Hitman GO: Definitive Edition hits PS4, PS Vita this month

The acclaimed strategy spin-off arrives on 23rd February

Good news, PlayStation Nation — Hitman GO: Definitive Edition will be released on PS4 and PS Vita on 23rd February!

E3_2015_Mediakit_018

If you’ve never heard of it before, Hitman GO is a turn-based strategy/puzzle game set in the Hitman universe, but reinvented as diorama-style set pieces. For €7.99, this revisited edition of Hitman GO features all of the original game’s content and upgrades, which adds up to about 91 turn-based puzzles (some of which are particularly difficult to complete). Long-time Hitman fans will also recognise some old favourites like the Paris Opera from Blood Money, and the St. Petersburg Stakeout mission from Hitman 2: Silent Assassin.

DN_011 DN_020DN_CO-OP_004

Beyond that, here’s what you really want to know: Yes, the game has a Platinum Trophy! Yes, the game will be Cross-Buy and Cross-Save! You’ll also be able to play the way you want to, whether it’s with DualShock 4’s analogue stick or touchpad, or from PS Vita’s front touch screen. With its plethora of visual upgrades, Hitman GO has never looked better, and you’ll be able to inspect every detail of it more than ever.

We can’t wait to see what you think of our take on the world of Agent 47. We’re looking forward to reading your comments and hearing your impressions soon!

#07 - 20140604-0190#08 - Co_Op (5)
#07 - 20140604-0190#08 - Co_Op (5)
40 Comments
0 Author replies
StevenJamesHyde 15 February, 2016 @ 14:20

I’ve heard good things. Vita support, cross buy, decent price and a Platinum? Consider it a day one buy, and do Lara Croft GO next!

1.1

Lara Croft GO is amazing. In many ways its more classic Tomb Raider than reboot and its sequel. It forces you think.

1.2

Ditto!

It’s cool that you guys finally recognized Vita.

Though I’m not really fan of mobile phone ports… especailly digital only ones.

Why not bring to Vita a “Vita version” of Type-0 HD exclusive for PS4 which was ported to wrong platform because of “reasons”. It is such a shame that due to the wrong choice of platform such a game like this ended up as mediocre and forgetable game. Why not fix it? And no apart from dynamic lighting it is pure Vita level game.

Have to say, I agree fully.
I massively appreciate them supporting the Vita, with cross buy and cross save too, pretty amazing!
It’s just a shame the phrase ‘mobile port’ leaves a sour taste In my mouth, I’d really love to see some more support for ‘proper games’ rather than mobile stuff.

2.2

Apparently they tried to make the companion game of Type-0 for Vita, mobiles and PC in Japan but then the Vita version got cancelled halfway, honestly the news is quite shocking rumour has it that they lacked the power to port it not due to Vita unable to play it

@Reggyx3clover
They said that Vita lacks the power to run Type-0 HD not Agito Plus(later renamed to Type-0 Online). Which of course is just poor excuse that is far from truth. Like I said, the only thing which Vita is not capable of is dynaminc lighting that changes… close to nothing really. It’s like a difference between FF X on PS3 vs PS4 (minus few upgraded textures).

Even on PS4 it still looks like a PSP game… with some of textures upgraded.

Funny thing though…

Final Fantasy Type-0 was supposed to be mobile game named FF Agito XIII. But than they decided to abandon the idea and create Type-0 as a PSP only game.

Later on they returned to the idea creating game for mobiles… it’s really mediocre game that was mostly re-using assets from PSP game. That was so called FF Agito. It died out pretty quick because it was really nothing worth mentioning. Just another bad game from Square Enix like All the Bravest….

Agito Plus (which later on got renamed to Type-0 online) is just multiplaye...

Show full comment

@Reggyx3clover

Even on PS4 it still looks like a PSP game… with some of textures upgraded.

Funny thing though…

Agito Plus (which later on got renamed to Type-0 online) is just multiplayer simplified to the core version of already simplifed and bad Agito. I get the feeling that Vita is better off without games like this…. Plus I still see why Vita with god awful network connection wouldn’t work well with Type-Online which is just 4 player co-op.

