Posted

Ratchet & Clank PS4 release date confirmed, box art debuts

Pre-orders are open now ahead of its April launch

Hey Ratchet & Clank fans, today we’re thrilled to announce that you’ll be able to pre-order Ratchet & Clank from… right this very moment, ahead of its launch on 22nd April in the UK, 15th April in France, and 20th April everywhere else in the PAL region. If you pre-order Ratchet & Clank you’ll get access to the super-awesome exclusive pre-order weapon, The Bouncer. Check out the new packshot art below, directly from the artists at Insomniac Games, pretty cool, right?

E3_2015_Mediakit_018

The first instalment of Ratchet & Clank for PS4 will tell a new version of the origin story many of you will remember. It features modern Ratchet & Clank controls, new planets, new and improved gameplay, all-new boss fights, new flight sequences and much, much more.

Coinciding with the major motion picture, the game tells the story from the perspective of Captain Qwark, so you can expect a different (more… Qwarktastic) twist on events. We hope that you’re looking forward to being able to romp around the Solana Galaxy once again with the whole gang – Ratchet, Clank, Qwark, Big Al, Dr. Nefarious, and the evil Chairman Drek, as well as many brand new characters – as much as we are!

Keep your Lombax ears open for more new news and information soon.

#07 - 20140604-0190#08 - Co_Op (5)

E3_2015_Mediakit_018

Did you enjoy this?

Comments

70 Comments 0 Author replies
Show oldest first

Why so close to Uncharted 4?

ligtningrod1 11 January, 2016 @ 4:07 pm

Some people may not want to Buy Uncharted.. Made myself lol there.

There’s a movie scheduled for release around the same time, the end of April.

StevenJamesHyde 11 January, 2016 @ 4:43 pm

This is just the first announcement of the release date – who knows how close to Uncharted it will be when both have been delayed a couple more times? 😛

funkmachine08 11 January, 2016 @ 7:56 pm

A Crack in Time and Uncharted 2 also came out within 2 weeks of each other. That’s how Sony balances the core players with the more casual players.

warensembler83 12 January, 2016 @ 1:06 pm

Uncharted 4 is already close to Dark Souls III. We’ll have to chose…

Acquiescence 11 January, 2016 @ 4:07 pm   2

Are you really going to release this a week before Uncharted 4? Doesn’t seem like a good idea to me.

Don’t think it is gonna matter much.
    Its £25 at release . Isn’t just day one sales that matter you know…

maniakplm 11 January, 2016 @ 9:27 pm

@footos22, are you nuts? 69.99.

Flying_Pig 11 January, 2016 @ 11:28 pm

@maniakplm – it’s £27.99 to pre-order on Amazon

@Flying_Pig it is €69.99 on Amazon.de – they’ve either not go round to updating the correct price yet or the rest of Europe are being seriously ripped off compared to the UK…

Njitram2000 12 January, 2016 @ 11:33 am

@Apnomis Nope, that’s normal. Amazon DE has always had the (insane) official price of 69.99 while the UK gets a nice discount. It also takes ages before that price changes while the UK gets a drop quite quickly.

Now that the GBP is worth more again, it seems like they get bad prices but it’s nothing compared to the rest of Europe.

Viltsu3000 12 January, 2016 @ 3:31 pm

@Footos22 1st day sales are not the ones that only matter…

Yeah that’s what I said….

@maniakplm no I’m not nuts. The Rrp is only £29.99 the same price as it is on Psn. gamestop have got it for £25 to preorder. will be low 20’s nearer release in some places.

@maniakplm it’s up to preorder digitally in the ps store for 34,99€

warensembler83 12 January, 2016 @ 10:49 pm

@Apnomis, it’s 39.99€ on Amazon.fr

LordRastan 11 January, 2016 @ 4:19 pm   3

I love this franchise, but I think the same, one week before U4 is the worst mistake you could make… think about the movie studios, they move their releases to avoid this situations, and they have far more mileage than videogames companys…

The good news, it’s due on my son’s birthsday…. so I think I know what will be the gift… XD

will people die if they don’t play both games on the release date?

MoistGeorge 12 January, 2016 @ 12:43 pm

Why even buy games on their release date, there is such an enormous library available on PS4 already that i will just do fine without buying either for years to come. Ontop waiting with purchasing games will mean that they will be patched up and probebly abit cheaper aswell.

