Posted

New on PlayStation Store: Final Fantasy VII, Fat Princess Adventures, more

Nuclear Throne, Among The Sleep, Yakuza 5, Dariusburst also out this week

It’s been a busy few days on PlayStation Store – if you tuned in to the PlayStation Experience keynote on Saturday, you’ll know that Final Fantasy VII, Fat Princess Adventures, Nuclear Throne and the PS Vita version of Bastion all had surprise launches on PlayStation Store over the weekend.

But that’s not all this week has in store. Look out for the long anticipated PS3 release of Yakuza 5; indie darlings Among the Sleep and Shantae: Risky’s Revenge, PS4/PS Vita strategy game Guns Up!, and phenomenal arcade revival Dariusburst Chronicle Saviours. Plenty to be getting on with, then…

PlayStation StoreOut this week

• Provisions Pack – 09/12/15
    £7.99/€9.99/AU$14.95
  • War Chest Pack- 09/12/15
    £39.99/€49.99/AU$75.95
  • PlayStation Plus Bundle – 09/12/15
    Free of charge

Remember, if you’ve not got access to your PS4, PS3 or PS Vita then you can also buy through our online store.

Free for PlayStation Plus subscribers in December

165 Comments
9 Author replies

I would once again like to inquire about the missing PSOne Classics in the Store in Belgium, Rayman and Rayman 2. Can we please get these looked at? They were definitely there before.

And i’d like to inquire about a certain issue with a very old DLC i’m not even going to name again for the time being. Where’s Fred or whoever is in charge?

1.2

I’m sorry Lance_87 but your post is too small to answer. ;)

It’s Ridge Racer DLC right? Lance? Riiiiidge racer!

Show more replies

Are there plans for Earth Defense Force 4.1 that was just released in the US ?

It comes out next year in February in EU.

2.2

Are there any sources for that ? The internet seems to know nothing … stupid internet !!!

Earth Defense Force 4.1 and 2 for Vita will be released on February 12th 2016.

Show more replies

I didn’t get a discount on Yakuza 5 when I bought it this morning 9 hours ago and I am a PS Plus member. What is going on?

CountLightning 08 December, 2015 @ 13:16
3.1

Bought it early today too. Guessing the discount wasn’t live at that time.

3.2

Yeah, but that is just so unfair :/

I bought it too … no discount…

Show more replies
ManikwithaNine 08 December, 2015 @ 13:06

Yay Yakuza

No Treasures of Montezuma 4 for Vita? Should be released this week :-(

Francesca Mead 09 December, 2015 @ 16:20
5.1

We don’t have any news to share presently about the release date, but we’ll keep you updated.

I have been downloading Dariusburst on Vita since 6am! It’s not even 50% down yet, I have never had a slow download on PSN, is there an issue somewhere?

Carnivius_Prime 08 December, 2015 @ 13:13

Bought Shantae – Risky’s Revege. A quality 2D platformer with lovely non-lazy pixel art.

Dariusburst is waaay overpriced. And I assume the Vita version is a seperate purchase since it’s cheaper? pft.

howboutthisthen 08 December, 2015 @ 13:27
7.1

Darius Burst CS is a huge game in terms of content, modes, branching levels and replayability, it’s closer to R-Type Final than Gradius.

Unless you think that scrolling shooters should just be cheap on principle.

Carnivius_Prime 08 December, 2015 @ 13:37
7.2

Actually I think £50 is far too much for any game and certainly would expect the Vita version included so you could take it on the move.

but yeah I’ve followed the Darius series on and off over the years (and had the PSP Dariusburst for a while) and while I enjoy the scrolling shooter I just don’t find them value for money, preferring them in short bursts than a game you can play for hours on end.

I think it’s totally worth the price.

Also don’t forget that it was exclusive to Japan and/or arcade/mobile until this Chronicle Saviours version. This is the definitive version of the game.

Show more replies

Hello Francesca and welcome. Thanks guys for the Yakuza 5 and the avatares too! Are we getting the SFV avatars too?

Oh and the theme for Yakuza 5 like the US got, are we getting that as well?

Roule_Scratche 08 December, 2015 @ 16:12
8.2

The theme is weirdly hidden.. grabbing it from webstore is easiest.

Now. TIME TO GET MAH YAKUZA 5 ON!

Francesca Mead 08 December, 2015 @ 16:26
8.3

Thank you. I can’t say whether or not we will be getting any other avatars – it will come down to a publisher decision.

Show more replies

Interested in these fourths home but $4.99 does not equal £4.99 so I will wait for a sale.

