Ninja Senki DX arrives on PS4 and PS Vita this month

Tribute Games releases the ultimate version of its precise, action-packed platformer

Remember the 8-bit gaming conventions? Stories told in a five-second intro cutscene, man-sized shurikens, enemies bumping you into bottomless pits, split-second decision making, revenge!Ninja Senki DX is all about them.

On 29th February, Ninja Senki DX will be the third Tribute Games release on PlayStation Store. However, for me it’s the game that started it all! Five years ago, before founding Tribute Games with colleague and friend Jean-François Major, I released my first indie title: the original freeware version of Ninja Senki.

Making this game for myself, I wanted to create a classic 8-bit platformer focused on precise and rhythmic level design, like the ones I used to play as a kid. In my mind, it laid the foundation of Tribute Games because it crystallised the direction we would take with the company a few months later.

Ninja Senki celebrates its fifth anniversary. For us at Tribute Games, it also means that we’ve been in business for nearly five years and therefore, celebrations are coming soon! For you, it means an updated, tightened DX version which includes a remixed soundtrack, a new challenge mode, secret game modes, Trophies, refreshed menus, and a few redrawn enemy sprites.

Since the original Ninja Senki came out in 2010, fans have been asking for both a console and a portable version. It made total sense because after all, Ninja Senki plays like a console game and bears the screen resolution and graphical style of a retro portable game. So, here it is as a cross buy title! Ninja Senki DX will be playable for the first time in the comfort of your living room on PS4 or anywhere on PS Vita!

Before concluding this post, I’m gonna reveal a small secret here (spoiler alert)! Hayate isn’t the only playable character anymore! Another warrior seeks the demise of the Ninja Demon. His name is Musashi. Who is he? How do we unlock him? Dedicated players will find out.

Grab your shurikens and go get your revenge!

Twitter image24134636163_aabcef6eed_o
Did you enjoy this?

17 Comments 0 Author replies
Show oldest first

Cool! Always nice seeing developers releasing for the Vita, Ninja Senki is a nice fit 😉

OldHorn666 4 February, 2016 @ 5:31 pm   2

For Vita! That’s awesome!

I’d never heard of this; looks a hell of a lot of fun though. And on Vita too! Can’t wait to buy it.

Never heard of this either, looks really nice, I’ll be sure to pick It up for Vita on release!
Any news on Mercenary Kings for Vita…or should I give up hope on that?

HomessaHomem 4 February, 2016 @ 8:59 pm   5

I NEED THIS IN MY VITA! Don’t forget Mercenary Kings too!

This game is pixel art done right. Game has a great art style, and is not a scrambled mess that many 8-bit games are. Will definitely pick it up.

ooh, this looks like a sweet, really really sweet 8bit game. I’ll be here waiting for the 23 then ^^

Looks cool and good fun. Glad it’s a cross buy, but this will get more play on my Vita.
Any idea of a price?

Aces73High 5 February, 2016 @ 11:06 am

I’ve heard through the grapevine that it’ll be a more than reasonable $4.99 USD. So that’ll be what, £3.99? In any case, Tribute will definitely have my money come the 23rd. And my Vita will get the lions share of the game time!

Biig--Bouni 5 February, 2016 @ 5:26 am   9

Great game made by a great development team. Definitely day one purchase

I wish you dropped that 8-bit style thing. I liked your other game, Mercenary Kings but by far the most terrible thing about it was that my eyes bled as soon as I booted it up. Back in the day TVs were not as great and all the rough eges were blurred out. I’d so moch more recommend going for smooth lines, even while keeping the same level of detail.

Carnivius_Prime 5 February, 2016 @ 9:40 am   11

I will be buying this. Love the graphics too though would like a scanline option if possible? 🙂

howboutthisthen 5 February, 2016 @ 11:33 am   12

Shame about no Mercenary Kings on Vita but I’ll happily pick this up instead

Le_Baron_Farceur 24 February, 2016 @ 1:07 am

The VIta version of Mercenary Kings was officialy cancelled?
    Are you sure? I hope not!!

Instant buy….vita

A7X_the_killer13 19 February, 2016 @ 3:11 am   14

This is a free game on any PC ! But because of VITA , 3 bières podcast and mercenery king on vita , I will support the studio and paid for a free game

Le_Baron_Farceur 23 February, 2016 @ 10:39 pm   15

Hi there!
The game didn’t come out today. What’s going on?
(I live in France)