That said i will be getting gem (and Uncharted 4, obviously) fairly soon, just waiting to see what their state of release is.

surrounded_ 11 January, 2016 @ 4:19 pm   4

That cover would have looked so much better with a simple blue background. All those faces of other characters make it look tacky and cheap. Minimalism ftw.

I’m sure the game will be great though. Looking forward to this much more than to Uncharted.

LordRastan 11 January, 2016 @ 4:33 pm

I will buy both uncharted and ratchet, but ratchet will go first -for my son- and uncharted will wait until ratchet is finished, as I don’t like to buy day one games I don’t expect to play in a while… and I prefer to support ratchet, it will need much more support than u4, this will be sold by its name alone…

if sony separate both launchs, it would avoid this situation though…

DoucheVader 11 January, 2016 @ 10:08 pm

IMHO they nailed the cover. R&C have a host of great Characters that deserve some love on the cover.

Think its a mistake putting 2 Playstation Exclusives a week apart, some people are just going to end up saving theyre cash for Uncharted provided they like both franchises.

LordRastan 11 January, 2016 @ 4:48 pm

I think youre right, and it’s a shame, if Ratchet don’t sell enough units at it’s launch, we wont get any sequels… I propose to all the ratchet fans to buy first this game if you cant afford to buy both of them…

If anything’s a mistake it’s that you assume we’d rather play Uncharted.

StevenJamesHyde 11 January, 2016 @ 4:36 pm   6

Looks great. Any news of a steelbook or collectors edition?

DrumsSlayer 17 January, 2016 @ 10:11 am

Unfortunately the both won’t exist. I asked Insomniac on the FB Page and they answered, that there will be only standard version of it. So dissapointing…

I love the box art! Gonna buy this game day one.

tombraiders 11 January, 2016 @ 4:38 pm   8

For god sake Sony, you are putting this game out to die a week before Uncharted 4. Put this game out in the first week of April worldwide and you should be all right. Release it the same week as the US at least.

fain2daniel 11 January, 2016 @ 4:41 pm   9

Doesn’t matter, I’m getting both games…

Witcher70 11 January, 2016 @ 4:44 pm   10

Fantastic! Day 1 purchase 🙂

Excellent, loved the first one. I very much hope they’ve kept the gold weapons and the totally over the top original RYNO 😀

Inherentdragon 11 January, 2016 @ 4:52 pm   12

I’m getting this and uncharted too..but more excited about this one! And hey,`first installment`? So does that mean this game won’t be a one off like they originally said?Woohoo! Ps I love that box art too 🙂

RodrigoSharingan 11 January, 2016 @ 4:58 pm   13

Oh look, another bad release date. Shooting one’s own foot seems to be popular now a days.

mrobinson91 11 January, 2016 @ 5:02 pm   14

Whilst I see people’s concern over this being released close to Uncharted…I’m not sure it will make that big an impact on sales. Out of all my friends, nobody is buying Uncharted but a fair few are buying R&C day one. We can’t be the only ones like this. Most comments I’ve seen have said they’re buying both.

ThreeWallzz 11 January, 2016 @ 5:03 pm   15

I kept on playing the demo of the original on PS2 more than full games I’ve purchased so this a complete no brainer for me

Domino2097 11 January, 2016 @ 5:03 pm   16

So is UK the 15th since that would be a Friday or is it actually coming out on a Wednesday?

Malik7866 11 January, 2016 @ 5:10 pm   17

As much as I love Uncharted, this is what I’ve been waiting for. I know a lot of people are complaining about the price, but they forget this game is coming out alongside it’s film and at a cost of £30. Regardless of when it releases of you really like this game or want it, they’ve made it very difficult to pass up on it.

Dejinator 11 January, 2016 @ 5:32 pm   18

I just can’t wait!…but I am going to have to…

Too close to Dark Souls 3, so I’ll wait.

AmorousBadger1 11 January, 2016 @ 8:58 pm

I’ll probably get both. I’ll want something silly to play alongside DS3.

Not enough time for both, and really trying to cut down on building up a backlog 🙂 so DS3 will take priority.

medenko1975 11 January, 2016 @ 5:53 pm   20

Very bad release date.

