New on PlayStation Store: Street Fighter V, The Escapists: The Walking Dead, more

Plus, Layers of Fear, Pixel Piracy and Rainbow Moon

Fight fans, it’s the week you’ve been waiting for. Seven years after its predecessor first squared off on PS3, Street Fighter V finally arrives today. Are your thumbs ready?

Elsewhere, it’s another busy week for new releases. Look out for undead jailbreak sim The Escapists: The Walking Dead, swashbuckling side-scroller Pixel Piracy, spooky survival horror Layers of Fear and the PS4 version of much-admired RPG Rainbow Moon. Full details below…

PlayStation StoreOut this week

• Costume Packs
  • Rainbow Moon

• Pearls and Coins

18th February Releases

• Resident Evil 0

• Costume Pack 1

Remember, if you’ve not got access to your PS4, PS3 or PS Vita then you can also buy through our online store

Free for PlayStation Plus subscribers in February

128 Comments
8 Author replies

Is Layers of Fear not being released in certain countries (Denmark)? People in the UK already got it on their store.

Also, hurray for Street Fighter V!
Might get Mitsurugi Kamui Hikae this week as well, even though the game took ages to arrive.

1.1

Layers of Fear not in the finnish store either.

These store-posts are getting more and more useless by the week…

1.2

Not up in Norway either. The only game I had any interest in this week, and of course we don’t get it :(

1.3

It’s a walking simulator anyways so I just watch a walkthrough video. Another 20€ saved. Thank you SCEUK!

Show more replies

I don’t think the Atelier bundle will come out on PS4 :)

That Street Fighter hype. Haven’t spent a whole night after work on a game’s launch in a while — until now. Although mostly due to disconnections…

Rise up!

Anyone know when the division open beta will be on the store for download?.
just wondering as the closed beta was on the store to download a few days before it went live.

StevenJamesHyde 16 February, 2016 @ 13:15
4.1

This. Should be up on the 16th according to Ubisoft, but I can’t find it on the store as yet

Should be up at 18.00h.

4.3

Nearly 7pm and no sign of the beta on the uk store so i just went on my us account and its on the us store so im downloading it from there.

Show more replies

Is the Atelier Plus bundle coming to PS3 and PS4?????

Ps4 is an error. It’s Vita and PS3.

5.2

Is it 100% for ps3 as well? Cant be bothered playing on my Vita anymore.

I’m pretty sure this is just the usual blog accuracy issues again.

Atelier Arland Trilogy Plus is still PSVita Exclusive as far as I know. NIS would have announced something before now if they were bringing it to PS4. The Atelier Arland Trilogy is available on PS3, and has been for a while, but that is the original trilogy without the Plus enhancements that the Vita got.

Atelier Sophie will be the first Atelier game on PS4, and that will be a multi-platform release on PS3 and Vita as well.

Show more replies

Street Fighter V avatars? Are we getting those or what….

Francesca Mead 16 February, 2016 @ 14:45
6.1

The Street Fighter V avatars will be released in SCEE, but I cannot currently confirm a release date.

Carnivius_Prime 16 February, 2016 @ 13:20

Street Fighter V Deluxe was £69.99 pre-order but now £79.99 which is more than the regular version and season pass combined?

As much as I loved playing the Betas I’m gonna likely wait to catch the game during a sale. It’ll cost me far too much of my money at moment and from reviews the game is very incomplete at present so by time I do buy it it’ll likely have more of the features it’s supposed to be getting.

Carnivius_Prime 16 February, 2016 @ 16:39
7.1

Oh now they’ve taken £5 off it to make it £74.99. Still a bit more than it was on pre-order. Is this going to be a thing now?

If you use web PSSTORE, you can see each week’s content update aroung Monday midnight.

So basically 12 hours earlier than this regular post.

Carnivius_Prime 16 February, 2016 @ 13:34
8.1

The store on PS4 had the games updated around that time too. I saw them before I went to bed. :P

Not all of them sometimes, though. But the same applies to most discounts, but again, only sometimes…

The Megadimension Neptunia VII Weapon Pack (the full one) costs €14.99. Buying the 3 packs (CPU Weapon Pack, CPU Candidate Weapon Pack, Gold Third Weapon Pack) adds up to €11.47. Then, buying the last 3 weapon sets (Compa, IF, Older Neptune) adds €2.97. So you get all the weapons for €14.44.

Why is the complete bundle more expensive than buying it this way? You literally stole €0.55 from me.

Been wondering when/whether we’d be getting The Escapists: Walking Dead! Good news!

Hoping for some nice sales tomorrow and hopefully the muramasa DLC will also be in that sale.
One can only hope… :(

To know exactly all new content and prices. Sorry if it’s in French.

Oh, and PSA for people who are looking for the new RE0 DLC costume pack: if you’re looking for all of them, buy the bundle, you’re going to save 25% from buying them separately. And the second pack isn’t available so…

Is Rainbow Moon for PS4 going to be cross-buy with the old versions?

13.1

I asked the developers on Twitter before and they said no.

I see, thanks…

StevenJamesHyde 16 February, 2016 @ 13:56
13.3

There was supposed to be a 50% discount though, right?

