Posted

Mirror’s Edge Catalyst closed beta announced, new story trailer debuts

Sign up now for a chance to take part in the upcoming trial run

We’ve been dying to show you more from Mirror’s Edge Catalyst – and now’s the time. With this new trailer you will get to know Faith better through glimpses of her amazing journey – from carefree thrill-seeker to true heroine. You’ll also get a taste of what you’ll experience as a Runner: unique free-running and combat in the stunning yet perilous city of Glass.

This is just the beginning. In the upcoming months, you’ll learn more about Faith’s story, the world around her, and the amazing gameplay of Mirror’s Edge Catalyst.

Sign up for the Mirror’s Edge Catalyst closed beta

Some of you will be able to step into the shoes of Faith before our run towards the 26th May release is complete. We’re happy to announce that a closed beta for Mirror’s Edge Catalyst is coming for PlayStation 4, and you can now sign up for a chance to be part of it.

Stay tuned for more info on the closed beta, when it’s coming, and other details.

Sign up for a chance to play the Mirror’s Edge Catalyst closed beta

Did you enjoy this?

Comments

23 Comments 1 Author replies
Show oldest first

Trial Run……I see what you did there!

Averto_Nocere 4 February, 2016 @ 7:25 pm   2

Is the beta region locked ? I do not seem to find a way to bypass the fact that my country is not included in the drop down menu in the region selection during registering… damn , and i wanted to give the game a try :/

Ouch, feel for you :/

Vincent Vukovic 4 February, 2016 @ 9:37 pm

Which country are you in?

QuinlanLJ 4 February, 2016 @ 11:09 pm

Great to see a lot of countries excluded … AGAIN.

Archangel-91- 5 February, 2016 @ 12:09 pm

Yeah no Ireland EA really?

VasilisR_T 5 February, 2016 @ 12:18 pm

Same thing. And I’m from Greece. Could EA provide an alternative way for countries not included in the list?

Averto_Nocere 5 February, 2016 @ 5:51 pm

Greece , and i would love to be able to participate in the beta . Or at least have a fair chance of getting a code same as everyone else . I don’t get the point of excluding regions from a beta actually , i hope this issue is resolved asap , thank you for taking the time to respond .

PS : Friendly reminder :You can see the region our account is registered to by the flags on the top right corner of the comment 🙂

Averto_Nocere 7 February, 2016 @ 11:48 am

Although i doubt @Vincent Vukovic will ever be back to this thread to read the comments and reply i just want to get some things out there .

I initially commented on this thread hoping that someone who could answer my question actually would . Whether it was a Sony employee or an EA one it did not matter for me , i just wanted my issue resolved .
    I , as a Ps4 user and a playstation customer for years for some weird reason was excluded from the opportunity to join a beta and try out a game same as everyone else . The “region-locked” PSN accounts created an obstacle that i could not overcome : I had to be registered as a person living in a particular set of regions . My country ,Greece , (same as a lot of regions ) was not included . At the same time Xbox users and Pc users had no problem registering for the beta no matter where they were from .

To my amazement an EA representative actually responded showing interest to my problem , asking me a simple question “Where are you from” , be it that it was extremely easy for him to figure it our for himself or just give me the reason not every region is included in the first place , not just mine in particular . I responded and i hoped for a follow up explanation of the problem , instead i was ignored for the next 48 hours , hence why i am writing this post .

To conclude , I will not be buying Mirrors Edge or any other EA product for that matter , instead i will wait to buy it second-handed . My reasoning is simple , when a company treats a paying customer like this , and ignores his request for assistance it gives the impression that the company does not care for the consumer . Hence the product is probably not worthy of purchase . Great job Vincent Vukovic , its a first for me , seeing a community manager ignoring the community and making them NOT wanting to buy a product . Poor job really .

Ps : As for the Eu Blog staff , this complaint , to an extent applies to you as well . I am a playstation customer first , i wrote on the PS blog asking for a solution or an explanation for a problem that was created due to the rather stupid constraint imposed by SIE in the first place . People who are living outside of regions like US , UK , Germany etc are treated as less important consumers , getting products and services late and with a ton of restrictions . The least you could have done was show some interest to my problem and try to provide me an answer acting as a middle man . Big claps for you too ….

Before you continue to ride a top that very tired and worn out horse of yours, it may be worth considering other reasons why a beta may or may not be available in a specific country? The most plausible reason beyond you stating EA don’t care about Greece, will no doubt be the blame of SCEE submission procedures.

As we know, SCEE have a much tougher time than SCEA, and even Microsoft, as each game has to be put through regional submission, rather than the (more sensible) one submission that Microsoft use for example. It looks to me that some counties won’t have the beta passed through submission in time (yes, even public alphas, betas, and patches must go through the same submission) and so sadly have to be left out of the beta. While I agree with the argument that they should wait until all regions have passed, time is of the essence and I guess EA believe a beta test in half of the countries is better than no beta test at all.

I respect you’re disappointed, but stamping your feet and saying you’ll never again buy an EA game at launch (when the entire world know that’s BS) is sadly a tad puerile. Anyway, I’ll let you know how the beta goes.

Is Sarkeesian actually involved in this project? Can someone competent tell me?

She’s never been involved, that was just a load of internet hatemongers causing trouble.

rayna-monique 4 February, 2016 @ 9:30 pm   4

My bit now ea do yours and give me a code

When I click I forgot my password or try to create an EA account the page just closes.

assassin2k 5 February, 2016 @ 11:58 am   6

Super hyped! We’ve been waiting for the sequel for too long!

Archangel-91- 5 February, 2016 @ 12:06 pm   7

Hope this is good because that trailer was great and also EA can you start marketing this game more please because i hardly hear about it but i bet if it fails you’ll complain about low sales.

I loved the first game and the trailer looks great. Signed up for the beta.

First was crap. This will be too. Just stick with battlefield. That’s where the money is.

alice_push_lara2 7 February, 2016 @ 7:50 am   10

i would love to play this game in third person perspective
wish there will be an option like GTA 5

Nice

Jordyboppers 8 February, 2016 @ 6:44 pm   12

When you click register the page just closes?

Jordyboppers 8 February, 2016 @ 6:45 pm   13

Also the playstation beta area generally is broken. You are unable to log in as the page says there is an apache bridge error ? Ive emailed tech support but I am waiting to hear back. Wanted to play Tomorrow Children :(!