Posted

New on PlayStation Now this week: Batman Arkham City, Mortal Kombat, Injustice, more

A raft of new titles and features join our game streaming service today

News flash: today is National Random Act of Kindness Day, and here at PlayStation HQ we’re somewhat overcome by the spirit of altruism. So far today I’ve already helped three old ladies cross the road, solved world peace and baked brownies for the entire marketing floor.

Okay, so I held the door open for Jim Ryan. But it all counts!

Now, providing you with an amazing game streaming experience is our job, but we thought we’d go the extra mile with today’s Warner Bros. content drop.

With a myriad of acclaimed PS3 blockbusters, including a swarm of Batman classics – from the ground-breaking Arkham franchise to the family favourite LEGO series, with Injustice thrown in for good measure – there’ll be no end to the “goodwill” that’s dealt in Gotham.

To top it all off we’re easing your muggle struggles with the stupefying LEGO Harry Potter series and one of the world’s koolest fighting games.

Here’s what we’ve just added to your ever expanding library:

E3_2015_Mediakit_018

Meanwhile, our fantastic PS Now team have been working tirelessly behind the scenes to give you a constantly improving service. We’re pleased to announce the launch of our newest feature: My List. Now you can keep track of what you want to play, whether you have a PS Now subscription or not. Simply select your favourite titles on the app by pressing the X button to open the game page, choose “My List”, pick up to 50 of your most wanted PS Now titles and get easy access to your fave games.

What’s that you say? More? Go on then. Here’s something to whet your appetite for our next drop.

E3_2015_Mediakit_018

Remember: for best results, use a wired connection.

If you’re not a subscriber yet then there’s no better time to join the gaming revolution – get your one week free trial today by heading to PlayStation Store on your PS3 or PS4 to download the PlayStation Now app, browse the games available and start streaming your favourite PS3 titles straight away. Once you’ve enjoyed your free trial, you can continue to experience the freedom to play for just £12.99 per month.

No PS Vita, PS3 or PS4? No problem. You can also access PS Now via PlayStation TV and select compatible Sony Blu-ray players and Sony Bravia TVs. Just connect your Dualshock 4 controller to one of those listed devices to take your gaming to another dimension.

Thanks for reading… and with 160 titles now in the library, you can save the world one game at a time!

Did you enjoy this?

Comments

45 Comments 0 Author replies
Show oldest first

What Square Enix games are available in the UK for it?

None, Square Enix removed their games around the beginning of September last year. I think its because they were trying to start a competing service of their own but they recently shut that down so hopefully they will return.

Are there any plans to bring the souls games to PS NOW?

ollie_uk_2008 17 February, 2016 @ 1:57 pm   3

oo good update ! is this going be a weekly/ monthly thing now

Any chance of yakuza 5 being added?

JediKnight246 17 February, 2016 @ 6:10 pm

Yakuza 5 is one of the games that would benefit most from being on PlayStation Now. Being a PS3 exclusive when it’s 2016 now can’t be helping that game. The whole series being on there would be even better.

Still no ed games like yakuza 3 and 4 badly , top spin 4 aswell PLEASE!!! Also this is a small but very big thing for me and I’m not sure anyone else bothers but I hate that a lot of the thumbnails for games u guys use are low res and look blurry , the u.s PS now are all very sharp and look awesome and inviting to play

INS1GHTFUL 17 February, 2016 @ 2:09 pm   6

Nice. I’m looking forward to journey and the psp God of war games.
I know a lot of people talk badly about it, but I love PSNow. It expands the vita’s library which is awesome

More games to pay for again! Not getting enough making us rebuy PS2 games?

Sony, why are you the only ones who throw away our digital libraries? Xbox, Wii and steam all have backwards compatibility with digital purchases (and physical sometimes!). You are giving us nothing.

INS1GHTFUL 17 February, 2016 @ 5:27 pm

No one is forcing you to pay and no one is taking your previous purchases on PS3 or ps4. If you want to sign up and use psnow you can. If you don’t want to then that’s cool too. It’s your choice but you’re not losing anything by Sony offering this service for people that are interested

Your library is still intact. if you love your Ps3 games play them on a PS3.
    Emulation on ps4s weak cpu is never gonna be possible.

