New on PlayStation Store: Call of Duty DLC, Gravity Rush Remastered, Not A Hero

Plus, Naruto Shippuden: Ultimate Ninja Storm 4, Crypt of the Necrodancer, more

2016’s strong start continues this week, with a number of great new titles arriving on PlayStation Store. Japan Studio‘s marvellous open-world adventure Gravity Rush Remastered lands on PS4, anime fans can look forward to the latest entry in the Naruto Shippuden: Ultimate Ninja Storm series, and the FPS crowd can get stuck into the first batch of Call of Duty: Black Ops III DLC.

And if you like your games a touch on the quirky side, look out for boisterous 2D cover shooter Not A Hero and acclaimed rhythm RPG Crypt of the Necrodancer. Finally, don’t forget to download February’s batch of PlayStation Plus games today.

See below for a full rundown of this week’s new releases.

PlayStation StoreOut this week

• ‘Wicked Garden’ – Stone Temple Pilots

Out 5th February:

• Naruto Storm 4
  • Season Pass
  • War Thunder
  • Freedom Hawks Bundle

Remember, if you’ve not got access to your PS4, PS3 or PS Vita then you can also buy through our online store.

Free for PlayStation Plus subscribers in February

Did you enjoy this?

113 Comments 7 Author replies
Show oldest first

Crypt of the Necrodancer, finally!

Also, is there any chance of a PS2 on PS4 section on the store + webstore? And possible a sale on the games as well?

spacedelete2 2 February, 2016 @ 3:08 pm

they seemed to have abandoned the PS2 on PS4 games just like they did with PS2 classics so don’t get your hopes up. this is why we needed actual PS2 emulation instead as Sony are incompetent.

supersmith2500 2 February, 2016 @ 2:19 pm   2

Still no sign of Towerfall Vita and Gone Home?

Yet Gravity Rush is unlisted.

What happened to the avatars of Life Is Strange? They dont even show up on my download list…

windsorblue01 2 February, 2016 @ 2:52 pm

they are on the web store but only one showing on ps4 store front they have been on web store for a couple of days

Yeah… i just want to know why they disappeared, and if will be on the store again, with Max and Chloe avatares too.

Francesca Mead 2 February, 2016 @ 4:18 pm

The avatars should be up tomorrow as a bundle.

Thank you for responding Francesca, its gonna be free or paid bundle?

And thanks too windsorblue for helping!

Francesca Mead 3 February, 2016 @ 9:17 am

The avatars are now available on the Store in a selection of paid bundles, also available for individual purchase.

Thank you Francesca… these avatars are getting a kind expensive no?

SERGEANT-Q6R 2 February, 2016 @ 2:27 pm   4

Any news about pre-order games in qatar store ?!

No crypt of the necrodancer for Vita?

supersmith2500 2 February, 2016 @ 2:52 pm

Should be, just not listed like always.

X_Blood_Curse_X 2 February, 2016 @ 4:25 pm

Should have been the Vita PS+ game in my opinion, instead of naff games like Nova-111 :/

Francesca Mead 3 February, 2016 @ 9:18 am

Crypt of the Necrodancer is now available as a bundle for PS4 and PS Vita.

The-Aventador-25 3 February, 2016 @ 11:13 am

It’s not available yet here in the Netherlands. Are we having the Amplitude problems again?

The high price for Indie games on PS4 was easier to justify when a Vita port was included as cross-buy. Now that developers seem to be dumping it I can’t see me taking a punt on many games on release going forward. £10 for Not A Hero is the first victim i’m afraid.

INS1GHTFUL 2 February, 2016 @ 2:38 pm

i agree. The PS4 is more for AAA gaming for me whereas vita was perfect for indie games. i would have bought not a hero day 1 for vita, but cant justify it for PS4

I agree, I always saw it as buying the game for Vita and the PS4 version was a bonus. Cross Save & Cross Buy was a great addition for Sony. Seems like developers are dumping the Vita versions now.

supersmith2500 2 February, 2016 @ 3:11 pm

I have a serious feeling that Sony could ditch the Vita very soon. So many Vita ports are getting cancelled or delayed. It may have done well in Japan but it did terrible in the west because of Sony condemning it as a legacy device and even retailers won’t sell Vita games anymore.

flatspikes 2 February, 2016 @ 3:24 pm

I agree with the trend for less indie on Vita. However the machine is still doing great in the east so very unlikely to be retired here for sometime. It’s not like they’ll save money on advertising…

I know you don’t list prices anymore, but… how much will Digimon: Cyber Sleuth Vita be?
Will make me decide between PS4/Vita depending on the difference

Francesca Mead 2 February, 2016 @ 3:40 pm

For the same reasons mentioned on the blog last week, we can’t go into details about prices of newly released/unreleased titles in the comments section.

