies all the time down people throats isn’t very appealing especially for long time Plus subs, then there’s the part we do not own the games of Plus (Plus discounts are nice tho), they’re rented, Plus ends then you can’t play those games.

Show more replies

Nice! really nice! Loved the first Walking Dead Season and hadn’t got round to second one yet so perfect for me. Also my friends have been bugging me for a while to pick up Magicka 2 which is great and looking froward to trying Dragon Fin Soup! Good work

I like this month, but can you please tell us why Season 2 and not 1 ?

4.1

Its really simple actually giving us season two instead of one will compel a lot of people to buy season one first so as to properly enjoy the game..Its business tactics..

4.2

It’s quite smart, actually. People like you and me who don’t have the 1st season are now more likely to buy it. Considering its quite cheap (and often on sale) it’s not a bad deal.

Probably because everyone and their grandmothers already played it. Hell, it was even on an HB.
I *strongly* recommend you to play the first one first,for continuity and also because it’s flat out better.

Show more replies

Quite a good lineup for me. Looking forward to next week

So, who is happy with this line up? Like one of the comments below to show your feelings towards this line up. (Yes or No)

6.1

6.2

6.3

Sorry, we already have a poll for this, disregard and vote at the top of the page.

This is actually quite an awful month! You guys really need to step it up! Give us some retail games. November is supposed to be a big month, this feels more like a July!

Nightmareofkaito 30 October, 2015 @ 21:04
7.1

You do realise the walking dead season 2 is a retail game.

7.2

Yea, a **** one.

TitanHunter143 01 November, 2015 @ 16:32
7.3

You clearly didn’t see the PS+ options for last month did you because this is clearly a step up from Broken Age and Meat Boy.

Show more replies

PlayStation Plus: The Phantom Games

Wait, Invizimals for PSP? Seriously? And Mass Effect 2?

Still looking forward on Magicka 2 and Dragon Fin Soup.

9.1

A PSP title? Come on!

X_Blood_Curse_X 30 October, 2015 @ 16:40
9.2

Surely ir’s the Vita one? The Vita had a couple of invizimals games I thinl

I’m all for PSP games on PS+ for PSV, but really, could’ve picked 100 better games than Invizimals. :/

Show more replies

Amazing games, keep the good works up :)
I really would like to play mass effect 2 and twd season 2, but need to play the first one. :/

10.1

I have yet had time to play the sequels we just got, but i can very highly recommend Mass Effect 1 as long as you enjoy rpgs, the story is great and its a fun game.

And TWD 1 you have to pretty much play no matter what you enjoy, its story is amazing and the choices you make actually affect the game which both makes them feel important and often plays with your feelings in the best way.

toxic-inferno 31 October, 2015 @ 09:28
10.2

I massively recommend playing Mass Effect 1 first.

I started trying to pay ME2 a few years back before the original Mass Effect was released for PlayStation. Simply couldn’t get into the story or the characters. I found the entire experience incredibly dull. Then I finally played the first Mass Effect when it came out, and loved the series! It’s now right up there as one of my favourite game series.

So if you can afford it, go and get Mass Effect 1 first. It’s good value for money, as each game in the series takes around 40 hours to complete.

JediKnight246 31 October, 2015 @ 15:42
10.3

Like toxic-inferno I would recommend Mass Effect 1 first (TWD S2 also benefits a lot from S1) For people new to the series on PS3 it’s a good time to start. I remember having to start with Mass Effect 2 and miss out on the story from the first game because ME1 wasn’t on PS3 back then. That interactive comic is nice but it misses out 80% of the game.

Gamesgbkiller 30 October, 2015 @ 16:37

Vita titles are weak.

Guess it doesn’t have any more games left.

11.1

There’s still Tearaway or Persona 4. They’ll probably won’t ever give them away though.

11.2

Dragon Fin Soup looks amazing

Tearaway possibly…Persona 4 Golden probably not. They won’t even give it away before Persona 5 release to boost sales of 5 as they won’t have to

Show more replies
NorthernFusion 30 October, 2015 @ 16:38

Dragon Fin Soup, nice.