Though I still want to play Type-0 HD in a way that it should be played… meaning on Vita. (and not via remote play)

Show more replies

Are those 91 puzzles included day one or will they release a few each month?

CoolRichy007UK 15 February, 2016 @ 15:42
3.1

All puzzles from the get go no monthly wait

… a few each month (each for € 3.99) or you can buy the Season Pass for just € 29.99!

:) just kidding!!!

@Barrow30 EA would totally do that

so will this game also be broken up into episodes like that other Hitman game?

CoolRichy007UK 15 February, 2016 @ 15:42
4.1

No its all ready to play all 91 puzzles from the start

CoolRichy007UK 15 February, 2016 @ 15:49
4.2

Everything is in the hitman go all puzzles none of that episodic monthly foolery all 91 puzzles from the get go aka from the start i researched this game fully all puzzles will be in it in Diffrent board packs in each pack is a map like a board game with 10 or so levels you can pick what board pack to pick all of them are in game fully with no having to buy new packs the ps4 version has everything added

Fantastic – some Vita love! This will really while away those commuting hours.

I bought this for 79p on Android pmsl.

CoolRichy007UK 15 February, 2016 @ 15:49
6.1

Now thats a hit man 79p lol

CoolRichy007UK 15 February, 2016 @ 15:50
6.2

Did a old hitman game have puzzles like hitman go did im sure there was

supersmith2500 15 February, 2016 @ 16:09

Looks promising. Would love to see Lara Croft GO and Dragon Quest Builder for Vita anytime soon. :D

Please Square Enix.

ste_the_legend 15 February, 2016 @ 16:20

I think the price will put a lot of people off. Mobile games are a lot cheaper.

It’s an ok game but I think Lara Croft GO is a far better game and more faithful to the original source material than this is.

yes, I got it for 79p form Google “Play Store” sale. Its probably full price now 2.99 or so.

Anything over £5 is a rip off.

counterUAVbaby 15 February, 2016 @ 16:33

Since you don’t release it on PS3 and Xbox One, I will get it on Steam.

counterUAVbaby 15 February, 2016 @ 16:34
11.1

Plus I have the game on my Windows Phone and it’s fantastic! It worth every penny!

Its a good game. I paid 99 cents for it.

Gloom12356776543 15 February, 2016 @ 17:14

LARA CROFT GO please !!!!!!!! :)

Vita version for me, please! :)

I’ll definitely buy Vita version! Hope to see Lara Croft GO for PS Vita too!
Don’t like playing on mobile phone.
And SE please reconsider getting the Adventures of Mana to Europe also, not only Japan.
Also waiting for Dragon Quest Builders, Dragon Quest Heroes II, World of Final Fantasy and Ikenie to Yuki no Setsuna for Vita! And please give us Chrono Cross on PSN already :)

I’d like a port of that Hitman: Sniper game on mobile as well, it’s really good, like the sniping challenges but would prefer to play it on console/vita

Lara Croft Go for Vita would be too awesome :)

Lara croft port to vita aswell?

StevenJamesHyde 23 February, 2016 @ 09:57

Cross buy is currently broken – potential buyers, beware

Bought PS4 version, still trying to charge for Vita version.
Hope this gets fixed soon.

Same here, bought the PS4 version but not cross-buy. Hope gets fixed soon :(

There is no mention of cross-buy on playstation store item for either PS4 and PSVita so will hold off until its sorted

22.1

Square-Exix blog say is cross-buy. Meh.

Just bought the Vita version but doesn’t let me have the ps4 version for free….. fix this!

Crossbuy will be fixed on March 2nd: https://twitter.com/FredDutton/status/702145436526755840

I can’t get Hitman Go for free for the Vita. It says I am not allowed to buy the content.
I did buy the PS4 version and played it. I can’t buy it either, but it won’t let me get the Vita version. Fix this.

We close the comments for posts after 30 days.

Edit history