Show more replies
X_Blood_Curse_X 16 February, 2016 @ 13:30

Pixel Piracy is £7 on steam & £12 on PS4. Brilliant.

Not to mention the numerous £2/£3 bundles it’s been in. I think I’ve got about 7 spare codes for it

Wow, console tax, really? Meh, it won’t even sell and they probably end up putting as ps+ offer in the future… (not that i want it, already have it on pc and it’s not even that great)

Oh I wish the Atelier Plus bundle was coming to PS4 but I know it’s just an error

Layers Of Fear is also not available in the Norwegian store — this is a first for me.

Layers Of Fear is available on the Norwegian Xbox Live! store…

Any decent sale this week?

Street Fighter V…and that’s it

Before I forget, Adventures of Pip – which was in last week’s update post – is still not available in the Belgian Store. Could you look into this?

Francesca Mead 16 February, 2016 @ 16:14
19.1

Adventures of Pip will not be releasing in Belgium – it only released in certain countries at launch and this isn’t currently set to change.

So I guess this is definitely the end of “PS2 to PS4” games, right ? :(

20.1

I guess it’s forgotten about already.

Off to buy Layers Of Fear in Sweden.

No. Not available. What the ****?

Francesca Mead 16 February, 2016 @ 15:01
21.1

Layers of Fear will not currently be releasing in Sweden – it will only be releasing in certain countries.

Microsoft was able to publish ot for the mighty Xbox One; PlayStation? Not so much. Bang up job, PlayStation…

But it’s available in Sweden on the Xbox One store. And also on Steam. But not Playstation. Can we get a better explanation then “decision by the publisher”? Will contact the publisher then.

Show more replies

Quick question, The Legend of Heroes: Trails of Cold Steel DLC is available in full for the PS3 version, but there isn’t a single thing up for PSVita.

Is there any news on whether the Vita DLC versions will be on the way, or is this just a listing error on the store?

22.1

Trails of Cold Steel DLC for the Vita is definitely up on the PS Store

i’m seeing them, too.

I’ve gone to the product page on the SEN store, and only the PS3 version has links to DLC, all of which are listed as PS3 compatibility only. The store link on my Vita itself isn’t listing the game at all.

Show more replies

Did Towerfall fail certification again? :-(

warensembler83 17 February, 2016 @ 14:19
23.1

That’s good news, there might be a way, then :D Thanks!

warensembler83 16 February, 2016 @ 14:00

Is there a physical version of The Arland Atelier Trilogy Plus? I’ve read on the enUS store you need a minimum of 10Gb of free space and I can’t find a physical release on the usual EU retailers :S

24.1

No physical versions of the Arland Plus games except Atelier Rorona Plus for the PS3. They only have physical versions in Japan sadly.

warensembler83 16 February, 2016 @ 23:02
24.2

Thanks, XR-NOFEAR17. So, I’d have to delete everything on the Vita or buy a new card just to play this game. I guess I’ll have to pass :/

24.3

It are three separate games in one bundle. Each is 3-4gb.

No Attractio for the Vita?

supersmith2500 16 February, 2016 @ 14:13

Still no Shutshimi or Towerfall? What joke. No wonder why I switched to Nintendo 3DS.

Umm, why are you here then? I’d love Towerfall to be on 3DS

Atelier plus is only for VITA, you know. Another example of the legendary SCEE incompetence, come next week for more.

Layers of fear not available in Belgium ps store! Why isn’t available? Please answer.

Francesca Mead 16 February, 2016 @ 15:19
28.1

Unfortunately Layers of Fear will not currently be releasing in Belgium – it is only available in certain countries.

CoolRichy007UK 16 February, 2016 @ 15:22
28.2

Make a uk account n buy it but im not buying Layers of fear its just a walking simulator

28.3

Support in Europe has been becoming more awful. When do we get one EU store because this is getting a joke now!

Show more replies
CoolRichy007UK 16 February, 2016 @ 15:21

Layers of fear should be in other countrys this is not on all games should be in all countrys its discusting getting your hopes up 4 a game then it dont get added to ur region store this has got to stop sony

Why not?

CoolRichy007UK 16 February, 2016 @ 15:24

Your walking on thin ice with your attitude fella dont you dare be rude to francesca its not her the game isnt fetting added to ur ps store so just CHILL OUT WILL U

Im just asking why not being rude, sorry.

CoolRichy007UK 16 February, 2016 @ 15:30

I was talking about the other guy being rude to francesca not you desertsnake99

33.1

Ow ok sorry my bad xD

CoolRichy007UK 16 February, 2016 @ 15:37
33.2

I just dont like rude people who take frustration out on sony staff when they work so hard if it wasnt 4 them There would not be a ps store

Layers Of Fear; developed by a European studio — not available in most European countries if published by Sony CEE. Microsoft is able to publish in Europe! “This isn’t for the players.”

According to the developer’s twitter page Layers Of Fear will be releasing a day later in other countries. Here’s hoping most of us can buy it then.

35.1

So either the dev’s rep or Francesca Mead, PS Store & Plus Community Coordinator, SCEUK doesn’t have a clue. Hopefully it’s Francesca.

