Posted

The 12 deals of Christmas – #6

Pick up a sizeable saving on Need For Speed, valid for the next 48 hours

It’s time to put your pedal to the metal and pick up our next Christmas deal before it speeds off into the night! If you’re after an adrenaline rush, Need for Speed is just the thing…

Need for Speed
Was €69.99
Now €39.00 (until 11.59pm, 12th December)

Need for Speed Deluxe Edition
Was €79.99
Now €44.99 (until 11.59pm, 12th December)

But that’s not all. Today we have an additional set of deals going live on PlayStation Store, running until 11.59pm on 14th December:

Destiny: The Taken King
Was €39.99
Now €24.99

Destiny: The Taken King – Digital Collector’s Edition
Was €89.99
Now €50.00

Destiny: The Taken King – Legendary Edition
Was €69.99
Now €29.99

Remember, if you’ve not got access to your PS4, PS3 or PS Vita then you can also buy through our online store.

136 Comments
0 Author replies

Do you Like this sale ?

HermaniosPollos 11 December, 2015 @ 00:01

PLEASE, FOR THE LOVE OF EVERYTHING, PLEASE PUT LIFE IS STRANGE.

Out of its misery?
In the bin?

If you want it so badly, go get it. If they put it on here, which they probably wont. the saving will no doubt be tiny

V_Sontohartono 11 December, 2015 @ 05:45
2.3

Dude, the game is 20 bucks, already cheaper than all of the games featured in these deals. Just buy it already. It’s not like it’s overpriced at that level or something.

Show more replies

Disgaea 5 plz

3.1

If you want a Sony deal on Disgaea 5 (or any other game for that matter) just find the current highest price, add an additional £10 and just like magic, you’ve got the deal.

Well not bad Sony, but you can do better. I hope that the two game before was just a mistake. I believe in you !

4.1

Umm, what? Yes bad!

€A/$0ny could offer paying me to get NFS I’d still never play it because “always online”.

Yeah. The Destiny one isn’t that bad, but the NFS one I don’t know.
Maybe next time.

It is the normal price for these games, not the sale ones! Still not satisfying at all!

5.1

Yeah, what’s going on with this? I don’t even see NFS and taken king is still full price on the PlayStation store.

Well, it’s an okay sale, nothing special. I’m not mad seeing this like the last 2 “sales”.

6.1

It comes to something when a company doesn’t make you mad, but still not happy doesn’t it?

6.2

I kinda felt the same way, lol.

Still Disappointing!

Yay a racing game :/

8.1

Nothing wrong with racing games, just this one is a bit crap IMO.

Been playing it on EA Access and its just boring and controls very poorly. I don’t like how the cut scenes are done in first person either, that never feels right to me as its supposed to feel like they are talking to you but it feels weird as you know they are talking to a camera.

8.2

I have to agree, Need for Speed is horrible. The first two hours of the game features five minutes of driving. The rest of that time is filled with forced cut scenes, featuring people I want to murder and bury under the floorboards. At stages EA did manage to mix video scenes with in-game graphics but other than that, everything else about Need for Speed sucks too.

I want at least 1 discounts on a new title like fallout, cod bo3, just cause 3 or rainbow Seiege six

Good for you.

9.2

If you want discounts on any of those titles then look at retail. Sony will never be able to offer a better price on new releases.

Lmao good luck with that.

€30 for legendary edition is good

10.1

But the game isn’t good

10.2

not in the UK its not

10.3

Where can I get it less than £25 in the UK…..o.O

We need Fallout…. :)

11.1

Then buy it. You can do it with stuff called money. And the game’s quite enjoyable, too.

11.2

Good to know we’ve reached such levels of entitlement that there are people asking for discounts on games released a single month ago and still selling very well

Getting sick of these terrible deals, I’ve saved loads of money for these sales and it’s just been stupid prices and bad games. This Nfs sucks!! And for some reason looks awful on my tv.

12.1

I learned a long time ago not to get my hopes up for Sony sales. Yet every year, whenever they announce deals or offers, a part of me still gets curious to see if they’ve gotten with the times and learned to reward their customers. Silly me. At this rate it’s like being kicked in the teeth by the Chuckle Brothers.