The PS4 selection is pretty good, pity I have own both of them but I’m glad more people will get to play Magicka 2.

Surely it would be nice to know which Invizimals game is going to be free? The alliance or The Resistance? Though I think I already know.

imho worst month of ps+
better spend money in humblebundle

Nightmareofkaito 30 October, 2015 @ 21:33
14.1

Have you seen what Xbox are getting this month pnemua breath of life(a first person boring indie puzzle game), knight squad ( a poor man’s bomberman), dungeon siege 3 ( a poor mans dungeon siege) and dirt 3 ( a poor man’s dirt 2. Vs What your getting walking dead season 2 ( a great story based visual novel), magika 2 ( which looks fun but I’m reserving judgement), dragon fin soup (rainbow moon on the disk world need now), mass effect 2 (the best in the mass effect series) and beyond good and evil ( a great game) how can you whine about that line up. On wait invizimals is so blam its not even funny. But compared to recent months this is epic.

@Nightmareofkaito

whats xbox got to do with what he said?

just because their games suck this month does not stop someone from thinking these games kinda suck

@Nightmareofkaito

Dirt 3 on Xbox beats every single game for PS Plus this month.

Awesome, looking forward to Dragon Fin Soup!

why didn’t we get the walking dead season 2 on vita?

16.1

Because it runs terribly on Vita.

yup i have the plat on vita and its a shocking version of the game

mass effect 2….
next year mass effect 1

ME1 actually came out after ME2 on PS3 so technically ME1 is a “newer” game

17.2

he probably means that the old “no prequels to previous PS+ titles as new titles” policy is no longer valid. like the old Metacritic one. remember what they did with Batman Arkham City and Asylum.

i wonder if they’ll ever offer Uncharted 2 for PS3 at this point. LOL.

Finally one game that is not indie crap.First since MG Ground Zeroes,bug still no big games.I rememver when there where games like AC3,FC3,Tomb Raider anf all otger great AAA games…

Much better, but still not good enough to make me reconsider about resubscribing.

Interesting that Chris didn’t post this news. But Otisha Sealy put even less effort into introducing the games. It’s incredible how, step by step, every aspect about Plus has been reduced to the very basics.

plus sucks im not renewing in 2019 when my sub ends :D

Quite happy with this month, glad to finally see some love to the PS3 after a barren few months. I like the selection of a PSP game as well, I’d much rather decent PSP games be given for vita than trashy indies, please continue this.

game from psp… hoping for minis next time…

Actually we use to get Mini’s with plus as well as a psx game. Seriously go back and check out plus 2010-2011. They gave us Astro Tripper as the lead one month.

Yakiro_Matsui 30 October, 2015 @ 16:44

Great games :D Thank You!!!

I backed Dragon Fin Soup on Kickstarter, so i am looking forward to it, but the invizimals game can you clarify which version is it? There is Invizimals Alliance on the vita.

The original Invizimals game? C’mon, guys. You really couldn’t put up The Alliance or The Revolution? A six year old PSP game that has numerous sequels, even on its succeeding platform, isn’t exactly hot stuff.

Wow this is the worst month yet! Explain why we pay for plus and what you lot were actually finalising for the delay in the announcement. This is just getting worse and worse

25.1

I didn’t realise one of the games is a psp game…. It will be invisible to me because I won’t even be adding it to my download list

This is actually decent for a change. TWD1 is an amazing game, don’t write it off so soon like I once did, it turned out to be one of the best games that year.

It would have been better if TWD2 was cross buy. Magical and dragon fin soup look interesting. I’ll try them.

ummagummachild 30 October, 2015 @ 16:45

A PSP game for vita, that is the lowest of the low

X_Blood_Curse_X 30 October, 2015 @ 16:45

Pretty lame imo. The walking dead has been on sale a thousand times, i’ve seen beyond and evil for £2 before on the store, dragon fin soup looks cheap, giving us Mass effect 2 like 3 years after mass effect 3 is stupid and I don’t even know what to say if Invizimals is a Vita game.