Still no discount or explanation on the BB DLC, so I am still not buying that… Thanks.

So, here we are again. So let’s talk about PS TV.

– So many non-touchscreen Vita games not compatible
– So many PS1 and PSP games not compatible that should not have any kind of problems with functionality whatsoever
– The PSN Store shows only a handful of titles, some of which aren’t even compatible with the device and others (compatible ones) needing to be searched manually.
– Some of the text of transferred content in Scandinavian letters transform to Chinese/Japanese letters when transferred to the actual console.

Are you at least in progress in improving PS TV’s situation? When can we expect an improvement regarding these matters? Just because the device may have not sold that much, doesn’t mean all the existing users and their needs should be ignored. Just finding a sensible solution to the whitelist problem would make wonders for the device.

Show full comment

So, here we are again. So let’s talk about PS TV.

– So many non-touchscreen Vita games not compatible

I originally sent these kinds of messages almost a year ago, about a month after PS TV came out. It’s sad to see that the situation hasn’t changed in that time.

10.1

Just to give you a hint at the kind of attention the PS TV is getting: it is being sold for 15 Euros in multiple major outlets these days. You shouldn’t invest a lot of hope.

10.2

@PlanetJumble

Yes, I’m aware of that. Bought another one a few months ago from that kind of sale. It’s just that when the only time the device gets the attention of its maker is when the community makes the device work like it should, something should change.

While i can’t find a PS TV for THAT low price (where, exactly? the lowest i can find is 30-ish Euros), HOLY ****. Too bad all the games i was looking for if i ever decided to get a Vita are not compatible, though.

Show more replies

That’s great, I didn’t know Shantae was coming out today. Definitely getting it and possibly Among Sleep.

And treasures of montezuma 4?

When can we expect more PS2 games on the store?

When are those PS2 emulated Star Wars games that were with the PS4 bundle coming out on the PSN store?

14.1

Super Star Wars is out now at least.

Havent seen them mention that anywhere though!

14.2

I got those as soon as I entered the codes on Battlefront release.. Not sure if they were added to the “general” store yet but they were definitely in my download list and I played Super Star Wars real quick.

Dariusburst for £50 on PS4? When it’s £33 on Vita and £24 on PC, that seems just a TAD much, don’t you think?

15.1

Agreed! £49.99 is waaaaaaay steep!

15.2

Even £32.99 for the Vita version is outrageous!

I see Sony hired new people.
Maybe now we have a chance to fix this problem with CoD:AW DLC?

There is a serious problem with european DLCs for european “CoD: Advanced Warfare”.
It is impossible to delete DLCs, after they have been downloaded to the HDD.
I’m not talking about permanent account licenses, which are always shown as “Installed”, but about the real files, which are occupy many gigabytes on HDD.
Maybe this is a bug in PSN licenses – maybe those DLC are flagged as “permanent” by mistake (and I think, it is most obvious cause, worth looking into).
Or, maybe, this is a bug in PS4 firmware or file system.
Ignoring or denying this problem won’t make problem to disappear.

Problem is revealed, because US players advising to delete game data and not to download DLCs to improve matchmaking (the game will search players only with the same set of DLC).

Show full comment

I see Sony hired new people.
Maybe now we have a chance to fix this problem with CoD:AW DLC?

It is impossible to delete DLCs, after they have been downloaded to the HDD.
Or, maybe, this is a bug in PS4 firmware or file system.
Ignoring or denying this problem won’t make problem to disappear.

Usually, user always can delete installed game data together with all DLCs, and then download only what he need – and this perfectly works for US players (they can delete all data and redownload only specific add-ons).
But for European gamers this method does not work, as confirmed by several forum posts (just do Google search “ps4 advanced warfare can’t delete dlc”), and I’m having this problem also.

After deleting all of the game data together with DLC, it seems, that it is gone from HDD – game is not listed in “System Storage Management”, although, add-ons are still listed in “My Add-ons” tab in library.
And as soon as the disc is inserted, all previously downloaded DLC reappear and ready to use even without downloading them (for Cod:AW this is about 20 gigabytes for 5 map packs, if you have Season Pass).
That is because those DLCs, actually, were not been deleted together with game data, as should be.

Also, installed game with a patch and every DLC fills 70 gigabytes on HDD, but data removal frees much smaller space (about 45-50 gigabytes is freed), which indicates, that some files are still occupy HDD space.
And that not freed space equals the size of all downloaded DLCs.