If I was a betting man I’d say:

Vita will be around £30-£35. (£35 is my guess)

PS4 will be £40-£45. (£45 is my guess)

Sucks that there is no vita physical release as would be able to pick it up for sub £30.

CommonComitatus 2 February, 2016 @ 4:04 pm

What Tee_Doff said. Assuming £35 myself as well, since almost everything that drops on Vita is that nowadays.

I’m revising my answer for PS4. It’s $60 so will be £50-55.

LordRastan 2 February, 2016 @ 2:32 pm   8

what happened to crypt of the necrodancer on vita?
also, seems unepic is a mistake…. it’s due alltogeter with the ps4 version (as the developer said).

Any news about towerfall??? Matt said last week it was submitted to you, and, being everything ok, due to release this week…

Lemmings Touch is still NOT free as of now. Do i really have to wait until tomorrow, since it’s discounted? (lol)

windsorblue01 2 February, 2016 @ 2:53 pm

yes they replied on twitter have to wait until sale offer ends

People who dont read the blog might still buy it for money from the sale by mistake since its a ps+ game.

Thats why they wait till tomorrow

X_Blood_Curse_X 2 February, 2016 @ 4:39 pm

Trying to squeeze £2.50 from a few extra people who don’t know the plus games yet. That’s really quite sad :/

Never attribute to malice that which is adequately explained by incompetence.

Di Di Di…
Di Di Di…
Di Di Di…
Digital Monsters!
Digimon are the champions!
Digital Monsters!
Digimon are the champions!
Change into Digital Champions to save the Digital World!
Digital Monsters!
Digimon are the champions!
Digital Monsters!
Digimon are the champions!
Digivolve into champions!
Armor Digivolve!
Digimon! Digital Monsters! Digimon are the champions!
Digital Monsters!
Digimon are the champions!
Digimon! Digital Monsters…

CoolRichy007UK 2 February, 2016 @ 2:42 pm

throws your digimon off a cliff into a train 😀

CoolRichy007UK 2 February, 2016 @ 2:44 pm

Amazing Discoveries In Outer Space will have 30% off all of feb it says so on the website

GrumpyMcGrump 2 February, 2016 @ 7:53 pm

why did you chose that terrible english opening? Oo

@CoolRichy007UK Why? Digimon fans have been waiting for ages for a new localized title. No need to be a party pooper.

@GrumpyMcGrump It’s the one I grew up with, and I think it’s kinda rad.

Lemmings Touch is still showing up as being priced, not free.

Lemmings Touch is not shown free for Plus subscribers.

Not that it’s a big loss.

it dropped like half price already in brasil , hope we get that too 🙂

The picture for Gravity Rush is wrong and the link just leads to a Flickr image.

Also, Vita compatibility for Harvest Moon: Back to Nature (PS1 Classic)?

Dude, i thought they answered to you like TWICE regarding Harvest Moon compatibility?

The answer I was given was incorrect, as the staff member replying had the wrong game in mind (as helpful blog readers pointed out).

Francesca Mead 2 February, 2016 @ 4:11 pm

The Gravity Rush: Remastered picture and links have now been fixed 🙂

From what I have been told with Harvest Moon: Back to Nature, there is a PSP version along with the PS3 version which is compatible with the PlayStation Vita. Are you unable to run the game on your Vita?

X_Blood_Curse_X 2 February, 2016 @ 4:29 pm

There’s Harvest Moon Hero of leaf valley which is a PSP game that is compatible with Vita. Then there’s the PS one classic Back to nature which is conpatible with PSP/PS3, but not Vita.

Please talk to Natsume about this, we’ve been asking since April 2015 lol. Thanks

Thanks for getting back to me, Francesca. I haven’t yet bought the game as other posters stated it was incompatible with the Vita, and I don’t want to gamble even a measly few pounds just to see for myself. HM:BtN is listed as PSP-compatible on the web store, but it’s unable to be purchased via the Vita, and the actual online product description itself makes no mention of either handheld (it only lists PSP in the side tab).

Unless you’re referring to the aforementioned PSP-compatible description on the web store, I’m not sure of the PSP version you speak of. That could be Hero of Leaf Valley, which I think works with Vita but isn’t the game I want. I’m specifically interested in purchasing the PS1 classic.

Francesca Mead 3 February, 2016 @ 3:16 pm

I’ve made some enquiries and the Store description has now been updated to confirm that Harvest Moon: Back to Nature is compatible with PS Vita. We also tested it and it works on Vita fine 🙂

X_Blood_Curse_X 3 February, 2016 @ 6:03 pm

^ Yaaay. That’s great, thanks a lot!