Invest some of the money back into the service Sony for gods sake

X_Blood_Curse_X 30 October, 2015 @ 16:46
28.1

If invizimals is a PSP game*

YEs its the psp game

Carnivius_Prime 30 October, 2015 @ 16:46

Beyond Good & Evil would be the only game that interests me but I bought that on release day (I got a lil excited there that it was a PS4 version but alas no). Really don’t like Walking Dead or Telltale games stuff since the rather fun Back to the Future. Ah well. No big deal. Still renewing my Plus yearly sub this in mid November anyways for all the other bargains and features. :)

Really happy with this month. I was genuinely going to buy Magicka 2 as some point once I had finished off a few titles. Walking Dead Season 2 I have all ready played and completed. But since you need this to play the new DLC (not yet released) then am happy with it.

Dragon Fin Soup seems really interesting. Mass Effect 2 and Beyond Good and Evil is very good for PS3 players. Not sure why we got the PSP version instead of the Vita version of Invizimals but ok am fine with it.

One of the best months this year. Am glad we are getting these. Asia got Thief (one of these AAA titles people seem desperate for). Are people series when they want AAA titles like Thief that reviewed poorly instead of decent indie titles like Walking Dead and Magicka 2?

Yes, no matter how bad it is, some people just want AAA games. Which to me personally would be a waste of a spot ‘cos, you know, I -buy- the AAAs I want, and if I didn’t buy them 2 years after release it’s probably because I don’t wanna play them.

Still, everyone has the right to complain, no matter how petty that seems.

I’m just sad when people spit on indie games, shows very little respect

30.2

Telltale and Paradox are mid sized studios, they aren’t really what people associate with “indie”

30.3

Could not agree more!

Its a freaking nice month with so many cool games.

I really dont care if we get indie or AAA titles, they can all be fun. In this case im sure both will be better than Thief.

I bought Thief on release as im the biggest Thief fan from back in the day. Unfortunately it turned out to be a huge step down from the first games. Its okish at best, shame i had really hoped it would (Although i feared) it would turn out great and introduce a lot of people to one of the best stealth games series in a good way.

A load of rubbish like usual

31.1

… and how’s that funny?

What is the point giving SECOND games like TWD Season 2…. Magicka 2…. Mass effect (again) 2.

32.1

To make people buy the original titles of the games.

Magicka 1 was never on consoles

Sniper_at_w0rk 30 October, 2015 @ 17:57
32.3

Want to know something funny? Mass Effect 3 was part of Plus on 6 march 2013 XD

Show more replies

This is pathetic, I rarely comment on the blog but I had to sign in to express my disappointment. This is very poor.

very cool lineup, nice going Plus guys :). some big games, some new games, some indies and some classics – theres something for everyone in there hopefully 8).

DarkArchoNx66 30 October, 2015 @ 16:52

I would be furious right now if I had an active subscription haha. I’ve only bought twd season 2 recently (this week on a sale) and Mass Effect 2 however awesome it is, it’s still very very old. Anyone who hasn’t played ME2 should really give it a try. I have the game both on 360 and ps3 (the whole trilogy) and played it more than 20 times. You should seriously play the whole trilogy even though 3 sucks xD. All things considered, it’s not a good month though, but luckily 8 months ago I made a decision I haven’t regretted once since hehe.

December and January are the big months, as they are around the time subs will lapse after last Christmas – so I’m hoping for even better next time. Don’t disappoint please Sony. You’ve got to spend that new found profit somewhere.

So we waited extra long…and still crap.
Actualy MS is doing much better with their Xbox One line-up.

37.1

Have you seen November line up on XB1? Don’t get me wrong Dirt 3 for 360 is decent. But Dungeon Siege 3? Really you can get that for £2.50. Pneuma that didn’t review all that good.

37.2

ps plus isn’t what it used to be but lets not exaggerate

games for gold has always been gutter trash

No matter what people might think, Games for Gold is actually a very good service, pretty much on par with ps+, and it’s been like that for quite some time.
There is only one problem with it: you have to own an Xbone.

