After lots of hard work, I’m pleased to announce the release date for the digital release of Beyond: Two Souls on PlayStation 4. You’ll be able to download it from PlayStation Store on 26th November 2015!
We’re looking forward to giving players another chance to experience the story of Jodie Holmes (played – excellently – by Ellen Page), a young woman who possesses supernatural powers through her psychic link to an invisible entity, and whose life intertwines with the complex Dr. Dawkins (brought to life by the inimitable Willem Dafoe), on PS4.
The PS4 edition of the game features a number of improvements:
- Enhanced 1080p graphics including motion blur, bloom and depth of field effects, as well as improved lighting and shadows. The game also makes use of the DualShock 4 speaker to improve immersion when playing as the Entity
- Decisions are highlighted at the end of each scene and compared with those made by other players
- You can now play the game in chronological order right from the start – a much requested feature in the PS3 version!
- Increased difficulty in a number of fight scenes, combined with improved controls for action sequences
- Includes the “Enhanced Experiments” DLC in the base game
You will be able to buy the digital copy of Beyond: Two Souls for €29.99/£24.99 on 26th November. Take a look at the trailer above to get you in the mood.
We can also now confirm that The Heavy Rain and Beyond: Two Souls Collection, announced in June this year, will be available to buy at retail from 2nd March 2016 (or 4th March in the UK).
There’s no need to wait for the collection to start playing though. Those who purchase Beyond: Two Souls digitally will be entitled to download Heavy Rain on PlayStation 4 when it releases at a discount – ensuring that you don’t pay more for the two games separately than you would for the Collection.
Full details on the pricing of the The Heavy Rain and Beyond: Two Souls Collection will be announced nearer release – in the meantime, check out the screenshots below for a taste of what to expect:
We really hope you enjoy revisiting these games or experiencing them for the first time if you missed them the first time around!