Posted

New on PlayStation Store: Amplitude, Hardware: Rivals, World of Tanks beta, more

Plus, Mike Bithell’s stealth adventure Volume sees a PS Vita release

Happy New Year everyone! Ready to get started on another epic year of gaming? Kicking things off for 2016, we’ve got Amplitude, Trine Trilogy, the second World of Tanks beta weekend and a PS Vita release for Mike Bithell’s acclaimed stealth adventure Volume. That’s not all though – your January PS Plus games are available to download as of today, including intense multiplayer action in the brand new Hardware: Rivals!

If all that’s not enough for you, then check out our January Sale, which continues this week with new savings on great titles across all three platforms.

PlayStation StoreOut this week

ps4

• Hardware: Rivals
    (Out 05/01/16)
    £16.99/€20.99/AU$31.95
    (Free for PS Plus Subscribers)

• Super Toy Cars

psvita

• Volume
    (Out: 06/01/16)
    £14.99/€17.99/AU$26.95

PS4 DLC

• Just Cause 3

• Explosive Weapon Pack (Out 05/01/16)
    £3.29/€3.99/AU$5.95
  • Weaponised Vehicle Pack (Out 05/01/16)
    £3.29/€3.99/AU$5.95
  • Capstone Bloodhound RPG (Out 05/01/16)
    £1.99/€2.49/AU$3.75
  • Combat Buggy (Out 05/01/16)
    £1.69/€1.99/AU$2.95
  • Final Argument Sniper Rifle (Out 05/01/16)
    £1.99/€2.49/AU$3.75
  • Mini-Gun Racing Boat (Out 05/01/16)
    £1.69/€1.99/AU$2.95
  • Rocket Launcher Sports Car (Out 05/01/16)
    £1.69/€1.99/AU$2.95
  • Rock Band 4

• ‘Adventure of a Lifetime’ – Coldplay (Out 05/01/16)
    £1.69/€1.99/AU$2.95
  • ‘Drag Me Down’ – One Direction (Out 05/01/16)
    £1.69/€1.99/AU$2.95
  • ‘Leave The Night On’ – Sam Hunt (Out 05/01/16)
    £1.69/€1.99/AU$2.95
  • ‘On My Mind’ – Ellie Goulding (Out 05/01/16)
    £1.69/€1.99/AU$2.95
  • ‘Thank God For Girls’ – Weezer (Out 05/01/16)
    £1.69/€1.99/AU$2.95
  • ‘What Do You Mean?’ – Justin Bieber (Out 05/01/16)
    £1.69/€1.99/AU$2.95
  • RockSmith 2014

• ‘Closing Time’ – Semisonic (Out 06/01/16)
    £2.49/€2.99/AU$4.55
  • ‘Heat of the Moment’ – Asia (Out 06/01/16)
    £2.49/€2.99/AU$4.55
  • ‘Play That Funky Music’ – Wild Cherry(Out 06/01/16)
    £2.49/€2.99/AU$4.55
  • ‘Woman – Wolfmother'(Out 06/01/16)
    £2.49/€2.99/AU$4.55
  • ‘Hit Singles Song Pack III'(Out 06/01/16)
    £7.99/€9.99/AU$14.95
  • World of Tanks

• Founder’s Pack 1 (Out 08/01/16)
    £12.99/€15.99/AU$23.95
  • Founder’s Pack 2 (Out 08/01/16)
    £39.99/€49.99/AU$75.95
  • Founder’s Pack 3 (Out 08/01/16)
    £61.99/€74.99/AU$112.95
  • Founder’s Pack 4 (Out 08/01/16)
    £79.99/€99.99/AU$150.95

Remember, if you’ve not got access to your PS4, PS3 or PS Vita then you can also buy through our online store.

Free for PlayStation Plus subscribers in January

209 Comments
14 Author replies
RoaringMdog18 05 January, 2016 @ 14:20

Where’s Amplitude?

1.1

I’ll have an update for you shortly.

1.2

Good question where is it?

please dont say its delayed :( :(

Show more replies

Happy new year everyone!! :D
Frann are the new savings from today will you make a new post about them ?

“starting from today or will..”
We need an edit option!

2.2

New savings join the sale tomorrow (Wednesday) – keep an eye on PlayStation Store for full details.

