Posted

Carmageddon: Max Damage announced for PS4

Stainless Games’ vintage vehicular carnage series returns to the streets

Hi! I’m Jason Garber, Publishing Director at Stainless Games, and I’m excited to announce today that Carmageddon: Max Damage is tearing its way onto a PS4 near you!

CMaxDamage1

Carmageddon: Max Damage features more cars than ever, more environments than ever, and most importantly more pedestrians than ever! There’s never been a better time to cruise over to Bleak City and trash your opponents, both online and offline, in a six-way car crushing experience!

CMaxDamage1

Whether you decide to keep it offline against AI opponents in Classic Carma, where winning can take the form of wrecking all your opponents, dispatching all the pedestrians or completing all the laps, or you decide to take the pain online in Fox ‘n’ Hounds where one player is marked as a Fox for the Hounds to hunt, the options of fun are limitless.

CMaxDamage3
CMaxDamage5

Tie all this in with a fully packed Action Replay mode, where you’re able to set cameras to see the carnage from any and every angle, PowerUps to trash your opponents and pedestrians in weird and wonderful ways (fancy driving a car split in two?) to repairing on the fly with the anytime repair system, there’s never been a better time to hit the tarmac and let the death race begin!

Grab your friends, grab your controllers, and prepare for the mayhem!

CMaxDamage4CMaxDamage2CMaxDamage5

CMaxDamage3

CMaxDamage2
CMaxDamage4

For more information, including trailer, please visit www.carmageddonmaxdamage.com

Did you enjoy this?

Comments

19 Comments 0 Author replies
Show oldest first

Nice. Will give that a go.

Oh man…if you only did a version for PS Vita i would double dip it !

Franzkill 22 February, 2016 @ 2:53 pm

Whats a PS Vita?

Carnivius_Prime 22 February, 2016 @ 4:00 pm

Best darn handheld of all time.

CluckNuggets 22 February, 2016 @ 4:04 pm

No that would be the DS having sold 154 million units.

Carnivius_Prime 22 February, 2016 @ 7:40 pm

I said BEST, not best-selling. I had the 3DS last year. It was a chore to find anything worth playing for more than 5 minutes (and the Nintendo e-shop prices were a total joke for a handheld) so I sold it. Still very happy with my Vita and all it’s features and I like the games.

CluckNuggets 22 February, 2016 @ 8:45 pm

What implies the best? Certainly not just your personal opinion. Seriously if you couldn’t find anything worth playing and you actually found something worth playing on the Vita, you had your eyes closed yelling “I CANT HEAR YOU”.

Awesome news! Retail too maybe? 😛

Carnivius_Prime 22 February, 2016 @ 3:59 pm   4

I didn’t realise Carmageddon was still a thing. Could be fun.

CluckNuggets 22 February, 2016 @ 4:08 pm   5

It’s amazing to see Stainless go from funding Carmageddon: Reincarnation through Early Access on PC and giving us every Carmageddon game for free to releasing a game on the Playstation 4. This is Stainless’ big comeback.

Huono_peleis 22 February, 2016 @ 4:42 pm   6

Ps Vita sold 154 units too.

PenilePerkalator 22 February, 2016 @ 4:45 pm   7

Oh helllll yes! I remember playing carmageddon on PC in 1999. This is going to be worth the wait!!

Excellent news, addicited to these on the PC back in the day. All important information is missing (probably not known), but when??

Or is it click bait for the weblink?

Old memories is just pouring through! Can’t wait..

TzarChasm 22 February, 2016 @ 5:53 pm   10

Oh my God, yes! I desperately, DESPERATELY miss the car combat genre’s heyday, back in the PS1/2 eras, and was terribly disappointed by the PS3 Twisted Metal reboot. I need this to be amazing.

Scratch that: either way, I just NEED this!

Afterthought: Warthog’s driver was my favorite character in Twisted Metal Black. I see what appears to be an SUV with tank treads up there. Just take my goddamned money already, will you?

swcoruscant 22 February, 2016 @ 7:57 pm   11

So this has splitscreen, right?

Reymart_Cruz 22 February, 2016 @ 9:00 pm   12

Hell i want TwIsTeD MeTaL in the ps vita. I prepare playing twisted metal in my ps3

Awesome!! Brings back the memories of Carmageddon II: Carpocalypse Now, especially the demo!