Posted

Rhythm-driven adventure Inside My Radio hits PS4 next week

Escape from a dying boombox in the new title from Seaven Studio

Hi guys! I’m Olivier from Seaven Studio. You may remember our first game Ethan: Meteor Hunter that was released on PlayStation 3 and PS Vita. Now we’re happy to release our second title, Inside My Radio, on PlayStation 4 next Tuesday, 19th January, with a 20% PS Plus discount!

Inside My Radio is a challenging rhythm-driven adventure where your actions must follow the beat. If you do an action off-beat, the music dies and nothing happens. You have to synchronise with the beat! Welcome to a world where music is your best ally: never, under any circumstances, should you play on mute.

23607751324_c2594aeaea_o

You’re an electro green LED, Taek, mysteriously trapped inside a dying boombox: save your disco and dub buddies to bring back the music to life! Journey through different worlds each of them having their own musical style and variations! Picture the game as a record where every level is a different track.

23868160039_fdc5d4fa0b_o

You are also free to compose the music of the game the way you want: either with your actions changing sounds during the level or with jam-zones where we let you pick up and tune the best sounds!

24235996375_58f07fd94e_o

Inside My Radio is a partnership with our good friends of TurboDindon who made the first prototype during Ludum Dare#23 where it won both the Overall and Audio prizes in the Jam category and came in second in both Coolness and Innovation! Full game also got its own awards by winning the Best Sound 2015 at Brazil Independent Game Festival, the French Best Soundtrack “Ping” Award 2015 and last week Honorable Mention in Audio Excellence IGF!

Now it’s ready for you, so tune in next week on Tuesday 19th January on PlayStation 4! Groovy!

18 Comments
0 Author replies

I will cut to the chase will it there be a vita version?

So you’ve just abandoned the vita audience after they supported your first title?? Way to go!

I hate to join the crowd but god, this game would be perfect on the Vita. It’s basically screaming for headphones!

3.1

You said it, Mister. This looks like it’d be perfect for chillin’ back on the sofa with my Bose headphones blaring away. Oh well, guess I’ll stick with Lumines for my one-man raves. Rain Dance!

X_Blood_Curse_X 13 January, 2016 @ 15:52

Hmmm not for me, but nice to see a PS+ discount on launch for once, we rarely get them these days.

No Vita love this time around, Oliver? Tsk tsk..

Olivier Penot 13 January, 2016 @ 16:58

Hey guys! Vita is not out of the question! We’re just starting with a PS4 version first and we’ll look into doing a Vita version.

CoolRichy007UK 13 January, 2016 @ 17:44
6.1

I recently got a new 32inch led hdtv smart tv thiss game will look good on it

6.2

I sure hope you guys makes this for the Vita as well, I’d buy it! Looks awesome but still something I’d prefer to play on the handheld format

Can’t wait! How much will it cost with the 20% discount? And any chance for a demo?

CoolRichy007UK 13 January, 2016 @ 17:43
7.1

Say if its $7.00 20% off would be $6.80 something like that im just guessing

X_Blood_Curse_X 13 January, 2016 @ 18:16
7.2

^ That’s not right mate. 20% off of $7 would be $5.60

CoolRichy007UK 13 January, 2016 @ 17:41

The game is on ps store but it only shows 3 avatars oh and olivier penot i got a game suggestion a music creator game ps4 int got 1 yet but i will buy this 1

I WANT THIS IN MY VITA!

I’m hoping this game gets a demo! The video does a very good job of showing the gameplay (and I really dig the music!) but rhythm games are ones you need to play to get a good feel for them.

^ This ^ The lack of demos this gen is absurd. I genuinely believe it’s damaging to the industry and definitely hurting smaller Indie devs. Last gen I played on both 360/PS3 and bought well over 300 XBLA/PSN games purely because I could try them beforehand. This gen I’ve barely bought a dozen yet there are many I’d love to play but no demo = no buy.

Looking forward to this

StevenJamesHyde 14 January, 2016 @ 09:15

Looks interesting. Sort of what Sound Shapes would be like if the platforming on Sound Shapes was any good

We close the comments for posts after 30 days.

Edit history