No thanks.

supersmith2500 30 October, 2015 @ 16:55

Which Invizimals? Alliance or Resistance?

38.1

A PSP one

38.2

The PSP one, if you click on the link it brings you to the PSP version on the store, absolute joke.

The PSP one, Confirmed via Twitter

TWD and Beyond Good and Evil for me this month (I already have ME2), thanks!

DoYouLikeMyID 30 October, 2015 @ 16:58

Guess I’ll break down my personal thoughts on each game.

1. I already own TWD: S2 on PS3, so I don’t really care about that. But good for those few people who have played S1 but not S2 I guess…

2. I’m not that into Co-op games, so I’m not exactly that excited about Magicka 2.

3. Dragon Fin Soup doesn’t look too interesting to me, but I think I’ll give it a try. Maybe I’ll be pleasantly surprised.

4. I have played Mass Effect 3, and I wasn’t that into it, so I doubt I’ll be that into Mass Effect 2. Especially since I already know the ending(s) to the trilogy, and this would be moving backwards in the story… I’ll probably never get around to playing it to be honest…

5. I tried the demo for Beyond Good and Evil, and even though I’ve heard a lot of people love the game, I personally found the gameplay just awful and boring. I might give it a second chance, or I may not bother at all. I guess time will tell…

Show full comment

Guess I’ll break down my personal thoughts on each game.

6. As for Invizimals… Couldn’t it at least have been the Vita game instead of the PSP game?! That’s all I have to say about that…

So yeah… Not to crazy about this month. :/ Especially on the PS4 side of things. Suffice it to say, I’m hoping for a better december.

Mass Effect 2 was a far superior game than Mass Effect 3

40.2

ME2 is best from trilogy. And it’s really a lot of fun. I started with ME with second part and still played first several times. There is no bad order how to play Mass Effect trust me :)

I played the first 2 on the 360 and then played ME2 on PS3..for some strange reason the insanity run on PS3 was far easier than when I played it on 360.

ME1 is a bit rough the trips to mine on the planet in that vehicle weren’t great, the hacking was a bit meh but ME2…the opening was intense and I guess people who hadn’t played ME1 didn’t have the emotional reaction when collecting the tags.

ME3…after spending ME2 flirting with the comms woman (in order for her to feed your fish) was the most ridiculous moment ever when she pulled the fish from ME2 out of her pocket to give to you in ME3

Not a vampire, not a vampire, I’m a vampire, no a manpire, I’m a vampire.

I wonder how many of the readers here got that reference.

And I also wonder why Paradox put Magicka 2 on Plus (so soon). Was multiplayer dead?

41.2

Haha the whole point was for only those that understood, I was going to get this game recently but wasn’t sure if multiplayer was still alive, I guess it is now after going on PS+

So, if you helped Kickstart Dragon Fin Soup, you’re getting no Vita games this month? Charming!

Really excited for Magicka 2 :) – already own walking dead 2 :(

spec ops the line
kingdoms of amalur
assassins creed 3
far cry 3
borderlands 2
metal gear rising

these are the types of games we would get ALONGSIDE indie titles and it was what made ps+ worth subscribing to voluntarily. As someone who likes to play online i dont have much choice in subscribing to ps+ which wouldn’t be a problem if the quality remained as high as it used to be.

but it hasn’t.

aside from a couple of ps3 titles nothing we had this year could be considered of the quality of those titles i listed above.

On a positive note at least there is a degree of variety in this months offerings.

Show full comment

kingdoms of amalur
assassins creed 3
far cry 3
borderlands 2
metal gear rising

but it hasn’t.

Yea that’s a selection of “PS3” games from 2013, not PS4 games! At that point the PS3 was 7 years old!! And oh look Mass Effect 2 is one of the PS3 games this month, a nice AAA game on the PS3 just like the one’s from 2013…. Walking Dead Full Season 2 is a big release for ps plus and Magicka 2 is also a really good game if my friends are to be believed

Fanboys singing in the first year: The PS4 is too new, we can’t have AAAs yet.
Second year: The PS4 is too new, we can’t have AAAs yet.
Third year: The PS4 is too new, we can’t have AAAs yet.
Fourth year: The PS4 is too new, we can’t have AAAs yet.