To me. To you.

Is it foolish to hope last of us will get discounted when it was included in the two for one sale?

13.1

Hum, yeah…

The Last of Us is £18.99 in Argos at the moment if that helps.

superJCwarrior 11 December, 2015 @ 11:43
13.3

£8 on CD Keys last time I checked.

Show more replies

So, when is Bloodborne going to come along?

They would happily give you Bloodborne, but they need all the next 6 promotion slots for racing and sports games.

Anyone else than me that want to see Star wars or COD ?

15.1

Hell no both sucks!

15.2

That was a bad attempt at trolling.

I don’t even like COD it’s starting to be like Destiny. But I tried the Star Wars beta and loved it. But don’t want to get it and the season pass. Not worth so i’m waiting for a deal.

A slight improvement but highly suspect this game will quickly be in the bargain bins in the new year anyway so will hold off buying now… At least Uncharted Collection is keeping me busy on a nostalgia trip as we reset the 48 hour count yet again!

I waswaiting for a nice The Taken King deal, since it is a game that you cant buy used and still goes for around 60+ euros, this deal is great for me!
Now I am only hoping for Dragon Ball Xenoverse.

Black ops 3 please?????

NFS is not worth 40€.

Why is destiny £40!!!? Ridiculous

20.1

My thoughts exactly. I’ve refused to buy it for over £20 since the first screwed us over so badly.

20.2

Pick up the legendary edition. It contains the base game and the add ons (I think)
For £25 ….some one posted you can get a physical for better in the UK. But as the add odd one are via a dlc code. (At least in the PS3 version) I don’t think it’s that bad a deal

Fallout 4 and R6 please!!!

Romero_Carpenter 11 December, 2015 @ 00:42

For the 6th deal of Xmas Sony gave to me…………nothing because I have a PS3.

You were expecting something? PS4 has been out for 2 years now, they probably don’t care about the PS3 any more

22.2

Same for PS Vita

It is a shame they didn’t do an offer for each machine, I think they did previous years

While NFS on sale is a step up from PES and WWE16, it just doesn’t interest me that much. Personally, I’d be thrilled to see Star Wars: Battlefront as an upcoming deal, perfectly timed for the upcoming movie premiere.

The movie means they don’t need to reduce it. People are going to see the film and then the game will get a massive boost in sales anyway

23.2

Probably so. All I’m saying is that it’d be a perfect timing. Though I wouldn’t buy the game till it’s on sale/discount. Maybe it’ll show up, maybe not. It’s not like we know what the rest of the deals are gonna be, though. But I see what you mean, yet I’d still hold out a possible hope/outcome that a deal on SWBF could show in one form or another. :)

NFS Deluxe Edition and Taken King Legendary/Collectors Editions all still full price in Australia. Any reason we’re only getting half the deal today?

Apparently my comment was moderated… Why isn’t Australia getting any of the Deluxe/Collectors editions (both NFS and Destiny) at a discount?? Why are we only getting less than half of this deal?

andrew30101978 11 December, 2015 @ 02:08

Last year need for speed was £24.99 in the 12 deals now £34.99 and £39.99 what a increase and I’ll hang on

Destiny: The Taken King – Legendary Edition is still €69,99 (NL Store). What is going on :(?

27.1

yeap! all versions still have the original price

Sony, is Destiny on sale in Australia as well? I click the link on the PSN store (https://store.playstation.com/#!/en-au/destiny-the-taken-king/cid=STORE-MSF75508-DESTTTKOFFER) and everything is still full price.

Steve_Of_The_O 11 December, 2015 @ 04:27
28.1

It’s all still showing full price the UK store, too.

Desmond17Miles 11 December, 2015 @ 05:09
28.2

Full price in Bulgaria as well, still at 129 BGN. Is a fix of this coming up?

28.3

There is a sale section and banner on the main page calling it a sale, but no discounts in NZ either, which isn’t surprising really as it’s just the AU store with higher prices.

Show more replies
V_Sontohartono 11 December, 2015 @ 05:40

Need for Speed, no.

Taken King,I already have.

Now, give us the Witcher, please.

