Posted

Beyond: Two Souls releases digitally on PS4 26th November

And The Heavy Rain & Beyond: Two Souls Collection dated for 2nd March

After lots of hard work, I’m pleased to announce the release date for the digital release of Beyond: Two Souls on PlayStation 4. You’ll be able to download it from PlayStation Store on 26th November 2015!

We’re looking forward to giving players another chance to experience the story of Jodie Holmes (played – excellently – by Ellen Page), a young woman who possesses supernatural powers through her psychic link to an invisible entity, and whose life intertwines with the complex Dr. Dawkins (brought to life by the inimitable Willem Dafoe), on PS4.

The PS4 edition of the game features a number of improvements:

• Enhanced 1080p graphics including motion blur, bloom and depth of field effects, as well as improved lighting and shadows. The game also makes use of the DualShock 4 speaker to improve immersion when playing as the Entity
  • Decisions are highlighted at the end of each scene and compared with those made by other players
  • You can now play the game in chronological order right from the start – a much requested feature in the PS3 version!
  • Increased difficulty in a number of fight scenes, combined with improved controls for action sequences
  • Includes the “Enhanced Experiments” DLC in the base game

You will be able to buy the digital copy of Beyond: Two Souls for €29.99/£24.99 on 26th November. Take a look at the trailer above to get you in the mood.

We can also now confirm that The Heavy Rain and Beyond: Two Souls Collection, announced in June this year, will be available to buy at retail from 2nd March 2016 (or 4th March in the UK).

There’s no need to wait for the collection to start playing though. Those who purchase Beyond: Two Souls digitally will be entitled to download Heavy Rain on PlayStation 4 when it releases at a discount – ensuring that you don’t pay more for the two games separately than you would for the Collection.

Full details on the pricing of the The Heavy Rain and Beyond: Two Souls Collection will be announced nearer release – in the meantime, check out the screenshots below for a taste of what to expect:

Heavy Rain 2Heavy Rain 3Heavy Rain 1
Heavy Rain 4Heavy Rain 5Beyond 7
Beyond 3Beyond 1
Beyond 4Beyond 5Beyond 6

We really hope you enjoy revisiting these games or experiencing them for the first time if you missed them the first time around!

Did you enjoy this?

Comments

61 Comments 0 Author replies
Show oldest first

Would be nice if a discount was in any way possible for owners of either or both PS3 games. I liked Beyond but adding €30 on top of the €60 already spent is not likely to happen. (It did happen for me with GTA5, TLOU and Uncharted remasters but those are in a different league.)

MoFoMedia 19 November, 2015 @ 3:31 pm

You mean worse when it comes to graphics sound and story? 😉

chrisboers 19 November, 2015 @ 3:45 pm

You do realize that this game and Heavy Rain are both WAY better than any of the three games/collections you mention?

@chrisboers

lol what?

DragonxTortoise 19 November, 2015 @ 4:32 pm

What you smoking Chris lol. Have you even played any of the games which you talk of? ^^

SergioDaly 19 November, 2015 @ 4:55 pm

@Capzilla well i doubt this is aimed at people that already played this games. since i did enjoy heavy rain very much and never had a chance to play B:TS this is aimed at me like a sniper with a 40X scope aiming for the kisser

A discount? Heavy Rain was released only physically.

chrisboers 20 November, 2015 @ 12:09 pm

Yes of course I played all of them. GTA5 for an entire hour, before I returned it to its box. TLOU and Uncharted are great, but this is MUCH better.

tenshi_alpha 19 November, 2015 @ 3:15 pm   2

Ah, remember when Heavy Rain came out and people were complaining that the game makes it hard to replay and get all the trophies (as one might in a visual novel – for example – using a “skip” button to go through the story segments you’ve done before, or a navigable tree diagram like Virtue’s Last Reward), and David Cage came along and said he wanted players to experience the game ONCE. No more than that, he hated the idea of people replaying the game to see different routes, different options.

Fast forward to 2015 and here we are. “Replay the game! We made it super shiny!”

No. I will not be treated this way.

(Also… I don’t actually feel like replaying Heavy Rain anyway. I mean, it’s basically torture upon torture to go through all those trials…)

zalwelgoedgaan 19 November, 2015 @ 3:57 pm

Not only that, the head of the studio said he was against second hand games. So, you have to play Quantic Dream games ONCE (don’t get the platinum because if you do then you hate true art) and you CAN’T sell them and get some cash back because that’s evil. Meaning you have to keep their games on your shelf forever or instantly delete the downloaded file. I finished both Heavy Rain and Beyond and I had no incentive to play through them again because the lack of a skip function that you mentioned.