Next generation: The PS4 is too new, we can’t have AAAs yet!

Good for you man, you can see into the future…

Show more replies

Muhahahaha !!!

Good month. Walking Dead Season 2, Magicka 2 and Beyond Good and Evil are all games I’ve been meaning to play.

First things first, credit where credit’s due, that’s quite a decent line-up for the first time in a while. Even though there’s not much for me to take advantage of considering I own TWD Season 2 on both PS3 and PS4 for some reason, it’s a good month for those with none of the games there. It’s also good to see a return to form for PS3 games. I know Mass Effect 2 is almost 5 years old on PS3 and now worth next to nothing and most people have played it, but it’s definitely a quality game and one of the best I’ve ever played. Easily the best in the franchise for me as well.

Show full comment

However, it would be nice to know the reason behind the fairly long delay in getting this announcement out to the people. Was there a last minute breakdown in negotiations or was it simply a case of leaving it too late with the negotiations. I’m sure a little heads up or official notification in future that there are complications and it’ll be delayed wouldn’t go amiss and would probably be highly appreciated, just so that people can know.

Overall though, a better quality month, but it remains to be seen whether December will be a standout month for PS4 considering it’ll have been 2 years since the release of the console and also the fact that it’s Christmas :D

So its already been 2 years and still no good games on PS plus for PS4?

48.1

Everyone is allowed a opinion. Your opinion is fine. My opinion is there has been a lot of “good games” for the PS4 via PS+.

48.2

No. Of course that’s if you don’t count:
Rocket League
Don’t Starve
Outlast
Trine 2
OlliOlli2
The Binding of Isaac: Rebirth
Resogun
Dust: an Elysian Tail
inFamous First Light
Oddworld: New N Tasty
Valiant Hearts
Transistor

If you ignore all of those games (and probably some I missed) there hasn’t been a single good PS+ game on PS4.

48.3

To be fair a bunch of those games were given away free because they were in humblebundles or heavily discounted during the same month. Rocket League is free for anyone that orders a Steam Controller.

Show more replies

The only bad thing about this month is that it reminded me that Ubisoft will never make a Beyond Good & Evil sequel. It hurts…

49.1

blame Michel Ancel not Ubisoft.

Not great but not all bad either.

The Walking Dead Season 2 – I wish it was for the Vita as I played season 1 on both my PS3 and Vita. Already played Season 2 on the PS3 but this is for PS4. :S Would it be possible to transfer my Vita save over to the PS4? I’m going to say no so it’s a bit disappointing for me.

Magicka 2 – No thanks. Is this meant to be a singing game? I don’t do singing.

Dragon Fin Soup – Will have to give the post of this a little read before I decide. ;)

Mass Effect 2 – Great game! Don’t have my copy anymore so will be great to jump back in again. This game and TWD alone make this a good-ish month

Beyond Good and Evil – Need to check this one out but I have a feeling I may not like it.

inviZimals – At first I was excited. Until I realised it’s not the Vita version so that makes this one disappointing. Not interested in PSP games but will try it out anyway, if I ever get the time.

Magicka 2 is not a singing game, it’s just a silly trailer

50.2

The invizimals thing is DISGRACEFUL especially as there is a vita sequel they could have given us instead.

50.3

I liked the trailer of Dragon Fin Soup. Looks like a good game. Out of all them 6 games, DFS will be the first I play.

@RTLF
Ah that’s good then. So the real game doesn’t have that silly sing along lyrics thing then? I guess it will be worth a try after all if that’s the case. If it had been a singing game then would been a big no for me.

@tired-hippo
I agree. Really hoped for the Vita version for a long time. Wanted to buy it but was told it didn’t have subtitles and a game with no subtitles is a game not worth buying in my books. Otherwise wouldn’t understand what’s going on. But still wanted to play it. I guess this psp game can be a taste of it to see what it’s like. Hope to see the Vita version appear at some point.

Show more replies
Load all

We close the comments for posts after 30 days.