Please do Grand Theft Auto 5

Destiny: The Taken King
Was €39.99
Now €24.99

Destiny: The Taken King – Legendary Edition
Was €69.99
Now €29.99

I bought Destiny Day 1 inclusive both DLCs, now the addon is on 25 and the whole game on 30? Are you kidding me? I would buy it for €15 but no more.

Again nothing for Vita :-(

32.1

Thats why the comment “And thats not all” hurts even more

But thats not all… We still dont have diddly squitt for ps3 and the godforsaken PS Vita.

33.1

There’s already a boatload of christmas discounts for ps3 and vita, just no countdown thingy. I’d like a boatload of discounts for ps4, ps3 may take the crappy countdown.

If I upgrade from disc to digital legendary will my game save still work? T

Thanks

34.1

Yes your progress will be in there…

Calling it now, they’re just re running their “Deals of the week” from the last few weeks. Expect Witcher 3, Arkham Knight and Dying Light to come. You’ll note that none of them are in the (awful) BOGOF offer as well…

35.1

I’d love to see Dying Light in the german Store.

You people really know how to moan, don’t you?
You buy the games you want – whether they’re on sale or not – and you skip the ones you’re not interested in. It’s not that complicated.

CookieMonsterES 11 December, 2015 @ 13:33
36.1

Comment of the week.
If people were as reasonable as you are, the blog would be a more enjoyable place for everyone.

36.2

Wasn’t that just moaning, too?

But you make a good point.

An example: I’m interested in Dying Light.

Please explain to me a ‘not complicated’ way of buying a digital version of it for my ps4.

the uk store hasn’t updated for destiny yet, but i reckon i’ll bite

Hmmm was tempted with taken king but… €24.99 converted to £ is £18.07 not Sonys working out of £39.99.

Picked Assassin’s Creed Syndicate special Edition up for £24.99 from Game.co.uk ….. Now thats what you call a DEAL Sony.

38.1

It’s available for £45, but I think the post swapped the prices of the digital collector’s and legendary, the former being available for £25, which makes more sense.

38.2

Good spot mate! Just bought from game too. Cheers

Is black ops 3 comming to the christmas deals?

Remember, need for speed servers will be turned off in a few years and you will have paid money for nothing.

Welp, you could’ve bagged me on a Taken King sale, but still way too expensive.

deal has gone live on UK store

42.1

Destiny discount seems to finally be live in Australia too, not NFS though :/

Aaaaand another crappy discount for a less than subpar game.

warensembler83 11 December, 2015 @ 10:38

NFS is like 67 on Metacritic, so that’s still expensive. The saga’s glory days have long past.

any chance to have a free ps4 multi player week-end Like the US this week-end ?

warensembler83 12 December, 2015 @ 00:34
45.1

It’s happening over here too. I was at a friend’s place this evening and she was playing Bloodborne online (she doesn’t have a PS Plus subscription).

Destiny and the NFS deluxe discounts seem to be fixed, Destiny legendary is pretty good value if you don’t already have it and don’t mind it only being playable for a year.

I nearly bought it, but then I remembered how they’d treated the original and made it fairly worthless so as to get people to buy year 2. I don’t want to do that every year.

halfaworldaway 11 December, 2015 @ 11:44

Those prices are crazy need for speed for 39 euro is not a deal, look at the before price, why have games suddenly spiked in price? €69.99 for any game is a joke.

Asked for it, and got it!! Thanx for Need for Speed :) :)

48.1

Ask for something better next time!

what about “the witcher 3” season pass?? I never saw any deal on that one….I would be happy to see that :)

49.1

Until the final expansion has dropped, this would be a surefire way to create a massive storm

@Chris,

Can we get additional details of the pricing model you use for these. In particular, I would like to know if my purchase is VAT inclusive (UK) and whether the prices you are quoting in EUR is also VAT inclusive and at what rate.

50.1

I can tell you partially. All UK digital purchases are inclusive of 20% VAT, law now. Sony/SCEE must pay the correct amount of VAT to the tax authorities in the customers country. VAT is included in Euro purchases but I cant help you more than that.

Load all

We close the comments for posts after 30 days.

Edit history