Trine 3: The Artifacts of Power is on its way to PS4

Frozenbyte hopes to have its sequel on PlayStation Store before Christmas

Hey there PlayStation fans! Kai from Frozenbyte here with some great news for platforming enthusiasts and fans of the Trine series. We’re hoping to bring Trine 3: The Artifacts of Power to PS4 in time for Christmas! The third game of the series has been renewed quite a lot and as you may have heard, Trine 3: The Artifacts of Power has full 3D gameplay!

Trine 3: The Artifacts of Power is a 3D platforming game set in a beautiful fantasy world of vivid colours, and is also a mixture of puzzles, adventure and action. You’re playing with three distinct characters, a Wizard specialised in conjuring boxes and levitation, a stout-hearted Knight with powerful fighting abilities, and an elusive Thief, great at fighting from afar with her bow and at overcoming obstacles with her grappling hook. Each character will help you in different ways on your action-packed journey.

The story starts off with the Heroes growing tired of their duties. They try to return their extraordinary gifts to the Artifact called Trine, and so they meddle with powers beyond their understanding: Trine shatters and a heartless ancient sorcerer escapes. With only a broken artefact to guide them, the heroes must try and repair the damage they’ve caused… or the damage that might yet be done.

#07 - 20140604-0190#08 - Co_Op (5)

Key features:

• A beautiful 3D fantasy world with seven story-driven chapters and 11 puzzle-solving, skill-focused Lost Pages
  •  Three playable characters, Pontius the Knight, Zoya the Thief and Amadeus the Wizard, each with their own skills and unique abilities
  • Share a couch! Local co-op multiplayer support for up to three players
  • Full HD 1080p with 60 FPS
  • Support for stereoscopic 3D (720p)
  • Mesmerising soundtrack by award-winning composer Ari Pulkkinen
  • Full language support for English, French, German, Spanish, Russian, Japanese, and Brazilian-Portuguese, and subtitle support for Italian, Danish, Norwegian, Swedish, Simplified Chinese and Finnish.

We hope you enjoy 🙂

Did you enjoy this?

39 Comments 11 Author replies
Show oldest first

I looooove the Trine series, cannot wait for Trine 3! Currently working on getting the platinum trophy on Trine 1 for a 2nd time 😀

Looks stunning. Best of luck with the development. Buying this would be a nice Christmas present for myself.

It won’t be out before Xmas. I’m calling it now, it’ll be on plus in January.

Oh that will certainly fix my christmas after the days of flooding we have had that has put a lot of cities under water. Instant buy 😀

ktuovinen 8 December, 2015 @ 2:37 pm

Sounds dangerous! Where do you get floods at this time of the year? Good luck with the situation – I hope you’ll get to enjoy some game worlds during Christmas time 🙂

Aces73High 8 December, 2015 @ 2:17 pm   5

Hazzah! That’s fantastic news, Kai. Absolutely awesome!

Hope it more like the first game because Trine 2 was awful.

ktuovinen 8 December, 2015 @ 2:38 pm

It’s a bit different from both the previous Trine games because of the 3D gameplay. What did you like about Trine more than Trine 2?

Well the first game let you play as any character all the time, T2 forced you to use a certain chcaracter to get past certain bits, in somecases making you backtrack in order to spawn them if they died, in T2 the puzzles felt very “Do it this way” while T1 puzzles offered more creative workarounds, the upgrade (items)/skill system from T1 was removed, dumbed down and nerfed in T2.

In short, T2 offered less freedom, options and challenge than T1. T1 was great.

This looks so pretty, I’ve never really found the time to try this series.

Nice! I haven’t grabbed it from Steam now it’s the chance. Have played Trine 1+2 on PS3 the games were amazing.

CoolRichy007UK 8 December, 2015 @ 2:51 pm   9

woohooo day1 buy for me as long as it has more then 20 levels im happy

CoolRichy007UK 8 December, 2015 @ 2:51 pm

Ok 7 chapters i dnt care im buying it

CoolRichy007UK 8 December, 2015 @ 2:53 pm

Hey will you add game soundtrack to ps store as well and a trine theme

ktuovinen 8 December, 2015 @ 2:57 pm

Yeah it’s 7 Chapters that focus on the story and 11 Lost Pages that are more about solving puzzles, fighting and the player’s skill. About the soundtrack – I don’t think we’ve thought about putting it on the PS Store, but let’s see if that would be possible 🙂

PlanetJumble 8 December, 2015 @ 2:51 pm   10

Thanks for holding up the stereoscopic candle! I just bought a 3D TV and was finally able to play Trine 2 in this mode – it is mesmerizing in combination with the beautiful art. ヽ(´ー`)ノ

ktuovinen 8 December, 2015 @ 2:59 pm

Thanks! We like playing on stereo 3D too,so we had to continue the tradition 🙂

Wasn’t this the one that people where so disapointed by because it was so short, right?

Ryusennin 8 December, 2015 @ 3:51 pm   12

What a trainwreck of a game. Frozenbyte shlould be ashamed of themselves.

alex_preston_90 8 December, 2015 @ 3:56 pm   13

Awesome!!! I love these games. Will this have a platinum as well?