DizietSma 2 February, 2016 @ 2:54 pm   15

I do wish they’d released Gravity Rush Remasted with the Figma over here, as it was I bought the Japanese version so it’s unlikely I’ll buy it a third time. Thoroughly enjoyed the Vita game and the PS4 version is a marked improvement simply due to using the PS4 joypad. Having said that, I see the price on Game is £22.99 so it’s pretty well priced.

Last week’s rock band 4 Dlc went awol I see. The state of affairs with this game has meant I haven’t played much of it since it came out. I don’t know But you but when I buy something it’s based on product description and Rock band 4s description seems to have been a lie. Even worse it’s the EU ps4 players getting the rough end of the deal.

Fethennour 2 February, 2016 @ 3:08 pm   17

Lemmings Touch is missing from the free PS+ games.

StevenJamesHyde 2 February, 2016 @ 3:11 pm   18

Credit where it’s due – I like the layout of the post, it’s good to have the pictures back

shadownobody 2 February, 2016 @ 3:56 pm   19

Anyone knows the price for Digimon Story Cyber Sleuth Vita/PS4?

ramklov1993 2 February, 2016 @ 4:03 pm   20

Still no taco master for europe. 🙁

theindieboy 2 February, 2016 @ 4:30 pm   21

Any news on Gone Home andTaco Master or are we looking at a CS:Go situation where they are never coming to EU!

FortyPercent 2 February, 2016 @ 4:38 pm   22

Gravity Rush and Digimon Story for me this week. Feb’s a busy month.

ZeroAbbadon 2 February, 2016 @ 4:41 pm   23

FINALLY getting all that missed Rock Band 4 DLC!

SuperJay182 2 February, 2016 @ 4:46 pm   24

Anyone else having issues buying This War of Ours? It’s still sayings it pre order bundle but with no purchase options (on the web store)

That’s because it’s “pre-order”. The game is out. You can’t pre-order something that has already been released. The dynamic theme was a pre-order bonus only; that option is no longer available. The fact it’s still on the Store is laziness on the store team’s behalf.

SuperJay182 2 February, 2016 @ 6:57 pm

aye, dumb on my part not just searching it.. but yeh, lazy/oversight that the pre order version is still the main homescreen version.

Any new sales this week?

Look at all these games…NOT out today. Why bother with the pretence that Tuesdays are the Store update when only 20% of games are ever released that day? You might as well put it back to Wednesdays as that’s when the majority of Store games release anyway.

Oh, and when are Dynamic Themes going to get trailers? I respect we only have a fraction in comparison to the US, but regardless. Selling something without allowing the customer to actually see what their buying first is surely illegal?

PIREDERAS 2 February, 2016 @ 5:42 pm   27

Hi, can someone from the EU PS blog explain to me why I can’t purchase the 1 month PS Plus subscription, even though I have more than enough money left on my account’s digital wallet? The system only says I must have a credit card in order to subscribe. Guess what, I don’t have one.

So, what about it? Can you fix this problem dear sirs/misses?

Dark_Overlord 2 February, 2016 @ 6:19 pm

Ah, that’s easy and very crafty of Sony. When you buy a PS+ subscription, it sets up auto funding (read the small print) and then when your PS+ runs out it auto tops up. That’s why it demands a credit card, bit shady IMO, but you can turn it off in subscriptions under account management 🙂

Huh… Really? When did they introduce that? Back when I still bought my subscriptions in the PS Store, I was never asked for credit card details. (I don’t have one either.)

Nowadays, I just buy a code for the subscription on Amazon, which still does work fine without a credit card. (I just renewed my subscription a few days ago.) As far as I am aware, there aren’t any codes for a single Plus month, though – just 3 or 12 months.

Cool to see some of the missing recent Rock Band 4 content starting to show up.

Can we have an update or ETA on the Rock Band 1 export pack? I understand that SCEA customers can already download it.

Not even prices. Next time just take a Screenshot of the store and call it a day.

First month I haven’t downloaded any Plus games 🙁

SoulReaper80 2 February, 2016 @ 7:19 pm   31

Francesca, why isn’t Digimon avaible for pre-order? I found all the other games, but just not this one.. Anyone else have info on this?

halfaworldaway 2 February, 2016 @ 9:00 pm   32

Any news on the Rock Band 1 export for RB4?

Wraith_Bringer 2 February, 2016 @ 9:44 pm   33

Hi Francesca,

Just a constructive comment to help, would appreciate if you’d pass on the feedback and reply to let me know if you’ve read my comment. People on the UK store might struggle to find Dark Chronicle as it’s not listed in the PS2 games. Just before today’s update it didn’t even appear on the PS4 PSN store. I ended up finding a link too it as a recommendation from Dark Cloud. Wouldn’t want people to miss out on an amazing game because the listing wasn’t co-operating! Thank you for your time. 😀

Ullltimmmax hyyyyype.