I already bought it from the UK store anyway, kinda sick and tired of all the games that don’t release in the Netherlands. At least now I can buy whatever I want.

Francesca Mead 16 February, 2016 @ 17:34
35.3

As per my previous comments, when a game isn’t available at launch in a certain country, we cannot necessarily comment on whether it will be available any time soon. Please keep an eye on developer and publisher channels for more precise information regarding release dates, as you have already done so :)

Show more replies

Any news on Organ Trail or Towerfall Ascension for Vita?

Hi Francesca

Just a quick question is 101 Ways to Die and Super Blast Deluxe coming to SCEE?

Francesca Mead 17 February, 2016 @ 10:23
37.1

101 Ways to Die is currently scheduled for a late March release, and Super Blast Deluxe will be coming to SCEE but I don’t have a release date.

37.2

Thank you Francesca, really appreciate it :)

Man, Belgium… no, a lot of European countries are just getting shafted with these latest updates huh.

38.1

What did you expect from SCEE. They have become worse since the release of the PS4.

I expected the whole point of PS4, and next-gen in general, to be #4theplayers. The sad part is, the only thing that came close to that was bringing PS2 classics – most notably Dark Cloud and its sequel – to the Playstation Store.

Wiil rainbow moon be free as I have already brought it on the ps3

PLEASE bring ‘Scramble’ and ‘Bubble Bobble’ (on the Japanese PSN Store of the Arcade Archives collection) to the UK(& Europe) :( LOVE those games :P

Is Layers of Fear being released in The Netherlands? Since it’s not in the store.
Could you perhaps post a list of the countries the game is being released in.

Any news on Tron Run/r it’s disappeared from the list of games above. Wasn’t it meant to be released this week. Any news.

42.1

I came to ask the same question :/ I turned my PS4 on this evening keen to purchase. The weird thing is there was even a launch trailer video on youtube (albeit the Playstation channel and not Playstation UK).

Francesca Mead 17 February, 2016 @ 10:23
42.2

Tron Run/r will be coming out on the 23rd, which is why it’s not in this week’s update.

Francesca, Please don’t do that, Insulting us by removing a title and then flat out refusing to acknowledge its existence. We know it was there the developer had stated this week on several “Suggested” Facebook posts. Now, fortunately for Sony it looks like it has been delayed until 1st of March on Xbox One. Just by looking at their store listing for it you can see the release date. We know SCEE’s Q&A department is far from being fit for purpose. The whole different languages argument disappears in an instant when you notice Xbox has the same issue yet can deliver on time.

It’s time to start being honest, we had all of this ‘Need to Know’ BS with Jawad, it wasn’t appreciated then and it won’t wash now.

We are you consumer base. Without us there wouldn’t be a PlayStation platform to publish on it’s time you fed that to whoever likes to tell you not to give out the relevant information.

While we are on the point. Rock Band 4, Get it sorted. No excuses, we have had enough.

Show more replies
AussieOutsider 16 February, 2016 @ 22:47

I was about to post a comment on here about the lack of Rock Band 4 DLC once again, but apparently even though it’s in the store you can’t even list it here. But hey, should be used to being screwed over with Rock Band content here, still waiting months on for old content to be ported over, still waiting for Exports, etc etc.

ManikwithaNine 17 February, 2016 @ 02:50

A brief description for the games would have been nice.

ManikwithaNine 17 February, 2016 @ 02:54
44.1

I don’t know any of those games apart from street fighter and gta

44.2

Google it. You really think SCEE would give something?

44.3

*about it

i asked last week and i’ll ask again and again where’s Dragon Age Inquisition DLC? i can’t find it in the Saudi Arabia Store and the UAE store?

Really torn on Rainbow Moon now, I have both the VIta and PS3 versions, Do I want to buy it again £6.49? It’s not a lot of money and I’m sure that the money will go towards Rainbow Skies but I can’t help but feel there shouldn’t be a charge. :/

Well Crypt of the Necrodancer is FINALLY up for the vita in The Netherlands.

Don’t get your hopes up too much for Layers of Fear on PS4, it runs like total garbage with load of framerate drops, stuttering and screen tearing, technicaly its a hot mess. I bought it and regret is as hell

Wouldn’t it be fun if that turned out to be the reason — and, no refund for those that bought it on Day 1!

Thanks francesca mead will look forward Tron Run/r next week. Also you don’t know the UK release date for Gemini: Heroes Reborn do you as that’s another title I’m looking forward to and America have had it for like three weeks now. Any news. Thanks

The following DLC items for Megadimension Neptunia VII are missing:

Rom’s Weapon Set, Ram’s Weapon Set, Older Neptune’s Weapon Set, Compa’s Weapon Set, IF’s Weapon Set, B-Sha’s Weapon Set, C-Sha’s weapon Set, K-Sha’s Weapon Set, S-Sha’s Weapon Set, Wonderland Processor Unit.

I should specify that this is on the game’s own DLC page, as they are in the “new this week” page, though the Wonderland processor unit is just missing from the store altogether.

Load all

We close the comments for posts after 30 days.

Edit history