Posted

PlayStation Store charts for December, and full year 2015

Find out which titles moved the most units in the past 12 months

December 2015 was PlayStation Store’s biggest ever month for total sales, fuelled by a number of heavy-hitters. Star Wars Battlefront came out on top, seeing off stiff opposition from the likes of Need For Speed, FIFA 16 and Rocket League. Re-releases of GTA: San Andreas and Final Fantasy VII tickled the appetite for nostalgia, while Just Cause 3 and Rainbow Six Siege both debuted in the top 20. Take a look at the full charts below…

PS4:

1. Star Wars Battlefront (4)
  2. Need for Speed (3)
  3. FIFA 16 (6)
  4. Rocket League (5)
  5. Call of Duty: Black Ops III (1)
  6. Grand Theft Auto V (9)
  7. Destiny: The Taken King (12)
  8. Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas (New)
  9. Final Fantasy VII (New)
  10. Uncharted: The Nathan Drake Collection (Re-entry)
  11. Just Cause 3 (New)
  12. Battlefield 4 (RE)
  13. Tom Clancy’s Rainbow Six Siege (New)
  14. Fallout 4 (2)
  15. Minecraft (14)
  16. Driveclub (10)
  17. The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt (7)
  18. Tomb Raider: Definitive Edition (RE)
  19. Beyond: Two Souls (New)
  20. The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited (RE)

DLC (all formats)

1. Call of Duty: Black Ops III – Season Pass (1)
  2. Rocket League – Chaos Run DLC Pack (New)
  3. Bloodborne: The Old Hunters (2)
  4. The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited – ESO Plus (4)
  5. Rocket League – Back to the Future Car Pack (3)
  6. Star Wars Battlefront Season Pass (10)
  7. Rocket League – Supersonic Fury DLC Pack (9)
  8. The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt – Hearts of Stone (8)
  9. The Crew Wild Run (7)
  10. Rocket League – Revenge of the Battle-Cars DLC Pack (6)
  11. Assassin’s Creed Syndicate – Season Pass (13)
  12. Driveclub Bikes (5)
  13. Tom Clancy’s Rainbow Six Siege – Season Pass (New)
  14. Project CARS – Renault Sport Car Pack (New)
  15. Gauntlet: Slayer Edition – Lilith the Necromancer (New)
  16. Call of Duty Black Ops II – Nuketown Zombies (16)
  17. Batman: Arkham Knight – Season of Infamy: Most Wanted Expansion (New)
  18. Assassin’s Creed Syndicate – Jack the Ripper (New)
  19. Minecraft – Star Wars Classic Skin Pack (New)
  20. Fallout 4 – Season Pass Bundle (New)

PS Vita/PSP:

1. Bastion (New)
  2. Call of Duty Black Ops: Declassified (RE)
  3. Minecraft (9)
  4. Mortal Kombat (RE)
  5. Rayman Origins (RE)
  6. God of War Collection (RE)
  7. MotorStorm RC (RE)
  8. Gravity Rush (RE)
  9. Street Fighter X Tekken (RE)
  10. Uncharted: Fight for Fortune (RE)

PS3:

1. FIFA 16 (2)
  2. Call of Duty: Black Ops III (1)
  3. Minecraft (7)
  4. Battlefield 4 (8)
  5. Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas (RE)
  6. Destiny: The Taken King (RE)
  7. Yakuza 5 (New)
  8. Fight Night Champion (RE)
  9. Grand Theft Auto V (10)
  10. Gran Turismo 6 (RE)

PS one and PS2 Classics:

1. Crash Bandicoot (1)
  2. Crash Bandicoot 3 Warped (3)
  3. Crash Bandicoot 2: Cortex Strikes Back (2)
  4. CTR: Crash Team Racing (6)
  5. Final Fantasy VII (9)
  6. Spyro The Dragon Trilogy (8)
  7. LEGO Star Wars II (RE)
  8. Final Fantasy IX (10)
  9. Final Fantasy VIII (RE)
  10. Metal Gear Solid (RE)

With 2015 now firmly in the rear-view mirror, we can also now look back and see which titles sold the most units on PlayStation Store over the entire year. Destiny: The Taken King took the crown, but Call of Duty: Black Ops III and FIFA 16 were not far behind. Find out more below.

PS4

6. Metal Gear Solid
  7. Spyro The Dragon Trilogy
  8. Final Fantasy IX
  9. Suikoden
  10. Final Fantasy VII
Did you enjoy this?

Comments

23 Comments 0 Author replies
Show oldest first

“Call of Duty Black Ops: DeclassifiedMortal Kombat” next call of duty title leaked ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Finka_Karfein 20 January, 2016 @ 4:11 pm   2

I wish PSN had gifting option so I could make some Yakuza 5 gifts and contribute to its higher place in charts. It’s a shame PS Store still doesn’t have this obvious feature (I’m talking here about a simple gifts, not cross-region or anything like this).

you can always buy a psn card or the actual game as a digital code on amazone?, should do the work! 🙂

you can even make a new psn account, buy the game on it, and give the whole acount away, works fine on ps3 and ps4, but not on Ps Vita thought. The reciver just need to activate that account on their console to play it on their own account…

Great to see the two Suikoden games in there.