Captain_Dusk 11 January, 2016 @ 6:02 pm   21

Ugh the release date whining.

Most people aren’t so poor this is ever going to effect them.

thatoneguy314 11 January, 2016 @ 6:48 pm   22

Shouldn’t people be annoyed at them choosing U4’s release date close to R&C’s? This game has been scheduled for an April release since the beginning of 2015 at least.

R&C is a type of game that needs 60 fps. This will be equally crap as Nexus and Q-Force. But I guess I always can replay the ToD and ACiT.

CoolRichy007UK 11 January, 2016 @ 7:15 pm   24

Everywhere should get it and same time so im going to do a vote thing here 1 vote only

CoolRichy007UK 11 January, 2016 @ 7:16 pm

NA / Eu should get it R&C at the same time because its unfair we have to wait 5 days

CoolRichy007UK 11 January, 2016 @ 7:17 pm

Anyway the french will have to pay more to buy it the uk dont 😀

bluej1975 11 January, 2016 @ 7:27 pm   25

I said this when the U4 release date was put back 6 weeks, U4 will be pushed again til June to fill the gap in the summer market. Do 6 weeks first then another 6 weeks later.

for everyone complaining about this being so close to uncharted. not everyone will be getting uncharted. I for one will not. even if i was. i would not be crying about its release. this is a game alot of people, myself included that have been waiting for. not to mention younger people will be wanting this over uncharted. i remember playing ratchet and clank on ps2 as a kid back when it was rated teen+ before it was moved down to E. so stop complaining. get it if you want or dont.

Trollz_R_Uz 11 January, 2016 @ 7:39 pm   27

Oayk, so my question is, will bolts be as hard to get as the original three games, AND, will we gather RYNO schematics or pay a ridiculous amount of bolts for it (assuming however there will be a RYNO). I know insomniac will not dissapoint though, i continue strong faith for them!

I don’t care that it is so close to Uncharted. I plan on getting both and I will enjoy them immensely.

fain2daniel 11 January, 2016 @ 8:15 pm   29

Does it have co-op 2 player’s?

both games are different and can co exist no issue, no issue here for me

RubberManlyDuck 12 January, 2016 @ 4:12 am   31

I already have this digitally pre-ordered via the PlayStation Store. I am so excited for the release!

Argenis25 12 January, 2016 @ 5:19 am   32

Game looks so good. Can’t wait to play it.

Im looking foward to this game! I really enjoyed the demo!

EquilibriumStone 12 January, 2016 @ 8:08 am   34

All i will say is this: Where’s Crash Bandicoot??? Buy it back and remake 1,2,3 and CTR!!!!

NorBachee 12 January, 2016 @ 10:45 am   35

Dark Souls, Ratchet and Clank, Uncharted, Mafia and Total War in april… RIP wallet..

ZeroAbbadon 12 January, 2016 @ 11:34 am   36

To everyone asking why it’s so close to Uncharted 4, its to coincide with the release of the movie, and its targeting a completely different demographic than Uncharted!

LordRastan 12 January, 2016 @ 11:51 am   37

you tell, but the truth is that there are a lot of people planning both buyings, I will use my son’s birthday as an excuse, but truth to be told, I have more hype about this game than him… And, if you think about it, uncharted and ratchet are action games, one cinematographic, the other cartoonist… but not quite different mechanics (jump, shoot and explore… ) By the way, I think ratchet series have more replayability than uncharted, because of the gold weapons, uncharted only has the treasures. Anyway, as the pal from above says, rip wallet…

FatPrincess2015 12 January, 2016 @ 2:33 pm   38

Added to my PlayStation Store wish list.

CoolRichy007UK 12 January, 2016 @ 3:36 pm   39

22nd for ps store the game should be released 20th everywhere no early releases anywhere anyway the uk should get it 1st bigger fan base

No pre-order exclusive theme like the NA store? I can only see a pre-order weapon in the EU store. I might have to buy this game “over there” then…

justSamurai 12 January, 2016 @ 4:55 pm   41

Any plans for a deluxe edition or movie bundle?

StrikerXL_BE 13 January, 2016 @ 9:19 am   42

I’m so looking forward to this game! I hope it will play as good as it looks.

Stonesthrow 13 January, 2016 @ 6:10 pm   43

Can’t wait to play this and see the movie.