X_Blood_Curse_X 05 January, 2016 @ 15:26
2.3

“Keep an eye on the Playstation Store for full details” does this mean you guys are not gonna bother posting the sales on the blog anymore? Because I hope not

Show more replies

How do we know what the new additions to the January Sale are? There’s no way of filtering the store to show recently discounted, and there’s no blog post listing everything either.

I think they come on thursday

Volume for vita! Finally

What January sale?

Show more replies

Man I wish Volume had a separate trophy list on Vita.
It would give me another reason to play through it.
Great game – highly recommended.

VictorAnalogy 05 January, 2016 @ 15:47
4.1

There’s all the community levels though.

4.2

can’t you just play the game?

World of Tanks Founders Pack 4 is £80?! When did developers think dlc/microtransactions should cost practically double the price of a full game?! I wasn’t that interested in the game anyway, but that has stopped me downloading it already!!

On a more positive note, can’t wait to try out Hardware Rivals tonight, gonna download Grim Fandango too :)

Helvedeshunden 05 January, 2016 @ 16:41
5.1

You can play as much as you want without spending a dime. I’ve done so on the other console version already. Solid game.

Luizelgespuizel 05 January, 2016 @ 14:28

Where is Amplitude ? Cant you guys do anything right at SCEE ?

CoolRichy007UK 05 January, 2016 @ 15:11
6.1

They will add it aqap as qik as possible soon as its added fred should post a comment to let us all know

zalwelgoedgaan 05 January, 2016 @ 14:30

PlayStation Plus Wish List

A bit off-topic, but I want to make a list here of PlayStation Plus games that people want to see. It’s been a long generation and many titles already appeared, but sometimes I get the feeling that Sony has a hard time figuring out what to feature.

Google “List of Instant Game Collection games (North America or PAL) Wikipedia to see the entire list throughout history. I can’t link it here because my message will automatically go through moderation. Because there is parity, titles that were only on US PS+ can’t appear on EU PS+ and vice versa.

Reply to this post and make a wishlist featuring PS3, Vita and/or PS4 titles. It will be a good point of reference for members as well as Sony staff.

PS3: Split/Second (game is mad fun)
Vita: Warriors titles and Atelier games

Let’s hear it, folks!

My wish is a reply as to why the demo they got away with giving us on plus this month stops us from ever getting the full game experience.

Quiet week.

8.1

you meant quiet last trimester on PSN … totally agree…

CoolRichy007UK 05 January, 2016 @ 14:42

YES WHERE IS AMPLITUDE it said on harmonix twitter OUT TODAY it better be added today not next week this game i been waiting for ages for this you have fully fixed psn now so add AMPLITUDE NOW if harmonix said amplitude is out 5th January its out 5th January no excuses 1st psn goes down and now no amplitude that should be out 5th January great start to 2016!!!

9.1

First world problems

i echo everything this guy said i need this game it says today where is it :(

CoolRichy007UK 05 January, 2016 @ 15:00
9.3

Sorry i got ott but amplitude means so much to me because it was a great game i only played once on the ps2 and after just reading freds update it should get added any minute now and no mojo man no problems here im just a over exited PlayStation gamer

Show more replies

Trine Trilogy? That was mighty quick! :)

StevenJamesHyde 05 January, 2016 @ 14:48

Yay for Volume Vita. Could have done with a Bastion-style discount, though. Maybe tomorrow…?

It’s free on Vita if you bought it on PS4. If you didn’t, why would it get a discount?

StevenJamesHyde 05 January, 2016 @ 18:19
11.2

I haven’t bought it on PS4, and passed it over on discount a couple of times, because I wasn’t 100% convinced that the Vita port was still coming. Now that I know it is I’ll buy, but it would be nice to buy at the 50% discount I didn’t take up previously if at all possible

Bastion had a 75% discount when it launched in Vita – the same level that the PS4 version had previously been cut to – so I snapped it up

I’d say you’ve missed the discount mate. Might be something in the future but the price for the Vita release has been posted and that’s what it will launch at.

Mike Bithell told everybody the Vita version was happening regardless so you should have had the faith. Mike loves the Vita.