Inherentdragon 8 December, 2015 @ 4:58 pm   14

One of the best looking games by far.I’d love to get excited about Trine 3 but the truth is I never finished either of them,got stuck on both and ended up giving up..ah well maybe I should just stick to baby games 🙂

Harrisown 8 December, 2015 @ 7:24 pm

nope….just get a friend in to help you create the madness. There is no wrong or right way to play Trine the physics allow you to invent your own solution.
    Share-play with a friend if they don’t have it. Some of the later levels are gorgeous

MajorSkilog 8 December, 2015 @ 5:06 pm   15

And out of nowhere comes the perfect christmas gift for myself 🙂 I love playing Trine games in stereo 3D and I always thought how amazing it would be if I could reach the beautiful scenery in the background. Can’t wait!

Congrats guys! Already have the trilogy on PC, and the T2 on PS4, gonna buy T1 and this one for sure now.

I own the game on steam, bought it during early access just an FYI this is different than all others trines. Alot of people really dislike this one as it’s a more 3dish version and changes the formula from the other two. Watch a few demos on youtube to see if you like it before buying and being upset. Also much shorter than the others.

Harrisown 8 December, 2015 @ 7:12 pm   18

Great news. I bought Trine 2 on PS4 and loved it. It still has some of the most gorgeous graphics around and that 3D (even though i hate 3D because of flickering and headaches) is the best the world has ever seen.
I really really like the look of the full 3D perspective.
Would be nice if Sony patched the PS4 to support 1080p 3D? is that still an issue at this point?

Artemisthemp 8 December, 2015 @ 7:23 pm   19

It makes me really happy that, Trine 3 have Danish Languages support event though I, most likely will be using English Languages.

jfontyman 8 December, 2015 @ 8:13 pm   20

Love the Trine games but the solutions start to become more and more leftfield as you progress, I have never completed either Trine games and looking at trophy stats only 7% actually completed the last level, 93% of people who played Trine 2 have not seen the ending, the full product.

Harrisown 8 December, 2015 @ 8:21 pm

Like I said above the physics allow you to find your own solutions. Hook up with a friend and do crazy stuff ,think outside of the box ,blag and bodge your way to success using the physics as an advantage.

jfontyman 9 December, 2015 @ 4:28 pm

I understand that however stats are stats, 93% of people who have the game never finish the game because it became too finicky, that’s all I’m saying.

ferenzzz1971 8 December, 2015 @ 9:16 pm   21

Never played the series Trine; maybe a cool idea to bundle this new game together with Tine 1 and 2 🙂

Instant buy for me

Kai Tuovinen 9 December, 2015 @ 9:08 am

We’ll try to get a Trine Trilogy bundle out as well as soon as possible 🙂

Witcher70 9 December, 2015 @ 1:30 pm

A Trine Trilogy would go down nicely with all new trophy lists i’ll definitely double dip for this awesome gem:)

Caliburst89 9 December, 2015 @ 12:39 am   22

Love the series and I hope it gets better and better with that lastest one. (platinum holder of Trine 1 and 2 on PS4)

To someone (not mention) somewhere above saying Trine 2 was not good, it definitely was more interesting and challenging than the first one. You could feel the first one was way easier and somehow more “free” of movements as a first installment (it’s generally comprehensible as a new game). With the second opus, the challenges were there, it’s a puzzle-game, what would you expect, many solutions? of course you have to use a certain character to go on, and that’s what it makes it harder and I’m glad they did this. The system upgrade is simple and great, it would also greatly help you further although you can finish the game in hard mode on hardcore without upgrading anything.

Anyway, this will be an awesome gift for Christmas 😀

Aattiasbertilsso 9 December, 2015 @ 6:59 am   23

Hej mattias

m4rgy5555 9 December, 2015 @ 9:36 am   24

Trine 1 was a bit boring with almost no action at all, Trine 2 was the best of all (my thought), it had all what Trine 1 was missing. Also played Trine 3 on pc and its not as good as Trine 2 was, but if its coming to ps4, i definitely will get it.

fain2daniel 9 December, 2015 @ 10:52 am   25

Perfect news,own a 1 and 2nd part and tryed third on pc.Cant wait.

lisboa-gabriel83 9 December, 2015 @ 12:17 pm   26

Aleluia! Português Brasileiro, estou muito feliz com ambas noticias, tanto do lançamento para PS4 como da dublagem BR, muito obrigado Sony!! Compra certa!

CSR-Montoya 9 December, 2015 @ 1:15 pm   27

Great team, great games, beautiful Christmas present!

jfontyman 9 December, 2015 @ 4:32 pm   28

Has anyone had trouble with Trine 2? it no longer works with latest PS4 firmware, 2TB HDD Samsung M9T & 1.02 game patch, crashes back to XMB and yes I re downloaded.

Caliburst89 16 December, 2015 @ 7:25 am   29

Just saw the trophy list and I’m actually disappointed that “Walk in the Park” (one of the main reasons for playing the game) was not included. I even saw someone just platinum the game in 5 hours..