So, after you downloaded CoD:AW DLCs you will lose 20 gigabytes (if you own Season Pass) of HDD space forever, even if you delete all game data.
Currently, the only solution to get rid of CoD:AW DLCs is to format HDD.

Maybe I will post this message again in future, but, probably, I will just give up, because Sony don’t want to listen.

16.1

I can’t believe those DLC’s are still full price too. I got the game on sale recently and even the base game maps are mostly abandoned..

16.2

@Stonesthrow
If you have any DLC packs/map (all of them or some), then you can’t play with people, who own only base game (game will search only people with same map packs).
All base maps are still populated and gamers, who don’t own any DLC can easily join any game mode – there is always 50/50 possible games found (in Mosh Pit, at least, when I checked two months ago without yet purchasing Season Pass).
People, who bought and downloaded DLC (especially all of them) hardly can find any matches (always “No matches found”), and they can’t get rid of those DLC (thanks to problem, described above) to improve matchmaking.
Basically, you pay more to prevent yourself from playing.

Francesca Mead 08 December, 2015 @ 16:33
16.3

The way that DLC is currently structured on the PS4 is together with the rest of the game data. DLC is not saved as separate content. I appreciate your concerns, and I will update you if there is anything else I can do.

Show more replies

I wonder if you can play PES 2016 myClub with your mates, or just random people?

Three fourths Home… Wohoo!

** and no, that isn’t sarcasm **

CoolRichy007UK 08 December, 2015 @ 13:43

I have 1 request il keep asking for till we get it Christmas themes its all well n good with loads of avatars but where are the Christmas themes for eu or has sony turned into the grinch there is 1 week left then week after its Christmas i hope the new manager of ps store reads this and adds Christmas themes to eu store

CoolRichy007UK 08 December, 2015 @ 13:47
19.1

I think sony has the hint of more themes we want them

oh my you are out of your mind. I have already platted the 2 borderlands but I don’t own 2 since I got it through plus. The ultimate edition seemed intriguing at first but then I saw the price. Digital is about convenience, not necessity. Getting something the instant you wish. This is outrageous though and downright insulting

Definitely buying Yakuza 5, tbh that should have been the headline game of this post as a large section of the community wanted that!

Thinking about grabbing Guns, Gore and Cannoli on PS4. What do we think? Yay or nay?

horses say neighhhhh

zalwelgoedgaan 08 December, 2015 @ 13:56

Playing Yakuza 5 now. Such enrichment! Everyone, please buy the game! If not, at least the avatars!

zalwelgoedgaan 08 December, 2015 @ 14:16
23.1

http://i.imgur.com/RdJGEAt.png I bought Yakuza 5 four times, because some people were saying they didn’t want to buy it because it was digital only. I hope I restored the balance a little!

Woah : o props to you man and thank you for doing that, Yakuza 5 needs all the love possible.

Yakuza meant to be £30, with 15% off for PS+, so £25.50.

Says so in Sega press release.

24.1

Yeah I tweeted SEGA EU about that, maybe the extra GBP 3 was due to some VAT or tax that wasn’t accounted for at the time?
Would like some clarification before I drop the dough on this masterpiece :X

24.2

Yes, what’s up with the unannounced price hike? £29.99 is already more than €39.99, no need to raise the UK price even higher!

I want to know when are you going to update Guilty Gear Xrd Sign. I bought it on release and in the Store description it said that included the DLC characters (at least in the spanish Store it was in the description). This characters are missing in the game. Some time later, the Store description was fixed (but I already had bought it). We still have version 1.00 and no DLCs.

Tomorrow the game is going to be released en Steam, with all DLCs for free and a soundtrack for $30 (20€ cheaper that what I paid for the game and with more content). Are you at least goint to add the DLCs and update the game version? US and Japan had all of this months ago.

damienmcnugget 08 December, 2015 @ 14:06

Is it bad that I for a moment felt like buying a costume for LBP3 just because I have a hard crush on Amy Pond?

Not it is not.

Carnivius_Prime 08 December, 2015 @ 14:30
26.2

I crush on Amy (and Karen Gillan in general) but I don’t feel bad at all. I love LBP3 and Doctor Who DLC for it. :D

You forgot bit.trip which am I loving and hating in equal measure

Dariusburst is $60 in the US, why is it the equivalent of $75 here? Why is is so expensive compared to the Steam release? I think Degica are going to quickly find that while people would pay that much for physical shooters on the 360, nobody attaches as much value to a digital only release, you can’t get away with collector prices.

And that’s a shame, because the genre needs better support.

28.1

$60 + 20% VAT = $72. It’s only a little overpriced… However currency and tax laws aside its a big ask for any title.