Show more replies

Genuine Question;

Is there any logic to having the Store Update post published on a Tuesday when the majority of games are releasing on either Wednesday or Thursday? I understand that the PS Plus games have moved to the first Tuesday to align both the NA and EU regions, and that games can be released on PSN at any time.

I think it is awesome that we know in advance what is coming, but I think it would be even better to have a weekend ‘Drop’ like post like the US Blog has to let us know what is coming the following week and then post the Store Update and New Sales together as one big update on the Wednesday.

That way we get a bit of weekend reading, we know what is coming in the week and then it saves you guys having to produce two separate posts for both Store updates and Sales, and it also makes it easier for us to find all the week’s new titles/prices in one place.

Just an idea, any thoughts?

12.1

I certainly see your logic! The honest answer is that the PAL Store is rather more complex than the US Store, due to the 30+ different regions and languages we cater for. Duly, it unfortunately isn’t possible to collate the information in time for the prior weekend. Hence why we publish on the Tuesday – if we published on Wednesday, the games that launch on Tuesday would already be live and it would be old news.

12.2

Thanks for the reply Fred :)

That’s cool, I do guess you have a heck of a lot more on your plate with all the regions you guys cover!

And yeah, I guess the Tuesday games would then be old news.

Maybe bring the sales forward a day ;) (Not that I’m being fussy, I just have £££’s in my PSN Wallet and I am eager to spend them haha)

12.3

totallly agree, what is the point of saying now we make the store update on tuesday ‘s when most of the game got released 3 days later… and i dont buy the europe being more complicated , it’s sony who made it more complicated, microsoft deals the same platform and release all the same day since the release of 360 on digital… no good excuses from my point of view.

Show more replies

What exactly is Harvest Moon: Back to Nature compatible with? On the webstore, the info box on the left only mentions PS3, but the description says it’s playable on PSP and PS3 — no mention of Vita. I don’t want to buy it only to find it’s inexplicably incompatible with my Vita, the only platform I’m interested in playing it on.

supersmith2500 05 January, 2016 @ 15:14

Still no Towerfall for Vita?

14.1

I’m eagerly awaiting Towerfall on Vita, too! If they can’t give us a date, an approximate release window would be nice :0)

Fred, Montezuma 4 on Vita has still corupted file on server, when.you fix this?

Helvedeshunden 05 January, 2016 @ 16:43
15.1

I’ve written support and got a ticket number and not much else.

Now it looks like it’s free on the store, but when I try to download it, I’m told it cannot be done right now.

TheShiftayOne 05 January, 2016 @ 15:22

What’s the situation with Rock Band DLC? There’s stuff listed as PS4 (Crushcrushcrush, for example) which can’t be downloaded, there are songs and packs that have downright disappeared for both PS3 and 4 (Days of Peace 01) and just other general issues.

16.1

We were supposed to be caught up on all of the tracks the US have by December. Since then we have had Justin Bieber and One Direction added to the DLC. Someone is definitely on something at Harmonix.

Ah Fred’s back and replying:

Fred – why can we only get chapter one of kings quest with ps+ – aren’t we supposed to get “full games”.

We all know episode ones are given free or cheap – almost as demos. KQ was less than £2 on both Xbox and PC last month.

When can the UK expect Towerfall Vita? Any updates please?

18.1

Alas, I don’t have a firm date for you yet. I’ll update as soon as the game has gone through submission.

Wish PlayStation has the best year in 2016. Can’t wait for Resident Evil 0 HD Remaster.

Crew and destiny don’t work with no Internet? Why do this! Would never buy games like this, If this information was given! There isn’t any reason, apart from being problematic?. Why? This is just bad!

RoaringMdog18 05 January, 2016 @ 16:02
20.1

You do know that its not up to sony right? Go complain to Ubisoft and Activition about that. Also, look into something before you get it, games that are always online obviously wont work offline.

supersmith2500 05 January, 2016 @ 16:22
20.2

Remember when MAG and Hardware Online Arena require online access?

20.3

Hardware Online Arena had an offline mode with bots, though.

monkey_free_guy 05 January, 2016 @ 15:56

Hardware: Rivals is crap, you can’t even aim properly.
No wonder you get it for ‘free’, thanks for nothing.

Perhaps you are just crap?

It is pretty bad tho. Feel sorry for people who pay for it. 4 maps and 2 veichles? Really?