StevenJamesHyde 17 February, 2016 @ 2:22 pm   8

“keep track of what you want to play, whether you have a PS Now subscription or not”

Excellent feature, will hopefully make it easier to spot the precise moment when there’s a sufficient critical mass of games on there to make it worth subscribing

Now might be the time to see how many Lego plats I can get in the space of a single week’s free trial…

Remember: for best results, use a PS3.

Alexiel-FR 23 February, 2016 @ 1:07 pm

or having a free backward compatibility available at no cost, cos Ps now could be cool if EVERY single title released on ps3 didital or disc would be here at launch, i dont understand why sony add 5 games in average per month to the small library of ps3 games… it’s running via streaming, the whole library should be aivailable, and the minimum thing to do is play for free anytime you want all the game you purchased at least digitally , PS now is really a shame, sony will never make the effort to make a real PS3 BC on ps4, they could have done it, MS have managed to do it, by translating Power Pc architecture translated in X86 x 64 intel, like apple did when they shift from power to intel on their macs… sony could have done it, but seeing sony domination for this gen, i think they wont make the effort … and we still dont know if the game we bought on xbox one and PS4 are garanteed to be BC on the next system … it’s a huge concern to me, cos i own all consoles, and i’m happy when a good BC is implemented. the Ps now will never make it to europe, it will stay in USA canada and UK, cos they dont make money and the service will perish before entering to europe. i’m 100% about this. it’s a shame sony soesnt do the effort to bring at least didtal PSN titles BC to ps4 of purchased PS3 games…

spacedelete2 17 February, 2016 @ 2:47 pm   10

i’m interested how much money this PS Now service is costing Sony. it can’t be cheap. it would have been better to just give us backwards compatibility and scrap PS Now before it bleeds even more money from you Sony.

ZeroAbbadon 18 February, 2016 @ 1:05 pm

Except that the PS3 is basically un-emulatable due to its unique architecture.

GrumpyMcGrump 17 February, 2016 @ 2:50 pm   11

any news on when its available in other countries?

xiuyinghong 17 February, 2016 @ 3:05 pm   12

No thanks, I want to own my games, not pay extortionate prices to borrow access to them for a bit.

spacedelete2 17 February, 2016 @ 3:09 pm   13

also the Batman games are rumored to be getting remastered by the summer just to let people know.

Nazar_Ops 17 February, 2016 @ 3:44 pm   14

Sooo… When will you expand the service to more countries? PS Now has been out for almost two years now in the UK, maybe time to release in more areas?

fps_d0minat0r 17 February, 2016 @ 4:47 pm

I’m sure they have other priorities than an expensive streaming service for which there is little demand.

lol, when they’re done done working on the video-service for other countries.
    Let me tell you now: PS Now will NEVER come to Sweden. If it’s something cool we want you can bet it’s not coming.

It must be frustrating but last month they did say they were working on other countries in Europe. Didn’t give a date though. We’ve had it for a year in the UK and are still in beta and America for almost two years I think so hopefully a big roll out will be soon.

@Zimon
    It’s not up to SCEE.

Some time ago on PS Blog I wrote that SONY will have to let other countries use their services because that’s what EU law will require.

Read more about it here:

Remember how in December Netflix announced that it will be available in all EU? It’s not really out of their good will, they had to do it because of EU law. The same will happen with PS NOW.

wired.co.uk/news/archive/2015-12/09/netflix-bbc-iplayer-available-abroad

Bit shame that SONY is using “EU argument” only when they need to justify made up stuff. Such as that they can’t provide price for all products because it can be misleading.

night_chills 19 February, 2016 @ 8:14 pm

imagine thinking that every country has broadband capabilities like the uk? the uk is lucky for things like this, as broadband can hit ‘most homes’ in the uk, and why shouldn’t it! a close population would easily benefit any telecommunications company who will install

flatspikes 17 February, 2016 @ 4:01 pm   15

Quite delighted with the extra titles. The service is priced too highly for me to be a regular but when I’m on holiday up at the inlaws (like now) £11 (after credit discount) is well worth it. If only they got the price of this and plus combined at the right level I’d never cancel.