These 4HIT games are awful AND they have iap. Who is buying these banal mobile games?

Yakuza 5 hype! Bought online and will be waiting for me for when I get home :)

I really want to know when Star Wars: Bounty Hunter is coming out, I loved that game as a kid!

Hello Francesca! It’s good to see some new faces here on PSBlog. I wish you lot of patience with all of us :)
Good luck!

Anyway now that we have some new blood I’d like to ask about two things:

1. Would you be so kind to inform someone from Blog team that PSN shop is not working properly?

Since last few months there are more and more problems with it. For example icons of products are glitching and displaying pictures of various other products. It is completly random. For example I saw Assasin Creed: Bloodlines with picture from Disgaea 5… when I checked it later it returned to normal… though at the same time other got swapped.

There is also issue with things not being properly listed in shop. For example Marie DLC from Persona Dancing All Night can be accessed only via link from game. You can’t access it from PSN via console or SEN via PC.

2. Will you be responsible for sales? If so, than would you be so kind to look into possiblity of having some of those games on sale in 2016:

...Show full comment

Good luck!

Anyway now that we have some new blood I’d like to ask about two things:

Aedis Eclipse, Armored Core 3, Armored Core Last Raven, Armored Core Silent Line,
Astonishia Story, Cladun: This is an RPG, Corpse Party, Disgaea: Afternoon of Darkness, Dragoneer’s Aria, Dragon’s Lair, Dungeon Explorer, Generation of Chaos: P.R, GenSan, Growlanser: Wayferer of Time, Gungnir, Magician Lord, Phantom Brave: The Hermuda Triangle, Spectral Souls: RotEE

Again I wish you all the best in your new job. Take care!

Edit:
As for example it seems that someone wrote to Koei Tecmo Europe about the same thing. Take a look at this:

Undead Knights icon got swapped with S*xdrive movie icon.

Francesca Mead 08 December, 2015 @ 16:54
32.2

Thank you for your comment! My current duties are focussed on the Store update, and I will be reading and responding to comments concerning those posts. I’m not directly involved in securing deals in any way, but I’m always happy to pass on your feedback about discounted titles.

@Francesca
Ahh ok, Thank you very much :)

Welcome to the blog, Francesca!

Will Harvest Moon: Back to Nature get PSP/Vita compatibility?

StevenJamesHyde 09 December, 2015 @ 12:52
33.2

From the product page: “Compatible with PSP™ (PlayStation®Portable) and PlayStation®3.”
From the question that was asked: “Vita”

With official replies like this, we’re already in “good hands” lol…

Those Borderlands prices are insane

someone lost his mind about prices.
PS3
Borderlands: The Pre-Sequel Ultimate Edition
(Out 08/12/15)
£64.99/€74.99/AU$109.95

Borderlands 2 Ultimate Edition
(Out 11/12/15)
£49.99/€59.99/AU$89.95

what have Sony been smoking? :) way way way overpriced.

35.1

I didnt even notice until you said!!

Tahaha! What on earth…

:O

35.2

For the first time something on PS4 is cheaper than on PS3! The PS4 collection includes both of those games with all DLC and has been on sale for €30 before, or physical copy as low as €37 in Finland right now.

35.3

You do know sony isnt the one pricing these games right? Its up to the publisher. Not sony.

Show more replies
SmokingGnuMkII 08 December, 2015 @ 15:07

When FFVII PS4 was released at the weekend, the blog post said it would be available at a special launch price until 12th December. If it is only 8.99 at the moment, what price will it be going to from the 13th? There’s nothing in the store to indicate that this is the case – £8.99 looks like it is the normal price

36.1

Looking around £12-13 normal price

36.2

I believe the launch price is equivalent to a 30% discount on the full price.

I think what we’re asking is, where IS that 30% discount.

Show more replies

Dariusburst 69.99€? Seriously? And there’s some optional in-game purchases? Wait… What? Seriously?! I’m gonna go and cry a little.

Nothing to cry for (except the outrageous price), the description is wrong, there are no micropayments.

Bastion on PS Vita is 3$ in US Sony Store. 3 freakin’ $!!!!!! Why 15 Euro? WHY???? 4 Year old game. Come on! :(

StevenJamesHyde 08 December, 2015 @ 16:44
38.1

There’s a 70% Plus discount on it until 24th December (50% discount for non-Plus) which makes it quite reasonable. Not sure why the post didn’t mention that

Is the Dead Star beta not coming to EU? Blog post a few days ago seemed to indicate that it would be but there is no sign of it on the store.