Sony, do you have any news for the European backers (Belgian here) which should’ve receive the early access codes? They still aren’t working when entering them in the Belgian PSN Store, saying it’s an invalid code.
Harmonix said it’s working with Sony to resolve the issue (which was mentioned 2 weeks ago already), but there’s still no progress on this issue.

Also the backers who’ve received their code today are unable to redeem the code “invalid code”.

Sony Europe is such a mess, why is it that Rebel Galaxy is getting released today on the US and we have to wait until the 12th (or 19th, they don’t even know).

Any word on what’s holding up Towerfall on the Vita?

Can’t wait to get that into my pocket, one of my favourite PS4 games.

24.1

And Organ Trail. And Taco Master. And a few more that haven’t managed EU releases this year.

24.2

It’s up to the developers/publishers of the games in question to submit their titles for release in the PAL region. Sony doesn’t develop or publish those titles, so unfortunately I can’t comment on their development status. There are a number of reasons why a game might release in one region before another – localisation, licensing issues, legal issues, limited manpower, etc.

Fred I fear you are talking nonsense, things manage to happen on other systems which shows its down more to Sony’s policies than developer willingness.

Fred. Please be so kind to tell us when is expected towerfall for Vita on europe….its a highly anticipated game and its out on usa since 15th of december. Thanks in advance forma your answer….

Treasures of montezuma 4 ps vita still broken? Lots of people have asked when it will be sorted but no replies that includes last week too. I only bought because of vita version as its no good on ps4

Can’t wait to play Volume on vita!

What on earth did you guys do with the New This Week page on the webstore? Even though it was cluttered with theme/avatar shovelware most of the time, it’s still insanely better than having to search through hundreds of different items on the New This Month page.

I can’t believe that people don’t read the blog properly, amplitude is out on the 6th and what date is it today, ermm let me think it’s the 5th. Thanks sony for a great update and all the best for 2016 guys.

You’re forgetting that the game was announced for the 5th and has been promoted to launch on the 5th the last few weeks as well. This is a last-second delay with no communication for a game that a -lot- of people have been longing for, hence the “outrage”.

Zoharthefunky 05 January, 2016 @ 17:01
29.2

And the fact that when the post first came up it wasn’t mentioned at all

RoaringMdog18 05 January, 2016 @ 17:02
29.3

1. It didnt say the 6th when the post first went up, it didnt mention the game at all.
2. Harmonix has been saying the 5th for weeks now
3. Its not even coming out on the 6th for some countries.

Show more replies

since SENRAN KAGURA Bon Appétit! is in the january sale,

will u ever do the ‘Gessen X Hebijo DLC and Soundtrack’-dlc pack on sale too? its 9.99 still .. twice as much as the game is now in the january sale.

Plz put this dlc pack on sale since its 50% of the full game kinda.

Thanks

What I want to no is when are more ps2 classics coming out we no you have arc the lad and wild arms 3 in the pipe when will we see them?

ZombieMeat666 05 January, 2016 @ 17:35

Hardware Rivals is terrible it does not work. The hit detection is way off and lock on is completely broken

Usability of plus is now terrible! What happened to seeing all the titles in one place? Have to log on all 3 consoles to claim the games and the webstore no longer works, at least on mobile.

Web store doesn’t work for me either on mobile it’s crap

ZombieMeat666 05 January, 2016 @ 21:13
33.2

They all show on PS app

Why did America get the Vita version of Vita while we’re stuck with the PSP version? I was looking forward to it, then we got screwed with the PSP version and now turns out we’re the only ones getting the PSP variant…

34.1

The Vita version of Vita?

How come US PSN gets the Vita version of Patton for PS+ and EU gets the PSP version for PS+?
Could you please explain that?
Silence is not an accepted answer.

35.1

They don’t. US and Europe get exactly the same games.

35.2

Except the Vita game is not the same as the PSP one.

35.3

They also seem to have different titles, too… the PSP game is “Legends of War: Patton’s Campaign” while the Vita game should be something like “History Legends of War: Patton”.

Show more replies
chiefcochise82 05 January, 2016 @ 19:33

Isn’t Rebel Galaxy out today too where’s that update?

36.1

It is in the US. This is the EU update. Europe have to wait for another couple of weeks.

