LEGO Star Wars: The Force Awakens is coming to PS4 & PS3 this June

And PlayStation gamers get exclusive content

TT Games began one of the most epic journeys of all time with the first LEGO Star Wars game in 2005. Now, 11 years later, we’re finally able to reveal that we’ve been working on LEGO Star Wars: The Force Awakens!

It’s a massive honour to be able to work on a game tied to the incredible Star Wars universe; there are a lot of people at TT Games who hold Star Wars close to their hearts with it being the starting point for the LEGO games — myself included.

We’ve covered the original trilogy (LEGO Star Wars II: The Original Trilogy), prequel trilogy (LEGO Star Wars: The Video Game) and The Clone Wars (LEGO Star Wars III: The Clone Wars) in great detail before, but now we get to jump ahead to Star Wars: The Force Awakens, which brings a whole host of incredible new locations, characters, Droids, and vehicles.

Have a look at our awesome announce trailer above… perhaps it might look a bit familiar to you!

One of the most amazing parts of all of this is being able to work with Lucasfilm to create new game content with the characters and locations from Star Wars: The Force Awakens, told in a way that only LEGO Star Wars can.

#07 - 20140604-0190#08 - Co_Op (5)

Through a strong collaboration with Lucasfilm, we’ve been able to create new stories and adventures connecting the Star Wars narrative, both before and tying into the movie. As such huge fans of the franchise, it’s a tremendous honour to have that privilege.

As part of this, we’re pleased to share that PS4 and PS3 players will have access to exclusive downloadable content in the form of a Droid Character Pack and Phantom Limb Level Pack. We can’t go into too much detail right now, but we can’t wait for people to experience the content from the film, as well as new stories in Star Wars: The Force Awakens!

Everyone at TT Games is looking forward to revealing more of LEGO Star Wars: The Force Awakens over the coming months. In the meantime — May the Force be with you!

Did you enjoy this?

30 Comments 0 Author replies
Show oldest first
RoaringMdog18 2 February, 2016 @ 2:05 pm   1

No vita love?

Also, no characters ever seem to die in Lego games, so yay! 😉

Awesome! Trophy support for Complete Saga would make me so happy. Or Remastered for PS4, I’m not picky 🙂

squall1604 2 February, 2016 @ 2:24 pm   4

and the vita version……lol

PMurphy1978 2 February, 2016 @ 2:30 pm   5

It’ll be interesting to know whether there is genuine ignorance from developers and PR Teams over Vita versions of games or whether it’s the way that the blog is edited. This game is also coming to the Vita.

Nuts I’ll need to buy it for the 3,4 and vita to keep the kids happy. And me too!!!!

I cannot wait. Nearly got the Platinum trophy for Avengers which is the only ps4 Lego game I haven’t finished 100%

A couple of suggestions, side quests while fun have become predictable. Fetch this, beat up x amount of baddies that, maybe with star wars there could be races against ai or friends in varying vehicles, jedi training missions or design your own lightsabre. Also could you give us the option to remove hints to fetch quests as they make them too easy, for example in Avengers the hint for the landing flags was on the screen longer than it took me to get them.

I love the Lego games way too much but I’m worried the licence is the only unique aspect.

Please please please do a Ghostbusters Lego that covers all 3 films. I have dimensions and own the GB pack but for a massive fan it wasn’t enough. I feel a new York hub with the ability to drive any of the Ectos to random ghost missions would be awesome.

Inherentdragon 2 February, 2016 @ 3:54 pm   8

Can’t say I didant see this one coming,but I still can’t wait! But seriously,I’m trying to plat Lego Hobbit at the moment so still haven’t even got round to Lego Avengers yet..give me a chance to catch up 🙂
But I totally agree with Lego Ghostbusters and Doctor’s got to happen..?

Is there a chance that the first three Lego Star Wars games will be getting remastered for PS4 and put together as one collection? If so, will it be available as a free download code with each purchase of Lego Star Wars The Force Awakens and/or as a separate PS4 Blu-Ray disc? And one more question, is Travellers Tales Games working on Lego Doctor Who as I am a big fan of both the Classic series and Modern series?

ThisBeRyan 2 February, 2016 @ 4:31 pm   10

Please please please bring the Lego star wars the complete saga to ps4 with trophy support… I loved that game to pieces 😀

Will there be an online mode?

Carnivius_Prime 2 February, 2016 @ 5:58 pm   12

Dunno about this one. I like Lego games (but please put online 2 player in!!!) but that Star Wars film just came across as mostly terrible uninspired cringeworthy fan fiction…

Also another vote for a PS4 remaster of the two original LEGO Star Wars games. I’d buy that in a flash too.

There is a Vita version too, you know…

JTthatswho 2 February, 2016 @ 9:10 pm   15

What kinda multiplayer we looking at? Both couch and online pleeeeeaase

blendercat27 3 February, 2016 @ 12:57 am   16

Nice. Looking forward to getting this on Vita.

Vita sony. remember you created it and lied to consumers about how you would support it!!! at least have some respect for your consumers. you’re pathetic and out of touch.

GIGGITY_GOO__ 4 February, 2016 @ 6:41 am   18

Lego marvel avengers is the 1st lego vita game I’ve picked up because it being open world like the consoles. If this next game goes back to just levels like the others I will not bother