From the Vita angle it really gives an overwhelming amount of content to add to the indies and Japanese title I usually play.

XR-NOFEAR17 17 February, 2016 @ 4:55 pm   16

With the support SCEE gives PS Now. It is going to be killed like they did with the PS Vita before it is even alive.

CluckNuggets 17 February, 2016 @ 6:58 pm   17

Rainbow Moon has been re-released on PS4. Back when they announced it was on the way, the developer said it would be “Most Likely” a cross-play game. I’m fairly disappointed really.

I have to say, this culture of re-buying things you’ve already bought isn’t very good. Other console and computing companies have a different sense of value to Sony, they might not be doing so well but they certainly go the extra mile. Just saying.

CluckNuggets 17 February, 2016 @ 11:03 pm

You know, Microsoft says that they have backwards compatibility, They’ll enable us to play the games we bought on Xbl Arcade for free and any full priced games supported.

Nintendo says, if you bought a game from our Wii store and there’s a Wii U version, we’ll give you the Wii U version for free.

Then you have Sony. Remember those PS3 games you bought just last year? We’re releasing them on PS4 for £20, remember those digital playstation network games you bought for PS3/Vita? Go and buy them again for £11.99.

They really suck.

MoFoMedia 18 February, 2016 @ 8:43 pm

It is cross-play, just not cross-buy

CluckNuggets 18 February, 2016 @ 11:44 pm

“is rainbow moon cross buy ? we shouldn’t have to buy it again.” -spacedelete2

“Most likely, yes” -Marcus Pukropski

realmadrid_19891 18 February, 2016 @ 9:47 am   18

Better give us folders and sign in notification now or I’m going to explode, pathetic that over 2 years later from launch we still are not able to store our games and apps into folders and see when our friends sign in, those are basic features that any console should be able to do.

ZeroAbbadon 18 February, 2016 @ 1:07 pm

I also want to be able to hide games from my library for if I no longer own them but have DLC, or I downloaded them but didn’t like them, or for demos and betas I’ll never download again.

mickey8mouse636 18 February, 2016 @ 2:07 pm   19

Is there any news on Assassins Creed titles coming to PSN I’ve had a subscription since it started and every month I look for them, but to no avail

RageofReaper 18 February, 2016 @ 8:19 pm   20

Bully Bully Bully Bully Bully Bully Bully Bully Bully Bully Bully Bully Bully Bully Bully Bully Bully Bully Bully Bully Bully Bully Bully Bully Bully Bully Bully Bully Bully Bully Bully Bully Bully Bully Bully Bully Bully Bully Bully Bully

Bully. PLEASE AND THANK YOU.

MoFoMedia 18 February, 2016 @ 8:42 pm   21

A service I will never be able to use because I’m Dutch. Thanks…

AeneaZiggo 18 February, 2016 @ 11:19 pm

Early this year you could sign up for a beta for PS Now for several other EU countries, including The Netherlands.

Also, when the beta was free for a bit in the UK I tested it with an UK account and it was actually fast enough to play. Only tested it for an hour, I was curious, since I won’t be getting the trophies on my regular account when using an UK one 😉

MoFoMedia 22 February, 2016 @ 1:32 pm

Got in the beta for my UK account, not for my NL account. It having been in beta doesn’t say anything about it coming it here or not though…

smokeypsd 19 February, 2016 @ 7:00 am   22

This is such an amazing service, especially for Australia with our broadband infrastructure, oh wait!

KOP_Oddesy 19 February, 2016 @ 10:19 am   23

Great addition cant wait to go back to these. Now only if you added Assassin’s Creed games that you have on US PS Now then I would be a very happy gamer!

Any plans to allow My List to keep track of games that don’t exist on PS Now and get notified when they become available? Want to play lots of games on PS Now, but non of them are available yet.

Lynx20036 19 February, 2016 @ 1:01 pm   25

Would be nice if the Assassin creed game were there for me to play

Lethalx08 19 February, 2016 @ 2:41 pm   26

Any chance Digimon All Star Rumble could get a PS Now release ?. not the greatest game but PS3 died before i got the chance to play it.

Any chance this will ever come to New Zealand