I was glad I could get some money back when I sold the games. Long live the second hand market.

Newsflash, EVERY developer in the world is against second hand games you ejit! The ones who say they aren’t are doing so to get favor. They get the same return on a second hand game as a pirated game.

Z-A-I-D-A-N 19 November, 2015 @ 3:20 pm   3

Great news, this game has been on my playlist for a very long time, but I’m glad that I waited for the PS4 version. Also, getting a discounted PS4 version of Heavy Rain is a superb deal. Thank you guys for bringing those amazing games to the PS4.
Any chance of getting a PS4 theme?

spacedelete2 19 November, 2015 @ 3:31 pm   4

its funny how you have to wait until March to replay Heavy Rain but you can buy the awful Beyond next week. Also why isn’t Fahrenheit remastered included as that was remastered on PC and even mobile but what about PS4?

Instead of “charging more for the two games seperately” and offering a discount so the game costs the same as it should in the first place, why not just charge the right price to begin with?

Am I missing something?

DoYouLikeMyID 19 November, 2015 @ 3:49 pm

It’s obviously because they want you to buy both games instead of just one. It’s a pretty normal business move, really 😛

Dont see any 60fps on here, which although i aint that bothered with modern games running 30fps due to technical restrictions, I think all remasters of ps3 games should be aimng for 60

ALPHA99yodo 19 November, 2015 @ 9:58 pm

How would these games benefit in any way from 60 fps. 60 fps is for action games and more frames are helpful in shooters. The game benefits in no way from getting 60 frames it would be a waste of resources. Movies don’t even go for 60 fps.

MaxDiehard 19 November, 2015 @ 10:18 pm

The Last of Us Remastered is 60fps. The cutscenes actually felt better at 60.

Too much for my liking. Sounds like the joint pack will be £40 though. I’ll wait for a sale.

I don’t think it’ll matter for this game tbh.

I’m glad they remade this one but i’m kinda hoping it stops here and devs focus on new stuff.

One more thing. Can you release the Beyond Avatar with it? Don’t know if it was a limited edition thing or not but I want it 🙂

Cheers.

alice_push_lara2 19 November, 2015 @ 3:57 pm   10

lol i am speechless to this greed

MaxDiehard 19 November, 2015 @ 10:19 pm

Then don’t buy it, duh.

on top of that they release the digital version first so they can charge extortionate prices on the PSN store, i want news on the retail release, we were supposed to get both games at retail and instead we are getting this, appalling.

Mojo__Man 19 November, 2015 @ 4:04 pm   11

Lol, so now we are being fed digital versions early to try and get uptake.

Ahh good for retail version. The European PSN has been such a mess so I actually shy away from touching anything digitally these days.

Heh, iOS, Android or MSFT isn’t PlayStations biggest enemy. Playstation itself is.
Please stop having a badly managed store. Heck just learn from Steam/GoG please.

Gog? In what way? Because i can tell you that between the mess that is their servers (during big releases/patchs) and their patch (good luck if the game recieves a patch on Thursday/Friday, they don’t do anything until Monday/Tuesday) i don’t see what they have to learn from them… Perhaps the drm free? Not gonna happen though…

CyraxPT, some year ago I bought a bunch of GOG games during a sale from a list, but had accidently not unchecked one of the games I didn’t want. I contacted the support and asked for a refund, and behold, they gave me one.

Sony never do refunds, ever. If you go to the European Playstation forums you see ever week a new thread from someone buying something by mistake and want a refund. But Sony won’t give them one, not even if they never download the game.

Helvetefaen 19 November, 2015 @ 4:33 pm   13

Great stuff, missed completely out on BTS the first round. Will pick it up digitally after I’m tired of Fallout 4, which should be around august 2018.

Pyro6171988 19 November, 2015 @ 4:39 pm   14

I can’t wait! I loved both of these games so much can’t wait to play them again!

smile_taisou 19 November, 2015 @ 4:40 pm   15

I’ll wait for retail version then, shame it got pushed to March. Oh well, I was more interested in Heavy Rain remaster anyway.

march? that is ridiculous! why has the digital release given priority? 🙁 to add more salt into to wounds deus ex has been pushed to august, i’m going to be so bored with nothing to play next year.

medenko1975 19 November, 2015 @ 4:55 pm   16

excellent news!!!!!

what will the retail price be?

ScooterMix 20 November, 2015 @ 7:31 pm

They reasle game digital only wrich i wont get because delete game i wish reasle on disc sony make happen.