PsyKO_Sasquatch1 2 February, 2016 @ 10:51 pm   35

i need some help, i just bought Bloodborne GOTY edition which gives the old hunters dlc too. but whe i downloaded the game it says that the game currently will run offline cz it wans’t downloaded completely but still lets me play the game and there is no dlc eighter. The game in ps-store shows its 32.7 gb but it only downloaded 5.98 gb which seemed wierd. is there anyways to fix this???

The game hasn’t fully downloaded. A lot of digital games will download a starter amount of data (the 5.98GB you mentioned) so that you can play the game sooner. I suspect it has to run offline because the multiplayer portions are in the remainder of the download.

NorthernFusion 3 February, 2016 @ 2:53 am

Fully download it and you’ll have access to everything, DLC included. Although it isn’t listed in the library as GOTY edition, so I can understand the confusion.

thehawkryan 2 February, 2016 @ 10:56 pm   36

[ PS Store in a Nutshell ] – Legends of War: Patton’s Campaign – Compatible with PlayStation®Vita only. Not compatible with PlayStation®TV. Compatible with PSP® (PlayStation®Portable), PlayStation®Vita and PlayStation®TV.

nulenvoid 3 February, 2016 @ 6:01 am   37

Those images are overly compressed whoever supplies them, the PS+ selection are fine but other games look like they’ve been compressed for 1993.

hbootsman 3 February, 2016 @ 11:02 am   38

Crypt of the necrodancer is still not up…

I am confused 😀 Is Lemmings Touch free then? Because it says it’s £2.49 on the store for me but I have PS PLUS? + on the PSVita store the PS PLUS Games are not there? i.e if you select PS PLUS you get 2 different games(which are not free anyway) Well confusing it is.

hbootsman 3 February, 2016 @ 1:56 pm

it’s because of the discount (yeah always nice to put a game up on discount and then put it for free on plus) they said on twitter that it goes free after the discount ends tonight.

egeberg84 3 February, 2016 @ 2:26 pm   40

Are you putting up ‘Crypt of the NecroDancer’ today, or is that yet another game getting lost in the EU certification oblivion??

Looks like some EU regions have it, but here in Poland it’s still not available. I suspect it got into some licensing problems. It’s a damn shame really.

Luizelgespuizel 3 February, 2016 @ 4:16 pm

Getting sick of this. Loon how SCEE will point their fingers to they publisher while Microsoft never have this kind of problems.

nitefighter 3 February, 2016 @ 2:34 pm   42

I thought firewatch was coming out this friday????

HeavenlyGuy 3 February, 2016 @ 5:40 pm   43

Where is Crypt of the NecroDancer? Its not in the EU PSN, at least not in Sweden.

Such-A-Goonie 3 February, 2016 @ 6:19 pm   44

I’m obsessively refreshing the store for Crypt of the Necrodancer too. 🙁

Crypt of the Necrodancer is still not up in the NL PSN store T_T

I spent the whole day refreshing PS Store site and no Crypt of the Necrodancer….came home went to PS Store through my PS4 and guess what? No Crypt of the Necrodancer…c’mon sort it out. The game is already available on UK store…once again EU store giving us the middle finger…good job *slow clap*

mellan_Konsten 3 February, 2016 @ 8:52 pm   47

Can’t even find Crypt of the Necrodancer through search, what is happening?

Mojo__Man 3 February, 2016 @ 8:55 pm   48

Lemmings Touch still not available for Vita?????

mm, well what did we really expect? That PSN would ever be good?
    I know I’ve given up on the European PSN ever being anything but badly managed.
    And I don’t even feel bad saying it these days but whichever team is in charge of it here. You’re doing a bad job and you should feel bad about it.
    No excuses about any old systems in place and that it was bad from the start. It’s your job, it’s bad ergo you are bad.

Crypt of the necrodancer needs it’s description translated, so it can be put in the psn store with the right language. Here’s what they say on twitter: The languages we need are: Dutch, Portuguese, Brazilian Portuguese, Danish, Norwegian, Polish, Arabic, Russian, Sami, Turkish, and Finnish. Email them if you want to tranlate it to your language so Sony can add it to the store:
I did the translation in Dutch, they sent it to Sony to process.

HeavenlyGuy 3 February, 2016 @ 10:09 pm

I don’t understand why it didn’t get released here in Sweden? We’re not on the list and all the game descriptions are always in English so why would it need translation here is beyond me.

hbootsman 4 February, 2016 @ 8:15 am

That is just wrong on so many levels, they didn’t update there facebook page about this, people are waiting for it to release. Very poor management on there part!

nulenvoid 4 February, 2016 @ 5:26 am   50

Awesome, Lemmings Touch sale has ended but now listed as $15.95 instead of free. It’s Thursday the 4th, 6:26 PM.

Load all