PlayStation Music featuring Spotify app nears 11 million downloads

Find out what the most played tracks of the year were

As 2016 kicks off, we wanted to take a look back at PlayStation Music featuring Spotify, which we launched last year to bring the best in music streaming to PlayStation.

Shortly after launch in March 2015, PlayStation Music featuring Spotify quickly became one of the most downloaded apps in PlayStation history. And as of 1st January of this year the app has been downloaded nearly 11 million times, with more than 190 million hours of listening through Spotify on PS Music. We’re thrilled to see this level of engagement from the PlayStation community for a music experience all of us here are passionate about.

Last year, Spotify released its annual Year in Music lists featuring the most popular music around the world in 2015. To mark Spotify’s first year on PlayStation we thought you all might want to see what the PlayStation community’s Year in PS Music looked like.

So here they are – the top 10 tracks of 2015 on PS Music featuring Spotify:

• 679 (feat. Remy Boyz) – Fetty Wap
  • Know Yourself – Drake
  • Nasty Freestyle – T-Wayne
  • See You Again (feat. Charlie Puth) – Wiz Khalifa
  • Hotline Bling – Drake
  • Trap Queen – Fetty Wap
  • Watch Me (Whip / Nae Nae) – Silentó
  • Post To Be (feat. Chris Brown & Jhene Aiko) – Omarion
  • B**** Better Have My Money – Rihanna
  • The Hills – The Weeknd

Many of you like to listen to music while you’re gaming and with the exclusive background music feature through Spotify on PS4, you can easily soundtrack your sessions. It’s interesting to see that FIFA 15, Destiny and NBA 2K15 were some of the top games for background music in 2015.

Want to see what your Year in Music on Spotify looked like? Click here to get your Year in Music and check out the top artists, albums, tracks and genres you listened to this year, as well as cool stats like how many minutes, hours, and days of music you listened to in 2015.

Start 2016 off on a good note and sign up for Spotify through PlayStation Music (if you haven’t already), so you can start listening to your favorite tunes while playing all the new games you got during the holidays.

Did you enjoy this?

20 Comments 0 Author replies
Show oldest first
Jacko_the_lad 8 January, 2016 @ 2:10 pm   1

People don’t half listen to some rubbish on this, according to that list. 😛

Franzkill 8 January, 2016 @ 4:00 pm   2

Wow this list is just..worrying. No one listen to the classics anymore, you know Miles Davis, Feetwood Mac, The Doors, Rolling Stones, Kinks, Supergrass, Blur, Led Zep, Tribe Called Quest? 🙁

DieFliedermouse 8 January, 2016 @ 4:03 pm   3

PlayStation players like their hiphop & r&b.

As someone who already had a Spotify sub before it came to PlayStation, it’s a real bonus. Especially for Driveclub which would otherwise suffer from the lack of a soundtrack – being able to curate my own playlist is sweet! Vroom!

Do you know what would be even sweeter? If I could play custom game soundtracks from my hard drive like I could with PS3 (at least with the games that allowed it). I already own the music I’d like to drive to, why can’t I do that?

Rhetorical question, we all know the answer.

Onlytripleseven 9 January, 2016 @ 6:32 pm

Dunno what sixsix7 is talking about, but you can play your own music from USB (or media stream from PC) while you play Driveclub. I do that already.

It’s not a music machine. PlayStation plus?

Are you looking to improve the app anytime soon? The PS3 app is extremely buggy and the ux is terrible, having to scroll through all your saved songs.

Still think a Vita app would of made sense.

KilgoreTrout1986 9 January, 2016 @ 10:08 pm   7

I would really like to have an option to search for artists, you know, we 80’s kids used to follow and listen to our favourite bands :-///

realmadrid_19891 9 January, 2016 @ 11:06 pm   8

The big question is who hasn’t downloaded Spotify on their PS4, it’s like by far the best app on the system and by far the best music streaming service on the planet, best thing that could have happened to PS4! 😀

PureNomad 11 January, 2016 @ 3:37 pm

Agree, so good… just hope artists don’t start rebelling and pulling LP’s like Adel did with hers.

mondo-gamer 10 January, 2016 @ 1:01 pm   9

Enjoy your Spotify, we only had RDIO in Israel till it shut down.

Now we finally have Netflix in Israel, there is no one happier than me,
even if we have only a fraction of what the rest of the world have.

I’ll be more than happy if Spotify be available in Israel,
even with just a fraction of what they have,
it’s more than enough for me for a start.

I like Sony very much,
but Sony contribute a lot to separate the world to regions.

For now Netflix is the best App/Game on my PS4 🙂

The list just sucks.. how come nobody downloaded metal songs.

I wonder if there’s any metal songs.