“Once you have completed Beyond: Two Souls, you will be able to replay the game in chronological order – a much requested feature in the PS3 version!”

Yet… this feature is coming exclusively in the PS4 re-release. It’s not like it required some extra hardware power 🙁

CoolRichy007UK 19 November, 2015 @ 5:34 pm   18

More important news the psn is down yet again sony needs to get better servers i was mid race in the crew then psn went down. Friends list store not working its not my router its fine its sonys end hope they fix it FAST

AndyBeans 19 November, 2015 @ 5:35 pm   19

YAWN, if I wanted a movie I’d rent one.

bestheelever 19 November, 2015 @ 6:00 pm   20

I can’t wait to play this again. I was hoping we would get both together but I can wait a little longer for Heavy Rain. It’s a slight shame we won’t be getting the option to download them for free if we already have digital PS3 versions though.

Flipside666 19 November, 2015 @ 7:53 pm   21

This pricing is beyond a joke! 😉

Undoubtedly the finest looking game on PS3, and an engrossing storyline to boot. If you’ve never played it then you’re in for a treat. 🙂

Exactly what we needed: ANOTHER PS3 PORT.

“You can now play the game in chronological order right from the start – a much requested feature in the PS3 version!”

You must be kidding us — why isn’t this patched into the PS3 version?

Guilty-_Verdict 19 November, 2015 @ 11:35 pm   25

Damn 30.00 for old games not when 19.99.

Guilty-_Verdict 19 November, 2015 @ 11:37 pm   26

Sony needs to start using Lube on their prices.

ElfMageBex 20 November, 2015 @ 12:35 am   27

i think its stupid they want more money for both games instead of giving ps3 owners a discount there just being greedy and should charge us a discounted price for people who owns the ps3 copy i also hope sony start to be fair to the eu and stop giving the na store all the dlc 1st before eu im still waiting for my rockband songs witch na have 1st its about time they stopped giving na the best treatement

konvictedofsin 20 November, 2015 @ 12:47 am   28

I think it will benefit both the new and old users who were not able to get their hands on these games. I played heavy rain but i was not able to play beyond!

I want an Indigo Prophecy HD Remaster for PS4, PS3 or even PSV, merci.

Même si j’en ai déjà acheté un sur Steam, je préfère une version pour console.

Sabrescene 20 November, 2015 @ 11:16 am   30

Australian price??

i was really waited for this one to be remastered on ps4 but paying a 30 euro again when i have the collectors for ps3 no thanks.
i will just re-play it on ps3 its still looks great there and achieve my platinum there, something i wanted to do for long time with this game.
and when it will be discounted i will buy it again for ps4, this game is a masterpiece but i wont pay again, i think they should at least give to people that own physical copy or digital copy a 50% discount so like that it will drive us to buy it again on remastered version.

Witcher70 20 November, 2015 @ 4:33 pm   32

I’ll wait for the collection in march.

ScooterMix 20 November, 2015 @ 7:28 pm   33

Hi I love work i am so glad makeing game what base of kara project so glad makeing into game but question . Any plans reasleing game on disc because got much room on my consle since i dont want get heavy rain on digital Many thxs keep up great work do.

ScooterMix 20 November, 2015 @ 7:35 pm

Sorry missed a line going disc just ingore what said aslo there was dlc of heavy rain but got canceled would be on new edtion of game ?

PsVitaCyrus 23 November, 2015 @ 10:29 pm   34

Any news on if Beyond Two Souls will be censored in Europe again, like the PS3 Version was back then?

CoolRichy007UK 24 November, 2015 @ 12:03 pm   35

1 new theme and some free avatars on ps store today not good enough sony you really are getting worse i think il get NA store team to take over uk store running they do a better job

professional_med 24 November, 2015 @ 6:05 pm   36

Iam happy that beautiful games like beyond and heavy rain will come to ps4 :)…i will purchase beyond two souls digitally now and when the collection come out i will buy them physically…hope we see new ps4 games from quantic soon

vigilante_man 25 November, 2015 @ 12:25 pm   37

Played this for the first time on PS Now during the free beta trial. Was a Saturday well spent! Started in the morning and had to complete by Sunday – it was much better than I thought and what a great ending!

Was looking to buy it on the PS3 a few weeks ago. Glad I waited now. Will be getting this at the end of the month. Great to see we get a discount on Heavy Rain in March if we buy now.

Cannot wait to see what they release for PS4. This should keep me going over Christmas.

CoolRichy007UK 27 November, 2015 @ 3:57 pm   38

bought it before anyone else did