PMurphy1978 20 January, 2016 @ 4:31 pm   4

Fred, please don’t start lumping PSP data in with Vita. Vita is its own platform, I want to know how Vita titles perform outright, not mish-mashed together with the other handheld.

I can’t be the only one that this annoys.

It doesn’t annoy me and I suspect the main reason people don’t like it is because they don’t have trophies. I even play mini’s on my vita…just wish they would reduce the price of Hello Flowerz and Wizorb.

There are some amazing PSP games and they look fantastic on an OLED screen…at least 20gb on my 64gb card are filled with PSP games I bought very cheaply in a few sales last year

smokeypsd 21 January, 2016 @ 5:58 am

They’re clearly marked PSP and they play great on the Vita too. I think it’s a bigger concern that Sony seem to want to do as little as possible for a surviving system in spite of them.

Where is the Netflix app for Vita outside the US for instance?

—reposting—-

In regards to the most recent update on PS Vita states game media is now part of the system software. Would you care to explain this?

I get that Sony doesn’t want people playing Pokemon on the vita and otherwise hacking it. Fair enough.

However as it’s always included in the TOS, about being used in the region for which it was intended (prior to including game media) Does this now refer to the importation of physical game media? Is this region locking by the back door? Game media for the vita isn’t just digital but physical as well.

Will you please clarify this? I import a lot of games from Japan as I use them as learning tools (re: learning Japanese) and over half the people on my friends list also import games from Japan.

—now hours later—-

No response in regards to the wording of TOS that when I search the update the main articles concerning it are (drumroll please…..) how to hack and exploit the vita with 3.55 update.

I’m not asking for the moon on a stick. I just want clarification of imported physical vita games as game media is now included as system software. Too bad I’m satisfied to play Pokemon on my 3DS, because if I wanted to play it on my vita I could be…now instead of waiting to update so I can play Toukiden later and buy Big Fest

@Izorpo, I just updated my Vita’s firmware and both my Asia region copy of Sword Art Online: Lost Song, and my US region HDN Re;Birth 1 still work fine.

I can’t believe even SCEE would be crazy enough to go down the physical region locking route like Nintendo, as it’s one reason a lot of people don’t buy Nintendo products. Sure, the TOS states that using games outside your specified region isn’t strictly allowed; it has to in order to prevent people importing a game and then demanding support from their local Sony region when something goes wrong or they want a refund as they can’t play it.

However, in all the history of PSN they’ve never tried to prevent someone from importing, either physically or digitally. Sony as a whole still gets their cut of the loot, so they don’t care.

Can I ask where HellDivers is on the Vita list, the game spent months at or near the peak of the Top Sellers page on the Vita store app. How can that be beaten by Unit 13 or GTA on PSP, which only briefly made appearances. Can we get some numbers – or are you just making this up?

HauntedCryme 20 January, 2016 @ 9:43 pm   7

Where’s the Taco Master love? 🙁

supersmith2500 20 January, 2016 @ 11:36 pm   8

So PS2 games are now classed as PS4 (PSN) games now?

Well, I can say without a doubt, that we have very poor taste in video games…

I see that Sword Art Online: Hollow Fragment has climbed from last year’s #10 slot to #5 for 2015. (The game was the #1 Vita download here in North America in 2014, and again in 2015.)

It is notable that Re: Hollow Fragment doesn’t seem to have charted on the PS4 list for 2015. But then, it does seem that the Vita version of the game has performed best globally.

I’m surprised that Lost Song hasn’t listed, though. One wonders how well Hollow Realization will do later this year.

Mirabeau23 21 January, 2016 @ 10:27 am   11

MGSV not in the top 10 for PS4 and PS3 and Witcher 3 only just in top 10.

I guess making an amazing game and getting great reviews just doesn’t pay off.

Witcher 3 and MGS V are games that most of the people would like to have in their physical collection. Also, the awesomeness of the Witcher’s physical release (map, OST, stickers) made people get the tangible copy.

warensembler83 21 January, 2016 @ 1:30 pm   12

Yeah, I didn’t get MGS, but I ugually get the big games (Bloodborne isn’t on the list either) on disc.

sammYYYYY314 22 January, 2016 @ 9:11 am   13

Yay Minecraft

The PS1 Classics section of the store has been neglected in the past few years and I’d love to see PS4 compatability and more made available on the Vita like Future Cop, Chase the Express, In Cold Blood, Alien Trilogy and Destruction Derby 2 amongst others.

Oh and kill to get a portable version of PlayStation Doom (easily my favourite one!)

Darth_Retro 29 January, 2016 @ 12:56 pm   15

Surprise, surprise! December’s best selling game is Star Wars: Battlefront. A first class example of exploiting a franchise with a decidedly average, albeit very attractive, demo level charged at a full game price. Now standby for repeated, overpriced DLC in the form of different looking but samey levels whilst sticking with the same flawed gameplay. Ladies and gentleman, welcome to the world of Electronic Arts!