Posted

Greg Miller shoutcasts PlayStation VR shooter RIGS Mechanized Combat League in new video

The Kinda Funny presenter gets a look at Guerrilla’s VR shooter at PSX

At PlayStation Experience 2015 in Moscone West, San Francisco, we were overwhelmed by the enthusiastic response to RIGS Mechanized Combat League. Players donned the colours of the Dynamos and the Cobras and pitched head-first into battle for their teams. Over the course of the event we saw rivalries grow, siblings duking it out for dominance and heated exchanges in the RIGS locker-room we had set-up on the booth – exactly as sports should be!

For those of you who weren’t able to get a slot to play RIGS or even get out to PlayStation Experience, we teamed up with Greg Miller from Kinda Funny to show you what RIGS Mechanized Combat League is all about and give him his first taste of shoutcasting. You can see how he got on in the video below.

To see fans step into the role of pilots in our combat sport of the future at an event drives us on to keep building what we believe will be one of the best multiplayer experiences on PlayStation VR. Seeing the look on people’s faces after finishing their first game is something that will never get old. For many people, this is their first taste of what VR can do today and their enthusiasm for it can be infectious.

23 Comments
0 Author replies

This does look like a lot of fun – let’s hope the VR goggles are affordable to the average joe (like myself).

If the price is in the range of the Rift ($600/probably £600) that’ll be far more than I can rightfully spend.

Kinky_Friedman 15 January, 2016 @ 09:46
1.1

It would be strange to have a peripheral that costs over twice as much as a PS4. I think ~£300 would be a reasonable initial price for the early adopters. Then again this is Sony we’re talking about..

1.2

It will most likely cost 500€ with PSmove+PScamera.

AlucardTepes_DE 19 January, 2016 @ 04:13
1.3

It costs 450€ according to a Suice store in pre-reserve.

DraakvanhetZuide 14 January, 2016 @ 16:52

I hope it will go for around € 400. If sony can do €350 it would be crazy but €400 euro’s aint bad. I hope one thing that they dont hit the 500+ region. 350/450 would be great but 450 will scare away some customers so 400 350 will i think be the best for VR.

Making money on the software again.

I can’t stand Greg Miller.

3.1

Preach!

3.2

Yeah he’s not my cup of tea either but that speech he made at the game awards was great.
gIant bomb is where the cool kids are….maybe more on the east side.

3.3

He’s my hero.

Show more replies

I love Greg Miller! Kinda Funny 4 life!

Looks great and i hope playstation vr to not be too expensive

I’m in Day 1, just take my cash for the pre-order.
#KF4Life

Liam-sempai mixes up the queues for RIGS and the VR Hatsune Miku dating sim with surprising results.

Make Playstation VR €350 or under, solo, no move, no camera. I’ll get it day one. Otherwise only in 2017 when the price drops…or the next best thing comes along.

Greg Miller cracks me up, he’s unique and says his mind! More than can be said for most gaming commenters out there.

There is no way I can see this selling for less than 399 for the bare headset, anything less would be a major surprise to me.

8.2

They should expect rubbish takeup then. Especially with the quality of games shown so far.

VictorAnalogy 15 January, 2016 @ 15:45

I think “shoutcast” is the worst word ever. Everything about it makes me cringe.

RIGS is gonna’ be Biggs.

Not related but could someone help please?

I own the full digital version of Driveclub, but it has an end date which is the same date my Plus expires.

The full version is supposed to be yours forever, and I definitely own the full version as I bought it when it launched, before the free Plus Edition even came out. I also own the season pass.

I’m not happy about this at all, and yes my PS4 is set as my primary PS4, I’ve tried deleting and redownloading, and also restoring licences.

AlucardTepes_DE 19 January, 2016 @ 04:18
11.1

Has long you have full access to everything in the game, everything’s ok.

Has for the expiration date, just renew you +Plus membership, its a PS-PLUS game after all.

Ommmaroo11111 18 January, 2016 @ 10:19

dammm ps4 has a lot more ablites coming out!!!!!!!!!!!0-0

theo_andravida 18 January, 2016 @ 15:39

Too expensive to spend money on, if rumors are confirmed. I will wait for Hololens to get cheaper, or buy OCulous.

We close the comments for posts after 30 days.

Edit history