Good evening.
Any ideas why Dragon age is not free for me?? Other ps+ games are ok but not DA. Anyone have the same issue??

Same here. Maybe it is not free in Poland for some reason?

Confirming no DA:O in Poland. Fred do you have any info on that?

@Flying pig 35.1.
Nope, they are actually getting the Vita version of the game.
Trust me I have checked, have you?

See screengrab: http://imgur.com/dIEt4yB

38.1

looool nice one Sony

Got my European backer code for Amplitude, but doesn’t work. Do you know if the reason is that the game still isn’t added to the Store of my country?

39.1

If the flag by your name is for the country you are currently in then Amplitude should be live for you tomorrow. I wouldn’t have thought the code would work until then as there is currently no game to redeem right now.

39.2

Live now

tr-fan-4-ever 05 January, 2016 @ 20:32

Why are we getting less plus games this month? Medal of Honor: Warfighter is not available for the Turkish PS Store.

All I wanted was Amplitude. :( still not available.

41.1

It’s out now.

For certain countries yes.

41.3

Same here ;)

Hi Fred. I’ve got questions for You.
First – what’s going on with Dragon Age: Origins (PS3) for Polish PS+ members? I still can’t download it for free.
Second – I can see some divergence with Legends of War: Patton’s Campaign. First of all – is it really a PSP version? US PS+ members got Vita version with trophies. There’s also some error in description – check this out: “Compatible with PlayStation®Vita only. Not compatible with PlayStation®TV. Compatible with PSP® (PlayStation®Portable), PlayStation®Vita and PlayStation®TV.”.

Sereal_Killer 05 January, 2016 @ 21:57

@store ppl. Montezuma 4 still cant be bought. It gives a transaction error at checkout. Please look into this. I downloaded the demo first. I dont know if that affected it. There are more ppl with this problem and helpdesk couldn’t solve it since it is a store problem.

warensembler83 05 January, 2016 @ 22:05

So, Grim Fandango isn’t on the PS Plus section of the Vita store, but you can download it if you look the game up in the store (at least if you have added the license to your account on the PS4 before, haven’t checked it the other way around).

The_Last_Ninja 06 January, 2016 @ 00:13

Where on earth are the Star Wars ps2 games ?

45.1

That would be an announcement for Disney to make. Keep an eye on their channels for news.

I though Sony were for the players, maybe you could find out for the players.

45.3

adumr82, that slogan was a typo. They accidentally put ‘or’ when they meant to put ‘uck’.

windsorblue01 06 January, 2016 @ 01:41

Could you please tell me why eu igc has an old psp version of patton game and the u s have new vita version of the game, as i thought we were both getting the same now , or will this question get ignored.

Every month you have igc complaints but treating EU igc as second class citizens compared to the US cant be acceptable in the moden IGC i thought this was one reason why we both had the same games now .

Hey Fred are we ever going to get Organ Trail in the EU regions? US had it quite a while ago and the dev said it was coming.

That make cry The fact they say “Prepare for another epic year of gaming” And Every month we get bad free games for PLUS, why you Dont keep The good free games? Like in PS3? Common Sony is not difficult to Put Assassin Creed Unity for free for PSN Plus accounts.

48.1

Xbox have rubbish too

warensembler83 06 January, 2016 @ 10:53
48.2

It’s funny that you talk about “good free games” and use Assassin Creed Unity as an example. I bought that one at release, and I felt so ripped off that I promised I’d never buy another AC game again (I’ll think about it if they stop doing one game per year and shake things up a bit). AAA doesn’t equal a good game.
I mean, I can see your point, but AC Unity or Knack aren’t good games, even if they’re AAA.

I hope Alien shooter would be with cross-buy. Vita version is unplayable.

Me and my cousin played Hardware Rivals last night, great little game that looks like it would be amazing with loads of people…but it was just me and him online. We tried all of the different game modes but could only ever find 1 other person to play against (who promptly left as it was 2v1 team deathmatch, i don’t blame him really!).

Did anyone else have this issue? I watched a few streams whilst at work and they all had multiple opponents, but we just spent an hour attacking each other as we had no one else to kill lol

50.1

At least you could farm trophies haha

Load all

We close the comments for posts after 30 days.

Edit history