We get a comment on kings quest Ps plus. Does downloading it mean we can’t get the full experience? It has been asked many times already.

Fred’s clearly read past this again and ignored it, I swear I’m embarrassed every time I see that for the players claim.

40.2

If you download that first episode from PS Plus, you can’t download Complete Collection, that has a one extra chapter included, that isn’t going to be released on it’s own. That’s what I’ve read everywhere, so I wouldn’t take a chance, at least until one of these trained monkeys from EU Blog can answer the question, asked for millions of times.

Yakuza 5, finally! The PS Plus discount was working for me when I got it about an hour ago, cost £28.04, discounted from £32.99. Although I wasn’t aware that Sega had stated previously it would cost £30 as KylieDog said earlier. What’s up with that?

Also, can I make a suggestion that in future, you print the prices of new content in £’s as well as in euros when it comes to weekly store updates, sales, etc? It would be much handier!

RodrigoSharingan 08 December, 2015 @ 16:04

They said we would get a new person to give us feedback and answer our questions this week and following… it was clearly a lie. They even lie to customers now… amazing.

42.1

Hey there folks. As you can see, Fran has indeed come on board this week, and will be answering your queries where possible. I’ll ask for your patience – some queries take a little investigation and can’t be answered immediately, but we’ll endeavour to get a response as soon as possible.

Ooh, maybe finally a response/apology for stealth increasing the Bloodborne DLC price will be made….. Hahahahahahaha… Hahahahahah… Ha!

42.3

lets face it man shes only one person theres so much she can do,and btw she just started but she already answered alot of stuff so shes cool in my book

Show more replies

Will wait for the box edition of Yakuza 5 — no box, no buy.

43.1

Hate to be the bearer of bad news dude, but the west arn’t getting a physical release, otherwise i would be in the same boat with you

43.2

Your missing the point that if we weren’t getting a digital release it wasn’t coming to the West at all. I for one want to support the effort taken to actually localize.

Thanks for bring us, finally, Yakuza 5 ^^.

We only miss two themes of the game, static and dynamic. Only UK got it. Please, get it for the rest of Europe.

And one comment: It’s very ugly this 15% discount “only for Plus members”. In USA got a pre-order for three month with 15 % discount for everyone, non-plus memeber included. All the Yakuza european fans deserve this discount ;).

Waiting for Yakuza Zero release!! (any date for us? xD)

Yeah want the themes so bad ;__;

CookieMonsterES 08 December, 2015 @ 16:50

Hey, Francesca, welcome to the blog! :)

I already got FF VII a couple of days ago -the free theme is lovely- and would consider getting Fat Princess Adventures had not this backlog of games waiting to be played.

Can we expect a new Store sale or discounts tomorrow?

Francesca Mead 09 December, 2015 @ 10:36
45.1

Thank you. I don’t have direct responsibility over the sales or what will be discounted, but keep your eyes on the blog for any updates.

CookieMonsterES 09 December, 2015 @ 11:49
45.2

I will, thanks for the response :)

I just came on to say welcome to the blog Francesca. :)

first i have to say thank you to sony for helping bring yakuza 5 to europe as a huge fan of the series i say to you arigatou gozaimasu. and second Francesca Mead welcome to the blog and can you tell the guys at sega if they can discount the hatsune miku games on ps3,we got discounts on the vita but i dont have it thanks

Yay um tuga! xD e que gosta de yakuza!!!

Yakuza 5 with all the avatars bought, installed and currently playing. Yakuza 1 HD and Yakuza 2 HD save games were detected and additional items included in Y5 playthrough… can we hope for Yakuza 1&2 HD Edition? :D

Waiting for themes, HD remasters and Zero. A great update this day :)

Have fun with Yakuza 5 ^^

CoolRichy007UK 08 December, 2015 @ 18:27

Plz add the warriors and bully to ps2 classics onn ps4 store

Just incase you were unaware (or not interested in trophies) you can buy the PSP version of The Warriors on Vita (if you have one). Runs pretty decent; but I would also like it on PS4!

Maybe Res Evil Outbreak File 1 & 2 too.

Carnivius_Prime 09 December, 2015 @ 10:14
49.2

Yeah but probably like me he wants The Warriors upgraded to PS4 in the way those recent PS2 games have done too. HD, trophies, shareplay, remoteplay blah blah. All the good stuff the PS4 offers. :)

Yakuza 5 is a bit pricey, I was expecting it around £20, it’s 3 years old after all.
But who cares, I am glad we finally got it.

Load all

We close the comments for posts after 30 days.

Edit history